Tapology Forums

Next for Mike Davis?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

01.20.2021 | 2:57 PM ET

Beast Boy is now ranked #66 by Tapology after derailing undefeated Welshman Mason Jones. He has fluid boxing, great size, and sufficient grappling to go far at 155lbs. 28 years old, and 9-2 overall:

WHO'S NEXT FOR MIKE DAVIS??

Some ideas:

1. Alex Hernandez (#16) - A favorable matchup for Beast Boy. These two have similar styles and are both well rounded. Which prospect can move into a ranked fight after this? Do you want this matchup?

2. Rafael Fiziev (#21) - WOW. What a tilt between two dynamic strikers. Two superior athletes and elite martial artists. A super-fight outside the rankings. What do you think?

3. Damir Ismagulov (#34) - Damir is off the radar but still an elite lightweight. 19 - 1 overall, 3 - 0 in the UFC, and 29 years old. A fight between these two would represent the next big thing at 155lbs. A win for either would represent one-step-away from a Top 15 opponent. 

4. Mark Madsen (#44) - After delivering Mason Jones his first loss, can Beast Boy do it again versus the Olympian Mark Madsen? This fight represents a true test for Madsen to test his skills against an accredited striker with enough wrestling to counteract his forte

* Edited at 01.20.2021, 2:58 PM ET *

Responses

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  2,823  |  71.0%
  • Forum Posts:  558
  • Post Score: 478

01.21.2021 | 10:25 AM ET

I like the Hernandez fight a lot since he's been losing more as of late (I even thought he lost the decision to Trinaldo) and he needs to put on one or two more performances to get back to ranked opponents IMO. I don't like the Fiziev fight yet since I like to keep two fighters with lots of future upside away from each other until we have to bring them together (and when it happens then it hopefully means more), and same for the Damir fight just yet. I'd also like to see Davis vs Moggly, or maybe Gamrot. If you want to really test him against someone proven, give him a Vinc Pichel, a Holtzman, or a David Teymur type fight.

"What a Grand and Intoxicating Profile"

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

01.21.2021 | 10:33 AM ET

Maxis you provided a lot of great ideas for Davis' next bout. 

The Hernandez fight could happen, and would be really interesting.

I get not making the Fiziev fight yet...I think Fiziev woud be too much for him. 

Moggly Benitez would finally be an easier fight for Davis, and I would be happy to see Davis build on his 2-fight win streak. 

Gamrot would be an extremely hard fight, similar to fiziev but they won't make this fight because they both represent American Top Team. same team. 

The Vinc Pichel fight would be awesome since Pichel is ranked highly by tapology. 

Holtzman would be perfect for a win in favor of Davis. And Teymur would be another opponent to feed to Davis. 

If he gets one of the easy guys (Teymur, Holtzman, Pichel, Hernandez) it would be perfect.

If he gets a hard fight (Gamrot, Fiziev, Ismagulov) it would be a super-fight right away.

comment on my other "fights to make" posts for continued conversation on these topics

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Dricus Du Plessis on board with Jiri Prochazka moving to middleweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith is Blinded by His Own UFC Title Aspirations: ‘It’s Making Me a Worse Fighter’
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell vs Kalajdzic and Cruz vs Moran set for Aug. 3
  • MMA Junkie : Cedric Doumbe gets new opponent for Bellator Champions Series in Paris
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad ‘was looking for a way out’ in first fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards’ coach: Belal Muhammad was ‘was looking for a way out’ after eye poke in first fight