Topic: UFC 263

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,827
  • Post Score: 47

02.25.2021 | 12:51 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 263
  • Saturday 06.12.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Gila River Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 600,000 | TV Ratings: 1.09M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Marvin Vettori   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Deiveson Figueiredo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:26 Round 3 of 5, 12:26 Total Bout Page
Leon Edwards   defeats   Nate Diaz   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Demian Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Arm Injury and Strikes From Guard   1:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brad Riddell   defeats   Drew Dober   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Darren Stewart   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lauren Murphy   defeats   Joanne Wood   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Hakeem Dawodu   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pannie Kianzad   defeats   Alexis Davis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Matt Frevola   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground and Pound   0:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Steven Peterson   defeats   Chase Hooper   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Luigi Vendramini   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlos Felipe   defeats   Jake Collier   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 15

Nortiest
Nortiest
  • Predictions:  231  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

06.12.2021 | 12:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 900th

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, TKO, R2
Doctors stoppage from a cut over the right eye

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

06.12.2021 | 1:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3464th

@DamienHandel420

>Vettori lucky that Chris Lee did a oppsie as Izzy clearly won the first 2 round as Vettori was missing the whole night and Chris Lee was scoring the miss shots by Vettori, As in both round Izzy was clealy landing more and harder. Vettori doesn't derseve it, or would of gotten it otherwise.

I've said this before but I swear to you man that fight looked different live to people than it did on TV. In my section of the crowd almost everyone thought Vettori won. But I also get it, he's a hired judge and we're fans who are uh...not all of clear mind. He also had a much closer spot to the fight than us fans, so there are things that go into his favor more than to us regular fans watching. Still though, I can sometimes understand why some judges can give weird scores in close fights after being to some live shows, idk what it is but something really just ****s with your perception of what is actually happening in front of you. Maybe it's the influence of others near you? idk...but it's weird to experience.

---

Also I agree with all the people saying the Leon vs Diaz fight makes no ******* sense for either person. This is probably going to be a huge mismatch all around. Unless Leon has some sort of weird adrenaline dump or he just somehow doesn't mentally prepare correctly for this fight, it should be a completely one-sided fight for him. I think Leon will do to Nate what Masvidal did, just on a much larger scale. Remember Masvidal spent so much time wasted just punching Nate in the gut as he laid on his back. I don't see Leon playing that ****, he's going to go into Nate's guard to smash him or bring him back up and smash him on the feet. I think Leon has a legit chance of knocking Nate out cold if the fight goes on long enough. I still think Nate has a path to victory (pure BJJ), but it's such a weird thing to rely on in such a dangerous fight with a guy that's better than him literally everywhere else.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Igetslamedallday
Igetslamedallday
  • Predictions:  794  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 125

06.12.2021 | 1:24 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3987th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
I still hate fig tho

"If we fight for money, I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

06.12.2021 | 1:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 8 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 105th

Dawodu vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
Gimme the -ev.

Kianzad vs. Davis
Pannie Kianzad, DEC
Yeah.... There's always the threat of Davis to wet blanket

Frevola vs. McKinney
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Yeahh.... I'll take Mckinney.

Peterson vs. Hooper
Chase Hooper, DEC
Ehhhhh..... Gimme Hooper.

Ziam vs. Vendramini
Luigi Vendramini, DEC
Hmmm.... Not much I see out for Vendramini.... But he looks promising...

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,763  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,183
  • Post Score: 191

06.12.2021 | 1:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 499th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Marvin Vettori, DEC
Respect for the champion in taking on the challenge of fighting a bigger Błaczowicz, unfortunately his strategy of not gaining weight was too wrong. Regarding this fight: When you defend the knockdowns the wrestler loses confidence and with body shots he loses his physical resistance, but if the wrestler manages to knock down and manages to control the ground correctly every time he tries to knock down it will be easier for him to return. to the ground due to the wear that the striker will take due to the control time and ground and pound. Adesanya has an advantage in height, reach and precision. Vettori depends on how long he achieves a takedown with the ground control, in the first fight I need 2 rounds and a half to knock down and control Adesanya if in this fight he gets the takedown early in the first round and controls and wears down during most of the round will be an easier fight for the Italian, but if it takes until the 4th or 5th round to bring the champion to the ground, Adesanya has everything to win easily. From my point of view, although Adesanya's TDD has improved, Vettori's wrestling improved a lot. Also, training in Kings MMA, the same team as Kelvin Gastelum, allows Vettori and his corner to have an advantage in terms of studying his opponent.

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, DEC
From my point of view Edwards is a Boring Fighter, but being objective Edwards is a fighter who sticks very well to his strategy and does what is necessary to neutralize the weapons of his opponents. Diaz has a high volume of strikes (for something he has the record for the most significant strikes landed in 3-round fights), in addition to taking Nate to the ground without a decent submission game, his opponent is in greater danger. It's highly unlikely that Nate will pull off the same performance as he did against Michael Johnson, but being a very tough guy I doubt Edwards will push for the knockout.

Anders vs. Stewart II
Darren Stewart, DEC
Unlike what many may think, I think that fighting at 205 can be very convenient for Darren Stewart: In his last fight Stewart looked less muscular compared to his usual form, during the fight he looked much more Quicker and with greater ability to try combinations but this could also greatly influence his ability to take shots, the weight change will probably allow Stewart to be healthier heading into this fight. Anders aside from being a fighter with inconsistent performance, he has not done well at all at 205 pounds (remember the beating Khalil Rountree over Anders in 2019). Stewart has a good takedown offense to face someone so dangerous on feet like Anders, he should try a different strategy than just trading blows from a distance.

Peterson vs. Hooper
Steven Peterson, DEC
Chase Hooper is 21 years old and today he has the opportunity to show his progress after training with Wonderboy Thompson. But based on what has been seen before, it seems to me that again we will see Hooper looking for takedowns but without specifying them due to the physical difference and having to pull guard to look for a hail mary heel hook. Peterson is not the highest level fighter, but if he manages to defend takedowns, handle a high volume of punches and be on the lookout for attempts at leg locks he can take this fight easily (30-27).

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

06.12.2021 | 1:46 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 8 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 105th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Taking the bender. I don't think Marvin has it in him to wrestle for 5 rounds. But, I'm ready to be wrong.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Brandon Moreno, DEC
So I believe Figgy is definitely fighting at a tough weight class, and the fight was very.... Interesting. Definitely leaning Moreno here because he holds the sole weakness of pushing a good enough pace to snatch the title.

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, TKO, R4
Alright, I get it. Nate is a star. Unfortunately his skills are not what got him there; It's his personality, that's not enough to contend well. This is a brutal matchup from him, and I'm very curious to see how long he will last. Edwards could either sit out and wait for title contention, but hey, nothing wrong with adding Diaz to the streak.

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
Tricky one. I do like Belal though. Young, hungry, and good skills all around. Maia is almost done with MMA period.

Craig vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
This could be the breaking point of Hill becoming a star. Hopefully he catches Craig early. I don't know where Paul wants to take his career.

Dober vs. Riddell
Drew Dober, TKO, R3
Gimme Dober. Riddell's botched weight cut, and quality of opponents come to mind when giving Dober the edge. Fun one. FOTN candidate..

Anders vs. Stewart II
Eryk Anders, DEC
Man..... Another tough one. I'll take Anders. He appears to find a new team that can help him.

Murphy vs. Calderwood
Lauren Murphy, DEC
Yikes, one of the toughest calls. I'll take Murphy. Wouldn't be surprised if she drops this....

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Swallerballs
Swallerballs
  • Predictions:  222  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 271

06.12.2021 | 2:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 2342nd

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Orc Down

Craig vs. Hill
Paul Craig, SUB, R2
+1600 round 2 submission, I like those chances if he can survive the 1st.

Dober vs. Riddell
Brad Riddell, DEC
FOTN and going all 3 rounds.

Brodybjb
Brodybjb
  • Predictions:  3,592  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 111

06.12.2021 | 2:44 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 361st

Craig vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
This is a weird one for me because in my head this sjould be easy to pick a winner but people call paul craig the comeback king for a reason and we havent seen much on the ground from hill yet but when you look at hill he probobly is one of the hardist hiting 205ers and he only got into the ufc last year and he is already number 15 in the world and hes fighting a dude who i think will get koed in the first by hill because if you look at the menafield fight i see it playing out like that not as much spining but the same resalt paul criag loseing by 1st round ko

"Boom roasted - Ben Askren"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

06.12.2021 | 2:46 PM ET

Predictions: 14 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 905 Points   |   2nd Place

I have blue balls, when will the beautiful sport of face punching start. This card is so ******* stack with close fights

"Quack quack quack"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

06.12.2021 | 3:00 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 552nd

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Brodybjb
Brodybjb

06.12.2021 | 3:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, TKO, R4
Edwards will win lets be honest its just a pick between a dision and a tko because i will never say that nate will get koed becuase i think his chin is just to hard so i think leon will start uses his deadly elbows and open up some scare tisue on nates face making the docter stop the fights inbetween rounds and then leon fights usman and loses

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
if maia is going to win its going to be by submission lets just be onist and benal should 99.99% but maia is one of if not the best grappler in the ufc but i think hes past his best before date hes way out of his prime and i dont think hes going to get koed because benal does not have the power that a gilbert burns or a nate marquart and so i think belal can piece him up on the feet and win the desision

MidNiteBlues
MidNiteBlues
  • Predictions:  5,675  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 286

06.12.2021 | 3:28 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 9 Perfect, 725 Points   |   Tied for 105th

Ziam/Vendramini is a sneaky fotn candidate tucked away in the prelims. 

"So, if guns don't kill people, people kill people...Does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast."

Brodybjb
Brodybjb

06.12.2021 | 3:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R3
i think marvins chin is made of granite but you can only take so much to the face until it breaks and i think with the prussure marvin is going to put on izzy his legs are going to be balloons because if you look at what he did to paulo (rip) when ever paulo would come towords him izzy would just kick the legs like CRAZY those were some of the most signifacent strikes trown that intire fight but i do think marvin is a better fighter than paulo and is a smarter fighter as well so he problobly saw what izzy did to paulo and is gonna try and make izzy think of the takedown but when i think about izzys gym city kickboxing i think of dan hooker and others of course and what is dan really good at timeing knees i think that the whole team is good at time espesaly izzy so if he can time marvin shooting for a takedown and he hits him with a knee or a upercut i dont care who you are your geting knocked out when your head is moving into a fist or a knee moving do fast you cant even see it its over goodnight you dont even need a bed time story to go to sleep this time night night marvin i think marvin has a great chin but izzy is going to crack it izzy 3rd round ko

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
i think is figgy comes in 100% he koes him in the 1st but that wieghtcut looked BADDD super super bad he came in with a minute left before he coulded weight in any more but on the other hand in there last fight figgy was in the hospital vomiting the night before and then he put on my fight of the year so you never know he could come in a starch brandon in the first 30 seconds but i just cant see that happening because of the weight cut and if im brandon im just gonna go the body over and over and over again just to make him gas because of the rough weight cut but im still gonna go with figgy by ko

BoxingMMAFan
BoxingMMAFan
  • Predictions:  87  |  50.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 240

06.12.2021 | 3:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 4137th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Brandon Moreno, TKO, R1
Figueiredo = paper champ

"Always bet on black"

MaxPlayMaxime
MaxPlayMaxime
  • Predictions:  441  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 150

06.12.2021 | 3:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 625 Points   |   Tied for 552nd

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Jan was practice

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
Figgy was winning before, but beware the calm challenger

Edwards vs. Diaz
Nate Diaz, TKO, R5
reach royalty

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
lets get layed

Dober vs. Riddell
Brad Riddell, DEC
reach royalty

Anders vs. Stewart II
Eryk Anders, TKO, R3
#take2 dont **** up the choreo

Murphy vs. Calderwood
Lauren Murphy, DEC
reach royalty

Dawodu vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
Evloev will lay on him

Kianzad vs. Davis
Alexis Davis, DEC
strong schedule and will drag her to the end

Peterson vs. Hooper
Chase Hooper, SUB, R3
another young buck will make the choke

Felipe vs. Collier
Jake Collier, DEC
breaking the cycle

"It aint over till it's over"

andreypa
andreypa
  • Predictions:  3,104  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,280
  • Post Score: 81

06.12.2021 | 3:48 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2617th

Looks like lots of decision fights this card,but who knows. I am taking chance on both Vettori and Moreno! 
tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,952  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,338
  • Post Score: 168

06.12.2021 | 3:54 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 1097th

@andreypa

I've picked 11 of tonight's fights to go to decision.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

06.12.2021 | 3:57 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1852nd

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Axl702
Axl702
  • Predictions:  2,939  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  483
  • Post Score: 110

06.12.2021 | 4:12 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

i think i have like 3 fights to go to decision tonight 

"R.I.P. Beneil"

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,240  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

06.12.2021 | 4:18 PM ET

Final predictions

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1794th

Felipe will Win this fight by Decision 
Luigi needs to use his grappling to edge this fight
I truely believe Peterson will batter chase for 3 rounds
McKinney is making his debut and he’s hungry 
Pannie literally is on like a 4 fight dec streak
Hakeem has pretty good TDD
Jojo has way better striking 
Anders and Stewart can go either way but if this goes after the first round I only see it benefiting Darren
Riddell Dober easily could be FOTN
I think Craig is gonna be a pest
Maia looks too old at this point I think he should retire if he takes a L here
Just going wit Diaz cuz **** you ************
I think Deiveson does what he says and finishes the job in the first 
And lastly I’ve awoken from my dream and realized ****bender probably knocks Marvin out 

"Too much wine "

Page 15

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Square Up With Yourself, Motherf—ker!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighter’s puking causes TKO loss at Dynasty Combat Sports 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz walks out on final tour stop: ‘Square off with yourself motherf**ker’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Gabriel Braga knocks out Justin Gonzales in first fight since father's death
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz bails on final press conference with Jorge Masvidal: 'Square off with yourself, motherf*cker'
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant to fight fellow OnlyFans star Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fights Elle Brooke in Misfits Boxing 15 main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Shrugs Off KO Loss, Books UFC 303 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill books quick turnaround for UFC 303, faces Khalil Rountree
  • MMAFighting.com : Jamahal Hill vs. Khalil Rountree announced for McGregor vs. Chandler card at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : UFC 300 Judge Apologizes For Oliveira Score
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Los Angeles press conference video
  • Middle Easy : Former UFC Fighter Paige VanZant Rumored For May 25 Boxing Match Against Influencer Elle Brooke
  • Middle Easy : Sean Strickland Plans To Make ‘Dirty Brazilian’ Paulo Costa Bleed At UFC 302, Costa Says He’ll Be ‘Machine Hitter’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Don Madge taps Brennan Ward in wild 62-second brawl
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘BMF’ Holloway Shows Off Badly Damaged Leg
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia chugs beer at weigh-in for fight with Devin Haney after failing to make weight
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Thad Jean uppercut faceplants Romain Debienne for brutal knockout