Tapology Forums

Setting up the Holloway v Kattar Fight Card, Jan 16...How it SHOULD be structured. Best to worst fights...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

12.29.2020 | 1:46 PM ET

Thoughts?

Main Card:

1. Holloway #1 v Kattar #6
2. Ponzinibbio v Li
3. Soriano v Todorovic
4. Akhmedov #13 v Breese
5. Vieira v Hernandez
6. Hawes v Imavov

Prelims:

7. Simon v Kelleher 
8. Zawada v Emeev 
9. Tafa v Felipe
10. Alves v Aguilera
11. Lentz v Grundy
12. Kilburn v Lingo

Early Prelims:

13. Pena v McMann
14. Correia v Wu
15. Moras v Melo

* Edited at 12.29.2020, 2:56 PM ET *

Responses Page 5

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,486  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,546
  • Post Score: 237

01.04.2021 | 7:01 PM ET

I was trying to help you but sure I won’t get in the way, big man. There’s a 0% chance you ever show up and fight for real, so it doesn’t really matter. Also I’m assuming from your initials that your full name is Robert Kindly Nibbles***** 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

01.04.2021 | 7:09 PM ET

Holy. ****.

I feel like I just took a kid from the short bus, stole his seizure helmet, and then sat him down in the drivers seat of a pinto on the side of the NJ turnpike. Am I responsible for what could happen if he follows through with this? 

Seriously mate, don’t do this unless you’ve been training at a gym with actual fighters. You could really get hurt if they put you in there with the wrong people. And the refs at the regional level are 70% dog ****. Like I can do some research and find you a good gym in Brooklyn if you’re interested. But like I’m not gonna be complicit in a suicide mission. 

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

HiDefff
HiDefff

01.04.2021 | 7:43 PM ET

Depending on where he's at in his MMA training we'll see where we start. Come on Tieoken don't take your endorsement back from me so soon. As his new manager I won't let him get thrown to the wolves out of the gate. But anyone with enough initiative to actually go train and put the time in I'm down to help. Judging from the brief correspondence with my client I think he's smart enough to know not to get in over his head, but also driven enough to prove some people wrong. 
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

01.04.2021 | 8:04 PM ET

I'll fight anybody
I'll fight Gregory, I'll fight his family, and I'll fight for the rights of man. 

* Edited at 01.04.2021, 8:06 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

rkn5
rkn5

01.04.2021 | 8:12 PM ET

HiDeff, something good came from this thread... I blocked the Beavis-butthead and Fisty trolls and now we can use this thread to build something real.

HiDeff, definitely hit my email and phone and we’ll get **** rolling.

Tieoken, I have some Jiu Jitsu and striking under my belt and competed no gi at grappling industries where I won a bout by submission but did not medal in my category.

You started off wrong popping ****, you could have made a respectful point about women’s mma. And on that point , I’ll say that there’s a difference between misogyny and chauvinism... I love the idea of a mans world but if it edifies or fulfills a particular woman to do mma I wouldn’t criticize her. The culture of women’s mma as a social movement at large I would criticize because why encourage women to fight? Let the men protect the women as tradition dictates. 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

01.04.2021 | 8:16 PM ET

I shot JFK 

Tieoken
Tieoken

01.04.2021 | 9:32 PM ET

I have no respectful comments for someone who doesn’t respect female fighters. Everybody I trained with has sacrificed and bled for pennies or for free just because they love the sport or they believe in themselves. There are women out there who sacrifice just as much as men to compete and have to deal with sexists like you on top of everything else.

There’s a huge talent wall between men and women in MMA and it’s largely because of subconscious and conscious sexism. I love combat sports because it was the one sport where your restrictions aren’t situated around being 6’ plus or being big enough to make the defensive line. You fight people your own size and the only limitation is your skill and effort. Unlike basketball or American football, or most major sports, MMA is the breeding ground for equality. But sexist dumbasses like you can’t comprehend a female athlete so you’re incapable of supporting it and you beat it down out of fear. Because lord forbid a woman be as powerful as a man. **** outta here, you probably think slavery and ****ting in the street is as “tradition dictates” too.

rkn5
rkn5

01.04.2021 | 11:15 PM ET

A woman can do gymnastics, dance, something more traditionally feminine. The female MMA in the UFC is trash as a spectator sport. It brings down the quality of the cards as a spectator and I’m disappointed every time I see a Katyln Chookagian fight, insert name of fighter. 

Of course women are independent actors And if they want self defense or just find some light in competition and training, more power to them I’m glad they found something.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,540
  • Post Score: 262

01.04.2021 | 11:57 PM ET

@tieoken More and more I read this guy oppion, More I dislike him.  I was not against put Yanan Wu vs Betch Corria and Moras vs Melo are about the lowest WMMA  they're is.  It kinda disreckful putting Sarah Mcmann vs Julliana Pena that low because they ain't that bad. This women anyway if they wasn't doing fighting they do something else violent because women aren't sterotypical 1940s housewife who cooks and clean for you. WMMA is 100% watchable most of the time, Being any kind of xenophobe is horible, Usualy I don't care because i think they joking, But when you can tell they not its super uncomfable. 

P.s Don't trash talk Chookgaion because she is a money maker for me. I put money on her vs Antinina and Calvilo becuase she was underated after a bad asskicking by the best WMMA fighter, And overated when she fight Andrade because she beat Valintna fighter who not the best fight, MMA fan have short memory

* Edited at 01.04.2021, 11:57 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Tieoken
Tieoken

01.05.2021 | 12:42 AM ET

You can hate fighters that are female because they are boring. I’m not the feelings police. But when the fight of the year is arguably going to two women, to say you find fights boring/bad BECAUSE they are females? That’s either 1.) being afraid of women or 2.) considering women sub-human.

I agree with most of your shenanigans @Duck. A lot of WMMA fights are bad, the talent pool is really small in the UFC, but it’s rapidly growing in all the divisions below 145. It’s kind of laughable watching the skill level of fighters 10 years ago to now also. The chicks will catch up.

If anyone wants to see a perfect example of the grit up and coming WMMA prospects can have go watch Demopolous vs Godinez at LFA on fight pass. Both of these women are super green but you see more spirit in them than many guys in the UFC who crumble under adversity.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

01.05.2021 | 2:52 PM ET

Women are incredible, what they have to go through on a daily basis and honestly I will admit I talk a lot of **** about women's MMA, but I'm not in there fighting. I also talk a lot of **** about men's MMA but I'm no fighter. No they don't have the same explosiveness, but your views are from the 1950s, rkn. 

There are many good women's fighters, and Amanda Nunes is one of the best fighters ever. There are just as many male fighters or put on boring, hug fest fights. It's kind of silly because before women were in the UFC they had some HORRIBLE fights, ya know? I mean, some of these guys we use to rip on like John Fitch and GSP for their incredibly boring styles. 

* Edited at 01.05.2021, 3:01 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

01.05.2021 | 3:05 PM ET

I wonder if WMMA would be 10 years behind mens' if it weren't for people with ******, backwards attitudes keeping women from training and competing for so many years. I'd be willing to bet these things are directly related, so idiots like rkn are complaining about a problem that they caused to begin with. 

Good job dip****, you are an Ouroboros of suck.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

01.05.2021 | 4:49 PM ET

to me Pena Mcmann is a main card fight. 
Correia-Wu is early prelim quality
Moras-Melo should be in bellator card

"Never go down without a fight"

rkn5
rkn5

01.05.2021 | 6:26 PM ET

I'm over it. 
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

01.05.2021 | 8:07 PM ET

hmmmm

fight of the year

Zhang vs JJ

/post
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

01.06.2021 | 4:13 PM ET

@tieoken

I found your walkout music:

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

02.08.2021 | 3:56 PM ET

lol i just found this thread this is gold

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

02.08.2021 | 5:35 PM ET

@TWJake

Yep, this thread is classic! Right up there with "Penny For a Pint" and "The Postmodern Carnival of Insanity Thread" lol

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

10.22.2021 | 4:08 PM ET

"I'll threaten you because I'm violent, and its too easy to talk **** on a computer. And my **** is not dry, I get ***** every week - facts."
to this day the funniest thing ever written

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.22.2021 | 4:38 PM ET

This thread is a pageantry of Simpery and white-knighting. I always find it curious that the more inclined a man is to be a hopeless virgin, to be unwanted by women, and have little to no experience with women, the more likely they are to be prone to such things or to beat a drum for women's rights.

The reason WMMA is mostly terrible is owing to the same reason that the majority of women's sports are terrible; they're not designed in evolutionary terms to do it the way men are. Which isn't to say they can't do it, or that they can't put on extremely entertaining fights. They just can't do it with the same proficiency as men and the extremely exciting fights occur at a much lower rate.

The skill gap is real, and so is the pay gap--mostly. It has nothing to do with societal oppression. It's just biology and economics.

And the market knows it, and does what it does. This is why female athletes don't draw the same level of interest as their male counterparts. The reason INVICTA barelly turns a profit or otherwise runs at a slight loss has nothing to do with patriarchy. The overall product simply isn't as good.  And if WMMA fighters are not creating the same money, they shouldn't get the same pay. That is the system we live in, that is the way it works.

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff
  • MMA Mania : Ankalaev In October? ‘I Want To Fight Sooner’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira's 'deficiency' in particular skill set to Ben Askren's
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard