Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 641

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,870  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

11.19.2022 | 12:20 PM ET

@Hippie

You can use some other browser and you can use the dark mod, but you can't see some things very well...  for example  : your picks in the picking page... ! I have already asked to change the colors, but probably isn't possible... !?

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

11.19.2022 | 1:22 PM ET

@hippie have we thought about it - yes. is it something that is likely to happen in the near or even medium term? unfortunately probably not. there are too many other projects/features that are higher priority.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Hippie
Hippie

11.19.2022 | 6:46 PM ET

@Gregory & TarTara

But look at all the platforms, they are producing this ‘dark’ mode. It cannot be that complicated.
What other projects/features ?

Thanks for your reply !!
Gregory
Gregory

11.19.2022 | 9:18 PM ET

Hippie we're a small company, not a big tech company. It's all more complex than you might think. As for other features/priorities, you'll just have to wait until we release things. Sorry my dude.

Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam
  • Predictions:  9,894  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  522
  • Post Score: 314

11.19.2022 | 9:34 PM ET

@Hippie go to Chrome web store, type in dark reader and install it. haven't seen bright white on this site in many, many months
stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

11.19.2022 | 9:58 PM ET

Look at you being all helpful ;)

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

11.19.2022 | 11:22 PM ET

@Greg, I demand full 24/7 customer service, also a hologram app of Megan Olivia that reminds me to make picks each weekend.

Seems like a simple task

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Jessup
Jessup
  • Predictions:  65  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 309

11.20.2022 | 12:24 AM ET

I’m thinking about making my own MMA promotion

Now this is all just concepts and blueprint horseswoggle at the moment, but I’m currently in a weird place in my life where I have a lot of money saved up and nothing to really do with the majority of it. One of my friends suggested since I’m a huge statistics nerd, have experience in management and am the biggest MMA fan he knows, he thinks I should run a business. An MMA organization, specifically. 

Now while I do have plenty of knowledge in running a business, my understanding of running an MMA promotion is solely through word of mouth with fellas at the gym I go to and various articles I’ve researched. From what I’ve gathered, it’s cutthroat as **** and my organization will likely shut down in a few years hosting mostly mediocre regional talent until it inevitably goes belly up. No, I don’t want that, but I’m still interested in the idea. I think this sport needs more competition and variety in terms of what to watch. 

Sure, Bellator exists, but ‘existing’ is kind of where my compliments end. They have some great fighters, but subpar at best cards. I like PFL, but it’s got a confusing scoring system and poor commentators. Neither of them hold a candle to UFC’s influence. If I wanna make a promotion, I wanna make something different, something that stands out and people wanna see.  

I thought I’d ask the fellow fight nerds on Tapology their opinions on the matter. I already got some ‘ambitious’ ideas, but I would like to hear the fans opinions first. What would you want to see (aside from the roster, obviously) out of a big budget, standout promotion?

* Edited at 11.20.2022, 12:24 AM ET *

Gregory
Gregory

11.20.2022 | 7:09 AM ET

jessup it's fun to imagine how we all might set up a fight promotion the way we want it. but this is an industry littered with bankrupt promotions.

if anything, start by going to local shows, getting to know local promoters, maybe even take a small role helping a local promoter with marketing or operations or something. get some firsthand knowledge about how the business works for a couple years before risking your own money.

AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,499  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,798
  • Post Score: 144

11.20.2022 | 7:27 AM ET

I would hate to do everything in promoting expect for picking the matchups xd

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.20.2022 | 9:55 AM ET

Damn, the Green Ranger and mma fighter Jason David Frank died yesterday. Almost no news about his death. i would have thought it would be bigger news considering his iconic role on the Power Rangers in the 90s

https://lakecountyfloridanews.com/jason-david-frank-death/

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.20.2022 | 9:57 AM ET

****, think it was a hoax.

I will own it

gwinCLARKE2019
gwinCLARKE2019
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,038
  • Post Score: 215

11.20.2022 | 10:15 AM ET

@Xconchris

Appears to not be a hoax. Confirmed by Mr. Frank's representative.

https://geekireland.com/has-power-ranger-jason-david-frank-died/

"This guy is too old to say this kind of ********."

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

11.20.2022 | 1:22 PM ET

man I hate how pretty much every channel is clickbaiting now, even with the thumbnails. i understand this has been a problem since the inception of YouTube monetization, but I feel like it's impossible to find a channel that isn't doing it now. or idk maybe i just hate myself for continuously falling for it...

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.20.2022 | 2:50 PM ET

@Jessup 

If you do make it an amateur fight night with maybe 1 pro main event to start or even all amateur, if you can pass regulations and get license try to make it in a good location and where there are local fighters so their fans/supporters can go and maybe other people, also make a few shirts to sell, try to come up with a sick design or logo and try to get a stream or youtube channel/PPV/other media of the event, think a of fair ticket price but hopefully enough to make a modest return you can reinvest into future events

You could also add in some grappling superfights or kickboxing, dunno about other stuff

* Edited at 11.20.2022, 2:55 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Xconchris
Xconchris

11.20.2022 | 4:14 PM ET

Seems his 2nd wife broke up with him and he committed suicide. So sad

Hippie
Hippie

11.20.2022 | 8:41 PM ET

All is FAKE, nothing is REAL boys..
Try to enjoy life, period.!

I appreciate all the comments..
Jessup
Jessup

11.20.2022 | 9:15 PM ET

CheckLeftHook

I swear to god if I see one more thumbnail with fake af giant ass tears dripping down a picture of Anthony on Instagram with the title “ANTHONY’S LAST MOMENTS BEFORE HIS DEATH 💀💀💀” I’m going to throw up. These people are vultures. 
Jessup
Jessup

11.20.2022 | 9:17 PM ET

Gregory

Yeah connections is a must. Just cause I’m a fan doesn’t mean I can manage fighter pay or promote well. If I commit to this down the road, I’m doing with my head away from the clouds and out of my ass.
Jessup
Jessup

11.21.2022 | 3:34 PM ET

Jiujitsu is Gay

I’ve been going on a binge watching ‘BJJ Fouls’ on YouTube and I’ve been noticing a pattern with them. It’s always one of the guys being caught in a disadvantageous position (triangle chokes, single leg attempt, dogfighting for underhooks/overhooks, ect.) then they just say “**** it” and do a big illegal slam that they 110% know is illegal af. I started wondering, is this just a way for them to protect their egos? Like they do a Suplex on a guy cause they were getting choked out, and in their heads they’re like “Well he’s lucky the rules were there to protect him cause I would have killed him in the streets”? 

I’m a Jiujitsu blue belt and it took me forever to get the belt cause, frankly, I kinda hate Jiujitsu, at least in comparison to the other essential MMA styles to take (Muay Thai, Wrestling, Boxing). It’s slow, monotonous, the belt system is a load of crap, I’m frankly uninterested in using a Gi, and most of all I’ve had way more ego issues in Jiujitsu classes than I’ve ever had anywhere else. I don’t know if anybody has had similar issues which is why I wanted to discuss it, cause the Jiujitsu community down here is straight up cancer at times. 

Page 641

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case