Tapology Forums

Next for Sean O'Malley?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

01.14.2021 | 1:39 PM ET

Sugar lost to Marlon Vera (#15), 5 months ago, in August. He's recently talked about the desire to get back in soon. His record is 12-1, #15 rated bantamweight by Tapology. 26 years old. 

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS

Will his next opponent be?:

1. Khalid Taha (#49) - What a fight!! 13 - 3, 27 years old, Taha is a beast. He is coming off a war with Raoni Barcelos where he lost a tough decision to an elite fighter. Taha is powerful and would be the perfect stylistic counterpart to a long, sharp O'Malley. I want this fight more than any other matchup. 

2. Nathaniel Wood (#19) - I believe the most likely candidate because both are coming off losses; they are the same age and at the same point in their careers. Two highly regarded prospects looking to break into the Top 15. Wood is exciting and can fight. He may not be elite but he is another real test for O'Malley in an evenly matched bout.

2. Marlon Moraes (#7) - I would love this fight. Moraes is coming off consecutive losses, and is on his way down. The benefit for Moraes would be the opportunity to bounce-back against an opponent one-step down. Plus, Moraes benefits from the clout associated with his opponent. If Sean is serious, he could take on the challenge of a declining yet dangerous Marlon. If Sugar wins, he gains a Top 10 ranking.

3. Chris Gutierrez (#57) - 15-3, 29 years old, Chris Gutierrez is 3-0 in the UFC. His last loss came at the hands of the aforementioned Barcelos. Gutierrez has amazing leg kicks and would pose real problems to match O'Malley in the striking. Evenly matched fighters for an exciting tilt. 

4. Tony Kelley (#95) - A durable journey man, 33 years old, Kelley is 1-1 in the UFC. If the UFC wants to get O'Malley back in the win column they may pit Kelley against him. For promotional reasons, this fight could sell as two fighters with Irish surnames, with Irish-American roots. 

5. Andre Ewell (#32) - Bantamweight journeyman, Ewell holds losses to big names: Nathaniel Wood and Marlon Vera. He has 4 victories in the UFC against good competition: Renan Barao, Anderson Dos Santos, Jonathan Martinez, and Irwin Rivera. All in all, Ewell can fight but will never be more than a B-level contender.  

3. Nate Maness (#47) - Nate is 29 years old, 13 - 1 overall and 2- 0 in the UFC. If the UFC believes in this Appalachian grappler and sees him as a serious prospect they may test him against O'Malley. Or, if the UFC believes Nate is a good fit for a Sugar bounce-back, we could get this match up. 

Responses

Jobber
Jobber
  • Predictions:  417  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

01.14.2021 | 11:27 PM ET

Marlon Vera

I think it would happen because Sean wants it and Vera is coming of a lost and needs to gain speed again and it will be different fight from there first one 

"My balls was hot” - Derrick Lewis 2018"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

01.14.2021 | 11:57 PM ET

@jobber That a no from me dog , Let Salty O 'Malleg be salty for lossing to a "Journeyman" Like Vera. But to be real Vera kick his ass the first time so they're no point in the rematch.

P.s I like the Moreas fight to give Moreas an easy win

* Edited at 01.14.2021, 11:58 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings