Topic: UFC 263

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

02.25.2021 | 12:51 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 263
  • Saturday 06.12.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Gila River Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 600,000 | TV Ratings: 1.09M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Marvin Vettori   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Deiveson Figueiredo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:26 Round 3 of 5, 12:26 Total Bout Page
Leon Edwards   defeats   Nate Diaz   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Demian Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Arm Injury and Strikes From Guard   1:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brad Riddell   defeats   Drew Dober   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Darren Stewart   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lauren Murphy   defeats   Joanne Wood   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Hakeem Dawodu   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pannie Kianzad   defeats   Alexis Davis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Matt Frevola   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground and Pound   0:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Steven Peterson   defeats   Chase Hooper   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Luigi Vendramini   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlos Felipe   defeats   Jake Collier   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.27.2021 | 12:17 AM ET

Israel Adesanya   vs.   Marvin Vettori 

Vettori, Dec.

There's only one question that need be asked when trying to determine a winner here: Can Vettori execute effective chain wrestling to win rounds/get the fight to his wheelhouse where he can possibly get a TKO finish through GNP? Well, let's try and make sense of that possibility:

Marvin Vettori has the second highest TD rate of anyone Adesanya has ever faced--the first being Brunson. He has the highest TD accuracy percentage of anyone Adesanya has faced, including Yoel Romero. Adesanya has the highest TDD percentage of anyone Vettori has faced at 86%. We can break down what this means a little by analyzing the first fight.

The first fight

Was definitely not a blowout for Adesanya, and having rewatched it a couple of hours ago, I am confident that Vettori has improved far more than Adesanya has. Israel is the same fighter he was during their first encounter. Vettori is not.

The first two round were not competitive.  Vettori was kept at the end of Izzy's range and although he did land some counters/combos, they were rolled for the most part, and he definitely got the worst of it.

However, the third--which is where things get interesting in terms of breaking down their second bout--was a different deal. Vettori basically figured out that Adesanya is far less dangerous in intimate space than he is through the middle/outside, and where before he would stop advancing when izzy threw heat, he held his ground and took steps forward in high guard. This really ****** Adesanya's **** up. He started eating short 1-2'S, got cut-off, and became open to diving single legs.

Vettori successfully took Izzy down, and would have kept him there without too much trouble had Herb Dean, who is a corrupt *************, not badgered him with 'Let's work'! And threatened to stand them up basically 4 seconds after Vettori passed guard--which incidentally he was able to do like a hot knife through butter. Israel attempted a sweep and didn't get close to hitting it. Dean continued to harangue Vettori whenever he secured dominant position moving forward basically instantly. It was horrendous. Don't believe me? Rewatch the fight.

I'm going to take Vettori in this one and hope Dean isn't adjudicating. I think Vettori learned what he needed to from the first fight, and has improved his chain wrestling, grappling and cardio to the point that he's going to do enough to win on points through control and top damage. I don't see a finish. And new.

* Edited at 04.27.2021, 12:22 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 17 hours, and 13 minutes from now.
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

04.29.2021 | 1:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1565th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya
I like Vettori but I hate this fight. Allowing champions to play matchmaker is a very slippery slope, once they have the power to pick fights, the structure of the division will collapse.

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

agripp
agripp
  • Predictions:  176  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 249

05.02.2021 | 7:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4189th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R3
adesanya is the greatest

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
figueiredo is gonna win the rematch

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

05.02.2021 | 11:14 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

Whittaker is still on the US half of his quarantine, in a hotel room with two black eyes playing video games. Feels like it was kind of a bum move to even make him an offer. He's clearly not gonna be ready to turn around that quick, but I'm sure he didn't want to turn it down. For someone who only ever shows up and performs, doesn't it seem like Dana kinda jerks him around?

Adesanya by Decision. I feel like Vettori is going to have a false confidence going for takedowns after that's how Jan won it. But I see Izzy defending the takedowns and winning the striking exchanges just like the first fight.

Figgy by KO, later on like the 3rd or 4th. I think we saw the worst Figueiredo last time. Tried to cut and fight again way too soon, got food poisoning, gassed late in the fight, and still would have won if not for the point deduction. I think remove all those variables, he just comes in and goes to work.

Muhammad by Decision. Feels like a gimme for Belal after a bad beat last time, right? He's gonna piece Maia up.

Hill by KO. Just can't give up a freak submission.

Hooper by Submission because why not?
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

05.03.2021 | 5:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3464th

Peterson vs. Hooper
Steven Peterson, TKO, R2
if Hooper hasn't fixed his stand up I think he's getting finished

"šŸ“ No Quarter Given šŸ“"

2021.05.03 11:30 PM ET

bout announced

Leon Edwards vs. Nate Diaz at 170 lbs (77.1 kg)
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

05.04.2021 | 1:28 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, TKO, R3
this card is officially insane ***

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,211  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,529
  • Post Score: 196

05.04.2021 | 4:56 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2617th

Diaz vs Leon has to be the last non title fight if itā€™s 5 Rounds right?

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

05.04.2021 | 4:02 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 4100th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Marvin Vettori, DEC
After a chess match for 25 minutes, Vettori wins a clear cut decision with takedowns and pressure while Israel lands more on the feet.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Brandon Moreno, DEC
Hard rematch to predict. I say Deiveson dominates the first 2 and maybe gets a knockdown, but then he struggles with Moreno in the last 3 after gassing and Moreno uses clean boxing to steal a close rematch that isnā€™t nearly as fun as the first one.

Craig vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Paul gets caught and wobbles bad and Hill finishes with a standing TKO.

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
Belal has too much volume for Maia to handle and I think Demian gets hit with a spinning backfist late in the fight and barely survives.

Edwards vs. Diaz
Nate Diaz, TKO, R4
Leon will piece Diaz up for 4 rounds and then Diaz will throw an overhand right that grazes and cuts Edwards and he wins with a BS stoppage and it gets rebooked for August.

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,328  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  280
  • Post Score: 242

05.05.2021 | 3:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 3827th

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, DEC
I'll be surprised if Leon finishes Nate. I mean Nate is basically that cat Denis got when he was looking for a junk yard dog on sunny.

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

05.05.2021 | 7:39 PM ET

I think Nate's chin got overrated a bit from those Conor fights. Conor clearly lacks the one punch KO power he had at FW in the higher weight classes. Yes he did legitimately drop and hurt Nate, but my point is that I think Leon can do way worse to him. I think Leon can hit him consistently for all 5 rounds because of way better cardio than Conor, he can hit him harder than Conor, and we have to come to terms that Nate has taken a bunch of damage over his career. I think Frankie Edgar showed us that when father time comes knocking on your door, it can be a pretty brutal way to go out when the most people can say about you going into a fight is "he still has a solid chin despite the wars". I think Nate fighting legit guys like Leon will only get him hurt and quite possibly slept. The Diaz brothers should avoid every divisions T15 imo, they're way too inactive and their styles are way too one dimensional for the top guys these days.

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054

05.05.2021 | 8:04 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

It's just a really bad matchup for nate
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054

05.05.2021 | 8:05 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

I genuinely think the trilogy with conor will happen too at some point before they both retire 
JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

05.06.2021 | 8:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 8 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 415th

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, DEC
This is a waste of time for Edwards, who should be fighting the top 5 of the division right now, and I don't think it will be fun to watch at all. Nate will eat shots and takedowns for 3 or 4 rounds until his face lets him down again. Late TKO or clear decision for Edwards. Seriously tho, Nate Diaz vs Cerrone 2, or vs a Carlos Condit, or a Matt Brown would have been way better. If he somehow wins this (by submission ?) I will eat my words, but this is really an undeserved opportunity, almost worst than the Poirier rematch for McGregor. Maybe if they both loses, the trilogy could finally happen ?

Peterson vs. Hooper
Steven Peterson, TKO, R2
Peterson may not be the best fighter of the UFC, but he is tough and durable, relentless with his offense, with dangerous stand up skills. Hooper can drag him to the ground and sub him with his elite JJB talent of course, but his body looks really awkward and weak, he's slow, doesn't move very well, and can't defend at all, so I think Peterson gets it done late in rounds 2 or 3.

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

05.06.2021 | 11:40 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 1097th

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, DEC
If Leon Edwards was facing Nate Diaz 10 years ago, I would give Nate a good chance at winning, but he is washed up now.

RedFox190
RedFox190

05.08.2021 | 4:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 900th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R2
Picked Jan to beat Izzy because frame and technical striking; Vettori has frame, but that straight left hand is telegraphed -- his chin is open.

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, TKO, R2
This is a give-me for Leon. Leon by whatever he wants.

2021.05.08 9:39 PM ET

bout announced

Eryk Anders vs. Darren Stewart II at 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

05.10.2021 | 12:45 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1311th

I really think we saw the best Moreno and the worst Figueiredo and it was a draw. Figgy has the higher ceiling to improve.
FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA

05.10.2021 | 6:39 PM ET

Wow

people are making the same mistake they did in the first fight. It was a draw that Moreno shouldā€™ve won or at least was very close in and only 23% of people say heā€™s going to win the rematch. Not saying Moreno is gonna win or lose just saying to not count him out. 

FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA

05.10.2021 | 6:41 PM ET

I really donā€™t know what my predictions did that pissed off 5 people lol 

2021.05.11 10:03 PM ET

bout announced

Pannie Kianzad vs. Alexis Davis at 135 lbs (61.2 kg)
mmmma
mmmma
  • Predictions:  13,796  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  95
  • Post Score: 96

05.14.2021 | 3:28 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1929th

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/36567
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

05.14.2021 | 11:21 PM ET

Predictions: 14 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 905 Points   |   2nd Place

I really like the odds of +200 on Vettori Tbh. I think Vettori is the only man to have a chance to beat Izzy.

"Quack quack quack"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ā€˜Just continue being the bestā€™: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereiraā€™s Wrestling To Ben Askrenā€™s Striking: ā€˜Such A Deficiencyā€™
  • MMA Mania : ā€˜I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows Thatā€™
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ā€˜Cowboyā€™ Cerrone Tears Bicep ā€˜Off the Boneā€™ While Preparing to Ride Dana Whiteā€™s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ā€˜It Canā€™t Go Backā€™
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ā€˜Itā€™s Weird To Seeā€™
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ā€˜Run it back, give fans a fair fightā€™: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings