Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 619

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

09.27.2022 | 7:02 PM ET

This is also nowhere near the bottom.

SPY could very realistically plummet to 3200's fairly rapidly. Fed is currently playing catch-the-mouse with inflation by rate hiking. Can't funnel more monopoly money into circulation the way it has over the last two years. Definitely worth looking into your 401K/superannuation pronto. Hedge a good portion of it in cash if that's doable. Cash is king in environments like this one. At least if you're in the US. 

If you're not, please believe me when I tell you that the current collapse of the GBP and the Euro is very likely being created by the US. This is because the powers that be do not want mass-exiting of the greenback, hedging in rival currencies and the ensuing currency devaluation with the potential to create a switching of the world reserve.

I'm sorry Eurofolks, but the harsh reality of the sitch is that the ****tier your currencies get, the more desirable--and therefore the more valuable-- the greenback gets. 

What causes your currencies to become devalued are things like surging domestic energy prices, low productivity and low business confidence.Such things lead to speculative fear, lower PPP, that drives downward pressure on them and makes people want to trade them in for something safer--that is, the greenback. But this will only happen if the greenback is regarded as safe.It doesn't have to be perfect--it just has to be more stable than everything else. As I said a few days ago, the prettiest pig in the show.

If you wanted to ensure these things happened, the best way to do it would be to--oh, I don't know--fund a proxy war between an eastern European state and Europe's biggest energy supplier, forcing artificially elevated energy costs, supply chain disruptions, lower output and lower business confidence in pretty much the entire EU. At that point, you could be just about certain the hegemony of your native currency would be secure.

But I'm sure Uncle Sam is far too virtuous to engage in such diabolical behaviour...right? I'm sure that the US had nothing to do with the destruction of the Nord Stream pipelines either.

The current recession that supposedly doesn't exist, yet the US finds itself in, is going to worsen. A big driver of this is how badly the risk-free rate is being affected by the bond market getting its face eaten due to the velocity of change in the rate--which is happening at unprecedented levels. The whole point of bonds is that they're stable, conservative and low-yield instruments that are 'good bets' for a return on the investment. If such instruments are failing, it's no bueno. Lenders (banks) will become increasingly gun shy to hand out money for loans, especially with interest rates soaring. You see, the inflation that the US is experiencing actually has nothing to do with the war in Ukraine and this began long before that conflict started--way back in 2007, but that's a story for another day. 

What's causing that is supply-side failure and tanking domestic US production. The long and short of it is, lockdowns and the general covid supply chain Wuhan lung aids hullabaloo has not been recovered from as expected. Many, many businesses went bust, and a strange (but in hindsight a somewhat predictable) sociological effect has emerged which has resulted in people thinking 'Holy ****--the state will fund me not to work as much or as hard. And even if it doesn't, I don't want to work as much anyway because I'm never going to be able to afford a house, and I've been converting the currency of my lifetime into dollars at a really ****** exchange rate, so **** it--I'm downsizing my life'. I have also observed this in Australia. We have comparable (I would argue worse) inflation here than in the US. A primary difference between Australia and the US is that here down under, the price of food is extremely high. You guys have no idea how good you have it in the states--at least, in this regard.

The flow-on effect of all this is that there's generally just people doing and making stuff, so there's less stuff to buy, and more money is needed to buy what's left, which means that the cost of stuff is going up. This is measured by CPI (Consumer price index). Basically, this calculates the price increase on a basket of common goods over time. Core CPI measures price increases, with food and energy prices excluded. Both are extremely elevated right now. Keep in mind, CPI reporting lags behind by about a quarter--or more accurately, three months. Both are actually significantly worse than what is being reported, and irrespective of a few dead cat bounces and minor rallies here and there, they will get worse, and yes, you will pay more. For everything.

This next point is very important if you're in the US, so please pay attention:

You may have noticed that the price of gas has gone down a little recently. This is only happening because the current political administration has been draining strategic oil reserves--which is the kind of 'rainy day fund' of oil. They are doing this because you're in an election cycle, plain and simple, and they're attempting to appear competent. The second that's over, expect gas prices to shoot through the moon again, because they'll have duped you and there's nothing you can do about it for another two years. Be prepared for that.

Some advice:

A) Don't sell necessary assets. The first thing that happens in an entrenched recession characterised by an inflationary or deflationary cycle is that asset prices increase. Don't sell what you need. You'll be eating your seed corn.

B) Avoid credit as much as possible. Right now in the US public credit debt has reached record highs. There is probably another credit crisis coming. Don't become insolvent. Trim where you can, do not get on the hook for debt of any kind. The time has come to live within your means, exclusively.

C) Do not buy into the market. The VIX (volatility index, which is sometimes called the 'fear index' and measures speculative uncertainty in the market) is extremely elevated right now and unless you're an experienced trader you will probably get wrecked. We are in a protracted bear market that favours short trades and derivative/contract-for-difference stuff that is extremely risky even in stable times. It's not for you.

* Edited at 09.27.2022, 7:33 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 days, 18 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

09.27.2022 | 7:40 PM ET

I haven't checked my 401k in a while, but the last time I saw their little update letter it said that I lost something like $8k because of how ****** the situation is. I haven't got a clue how bad it must be getting, part of me doesn't even want to check lol

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

****les
****les

09.27.2022 | 7:42 PM ET

@Check how bad it is depends on how young you are, really. Things will correct.

The stockmarket is like the tides. You just don't want to be standing in the mudflats naked if you're about ready to retire.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 2 days, 18 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.27.2022 | 7:58 PM ET

Good post... What a miserable few years it has been and will be... I think the 90s were peak society and a bit into into the 2000s

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,414  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

09.27.2022 | 9:06 PM ET

****les

I ain't readin all that 
I'm happy for you though 
or sorry that happened 
****les
****les

09.27.2022 | 9:07 PM ET

@el222 TLDR: Bad times coming fast, be careful with money.
****les
****les

09.27.2022 | 9:08 PM ET

wt.

* Edited at 09.27.2022, 9:08 PM ET *

el222
el222

09.27.2022 | 9:09 PM ET

sir yes sir 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

09.27.2022 | 9:11 PM ET

@****les

Don't worry about me, I've already put all my savings into Bitcoin and NFTs so this time next year, I'll be a billionaire! 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

09.27.2022 | 9:15 PM ET

Russia which a has a great performing currency is drafting up stuff relating to pro bitcoin policies, if it crashes to sub 20k like 10k thats a screaming buy, the peasants can pick up a whole coin and a ticket to the future

Forget about NFTs and other coins or ethereum

* Edited at 09.27.2022, 9:22 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

el222
el222

09.27.2022 | 9:17 PM ET

on the Khabib debate, there's not much you can really take away from him tbh. he's the most dominant fighter ever. so exceptionally talented and skilled. a legend of the game for sure

with all that said, his record is so padded it's insane and Olives is about to catch up with him if things keep going the way they're going 
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

09.27.2022 | 11:05 PM ET

I put Aldo above Khabib on the P4P greats list and you all can suck my nuts. Dude retired in his prime because "mom said so" and he's the best? Nice meme. At this point Izzy is then ahead of him too lol

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

09.27.2022 | 11:07 PM ET

alright that ****post got me a new belt, god bless

* Edited at 09.27.2022, 11:07 PM ET *

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

PiggyBank
PiggyBank
  • Predictions:  1,204  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  715
  • Post Score: 256

09.28.2022 | 2:47 AM ET

''alright that ****post got me a new belt, god bless''

legend.

"i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events on Tapology ! | empty walls of Tapology.... | I don't give a flying F16... | keep ****posting about me... | Get Your Mind Out Of The Gutter... | L☻L | @TARTARABLESS | just let me know... !?"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,547
  • Post Score: 236

09.28.2022 | 12:49 PM ET

I won an instagram sweepstakes so I'm going to the Bellator fights this Saturday for free!! 

I can't believe it, I never enter things like that because I assume I won't win but for some reason this time I said **** it. I can't wait for Carlyle vs McKee

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

09.28.2022 | 12:49 PM ET

if you're in or near Florida, stay safe. Cat4 hurricane is about to make landfall

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook

09.28.2022 | 2:15 PM ET

idiots are near the hurricane and everything around them is getting torn apart, tress are getting ripped out of the ground, roofs are flying, but they're stuck in a car livestreaming... ***

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

09.28.2022 | 4:19 PM ET

weekend without UFC or some other big fights is a weird weekend

"****."

****les
****les

09.28.2022 | 4:49 PM ET

Just a reminder that Hippie is a Floridian and doesn't have anywhere to stay right now.

****les
****les

09.28.2022 | 6:00 PM ET

Page 619

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Says Dana White ’10-7ed The Media’ With UFC 300’s Success
  • UFC.com : UFC And Morgan & Morgan Announce Multi-year Renewal Of Marketing Partnership
  • UFC.com : UFC 300 50/50 Charity Raffle Raises More Than $112,000
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Fires Back At Michael Chandler For Criticizing His Decision To Turn Down Islam Makhachev Title Fight
  • Jits Magazine : Mikey Musumeci Moves Up To Challenge Kade Ruotolo For Lightweight Title At ONE 168
  • MMAFighting.com : Israel Adesanya reflects on Alex Pereira rivalry: ‘He’s a special human being’
  • MMA Junkie : Justin Gaethje plans to limit physical training for 'six months at least' after UFC 300 knockout loss
  • MMA Mania : Garcia: ‘Crazy’ Gimmick Planned Months In Advance
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Says He Is Likely To Earn ‘$30-50 Million’ From Devin Haney Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘My son got down on you’: Bill Haney and Floyd Mayweather get into heated argument online
  • MMAFighting.com : Ilia Topuria on Sean O’Malley superfight: ‘If he defends the belt, that’s going to be the biggest fight in UFC history’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 pre-event facts: Karine Silva looks to continue historic octagon start
  • Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Parking Lot Incident With ‘Crazy Lady’, Says She Texted Dana White About Possibly Going To Jail
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry targets fights with Jake Paul and 'fat b*tch' Darren Till if successful at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • Jits Magazine : Star-Studded Lineup Confirmed For UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler criticizes Arman Tsarukyan turning down UFC 302 title fight, Tsrukyan unloads back
  • MMA Mania : UFC 304 Official For July 27 In Manchester
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 commentary team, broadcast plans set: New trio calls action from cageside for first time
  • MMAFighting.com : The 2024 MMA Draft: Which 35 fighters are the best building blocks for MMA promotions?
  • MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway