Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 356

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.16.2022 | 12:49 PM ET

@Stu is that his real grave? Epic.... One of the original prototype MMA fighters

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

05.16.2022 | 1:36 PM ET

@WastelandWanderer: yes, mate. I was there last Monday. It's not crowded or anything. One other guy came up and chatted for a minute while I was paying my respects, and a couple was coming in as I was leaving. It's not elaborate at all; his son Brandon's stone is there also.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

@stuthehistoryguy Nice! Well done, I consider your paying respects at his grave an achievement..... And its always funny when Americans call people mate

😂

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.16.2022 | 4:19 PM ET

@stuthehistoryguy

What did you like in Chicago?  I am from the suburbs so I am curious.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

05.16.2022 | 4:44 PM ET

The thing with Gregor Gilispese is that he trying to fight up the ranking, But refusing to fight down, If everyone thought like that they no fights are made, Also it stupid because he ain't getting paid or moving up the ranking and the only thing he accomplishing is making himself more irrelevant in the division as people forget about you.

It also annoying because he has bad carrer management, He should of just took another fight just to keep himself relevant, It would make it more likely to get the RDA, Ferguson and Chandler fight he want, Because he just isn't relevent in the division when he fought one fight in 3 year and that one fight being a year ago, also he only on a one fight win streak, 

Also it does piss me off how he say Chandler, RDA and Ferguson is ducking him, RDA and Ferguson don't duck people and argubly took harder fight in FIzeav and Chandler, and Gilepse is the one turning down fight, I'm suprise he doesn't see the irony in the situation

"Quack quack quack"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,551  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,515
  • Post Score: 13

05.16.2022 | 5:06 PM ET

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 5:07 PM ET *

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy

05.16.2022 | 6:12 PM ET

@rappinpapsoda I went to grad school in Urbana, so I got up there a few times. As amazing as the city is, it usually came down to the Field Museum, the Art Institute, and Buddy Guy's Legends. I dig other clubs too, but Legends is the most comfortable and usually has the best band. I've never done the River tour of the city's architecture, but I hope to at some point - if I go there with my girlfriend or something. 

And, of course, there's Trader Vic's ;)

Don't stay at the Palmer House, though. Lobby like the Sistine Chapel, rooms like Sing Sing, pool like the puddle in my backyard.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

05.16.2022 | 6:19 PM ET

The field museum is really cool. Not your average museum 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

05.16.2022 | 6:24 PM ET

When I went to Chicago I took an architecture tour, where the guide was telling us about all of the various skysc****rs and who designed them, etc. Very interesting

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

05.16.2022 | 6:50 PM ET

Also, just found out, RDA called out Gregor Gilpese to fight at UFC 272 after Fiziev pulled out, And Gillepse denied the fight, Gilepse carrer decision might be on of the worst I seen, He got what he wanted, Even if it like on 6 day short notice, Take the fight with RDA, He's not getting the big fight any other way because he just isn't relevant because he ain't fighting

Gilepse is a fun fighter and I have no problem for him as a fighter, But I do think he need to shut up and fight, 

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 6:51 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.16.2022 | 6:51 PM ET

Historyguy, I have been there many times. The Field is awesome. My fav of the museums.A couple of movies were filmed there too. For the Art institute, Ferris Bueller had a scene there.
If you are ever there again, the Museum of science and Industry is another place. It’s the biggest science museum in the Western Hemisphere. 
I would also suggest Wrigley Field(it’s neighborhood bars too), and Millennium Park. 

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 7:05 PM ET

Damn Illinois seems like a cool place... Im pretty ignorant of the history and culture there, I mostly know Chicago/Illinois from all the gang shootings and wars that happen there..... But this clearly shows how ignorant I am......

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 7:07 PM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

05.16.2022 | 7:07 PM ET

Been to the TGI Fridays at Chicago O'Hare airport once. Not impressed

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

05.16.2022 | 7:22 PM ET

Wasteland, do you mean the gang wars of the 30s or the ones today? If you mean the ones from Al Capone, there are quite a few sites for that. In fact, the Valentine’s Day massacre building is gone but it’s now a parking lot. Normally that would not seem like a big deal but you can actually be on the same ground from where it happened. Across from that location is the oven grinder. That is one of the best pizza places in the city. It’s totally unique. Then there is the theater where Dillinger was shot. The theater is still around and they have a memorial. Also, although not historically accurate, the shoot out at the end of the Untouchables shootout was at Union Station in Chicago.
Also where holy name cathedral is there is still the bullet hole when Hymie Weiss got assassinated by one of Capone’s men.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 7:45 PM ET

@rappinpapsoda Thanks for explaining, yeah I forgot about the old Italian American mob wars there, or I dont think I ever heard of them properly... The ones ive been following are more of the new age African American and Latino gangs, but yeah I remember learning before that the Italian and Irish and maybe other mobs had a presence in Illinois/Chicago back in the day.... I think the gangs have become more careless and vicious since those times though... I dont pray but I will try to meditate some good thoughts for the good people of Illinois. Yeah The Untouchables was filmed in Chicago? Epic film and city....... Always good to see you around RappinPap, not many Tapology users from back then are still going

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 7:47 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 7:45 PM ET

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 7:46 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 7:48 PM ET

***!!!!! I may be related to Juice Wrld! Mind blown.... R.I.P

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 7:49 PM ET *

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy

05.16.2022 | 7:50 PM ET

@rappinpapsoda, I've never been to any of the old-school gangster sites - again, next time I'm there. I've been to Science and Industry, and you're spot on. It's a little more kid-oriented IMHO, but I haven't been there for a very long time. Shedd Aquarium is also a hell of a place.

@WastelandWanderer, if you're talking about the "murder city"-type reputation that has been hung on Chicago in recent years, that may be a bit exaggerated. I hate to diminish anyone's personal tragedy, but if you're expecting to have to dodge bullets, you may be disappointed. I understand that the area around Rosa's blues club is pretty hardcore - I don't go there.

Don't go to Gary, Indiana, though. Just don't.

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 7:55 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 7:53 PM ET

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

05.16.2022 | 7:55 PM ET

@stuthehistoryguy Yeah I hope it is exaggerated..... Why dont go to Gary? :( I heard Indiana folk are true blue collar hard grinding Americans!

* Edited at 05.16.2022, 7:55 PM ET *

Page 356

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case