Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 207

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski
  • Predictions:  11,407  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 442

01.14.2022 | 7:40 PM ET

"Rombu likes his clouds like I like my women.....Thick and White."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,948  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,049
  • Post Score: 88

01.14.2022 | 9:12 PM ET

Jake paul in talks with the pfl lol

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

01.14.2022 | 10:25 PM ET

I've just been out at a colleague's 21st birthday party. Got refused entry the first time as smart black tracksuits don't count as "smart casual" in that pub. I go home, get changed and go back. I have a pint and go to take a piss and there's a guy in just his Y fronts posing in front of the mirror. There's a guy in the stalls who's **** sounded like a ******* pinball machine. I have another pint and about 5 shots because the person who ordered the shots was off his nutt and ordered too many and nobody wanted them so I had them to be polite. We got the cake out. The birthday girl set herself on fire when blowing the candles out. Party over. I missed the last bus home and had a freezing 45 minute walk home.

How's your Friday evening going boys? 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.14.2022 | 10:41 PM ET

So a fairly typical Croydon night out then Steve lol.

Mrs has the Rona and is doing the mandatory seven-day Isolation. She's fine but is going stir crazy, which means I have to talk to her every 2 hours or so. I've already run out of  mutual-interest subjects of conversation, and now the discussions are totally one-sided and my input basically consists of 'I See'  and 'I know what you mean' with a sprinkling of just repeating back what she said in a thoughtful tone as though I've actually thought about or considered anything that's been said to me at all. Everything relates to female things I can't even understand let alone have any interest in-- or worse still emotions. The female mind is strange, it is made of dreams and grievances. At this point, it's like being slowly force-fed an undercooked pork sausage that has been rolled over a dog blanket. I want out, but there's no way out. It's happening, and it's going to keep happening. 

* Edited at 01.14.2022, 10:44 PM ET *

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.15.2022 | 12:16 AM ET

Update: Just talked about how dandelion tea looks like coffee but doesn't taste like it for about 25 minutes.
Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

01.15.2022 | 5:25 AM ET

What do you guys think of a concept of allowing a possibility of making not 16 but for example 200entrants fantasy league, for like all upcoming UFC events, so we could check who has the best pickrate in 4 months, is that even doable for Gregory to make? 

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 5:50 AM ET *

"****."

Fremen
Fremen

01.15.2022 | 5:27 AM ET

and let participate oddsbot in it, to compare

"****."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

01.15.2022 | 10:18 AM ET

@adrndc11

I really hope that the number of entrants in the fantasy games can be increased. In my weekly PPC games I run, I regularly fill up all 16 places with others wanting to join so include them by adding their scores for each event separately and working out where in the table they'd have come. I hope it's possible in terms of programming, I can't see why not as the UFC leaderboard adds up the scores of everyone who made picks for that card and they usually run into the thousands. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

01.15.2022 | 10:59 AM ET

On the flip side I can’t remember the last time this website had any kind of update whatsoever. It’s mostly just a cruise ship with Stephen (the other one) and Greg tanning on the deck and occasionally emailing people, while fight scouts run the engine.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

01.15.2022 | 11:01 AM ET

we fear change @tieoken. Dont you dare try to change anything!

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.15.2022 | 1:16 PM ET

Up at 3AM because my border collie, who is a massive ***** who weighs 30KG+ (Huge for the breed) is scared of a storm happening here right now and decided he needed comforting and let me know this by coming into my room and laying on my face. So I might as well throw in my opinion abut the site since I'm up:

I agree with Tieoken. This site is in drastic need of an update but my best guess is that Greg and Skelliher don't really know how to do that or don't want to. I bet neither of them can write apps, and Tap has needed one for a looong time now. Which is fine because it's still pretty niche programming and not a huge amount of people do it even now and on top of that porting something that functioned akin to how this site works would be...horrendous. What I don't understand is why they haven't hired somebody who can to do it. Maybe they don't want the headache of upscaling what Tapology is, and are happy with the status quo. But as far as I can see, this site hasn't really changed much in over a decade.

Which isn't really an issue because it's still a very good MMA site. Probably the best. However, at some point something just like it will pop up that will basically just kind of just do it better. It says in the terms that Tap is protected by patent but I could find no entries in USPTO relating to it and even if that's true, it wouldn't be difficult to subvert whatever those are if somebody or something really wanted to do that.

Anyway, even if that does happen I'll probably still use this site as long as Greg continues to moderate it. If he cashes out it will go to hell and become as boring as every other MMA site on the web.

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

01.15.2022 | 1:21 PM ET

I would love a Tapology app since I make a lot of my picks on my phone and tablet. Maybe someday they'll get around to making that.

"🌽⚽️"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.15.2022 | 1:39 PM ET

They don't know how to do that. They'd need to hire somebody or a company to do it for them and judging by all appearances they have no interest in investing in this site. It's been over a decade. No change.
Fremen
Fremen

01.15.2022 | 1:54 PM ET

No doubt, either they improve or there will be a competition soon

"****."

Tieoken
Tieoken

01.15.2022 | 2:18 PM ET

Which is weird cause they have such a niche position in an expanding sport with a huge social-media gap. But if you can make a living with minimal investment I’m not mad at it. It’s just like sitting your money in a savings account vs VOO, confuses me.

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

01.15.2022 | 2:24 PM ET

Competition is a good thing maybe the new guys will do more kickboxing, karate or that weird **** called custom rules!
The ap thing is a weird situation, sherdog dropped theres probably toooo many russian hackers.
I have 2 or 3 but mostly just fake news funnels for people who like click bait and short clips.
The ESPN ap is great for UFC but little else as far as data, this site does a lot trying to dumb that down and jam it into an ap is a nightmare.
Point of fact many websites are actually just using a link to their site instead of making an ap, unless its gonna make you money paying a highschool dropout to slap together an ap is a waste.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

01.15.2022 | 2:54 PM ET

The secret sauce of Tapology is that it functions on the basis of editors being paid extremely little to basically run the entire site and create huge surplus value by adding entries.It's a great business model for everybody who isn't an editor. I have no idea why anybody would do this because that time investment converted to financial gain would be far, far better served being dedicated elsewhere. Never underestimate people's will to be wilfully exploited in the service of feeling important. I suppose it's the same reason Reddit moderators work totally free of charge.

It always reminds of the yes minister episode where Jim hacker has been made 'Transport Supremo'.

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 3:08 PM ET *

Tieoken
Tieoken

01.15.2022 | 3:25 PM ET

Oh yeah, it’s quite literally, not figuratively, a nickel. The cost-basis ratio is amazing, but it’s a terrible wage to get random passive agreement book chapters of emails sent to you by Steven. I don’t know who took over for me, but the promoter for my local show has sent me like three emails to get **** fixed. And I’ve looked at the last few cards and there’s some fairly significant **** ups and late updates. They definitely get what they pay for.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

01.15.2022 | 3:38 PM ET

The change I want most for Taplogy is to add UFC pick percentage on the main menu, So everyone has a more equal playing field and it easier to see who more knowledgeable without having people who inflant they percantage picking boxing or regianal MMA, 

But I think the reason it not happening because coding that feature is hard, 

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 3:40 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,944
  • Post Score: 247

01.15.2022 | 3:47 PM ET

@DamienHandel420

I would agree but Id rather it be all major promotions instead of just UFC (One, PFL Bellator, ect). They do have those stats buried in the "my stats" section if I remember correctly.

* Edited at 01.15.2022, 3:47 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

Page 207

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings