Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses Page 47

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

04.18.2021 | 11:51 AM ET

i mean, what you're saying isn't really political, it's just what's going on at your hospital. but these days everything becomes political which kind of sucks.

"I live, I die, I live again."

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,447  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 237

04.18.2021 | 3:03 PM ET

It’s not political at all, even if you aren’t personally worried about getting the virus you are morally obligated to get the vaccine to protect others. It’s that simple. 

* Edited at 04.18.2021, 3:03 PM ET *

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

04.18.2021 | 3:45 PM ET

No im not, **** that, I'll wait till they're a better vacine that don't give you blood clots. Maybe If your in a country where people are getting covid it diffrent. But In my state, Only 2000 people got Covid, And 20 died from it. Im more likely to get hit by a bus tommorow that get Covid, Why would i risk getting Blood Clots

* Edited at 04.18.2021, 3:48 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Gregory
Gregory

04.18.2021 | 4:01 PM ET

@damien you can make your own choice of course, but consider:

a) the J&J blood clot reports are roughly 1 per every million people vaccinated. that is an insanely small number.

b) there are no reports of blood clots from the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, which are a different kind of vaccine.

c) more severe outbreaks could come to your area. check out what is happening in Brazil. if it comes, you'd have peace of mind that your body would squash it for you if you got infected.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

04.18.2021 | 4:04 PM ET

Just a thought. If the virus didnt hit right before a presidential election, it wouldn't be considered political to some people. Its almost insane to consider a virus to be political. But here we are.

Also its a shame @fishrat's parole says no off topic threads 😆

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

04.18.2021 | 4:10 PM ET

Shut the **** up Damien, you ******* idiot. My sister got the vaccine (front line worker) and my Mom will be getting it soon. 

Nobody needs young dip****s like you or anyone else talking **** about this, you know? Maybe stop being such a negative Nancy and shut your ******* mouth. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Gregory
Gregory

04.18.2021 | 4:15 PM ET

frontkick maybe we can de-escalate.

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

04.18.2021 | 4:27 PM ET

Yessir

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.18.2021 | 5:03 PM ET

Bugger it. I'll break contract and risk a ban because I don't believe what is happening here is fair to Duck. And I consider the Duck my friend. It's wrong. Nobody should be tarred and feathered for making a personal health choice. I've decided not to take the vaccine due to an underlying medical condition (two actually) that make me susceptible to blood clots. It has nothing to do with conspiracies and yes, I 100% believe COVID-19 is real and isn't a hoax.

Damien, it's your body and your choice. Over 99% of people who contract COVID survive it, and when co-morbidity is excluded from the Data the death count shrinks by orders of magnitude. You get to decide what your own level of risk tolerance is. Not a Celebrity. Not a Software developer. You. Nobody else. It isn't a moral quandary, and it has nothing to do with morality whatsoever. The pomposity and self-righteousness of people who genuinely feel morally superior to those who can't/choose not to get vaccinated is staggering. These same people, every day, buy useless crap/drink alcohol/ frivolously spend money on junk food knowing that that money could be sent to the third world and save a child's life. Getting a vaccine does not make you a morally superior being any more than wearing a bicycle helmet or wearing a seatbelt or taking out an insurance policy does. It's about you, not others. You're simply exercising agency. Spare me.

Let's break it down logically: If the vaccine works it doesn't matter whether you take it or not because you can't infect those vaccinated people. The only people you can infect are people who have chosen not to be vaccinated, which makes it a push. If the Vaccines don't work, then there's also not much point in taking them anyway. I'm not saying they don't work. Probably it's the case they are like Flu shots and will require boosters which means they are an effective mitigation tool against the virus. Regardless, it's almost certainly the case that it's here to stay, and it is absolutely the case that mutations will continue to emerge when ostensibly everyone in society is vaccinated/has immunity. 

* Edited at 04.18.2021, 5:58 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

04.18.2021 | 7:13 PM ET

funny he ruined his own thread 
This guy is worried about a rare blood clot lmfao 

* Edited at 04.18.2021, 7:14 PM ET *

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

04.18.2021 | 7:22 PM ET

I’m interested to your counter to my point @Fish. I agree with the liberty of choice not to get it, would you embrace hospitals choosing to refuse treatment to those who made that choice?

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

04.18.2021 | 7:24 PM ET

Tieoken
Tieoken

04.18.2021 | 7:25 PM ET

Also, while I wholeheartedly agree with your underlying point. The vaccine does not prevent you from getting COVID-19. It just makes your body capable of recognizing and eliminating the virus rapidly. So, while you would suffer little to no health effects and are less likely to exhibit the symptoms that make one prone to spreading germs/virus, it does not prevent you from spreading it within the window where your immune system is dealing with it. 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

04.18.2021 | 7:26 PM ET

I have the weirdest boner 

* Edited at 04.18.2021, 7:27 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

04.18.2021 | 7:28 PM ET

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

04.18.2021 | 7:46 PM ET

@Tieoken Greg doesn't want me to post here, we made a deal that I wouldn't and I've broken that deal already by having done that and I'm currently doing it again. I wouldn't have but I  can't stand a pecking party, especially one completely undue. So I won't continue this discussion. I'd just like to close by saying that Damien isn't an idiot. He's an Engineering student and you cannot be a plum and do that, especially in Australia, where getting a STEM tertiary placement in a good University is actually very competitive and difficult, and the standards are very high. I would wager the people here condescending to him could not match the fifteen particle of his general intellect in any context that matters. He gets to make his own choices, and shouldn't be harangued or pilloried for making them.

Peace out Peeps.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
Hippie
Hippie

04.18.2021 | 7:55 PM ET

^

@ Fish..  No need to stop posting here, always a good read…. IMO

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

04.18.2021 | 8:19 PM ET

So stop talking about it 

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

04.18.2021 | 10:41 PM ET

I'm not against getting Vaccinated, Im just against getting Vaccinated straight away. I want more time to read up on thing, And for the scientist to make better Vaccine  I don't want to be some Guinee pig for some **** Vacine .Its not dumb to wait to have a inform oppion on them infecting with chemical or know what the side effects are, And espaclly if it all over the news that they even in a slim chance could kill you . And Its not like they 7 billion vacine, So if i sign up im taking up someone else spot who want and/or need it

@gregory Great read bro, I like to learn that the Covid Vacine is getting safer. I don't mind hearing other people oppion if they disagare with me if you not being an *******, As it make you smarter

@fish Really thank you, It means alot. 

And flying  Eat my pubes ************. Why you get so mad at someone who disagree with you? it quite sad, Just swearing at someone who disagree with you without saying anything of substance, And you acting like you morally better to me? 

* Edited at 04.18.2021, 10:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Tieoken
Tieoken

04.18.2021 | 11:04 PM ET

@Damien, if you ever want an educational tutorial on the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) as well as the traditional inoculated-virus style vaccine used by J&J I can hit your board with some good information. Molecular medicine is my specialty, so while I don't understand virology/epidmeiology to quite the degree of someone who specializes in that area. I do have an intimate understanding of the three vaccines out right now as well as the mechanism of action for COVID-19 since a lot of my work is focused on nano-vesicles which are very Cov-adjacent.

Tl;dr I'm a nerd and I like talking about my nerd **** if you're really curious about the vaccines.

Page 47

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’