Topic: UFC 260

UFC 260: Miocic vs. N'Gannou 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,926
  • Post Score: 47

01.02.2021 | 3:30 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 260
  • Saturday 03.27.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Francis NGannou   defeats   Stipe Miocic   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   0:52 Round 2 of 5, 5:52 Total Bout Page
Vicente Luque   defeats   Tyron Woodley   via Submission, D'arce Choke   3:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Sean O'Malley   defeats   Thomas Almeida   via KO/TKO, Counter Left   3:52 Round 3 of 3, 13:52 Total Bout Page
Miranda Maverick   defeats   Gillian Robertson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamie Mullarkey   defeats   Khama Worthy   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground and Pound   0:46 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Fabio Cherant   via Submission, Von Flue Choke   1:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Abubakar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Jared Gooden   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Omar Morales   defeats   Shane Young   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marc-André Barriault   defeats   Abu Azaitar   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:56 Round 3 of 3, 14:56 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 4

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

03.20.2021 | 8:32 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 3553rd

Volk-Ortega is postponed ;(

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

2021.03.20 8:52 PM ET

bout status update

Volkanovski vs. Ortega Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
MrXRay
MrXRay
  • Predictions:  525  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 243

03.21.2021 | 2:37 AM ET

P I C K S

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 3353rd

Miocic vs Ngannou
Ngannou will throw a lot, hit some but mostly swing at dead air and get grappled to death like before. Maybe attempt a Bolo punch during a takedown because the idea of him throwing a flying knee is hilarious. He’s about as athletic as a tree stump with legs. He hasn’t learned anything from his previous loss and according to his first coach he has become an egotistical ******* (again). Stipe’s perfectionist mentality will see him through.

Woodley vs Luque
Woodley is a shell of himself. I honest cared little for him before but after learning of his financial troubles, I kinda pity him. Luque is gonna pick him apart though, he’s powerful but patient. He’ll take his time. The best Tyron could hope for is a lucky overhand but trying to knockout Luque is like trying to smash a car window with your flaccid c***, it just ain’t gonna happen. 

Almeida vs O’Malley
I don’t wanna count Almeida out just due to stubbornness, but I just can’t picture him winning this. Cody took his soul and now he’s a shell of his former ranked self. I don’t like Sean, but I see a knockout in his future.

Mullarkey vs Worthy
Surprisingly, I think Mullarkey will win this. Khama has shown grave weakness on the ground as seen in the Luis Pena fight, where he would have lost by decision if Luis didn’t majorly screw himself over. Khama has hands, but Mullarkey has been hit harder and he never stops moving forward. I think Jamie will surprise us.

Menifield vs Knight
Tough one, but I wanna go with Menifield. There’s an interview on YouTube where he mentions the Ovince loss put him in a different perspective and he wants to be a more complete fighter. Whether or not he will be that different in the real bout is completely up in the air, but either way, this fight will come down to who KOs who first. This bet is subject to change. 

Gooden vs Nurmagomedov
Abubakar. That last loss will have put a fire under him, and his brothers will not hesitate to remind him. Honestly, he’s a bit of a mixed bag compared to his brothers, but I can’t really see him losing this one. 

Bukauskas vs Ojehcjencurneixbzorwhatever
This one is subject to change as well, but I’m going with Bukauskas for now.

Young vs Morales
This was the hardest one to predict. I see it being a very technical bout with a lot of footwork and boxing. Omar is a bit stiff and his featherweight debut was a horrible mismatch, but he has shown promise against legit competition (Gabriel). Young is a very mixed bag but he has a solid camp behind him and generally good technical ability. This is a coin flip for me, and I’ve landed heads for Shane via Split Decision.

Azaitar vs Barriault
Abu. Putting a guy on a three fight losing streak in front of this greasy juice monkey is destined for disaster.  

"This is my crown: (L)"

Aric123
Aric123
  • Predictions:  1,414  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  322
  • Post Score: 251

03.21.2021 | 9:13 AM ET

Mrxray

Predictions: 7 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 943rd

Very well said and thought out analysis 

"“Who ain’t got Jiu Jitsuuu” "

Aric123
Aric123
  • Predictions:  1,414  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  322
  • Post Score: 251

03.21.2021 | 9:18 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 943rd

Almeida vs. O'Malley
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R1
Let’s start with a fight that is more clear in my minds eye. So I used to root for Almeida cus he was that hot prospect right when I started training but that time has passed and he’s just not durable enough these days. This should be right up Sean’s alley but he also suffers from the same problem. Someone’s getting knocked out is what I’m trying to say, most likely the Brazilian.

* Edited at 03.21.2021, 9:19 AM ET *

"“Who ain’t got Jiu Jitsuuu” "

NA850
NA850
  • Predictions:  1,702  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  226
  • Post Score: 270

03.21.2021 | 10:31 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3308th

Miocic vs. N'Gannou
Miocic, Decision
I want to live in a timeline where Stipe beats N'Gannou again, goes on to beat JBJ and then sails off into the sunset 

"Life is short, but also like terribly and insufferably long at the same time. "

2021.03.21 12:30 PM ET

bout status update

Young vs. Morales Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
Jspecdriver
Jspecdriver
  • Predictions:  1,911  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 143

03.21.2021 | 12:44 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2994th

Vicente Luque with the help of father time defeat Tyron Woodley. 

Not against Woodley or for Luque. I just believe Woodley is suffering from RPD where there is no treatment and recovery is extremely rare.

RPD affects many athletes in all categories of sport. Average people experience it too....missed the big and small trash can when you normally drain it???

Rapid Performance Decline.....you've been warned 🥋

"The absolute best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the 2nd best time is right NOW."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.21.2021 | 1:01 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1691st

Miocic vs. N'Gannou II
Francis N'Gannou, TKO, R2
Stipe Miocic won the first fight comfortably but Francis N'Gannou put up a great fight in that fight. He lost a decision against Derrick Lewis but I don't think he was ready for the very top of the division a couple of years ago but after 4 straight 1st round KO's, I think he's got enough explosive power to take on Miocic and finish him early. I think Miocic will be prepared for this and will probably use his wrestling to try and stop the fight from being a straight boxing match but I think this tactic will only work for the 1st round and N'Gannou will knock him out in the 2nd.

Woodley vs. Luque
Tyron Woodley, DEC
Contrary to what some users may have you believe, Tyrone Woodley's best asset is not his ass but rather his ability to endure a lot of punishment. Despite looking poor recently, he rarely gets finished and even in his last fight against Colby Covington he only got finished in the final round after getting badly beaten throughout the fight and I'm surprised that he was able to put up with that for as long as he did. When you also factor in that he was fighting against the very best in the division in his last few fights, it makes me wonder if he really deserves all the **** he's been getting recently. I personally still consider him to be a top 10 Welterweight and I feel that this fight might be a bit too much of a step up for Vicente Luque. I think Woodley's bad streak ends in this fight but if he loses this then it really does raise the question of whether he should be in the UFC or not.

Mullarkey vs. Worthy
Khama Worthy, TKO, R1
This is the perfect match-up for Khama Worthy to showcase just how destructive he can be. It's a complete mismatch but it will great fun to watch unless you're a Jamie Mullarkey fan.

Bukauskas vs. Oleksiejczuk
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R3
This fight should be a couple of places higher up on the card just because of how competitive and unpredictable it's gonna be!

Robertson vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, DEC
Miranda Maverick is simply the more well rounded fighter in my opinion. She can submit people or knock them out and she's got great stamina and can easily last for the full 3 rounds. This will be important because while there is a chance of Gillian Robertson getting finished, I think that Maverick's safest path to victory is to out grapple Robertson for most of the fight and secure an easy points win.

* Edited at 03.21.2021, 1:04 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Iceman Jan
Iceman Jan
  • Predictions:  1,463  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 164

03.21.2021 | 3:04 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4379th

Gooden vs. Nurmagomedov
Jared Gooden, TKO, R1
Only the name makes him a fav

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

03.21.2021 | 3:26 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 4092nd

lol already down to 10 fights....the main event HAS to deliver or this card is a bust

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

03.21.2021 | 3:41 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2584th

Khama worthy is so much better than his 16-7 record suggests 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,540
  • Post Score: 262

03.21.2021 | 4:25 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1539th

I think I might be on another of Fishrat 'shortbus' but Woodly at +214 is a little steep IMO. It should be close to even. Usman and Colby does that to pretty much everyone else in the division and Vicente ain't gonna fight like that. People talk about how Woodly is a knockout or loss a decsion guy, But Vicente is cut from the same cloth If the Barbarina fight lasted 10 more seconds he would of lost the decsion, And went to a split with Mike Perry. Only thing that back me off from betting Woodly was that he got 'tko by Colby. And Vicente hit way harder then pillow fist Colby

Edit: Member Woodly was former champ, And he probley motivated as crazy to not loss 18 round  and 4 fight straight

* Edited at 03.21.2021, 4:33 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hippie
Hippie

03.21.2021 | 6:56 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 210th

I personally don’t think Stipe will last past 2 rounds but who knows what will happen!
We shall see..

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

03.21.2021 | 7:11 PM ET

I do hope stipe wins but... it's impossible to deny how dangerous ngannou is but would love to see stipe keep hold of the belt👌🏻
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

03.21.2021 | 7:29 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1742nd

Woodley's problem is the fact that he won't step forward. All he does is back up against the fence and wait to throw 1-2 bombs every round. Luque's chin is insane, and Woodley only shoots when he's badly hurt, I really don't see Woodley winning this one.

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

03.21.2021 | 7:40 PM ET

Yeah luque is made of steel so hard to get out of there, and really can't see Woodley winning by decision at all 
Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998

03.21.2021 | 7:41 PM ET

Unless he tries to bring back his wrestling instead of just standing against the cage like he's done for the past 2 fights
Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,627  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

03.21.2021 | 7:53 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2181st

Almeida vs. O'Malley
Sean O'Malley, TKO, R2
O’Malley and Almeida. Solid fight. I think O’Malley should be able to get it done in the 2nd. Almeida has a decent chin and will have to rely on a sneaky counter if he wants to win this one. Should be a scrap.

Mullarkey vs. Worthy
Khama Worthy, TKO, R3
I LOVE KHAMA WORTHY. He can get it done anywhere it takes. He should finish it later in the fight, 2nd or 3rd round. Khama Worthy inside the distance.

Menifield vs. Knight
William Knight, TKO, R1
Great prospect matchup, but Knight should be able to pull it off. Solid boxer.

Penne vs. Goldy
Hannah Goldy, TKO, R2
A lot of people are saying that Hannah Goldy wins by decision but Penne is way too bad to last to a decision.

Gooden vs. Nurmagomedov
Abubakar Nurmagomedov, DEC
Squash match. Gooden probably won’t have much against a Nurmagomedov.

Robertson vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, DEC
Gillian Robertson is super overrated. She has great ground game but has no striking ability. Robertson’s only TKO win even came by GNP on the ground. She could be a decent fighter if she worked more in her striking. Maverick is a lot more well rounded and will take it to a comfortable decision.

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Abu Azaitar, DEC
Azaitar bro win lol

* Edited at 03.21.2021, 7:56 PM ET *

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Stek
Stek
  • Predictions:  1,367  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 276

03.21.2021 | 9:39 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 4203rd

Almeida will give another reality shock to O'malley
ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

03.22.2021 | 1:13 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1742nd

Miocic vs. N'Gannou II
Stipe Miocic, DEC
And STILL!!

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Marc-André Barriault, TKO, R3
Don't let these records fool you

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,798  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,186
  • Post Score: 192

03.22.2021 | 2:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2056th

Bukauskas vs. Oleksiejczuk
Michał Oleksiejczuk, TKO, R1
Bukauskas has a serious problem with his confidence: in his first fight against Michailidis he fell apart in the second half of the first round if it had not been for the elbows at the end of the round and the fact that the door of the octagon (perhaps the fall of Michailidis outside the Octagono has been the most bizarre ending in a UFC fight) the fight would have continued and against Crute at the moment Bukauskas did not know what to do against the Australian pressure. Oleksiejczuk started on his side with a strong hype after 2 incredible KOs in the first round, but his not-so-polished takedown defense and cardio issues led to a 2-loss streak. I think the issue of Bukauskas' confidence and Oleksiejczuk's strength will be determining factors: Oleksiejczuk is much more dangerous at the beginning of fights and probably if he connects well and closes the spaces for Bukauskas he will get a quick finish. However, the fight gets older as the minutes go by. Bukaskaus has a better chance of taking the decision or even a TKO in the third round.

Azaitar vs. Barriault
Abu Azaitar, DEC
Azaitar has not fought for more than 2 years, but I think it is clear that there is a blueprint to beat Barriault (especially after watching his fight vs. Jun Yong Park). Abu Azaitar beat Vitor Miranda, a fighter who won all 3 of his UFC fights by TKO and who was multiple times champion of minor K-1 tournaments and champion of Muay Thai tournaments in Brazil, so I do not think that the Barriault punches will be a problem for Azaitar. The key to the fight is who decides to look for takedowns and by comparison Barriault has been more dominated on the ground.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger