Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses Page 64

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.25.2021 | 8:40 PM ET

If anything this was a success. I got a fight result changed from 3 seconds to 5 seconds from America for a fight that happened in Ukraine. I count that as a win 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

06.25.2021 | 8:52 PM ET

I wasn't timing it officially but it was definitely longer than 3 seconds and dare I say a fraction longer than the Masvidal VS Askren fight. As for the legitimacy of it, I'd say it was fixed as I'm pretty sure the other guy was moving his arm for the tap before his heel was touched and the point of contact with the heel was about the same time as the tap. I'm no judge though. My best guess is that they may have been wanting to drum up some attention for their events by having a lot of spectacular finishes. 

And another thing about that card. It says that I (and everyone else) did 3 predictions for the card but I definitely remember making more picks for it. I even remember joking about this promotion becoming as big as the UFC in 25 years time in the thread for the event. It's got the results for the other fights so I was just wondering why everyone only has 3 picks for it?

* Edited at 06.25.2021, 8:53 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

06.26.2021 | 4:36 AM ET

Montana De La Rosa reminds me of Blake Lively 

* Edited at 06.26.2021, 4:36 AM ET *

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

PinkPickPadder
PinkPickPadder
  • Predictions:  228  |  96.5%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 392

06.26.2021 | 7:47 AM ET

62 more picks pending so after they all come in, we should have an idea of what doing this looks like after 100 fights.

"Pink shouldn't be seen as a feminine colour!"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,447  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

06.26.2021 | 10:55 AM ET

97% is pretty damn good so far

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

06.26.2021 | 11:23 AM ET

I HAVE DONE IT! OH GOD!? YES!

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

06.26.2021 | 12:19 PM ET

@xconchris About your question on when do we list something different than what the commission or the promotion says, and when might we have an asterisk:

We have a number of different guidelines we use, but also things are looked at on a case by case basis.  For this example with the Haim Gozali "3 second" finish, there is no commission or regulator. This was not a well-run event.  A 3 second finish would have put the fight as the fastest submission ever, on Tapology's list of fastest submissions.

So in this case it's a new rule / new guideline for a special circumstance. You don't get to top our fastest submissions in the history of MMA list when your organization is completely sketchy and you didn't even start the timer properly.

ALL THAT SAID, while the opponent tapped out VERY early and it was sketchy, there are plausible explanations for it. The opponent could have been a last-minute replacement who was terrified of having his knee ligaments ripped to pieces. I don't know what health insurance and knee surgery options look like in that part of rural Ukraine, but suffice to say they might not be world-class. And so was the fight thrown? Or was the opponent just overwhelmed and scared at what he knew was about to happen?  We don't know, and so it's inconclusive. That's why we've let the result stand as-is for now. If other evidence emerges we can look at it.

* Edited at 06.26.2021, 12:19 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

06.26.2021 | 2:12 PM ET

@Greg I have read what you wrote carefully and I still have to disagree. At what point does Tapology go from a recorder of fight records to a interpretor of results. This is a grey area that opens a Pandora's box that you won't be able to close. It's a line that which you cross, that the line will move. Multiple fights will eventually have different results from Tapology, Sherdog, MMA underground, Wikipedia and boxrec.
Right now your views on guidelines and case to case basis for fights will change in a few years. Just like our views on everything changes over time. Eventually your successor will have different views and opinions as well. 
This is why opinion and personal bias has no place in being a recorder of fights. Especially when there's no definitive proof. Much like the angry mob came for Abdul Rasak Allhasan and he was found innocent.
 We can say this sketchy promotion most likely with absolute certainly engaged in some shady ****..but there's also a chance the opponent laid a egg, panicked for his life and tapped before the pressure was applied. This is why notation rather then official change for a record is my recommendation for results.
At this point the goal post will be moved in the future for bad judging.
Once we start making our own results we are no longer a fight result recorder but we deem ourselves the unofficial commission 

* Edited at 06.26.2021, 2:13 PM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Xconchris
Xconchris

06.26.2021 | 2:32 PM ET

Also how disappointing was that UFO report to congress 😆 9 pages of junk

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

06.26.2021 | 2:39 PM ET

@xcon while you are correct in bringing up the hard and challenging decisions that might need to be made, you are also over-complicating what is actually very simple. 

If a random promoter in another part of the world says "Hey look at this world record for the fastest submission EVER!" ... and we watch the video and that's FALSE, we are not going to post it as a world record. That's just plain stupid. So we timed it and recorded the correct time. End of story.

* Edited at 06.26.2021, 2:39 PM ET *

"I live, I die, I live again."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

06.27.2021 | 4:16 AM ET

Anyone else fells like judging have been quite **** as of late, Most of the fight that are close end up going to the wrong person,Not robbery but when you getting all the close fights wrong they something fishy going on, Then they also Rory McDonald last fight which was one of the few   robbery of the year, And Round Robberies have been **** latley also and I think that the **** which piss me off the most because it the clearest way to tell ******ation or coruption.

I don't want to **** on judging because people including myself does do bad judging all the time,So it a harder job then people think and judging is quite subjective ,But I just think it happening all the time now and that bad because it they job to no **** over fighter, And UFC fighter pay is embarssing for the most part and to cut it from 50% because of dumb judges is ******

* Edited at 06.27.2021, 5:26 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Xconchris
Xconchris

06.27.2021 | 8:46 AM ET

The issue isn't bad judging. The issue is that the Athletic commissions are political bureaucracy's that put judges based on who they know rather then what they know. They refuse to punish, discipline and remove and allow poor judges to continue because of politics which should never be allowed to be in the same conversation as sports. I stated before that New Jersey is probably the best commission in my eyes. Very progressive. Puts athletes like Ricardo Almeida as judges, and most importantly.

As anyone in a position not power, doesn't dig a hole, sink their heels in and defend it's position to the death. They actually admit mistakes and actually make changes to fight results. Which completely blows my ******* mind after seeing other commissions operate. Usually when you challenge any authority with any bit of power, the individual or organization will take that as a threat or challenge to their authority. 

We see this with police officers alot when they are dead wrong in a situation and multiple people are questioning their authority and they dig their heels in deeper because they can't possibly be wrong.
It takes real leadership to admit mistakes and a clear mind to admit fault and change. I have been fortunate enough with my sports, military and current job to learn that and be humble enough to admit and change.
Back from my rant, this is why I favor NJ so much and what their doing.

MattyViceGrip
MattyViceGrip
  • Predictions:  8,145  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,036
  • Post Score: 236

06.27.2021 | 1:29 PM ET

4th solo win in like a week

I had never solely won an event in my whole tapology predicting career until like last week, and now i've just won my 4th. I'm popping off.

event link: https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/80117-barbarian-s-13-gomez-vs-tiwi

* Edited at 06.27.2021, 1:31 PM ET *

"Pound for Pound! Headshot, dead!"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,943
  • Post Score: 247

06.27.2021 | 2:25 PM ET

Holy **** I somehow have 98 fantasy chips! 

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,211  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

06.27.2021 | 7:24 PM ET

You're on fire at the moment @MattyViceGrip!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Xconchris
Xconchris

06.28.2021 | 9:55 AM ET

So no UFC for 2 weeks. What other hobbies does everyone do besides watching MMA?

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

06.28.2021 | 11:16 AM ET

Joe Schilling sucker punching a dude in a bar, what say thee?

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by PhotoshopSteve (@thephotoshopsteve)

Looks like assault to me and being a human weapon and seriously you get that mad at a dude who flexes at you?

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 11:26 AM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

06.28.2021 | 11:17 AM ET

^

* Edited at 06.28.2021, 11:26 AM ET *

HiDefff
HiDefff

06.28.2021 | 11:21 AM ET

well @XconChris  as a home owner and a father basically all your free time is left to the kids or maintaining something that seems to always go wrong with your home haha Fights are actually the excuse to not do that **** all Saturday. So now i have to go the next 2 weeks without my best excuse lol at least the gutters will get cleaned i suppose 
Xconchris
Xconchris

06.28.2021 | 11:27 AM ET

Get some gutter guards @hideff. Never clean them again. I used to clean mine every year because I have massive trees

Page 64

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘I see it being an early night’: Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to last the distance
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal proud to see fans bring Miami heat on Nate Diaz: 'He definitely felt it'
  • Middle Easy : Frustrated Ketlen Vieira Believes She is More ‘Deserving’ of a UFC Title Fight Than Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Reveals Plans For McGregor’s ‘Hurt Leg’
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter eats head kick after failing to exploit grounded fighter rule
  • MMA Junkie : Kyoji Horiguchi, Sergio Pettis to rematch at Rizin 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Deontay Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhilei Zhang
  • MMA Mania : Jake Paul’s $10 Million Offer ‘Still Stands’ For MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul offers Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz $10 million for MMA fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Robert Whittaker not sold on Bo Nickal after UFC 300, says he has ‘work to do’ before fighting Top 10
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 live results (7 p.m. ET): Welterweights, featherweights in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video at 2 p.m. ET.
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov