Tapology Forums

Dustin Poirier Appreciation Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  1,931  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  443
  • Post Score: 466

01.24.2021 | 10:07 AM ET

On the back of his win over Conor McGoober, the Diamond has now FINISHED 5 former or future UFC champions. 

This man beat the #1 contender Josh Grispi in his DEBUT UFC fight.

He left Featherweight the all time wins leader in the division.

His 1st round triangle armbar submission win over Max Holloway is, in my estimation one of the top 100 MMA submissions of all time.

He's been in 4 different legitimate FOTY contenders over a nearly 10 year span (Zombie in 2012, Gaethje in 2018, Holloway in 2019, and Hooker in 2020)

Has had 3 other FOTNs with Corassani, Miller, and Pettis.

5 POTN awards (Holloway, Ferreira, Medeiros, Alvarez, and McGoober).

Ended Max Holloway's 13(!) fight win streak (tied for 2nd longest win streak of all time) 

Tied for 7th all time in UFC wins.

Tied for 6th for all time bonuses.

Tied for #1 all time KOs at Lightweight.

Feel free to add more respek to his name below. 

* Edited at 01.24.2021, 2:01 PM ET *

"Walk like a lady, talk like a lady"

Responses

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  27,319  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,475
  • Post Score: 211

01.24.2021 | 3:31 PM ET

He's a guaranteed future UFC Hall of Famer himself and will most likely become the next UFC Lightweight Champion. The thing I admire most about him is that he is quite possibly the hardest working fighter in the UFC. I've already read a lot of comments from McGregor fans who are trying to downplay Poirier's win by saying things such as "McGregor would've won if he were fighting more often" and "McGregor wasn't focused" but these excuses completely undermine how much Poirier has improved and adapted his game plan since the last fight and that only comes through hard work. That fight reminded me of the old saying "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Hippie
Hippie
  • Predictions:  29,224  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,761
  • Post Score: 338

01.24.2021 | 3:34 PM ET

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  1,729  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,420
  • Post Score: 193

01.25.2021 | 7:47 PM ET

Dusty is the man never shoulda doubted him, hope he can beat iron mike for the title!
Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  1,931  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  443
  • Post Score: 466

01.25.2022 | 6:21 PM ET

Durstin Poirier

"Walk like a lady, talk like a lady"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Matchup Roundup: New UFC and Bellator fights announced in the past week (May 16-22)
  • MMAFighting.com : Robbery Review: Ketlen Vieira vs. Holly Holm at UFC Vegas 55
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Judges keep making mistakes, or 'we just don't know what the hell we're watching'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Glover Teixeira, Valentina Shevchenko, Chase Hooper, and Mariusz Pudzianowski at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Thiago Alves says he's no longer under BKFC contract, interested in MMA return
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Daniel Cormier reveals frustration with judging at UFC Vegas 55: ‘Once again they keep on making these mistakes’
  • MMA Junkie : Junior Dos Santos shares health update following shoulder injury at Eagle FC 47
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Ketlen Vieira after UFC Fight Night 206 win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida rates Michael Chandler’s front-kick knockout of Tony Ferguson a ‘10’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Holly Holm after UFC Fight Night 206 loss?
  • MMA Junkie : Khabib Nurmagomedov puzzled by Cain Velasquez's imprisonment: 'What about other guy?'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC prospect Chase Hooper in no rush to the top: 'The O'Malley approach is always a great one'
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 6 roster quickly filling out, dates officially set
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘I was feeling so happy’: Junior dos Santos releases injury update after Eagle FC 47 loss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Sam Hughes explains putting Daniel Cormier on the spot about after win: 'I'm not no quitter'
  • MMAFighting.com : Joanna Jedrzejczyk admits new UFC contract could be her last, but ‘physically, mentally I’m just happy’ right now
  • MMA Junkie : Chidi Njokuani says he proved his UFC debut was no 'accident' with second-straight first-round finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Matt Brown tells crazy story surrounding the only time he’s ever missed weight in his UFC career
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown tells crazy story about the only time he’s missed weight in UFC career — and how a fake doctor fooled everyone
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira claims Jorge Masvidal slid into his wife’s DMs, wants to make him pay in the octagon