Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses Page 69

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

07.07.2021 | 9:12 PM ET

@Stephen Terry

My Tapology birthday is coming around so I figured I would share this here.

"🌽⚽️"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

07.08.2021 | 11:30 AM ET

My Twitter account is now permanently suspended because I called Conor a ******. Apparently I'm spreading hate. If I hated gay people I would literally go outside and beat the **** out of them, I wouldn't be posting a mean word on the internet directed at someone who isn't part of the LGBTQ community. I would really like to see the post history of all these internet moderators because I'd bet my life they don't have a clean account either, they just go through extra steps to hide it all now. 

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.08.2021 | 11:43 AM ET

The fact that people are offended or let words on the internet halfway across the world impact their lives literally blows my mind. I'll never understand how their brains work. 

Just be thankful you didn't get the old SJW reverse psychology haha 

“******” isn’t an insult to a normal person and only closet cases use it  

LMAO you cant argue with reverse psychology.  Morons 
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,457  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

07.08.2021 | 12:13 PM ET

or you could just not use slurs?

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

07.08.2021 | 12:20 PM ET

At work I always call something I am angry with "a bundle of sticks" only a few people catch my joke 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.08.2021 | 12:58 PM ET

Sorry Fisty but i was raised in the 90's when ****** wasn't used as a gay slur, but a way to identify people acting like little *******. I will forever use it that way. 

I understand your "you could just not use slurs" but in that same aspect i could just say " You could not be offended by letters put together in a certain combination to form a word"  

If its in person and it offends someone that much than they should do something about it. If not i don't see the point in being upset over words on the internet. You will never see that person and it should have no bearing on your life...... If you cant get your hands on them then why let it bother you i guess. 

this world is so easily triggered by the stupidest ****. America especially. 

* Edited at 07.08.2021, 1:03 PM ET *

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

07.08.2021 | 1:58 PM ET

Why not just use a different insult instead. Times change, it's a word that a lot of people get offended by. Without having to concede anything in your argument, you could just say **** it and choose a different word next time.

"I live, I die, I live again."

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

07.08.2021 | 2:07 PM ET

I was raised in the 90s too, and used to use that word all the time. I am no longer a child, so I have real insults now. Keep using your playground insults and getting banned for it I guess, I'll call people piss chuggers and dog ******s instead.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.08.2021 | 2:31 PM ET

But then you'll hurt the feelings of people who **** dogs? is that not the same thing? According to the rules in 2021 no ones feelings are allowed to be hurt. you cant call anyone anything these days, someone will have a problem with it right? I guess the group of people offended just have to be big enough and loud enough to make a difference or it doesn't matter. 

Every insult offends someone. we just pick and choose which ones are ok? 
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

07.08.2021 | 2:35 PM ET

I've always found it less offensive and more disconcerting. Like anyone who is using a word, for example gay/******, as a derogatory insult for behavior that has nothing to do with being gay/****** is just someone who falls into one of two categories. Either the person is a prejudiced moron, or they are an incoherent moron.

Because if you mean to call someone, for example, a ******* spineless coward, but you say "******." You're really just not speaking right.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

07.08.2021 | 2:47 PM ET

@Hideff yes, you pick and choose which insults to use based on who they offend and why.I don't think that's actually hard to understand and you're just being obtuse. I don't care if I offend dog ******s because I have no respect for them and what they're doing is wrong. I do care if I offend gay people because I do have respect for them and what they're doing isn't wrong. See how simple that is?

It's called having nuance and critical thinking, being an actual adult and not a piss-pants little baby.

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.08.2021 | 3:06 PM ET

Sure but what makes it wrong or right? the local laws where you are? Your individual belief's? Who makes this wrong or right rule?

There are plenty of places being gay is Illegal still in this world as well as some religions its frowned upon or not recognized as real. 

and I haven't done the research but I'm sure somewhere on this wild planet someone is married to a damn dog.

So is it the times that make it wrong? laws? beliefs? what is it. If it's beliefs what makes yours any better than the next persons? 

I get what you're saying but for example its not Ok to call someone a ****** but its ok to call that same guy a *********** or **** smoker? If so for how much longer? 

I've called someone a ****** maybe three times in the last 10 years and one of them was on here. I know its a pointless word and offends the social media world. I have a gay uncle. We call them Uncle Sam and Aunt Tim and neither one of them are bothered by words. 

Maybe its just my autism that causes my lack of empathy and inability to understand how people's lives or moods are affected by words. 
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

07.08.2021 | 3:48 PM ET

Well if you want to be specific to this word, it’s always been a slur for gay men. It was used as a slur in its first written usage according to the Oxford English Dictionary.

* Edited at 07.08.2021, 3:49 PM ET *

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.08.2021 | 4:11 PM ET

Dictionary.com Literally has a usage alert saying that is is sometimes used in the gay community as a positive self reference. Positive

Also second definition literally says: a contemptible or dislikable person

Doesn't say anything about their sexual orientation? 

Scroll down to the meanings in other countries and it gets even more blurred. 
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/******

And then the word *** is even more broad and when it started back in 14** whenever, it had nothing to do with even a person.
FeedingABusCarrots
FeedingABusCarrots
  • Predictions:  2,872  |  77.9%
  • Forum Posts:  834
  • Post Score: 235

07.08.2021 | 5:12 PM ET

Who gives a **** about who says what, if someone intends to offend someone or get attention then a word like "******" is probably effective as you can see people are like "oh no you can't say that". If someone wants to have a civil argument then you probably should use different language, but what do you expect from something as polarising as the internet? Not that I am saying that using such words as "******" and other slurs are justified but acting like its all that offensive and damaging just gives those words more power and will probably increase the likelihood of edgy teenagers using that exact language. I don't know if I make sense here and don't feel like this is necessarily the place to discuss such semi-political subjects but I felt like just sharing my opinion about it as it looks kind of dumb to me now.

"Undefeated and undisputed in the pick game"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

07.08.2021 | 5:42 PM ET

"🌽⚽️"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

07.08.2021 | 5:45 PM ET

In all seriousness @CheckLeftHook's logic is off. You don't just get to say the n word because you don't go outside and beat up black people so why would it be different with the f word. 

"🌽⚽️"

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.08.2021 | 5:55 PM ET

Perfect Gif 
Cheeseball
Cheeseball

07.08.2021 | 6:12 PM ET

Obviously its your choice to say it or not but actions have consequences.

* Edited at 07.08.2021, 6:12 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

07.08.2021 | 6:32 PM ET

Yes, when we were kids we called each other ******s and we didn't know what gay was, the term ****** was to describe a lame person. Now we're in our 20s and early 30s, that word should honestly not be in our vocabulary.

Not that I don't use terrible words, I am no saint. -edit- thanks for the record timing down thumb guy

* Edited at 07.08.2021, 6:37 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Page 69

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Ádám Borics vs. Enrique Barzola - Round 3 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Enrique Barzola 13% Ádám Borics 87%
  • Enrique "El Fuerte" Barzola (20-7-2) Lima Region, PE is the #58th Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • Ádám "The Kid" Borics (18-2-0) FL, US is the #49th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois