Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Rodriguez vs. Waterson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

02.04.2021 | 9:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 05.08.2021 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Rodriguez vs. Waterson
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 26
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier, Dominick Cruz
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 741,000 avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 9
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Marina Rodriguez   defeats   Michelle Waterson-Gomez   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Geoff Neal   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcos Rogério de Lima   defeats   Maurice Greene   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gregor Gillespie   defeats   Diego Ferreira   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:51 Round 2 of 3, 9:51 Total Bout Page
Phil Hawes   defeats   Kyle Daukaus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michael Trizano   defeats   Ľudovít Klein   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   Tafon Nchukwi   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Carlston Harris   defeats   Christian Aguilera   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   2:52 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 54

Gtroniqz
Gtroniqz
  • Predictions:  292  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  141
  • Post Score: 201

05.09.2021 | 10:09 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 2197th

Scratch my Gillespie comment , was a great comeback and I think I was just annoyed because I had Ferreira to win 
Chip_n_Dale_Steve
Chip_n_Dale_Steve
  • Predictions:  511  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 310

05.09.2021 | 11:27 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 536th

Klein didn't deliver... oh well, I still got better results than expected.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

05.09.2021 | 4:33 PM ET

I've certainly done better lol!

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 2378th

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

05.09.2021 | 7:02 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 610th

Boggles the mind to see people still hold Cowboy in any type of 'high' regard. The dude is shot, and he's been shot for a minute. Regardless, Conor McGregor's WW resume continues to age like spoiled milk. Love to see it.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

05.10.2021 | 12:11 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1250th

Geoff Neal has provided more excuses in his last two fights than any other fighter I can think of.
Slimcharly
Slimcharly
  • Predictions:  2,557  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 182

05.10.2021 | 12:12 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 490th

Why do you love to see Conor look bad? Legit curious.

"Fight clock brought to you by Modelooooooooooo! "

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

05.10.2021 | 7:21 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 610th

Me? I used to really dislike Conor McGregor, especially around the time he was fighting guys like Brandao, Poirier, and Aldo. Because I was a fan of all those guys. When he first joined the UFC I didn't like him very much because I (wrongly) thought the hype was unjust and that all the "CWFC double champ" claims were ridiculous considering he never did anything as double champ. But now, I don't "want" to see him do bad. I think he's been exposed as a fighter multiple times now and I think people are starting to see him for what he is. I respect fully what he was able to do during that insane hot streak he was on a while ago, but he is nowhere near that caliber now, and his performances show. I respect the guy for making money and I respect him for continuing to chase that money while it's still an option, it's his fans that drive me a little insane. There is a group of fans out there who legitimately think Conor McGregor is a world-class, elite 170-pounder right now when fighting at welterweight. And that is ridiculous. His resume at 170 speaks for itself. That's all I'm saying.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,870  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.11.2021 | 5:56 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 384th

* Edited at 05.11.2021, 5:57 AM ET *

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

05.11.2021 | 11:01 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 2593rd

Maurice Greene  has been cut from the UFC. Seems a few of us a definitely eating our words right now lol

This begs the question - HOW THE **** IS GIAN VILLANTE STILL IN THE UFC????????

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

05.12.2021 | 6:28 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 656th

I feel alot of Empathy for Greene, because he came in the best shape of his entire life, gave everything he possibly could while getting wrestle ****** only to lose his job.

But man what a ******* and drunk bully he comes across on the ultimate fighter

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

MrXRay
MrXRay
  • Predictions:  525  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 243

05.12.2021 | 3:08 PM ET

Re:CheckLeftHook

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 2687th

Honestly been wondering that myself recently. I suppose it’s because of his background with Strikeforce and his finish rate. I also wonder why fighters like Martin Day and Tim Elliot are still around.

"This is my crown: (L)"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

05.12.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

MrXray

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 2687th

No, Their a few reason there kept fighter around that should be cut. Money, Fun and Jobbing to better prospect. Those 2 guy you mention are in the UFC for those reason tbh

"Quack quack quack"

HiDefff
HiDefff

05.13.2021 | 9:25 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 536th

Tim Elliot is a boss. 
thebluedash
thebluedash
  • Predictions:  6,700  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 285

05.13.2021 | 7:31 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 4 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 279th

Tim Elliot is actually good, what are you talking about?

"Don't follow my bets, it's probably wrong."

Slimcharly
Slimcharly
  • Predictions:  2,557  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 182

06.06.2021 | 12:46 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 490th

That's completely understandable. I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. The last fight against Poirier, I saw something(honestly I don't know exactly what it was) in the final 45 seconds of the first round and I knew he was about to get KOed. I looked at my wife and gave her a look and she was like "OMG what?" (She's a huge Conor fan and only watches him and occasionally Nate's fights all year, so this was a big deal to her) I was like "Babe he's done. Something is off with his stance and his power just isn't at that One Hitta Quitta sledgehammer like before. He's about to get knocked out. Second round starts and I just left the room. I am one of those people that just cannot stand to watch one of my fave fighters get destroyed. Also refused to watch Jorge and Usman 2. Another fight that I knew wouldn't end well. 

I don't know which one of the 3,000 excuses his fans use for Conor are the real reason he's fell off but I think it's the weight class. He just isn't as powerful and without the 5 round cardio he isn't gonna be able to win  against these top guys. He's backed himself into a corner because he will only be fighting 5 round fights against  the best of the best until he retires. So it's self inflicted in multiple ways, imo. 

As far as some of his fans, yes they are clueless. I think it's because he is so famous that the idiots are mostly casuals that only watch one fight a year. Or however many fights Conor has. There is positives and negatives to that. I really cannot stand when some guys just completely bury Conor for stuff dumb people say. Regardless of how the rest of his career goes, I will never not recognize what he has done for the entire sport as far as pushing it into the elite of sports. Without Conor MMA would still be a long way behind where it is now. Also without Conor, I'll admit it idc, I would not be an MMA fan. He caught my eye and I took to the sport immediately. I was a guy that watched the 3 or 4 main American leagues since I was 5 or 6. Since I realized what MMA really was, not the cliche bs that I thought it was, I have completely stopped watching all other sports and I only watch MMA now. And I love it. No bs,  it changed my life in a few positive ways. So I do credit Conor with being the catalyst of that. 

It's unfortunate that he isn't anywhere near what he was but it's part of this amazing sport and I have realized that. 

One more thing before I end this crazy long boring rambling. Being someone that has, within the last like 6 years started watching MMA, I wanna ask everyone that gets frustrated and goes off on the "casuals" that say and do a ton of embarrassing stuff, it's up to all of us, who do watch and follow this sport religiously, to try to teach and guide and give these people advice and help them understand what is going on. I was completely lost on so many things when I started watching. When I would go to forums or comments intending to ask some questions, I would scrap that fast. The absolute verbal annihilation of anyone that even spoke one word wrong was just crazy to read. So I went to Youtube and devoured everything for like a month straight. I went back and watched almost every PPV start to finish. I threw out everything I thought I knew and I let what I watched teach me from scratch. But we could help these people and at least keep a better attitude towards them instead of treating them like they are second rate humans only because they just don't have the experience of all of us. 

Or f*** them, they can put in the work like we did. LOL

Anyway, I appreciate you answering my question with honesty. Holla at you down the road. Thanks. 

"Fight clock brought to you by Modelooooooooooo! "

Page 54

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings