Topic: UFC 263

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,977
  • Post Score: 47

02.25.2021 | 12:51 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 263
  • Saturday 06.12.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Gila River Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 600,000 | TV Ratings: 1.09M avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Marvin Vettori   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Deiveson Figueiredo   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:26 Round 3 of 5, 12:26 Total Bout Page
Leon Edwards   defeats   Nate Diaz   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Belal Muhammad   defeats   Demian Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Arm Injury and Strikes From Guard   1:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Brad Riddell   defeats   Drew Dober   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   defeats   Darren Stewart   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lauren Murphy   defeats   Joanne Wood   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Movsar Evloev   defeats   Hakeem Dawodu   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pannie Kianzad   defeats   Alexis Davis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Terrance McKinney   defeats   Matt Frevola   via KO/TKO, Left Cross to Ground and Pound   0:07 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Steven Peterson   defeats   Chase Hooper   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Luigi Vendramini   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlos Felipe   defeats   Jake Collier   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 10

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,786  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

06.09.2021 | 10:25 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1565th

Craig vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
This is gonna be a classic striker vs grappler matchup. Hill's grappling is going to be tested even more in this fight than it did in the Stosic fight. Craig is slick on the ground but thus far in his UFC career Jamahal Hill has been easy to take down but very difficult to hold down. If Craig can't keep this fight on the ground Hill is going to land those hands and maybe a few of those thunderous body kicks from his southpaw stance that will change the fight and KO Craig. As long as Hill's grappling holds up that is. FDGTD at -235 is probably my favorite bet on the card because if this fight does go to the ground Craig could submit Hill and if he unsuccessful getting it to the ground Hill will knock him out after he gasses from the unsuccessful TD attempts.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

06.10.2021 | 2:48 AM ET

Predictions: 14 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 905 Points   |   2nd Place

Anyone else find it funny how the same guy who everyone thought would loss to a guy who only fought 3 cans in the UFC, Is now a -600 favourites against  anyone, Let alone Nate ******* Diaz, And you know what funnier, the odds for Nate Diaz to get knockout is +140, Nate Diaz who only got finish by a cut stoppage, And a perfect headkick, That he was still consious from. And this same guy, In 10 UFC win, TKO 2 people with half of his tko being in the very last second of the fight, And the other one being 6 year ago. People really expecting Nate to be some punk ass *****. They is ton of value on Nate Diaz as +480 and Leon by decsion at +125, What people expecting, Leon to win by cut stoppage. Might as well bet on DQ by eyepoke , As that have the same likely hood of happening 

I just think It's MMA, And in the sport where anything can happen, And will happen, The line on Leon is to inflated, Leon should be closer to -300.But most fight on this card , The favourtes is way to inflated.The card is filled with -300 in 50-50 fight. Just put money on some of the big underdogs and make bank. People are really **** riding the favourtes, As the odds on favoutes got more infalted, People are going to loss money this weekend on parleys

* Edited at 06.10.2021, 5:06 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

06.10.2021 | 5:36 AM ET

A huge reason Nate is lined as such a large underdog is to entice the casuals into betting him.

The books know what they are doing.
Paulo White
Paulo White
  • Predictions:  2,270  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 100

06.10.2021 | 6:46 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1542nd

I Do not think Izyy handpicked this one?

"Paulo is the GOAT."

Paulo White
Paulo White
  • Predictions:  2,270  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 100

06.10.2021 | 6:53 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1542nd

How much did you get from nunes?

"Paulo is the GOAT."

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

06.10.2021 | 7:19 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 249th

Dober vs. Riddell
Drew Dober, TKO, R1
dober is a fast and aggressive starter with KO power, Riddell is very solid but a very slow starter too and i think Dober can expose that

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,211  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,529
  • Post Score: 196

06.10.2021 | 7:38 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2617th

Damien, anyone who thought Chimaev would beat Leon is an idiot lol.

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Yo3L_R0mero
Yo3L_R0mero
  • Predictions:  4,777  |  69.4%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 291

06.10.2021 | 7:43 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Could be a knockout, but Vettori generally has pretty good defense. It'll be interesting to see whether Vettori can get takedowns and actually hold Adesanya down. If he can get them in open mat, Vettori has a good chance to get a decision. But, if all his shot attempts play out along the cage, Adesanya coasts to a decision easy. Maybe even the KO.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R3
Figueiredo had weight cut trouble and was sick with food poisoning and had to be hospitalized the day before the fight. And yet if it wasn't for the point deduction, he would've won that fight by unanimous decision. As long as his weight cut goes well and he comes in healthy, I think he comes for blood this time.

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, TKO, R3
Listen, I love Nate just as much as everyone else, but there's absolutely no way I'd pick him in this fight. The 16% that picked him doesn't even surprise me as much as the 55% who picked Edwards to win by decision. This is gonna be a beat down, and the doctor's probably gonna stop it because of all that scar tissue on Nate's face that's gonna bust open again.

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
I'm so torn on this one. I honestly might switch it last minute cause I've been so back and forth on the pick. I think either Belal is able to avoid the ground/any dangerous subs and coasts to a decision or Maia locks up the sub. The problem is Belal is a pressure fighter, which will give Demian a lot of chances to clinch and shoot for takedowns. With that said, there have been too many changing of the guards lately for me not to pick Belal. I know no one ever expected Jacare to get subbed, but there's just NO WAY Belal gets the sub here. But maybe the KO if Demian's chin isn't there anymore?

Dober vs. Riddell
Drew Dober, DEC
Close fight, I just think Drew Dober winning is the more likely scenario based on experience. But, I might switch this still. Riddell shouldn't be underestimated.

Anders vs. Stewart II
Eryk Anders, TKO, R2
I'm giving Darren Stewart the benefit of the doubt and saying he gets KO'ed second round instead of first. Did you see Eryk Anders piecing him up in their last fight!?!?

Murphy vs. Calderwood
Lauren Murphy, DEC
Lauren Murphy is underrated, and she deserves a title shot. Murphy by wrestle ****, 30-27

Dawodu vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
Love this matchup, and I like both of them, but I have to go with Evloev. Hakeem definitely has a chance to win, but I think this plays out on the feet, so I have to go with the more technical striker in Evloev. He's been training with some absolute killers out of Tiger Muay Thai.

Frevola vs. McKinney
Matt Frevola, DEC
Anyone else remember what happened to the last LFA fighter that went on a KO streak before getting the UFC call up on a few days notice? Oh yeah, his name was Gregory Rodriguez and he won his debut last week. So, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if McKinney pulls it off too.

Peterson vs. Hooper
Steven Peterson, DEC
Until Hooper learns some wrestling and striking defense, I can't in good conscious pick him to win. He's lucky he has a good chin cause that's the only reason I'm not picking KO.

* Edited at 06.10.2021, 7:50 AM ET *

"Cuando estoy enfrente de un ser humano, lo veo como un ser humano" - Yoel Romero

DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,589  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  162
  • Post Score: 141

06.10.2021 | 8:01 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 726th

Adesanya vs. Vettori II
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R3
Vettori is going to gas out hard and then just desperately shoot for takedowns. Izzy is gonna knock him out.

Figueiredo vs. Moreno II
Deiveson Figueiredo, DEC
Moreno did very good in the first fight but I think Figueiredo is on another level and will show that again.

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, DEC
Diaz is going to get absolutely destroyed by Edwards and it’s not even gonna be close. I don’t think Edwards will knock him out but he’s gonna win every round easily.

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
Belal has way better striking and if this stays standing he’s going to dominate. The only path to victory for Maia is a submission.

Craig vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Craig has been knocked out many times before and I think Hill knocks him out as well. Hill has very good hands and the only path to victory for Craig is probably a submission. If Hill keeps this standing it’s over for Craig.

Dober vs. Riddell
Drew Dober, TKO, R2
Dober will knock Riddell out. Riddell will gas out and get clipped while shooting for a takedown.

Anders vs. Stewart II
Eryk Anders, TKO, R2
Anders may be one of the most inconsistent fighters in the UFC but when he’s on his game he’s very good. Before he got disqualified against Stewart last time, he was wrecking.

Murphy vs. Calderwood
Joanne Calderwood, DEC
I like Lauren Murphy and I think she’s a good fighter but Calderwood is better. This fight will be very close.

Dawodu vs. Evloev
Movsar Evloev, DEC
This is a very bad matchup for Dawodu stylistically. I was thinking about picking him to win but Evloev is gonna make this a boring fight and win a decision.

Kianzad vs. Davis
Pannie Kianzad, DEC
Pannie is a lot better than Davis and should make this look easy. I don’t think Davis is a can but Pannie is on another level.

Frevola vs. McKinney
Terrance McKinney, TKO, R1
Do not sleep on Terrance McKinney. I know he’s coming in on short notice and it’s his debut but I don’t think Frevola is very good and I think McKinney knocks him out and gets the POTN bonus.

Peterson vs. Hooper
Steven Peterson, TKO, R2
Peterson isn’t very good and you can argue he isn’t UFC caliber but he’s going to piece Hooper up if this fight stays standing. Hooper almost lost to Peter Barrett..

Ziam vs. Vendramini
Luigi Vendramini, TKO, R2
Luigi has better wrestling than he does hands but he’s going to knock Ziam out here. I don’t understand why money is coming in on Ziam. Luigi is better.

Felipe vs. Collier
Carlos Felipe, TKO, R1
Felipe is way better than Collier and will knock him out early.

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

06.10.2021 | 8:29 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 861st

Edwards vs. Diaz
Leon Edwards, DEC
Would love to see Nate pull this off but there's a very small chance of it happening at this point in his career against a hungry Leon, I can honestly see a TKO

Murphy vs. Calderwood
Joanne Calderwood, DEC
In Lauren's recent streak she looked good versus bums coming off her LOST versus EUBANKS... lol. JoJo has seen tougher opponents and has better striking IMO

Dawodu vs. Evloev
Hakeem Dawodu, DEC
My ass cheeks were clinched the entire time in the Evloev-Lentz fight because I had so much money on him and it didn't look pretty, wasn't impressed. I think Dawodu is a safe underdog here

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

06.10.2021 | 9:36 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 3002nd

That's true about evloev, people were so confident in him in his last fight, but split decision with nik lentz at his age and retired straight after, it was not a comfortable win at all for evloev
njrp77
njrp77
  • Predictions:  3,883  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  471
  • Post Score: 200

06.10.2021 | 10:41 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 3626th

Chimaev beats Leon.. and i will be coming back to this post when it happens
DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

06.10.2021 | 12:22 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2882nd

I'm going to try a new paper betting strategy of just picking any dogs I think have value/can realistically win/hit if over/under. If it's a pick em and I feel strongly to one side or the other I'll do favorite money. 

Things I think will be profitable overall......vettori +240, craig +250, Davis +170, vendramini +105, Riddell +125, Murphy +125, Collier +145. We'll see how it goes. 
NA850
NA850
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 270

06.10.2021 | 12:30 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 750 Points   |   Tied for 40th with 2 others

I'm kinda hoping Figueiredo/Moreno 2 ends in another draw just so a third match can happen between those two lol 

"Life is short, but also like terribly and insufferably long at the same time. "

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,079  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

06.10.2021 | 12:35 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Maia vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
Belal will stuff the takedowns of Maia and then just out work him on the feet winning a decision

Craig vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R1
Hill has great hands, Craig keeps his chin high and his hands fairly low so i think Hill can connect clean on the chin

Pineapple Express
Pineapple Express
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 57

06.10.2021 | 1:40 PM ET

Nate Diaz псовый убой

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 3331st

Смотреть в 4 глаза и читать среди догадок. Шахран создаёт чеканку будущего и зрит згу. Семижильный пацан мафиозного типа снова соблюдает свирепый упрямство и создаёт поломку характер Левона. Лежать и не поднимать тело на ногу до 10, неупокоенные сыновья Сокстона только передний ход. Честь имею, аккуратно с вампиром, кровь будет везде.

Nate Diaz, TKO 4 rond

"I'm not your mommy or your daddy, son"

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

06.10.2021 | 3:10 PM ET

Embedded

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 7 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 861st

@Dankmemes112 correction... "nasty ass hands"

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

Brodybjb
Brodybjb
  • Predictions:  3,592  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 111

06.10.2021 | 5:49 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 361st

Felipe vs. Collier
Carlos Felipe, TKO, R1
This is super easy fight to pick BOI by 1st round KO

"Boom roasted - Ben Askren"

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,786  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

06.10.2021 | 5:52 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1565th

Kianzad vs. Davis
Pannie Kianzad, DEC
This is a classic striker vs grappler matchup between the cagey veteran Alexis Davis and Pannie "Banzai" Kianzad. The fgtd line here is -430 so whichever side you like here it might be best to just bet them by decision. Kianzad this far in her UFC career has shown 83% takedown defense, however, when she does get taken down her opponents tend to control her for a while. This is going to be a close fight for sure, I see Davis getting it to the ground for 1 round, maybe 2 and if she gets it to the ground twice she will probably win a decision. This fight will come down to whether Pannie can keep it standing. If she does I see her crusing to a unanimous decision victory with Alexis Davis face looking like Johnny Bench's catchers mitt after a 15 inning game. That being said I'm not counting out Davis at all. No chance in hell I'd lay the -210 on the Kianzad ML, that's way too wide. The pick is Kianzad by decision but the betting value is probably on Alexis Davis by decision at +250.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

tryhardmarine
tryhardmarine
  • Predictions:  37  |  54.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 164

06.10.2021 | 6:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4228th

Anders vs. Stewart II
Darren Stewart, DEC
The Dentist by dec, might be able to finish Anders too, I had Stewart winning the Holland fight, he's underrated

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway
  • MMA Junkie : UFC returns to Manchester for UFC 304 on July 27
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Mania : Barber Was Ready To ‘Lay This Lady Out’ In Viral Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia