Tapology Forums

"Marvelous" Marvin Hagler Tribute Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

03.14.2021 | 12:19 PM ET

"Marvelous" Marvin Hagler, one of the greatest boxers of all time, sadly passed away yesterday at the age of 66. He was the undisputed Middleweight Champion of the world between 1980 and 1987, holding the WBA, WBC and IBF Middleweight Titles. He made 12 successful defences of those belts including his legendary 1985 fight against Tommy "The Hitman" Hearns that was simply known as "The War". Other notable boxing legends he beat include Roberto Duran, Juan Domingo Roldan and Alan Minter. He ended his incredible career with a record of 62-3-2 winning 52 of those fights by knockout. R.I.P "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

03.14.2021 | 12:33 PM ET

This man inspired me, he had NEVER been knocked out in his career. Then I saw this

most savage boxer ever 
RIP

* Edited at 03.14.2021, 12:33 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Wilo
Wilo
  • Predictions:  12,196  |  69.8%
  • Forum Posts:  360
  • Post Score: 250

03.14.2021 | 12:33 PM ET

Rest in peace, Marvelous. One of the best to ever do it
Hippie
Hippie

03.23.2021 | 7:43 PM ET

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

03.23.2021 | 8:10 PM ET

R.I.P. one of the greatest too young to see any live, but youtube has many vids and montages.
This was the fight that introduced me to Marvin and

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Deontay Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhilei Zhang
  • MMA Mania : Jake Paul’s $10 Million Offer ‘Still Stands’ For MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul offers Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz $10 million for MMA fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Robert Whittaker not sold on Bo Nickal after UFC 300, says he has ‘work to do’ before fighting Top 10
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 live results (7 p.m. ET): Welterweights, featherweights in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video at 2 p.m. ET.
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’