Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs. Muhammad

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,948
  • Post Score: 47

12.08.2020 | 1:12 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 03.13.2021 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs. Muhammad
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 21
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Leon Edwards   vs.   Belal Muhammad   Ends in a No Contest, Eye Poke   0:18 Round 2 of 5, 5:18 Total Bout Page
Ryan Spann   defeats   Misha Cirkunov   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   1:11 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Gavin Tucker   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   0:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Davey Grant   defeats   Jonathan Martinez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   3:03 Round 2 of 3, 8:03 Total Bout Page
Matheus Nicolau   defeats   Manel Kape   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eryk Anders   vs.   Darren Stewart   Ends in a No Contest, Illegal Knee   4:37 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Ashley Yoder   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Jourdain   defeats   Marcelo Rojo   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:31 Round 3 of 3, 14:31 Total Bout Page
Rani Yahya   defeats   Ray Rodriguez   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:09 Round 2 of 3, 8:09 Total Bout Page
Nasrat Haqparast   defeats   Rafa García   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
JJ Aldrich   defeats   Cortney Casey   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jinh Yu Frey   defeats   Gloria de Paula   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matthew Semelsberger   defeats   Jason Witt   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   0:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 11

shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

03.12.2021 | 4:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1705th

Martinez vs. Grant
Davey Grant, TKO, R2
Im riding this dog

Haqparast vs. García
Rafa García, SUB, R2
Im looking forward to this bout.

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

migs671
migs671
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 323

03.12.2021 | 5:19 PM ET

Has anyone looked into how many fighters have had covid and ended up losing there next fight? 

Rodofo and burns cardio seemed to be shot 
NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

03.12.2021 | 6:02 PM ET

Covid had nothing to do with either.

Viera has had bad cardio in EVERY fight and Burns got yeemed up by Usman's jab.

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,486  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,546
  • Post Score: 237

03.12.2021 | 6:15 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1217th

@ngannoupunch is spot on. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Hippie
Hippie

03.12.2021 | 7:29 PM ET

Face Offs

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2291st

I’m sure you all have already seen them but here they are..
(I haven’t yet)

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.12.2021 | 7:45 PM ET

A question to any fighters (of any discipline) who have done a face off before the fight

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 496th

What's actually going through your head at that moment in time? Are you focusing more on trying to intimidate your oppponant or focusing your energy to try not to accidentally show any sign of weakness? I'd guess it varies from fighter to fighter and fight to fight but I love the psychological aspect of the fight game and was just curious to hear about any thoughts that went though your head during those 5-10 seconds or so. Thanks in advance for any replies!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

03.12.2021 | 8:13 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3444th

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, DEC
leon looks ****y. IM either going to pick right or leon is right for looking ****y lol

Yu Frey vs. de Paula
Gloria de Paula, DEC
mannnnnnn I adore jinh yu frey. I love the classic highlight of hers. Shes super easy on the eyes. But she is so undersized for 115.... I think shes getting decisioned.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

TotoCortez
TotoCortez
  • Predictions:  2,844  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 263

03.12.2021 | 10:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 2031st

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Leon Edwards, DEC
Both have a similar fighting : not a pot of one punch KO power but they both can fight at a crazy non stop pace mixed in with a little bit of everything. But Edwards is like the cyborg version of Muhammad (Muhammad is the human version). Edwards is going to make a big statement and show Muhammad and to the world that there's levels to this game. Edwards edges out Muhammad in almost every aspect of MMA skill wise. Both are tough and durable so Edwards by decision seems like the rational outcome but if Edwards decides to put on a show and increase the pressure and the volume, we could see a 4th or 5th round stoppage due to the overwhelming volume.

Cirkunov vs. Spann
Misha Cirkunov, SUB, R1
This is like a 50/50 fight. For spann to win, he gotta take out Cirkunov in the 1st round itself and he can do that. Cirkunov could come in, take down and submit Spann easily. Both have a terrible cardio so this could go to the distance as a sloppy dry humping and heaving slow paced fight. But it's just not their style... Both have the same game plan of "give all, if you win, you win, if you fail, there's no plan B, you simply die".

Ige vs. Tucker
Dan Ige, DEC
This is a good match up. Tucker and Ige are both durable, with good cardio. Both throw out decent volume in the entire fight. Can easily see a split decision win for any fighter. Ige has been facing the better competition so I'm picking Ige via 29-28 split decision.

Martinez vs. Grant
Jonathan Martinez, TKO, R2
Martinez in an interview before mentioned that it's difficult for him to cut to 135. But it seems like he had a good weight cut and was looking good at the weigh ins. Whereas grant at the weigh ins, was shaky af.. the weight cut seemed tough on him. Martinez to finish him in 2nd round cos he gives different looks and mixes it up well.

Nicolau vs. Kape
Manel Kape, TKO, R1
After a poor, lackluster debut against Pantoja, I'm expecting for kape's ego to take over and remind everyone of his Ko power. It's a quick turnaround for kape and I think he's eager to make a comeback and avenge the loss.

Anders vs. Stewart
Darren Stewart, DEC
Stewart via decision. Lock of the card. Anders is only good at taking punishment... And Stewart can go full 15 minutes easily whereas Anders has terrible cardio

TotoCortez
TotoCortez
  • Predictions:  2,844  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 263

03.12.2021 | 10:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 2031st

Hill vs. Yoder II
Angela Hill, DEC
Angela has improved leaps and bounds which can be seen in her recent fights. Yoder's only way to victory is by wet blanketing Hill but I don't see that happening.. Gadelha was 1/4 in takedowns against Hill. Waterson went for 1/18 in takedowns against Hill. Besides, Hill has faced the way better competition. Hill is gonna keep it Standing and pick apart Yoder. Hill has cardio and volume for days. Hill via 30-27 unanimous decision.

Jourdain vs. Rojo
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R1
I think UFC is giving an easier opponent to Air jourdain after his last fight went into a draw when he should have won that fight easily at least on the papers. Expecting air jourdain for a comeback.

Yahya vs. Rodriguez
Rani Yahya, SUB, R1
Yahya is a sub in the first half of the fight or a bust... His cardio sucks. He doesn't have good wrestling to take down his opponents. But since his opponents are low level, he can get it somehow to the mat and submit them. If Rodriguez can survive, he can take over from the second half of the second round onwards and make it a dog fight.

andreypa
andreypa
  • Predictions:  3,116  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4,280
  • Post Score: 81

03.12.2021 | 10:51 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2176th

I decided to change my pick from Witt to Semelsberger after seeing weigh in. Right or wrong? soon to find out.
Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

03.12.2021 | 11:00 PM ET

BOUT BETTER MUHAMMAD X EDWARDS PICKS AND PROPS

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 137th

"never tell me the odds."

MichaelJohnsonFan
MichaelJohnsonFan
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

03.12.2021 | 11:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1069th

Anders vs. Stewart
Darren Stewart, DEC
Anders is so inconsistent in his fights

Witt vs. Semelsberger
Jason Witt, SUB, R1
This fight is a definite pass from a betting prospective

"I'm not trying to win by a decision, I'm not trying to win by a point, I'm literally trying to take this man's life" -Michael "The menace" Johnson, quote 2017

BetAgainstMe2Win
BetAgainstMe2Win
  • Predictions:  530  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 230

03.13.2021 | 1:40 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3388th

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Leon Edwards, TKO, R2
leon itd.

Cirkunov vs. Spann
Misha Cirkunov, SUB, R1
cirkunov itd.

Ige vs. Tucker
Dan Ige, DEC
Ige split decision

Martinez vs. Grant
Jonathan Martinez, TKO, R2
martinez itd.

Nicolau vs. Kape
Manel Kape, TKO, R1
Kape gonna show why he had all this hype on him.

Anders vs. Stewart
Eryk Anders, DEC
DRAW.

Hill vs. Yoder II
Ashley Yoder, SUB, R2
Spidermonkey grabs a sub from a scramble.

Jourdain vs. Rojo
Marcelo Rojo, TKO, R2
just here for the post fight celebration.

Haqparast vs. García
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R1
quick turn around for kelvin gastelum.

Casey vs. Aldrich
JJ Aldrich, DEC
idc.

Yu Frey vs. de Paula
Gloria de Paula, SUB, R1
idc x2

Witt vs. Semelsberger
Jason Witt, SUB, R1
doesn't go to decision..

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

03.13.2021 | 2:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 875th

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Leon Edwards, DEC
I think Belal's quick turnaround could be the factor. Could be interesting if he makes a great account of himself.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Davis410
Davis410
  • Predictions:  2,463  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,934
  • Post Score: 236

03.13.2021 | 2:46 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3136th

Haqparast vs. García
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R1
Watch some tape on Garcia. He isn't very good, really. I'd be shocked if he beats Haqparast.

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,849  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

03.13.2021 | 3:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2639th

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Belal Muhammad, TKO, R3
I had Edwards via Decision, but i changed it! I prefer to support an underdog!

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

03.13.2021 | 6:25 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1217th

Ige vs. Tucker
Dan Ige, DEC
THIS IS THE JUICIEST FIGHT ON THE CARD.

Martinez vs. Grant
Jonathan Martinez, DEC
Ppl forget, Davey Grant holds a win over Marlon "Chito" Vera. Yesss. We are taking it back old school. Talking about 5-ish years ago.

Nicolau vs. Kape
Manel Kape, TKO, R2
Don't let Kape's performance vs. Pantoja fool you. This dude is a stud. And Nicolau is a better matchup that will allow him to showcase his skill a little better. You will eventually see, he's one of the best additions to the UFC flyweight roster that they coulda made.

Anders vs. Stewart
Darren Stewart, DEC
Stewart just has more tools in the kit. The only thing he doesn't have the edge on, is athleticism and the size differential isn't much of an edge for Anders either. I also think Anders has hit his ceiling as far as MMA goes. Still, he might be the most successful of the former football players to transition to MMA..... Minus Crock Lesnar who was actually drafted into the NFL, and Maybe Matt Mitrione. Makes me wonder what Herschel Walker coulda done if he stuck to it.

Jourdain vs. Rojo
Charles Jourdain, TKO, R2
Man... Another former Combate Americas fighter. Rojo makes 3 of em back-to-back-to-back. This fight is definitely NOT on the radar of most, but.... I won't be taking my piss break during this one. Should be a very entertaining scrap. Keywords "Should" and "Be". If you need me to explain, it's simple. ALL of Jourdain's wins, have come inside the distance, 7 of which by KO. Rojo on the other side, hasn't needed the judges in 16 straight fights. Rojo has not seen a judges scorecard since 20-*******-12. Somebody is gonna wake up in a puddle of drool. Confused how they ended up there.

Yahya vs. Rodriguez
Rani Yahya, SUB, R1
Rani Yahya... Man. Where the ****k this dude been. I feel like I haven't seen his name in 2 yrs... Yahya is a tough ask for Rodriguez. Especially after getting tapped by Boom Kelleher You'd think Yahya would make even faster work of Rodriguez.

Haqparast vs. García
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
I've been waiting for Rafa Garcia to get that UFC call after he's laid waste to everyone Combate Americas threw at him. But you wanna talk about a nasty, nasty welcoming party.... Insert Nasrat Haqparast here. Sheeeesh. Rafa has remained unbeaten leaning on being pretty gritty and durable, and also pressuring into oblivion, searching for takedowns, often gassing out in the process. Still, there'a alotta fun fights for Garcia, this just isn't one of them. Not now, not later. Not ever.

Casey vs. Aldrich
JJ Aldrich, DEC
Cortney "Cast Iron" Casey... Definitely not casting any iron. Maybe casting one of the worst win / loss percentages on the entire UFC Roster.

Yu Frey vs. de Paula
Gloria de Paula, DEC
Sooooo, Jinh Yu Frey I guess made the move to Fortis MMA which isn't gonna make her worse. That I promise. However.... She lost to frickin Loma Lookboonmee. I can never back someone after that..... And she's older, 10 years older at all but 36 yrs old. She's shorter, and has shorter reach, against a stronger and more powerful striker. It sounds like the UFC is trying to cut ties with Jinh Yu Frey. She HAS TO get this to the mat in order to save her career from the UFC's chopping block, otherwise, de Paula is just going to melt her with long range, heavy shots. I wouldn't be surprised if de Paula finishes her by strikes.

Witt vs. Semelsberger
Jason Witt, DEC
I gotta say.... I'm a little stumped on this one. I'm pretty familiar with Semelsberger from the local Mid-Atlantic scene, and honestly, I still think he got in the UFC tooo early. I wish he coulda got a few more fights first, but hey... Nothing better than learning on the job. Semelsberger likes to pressure opponents, but he often leaves himself open to takedowns and he's hittable. Even against another guy that shouldn't be in the UFC in Carlton Minus, he still got tagged more than he shoulda. And with Witt, he's pretty basic, but it gets the job done. He's not technical by any means, swings with big hooks and carries his hands tooo low for my comfort, which... You guessed it, makes him hittable. So I would imagine Witt is gonna take down Semelsberger and grind out a D.

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

03.13.2021 | 8:38 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2176th

@stephen, not much honestly. I’m usually just seeing if they look ****** up from their weight cut, other than that I’m mostly mad that I’m doing a face off and not drinking my pedialyte and eating my food. Sometimes with regional fighters their information is really inaccurate, so I’ll be surprised by the face off if they were like 6ft and their info had them listed as 5’ 8”. But usually I’m just thinking about getting back to my food because all my face offs have been 10-20 minutes after I weigh in.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

03.13.2021 | 9:32 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1476th

Belal ain't gonna spoil the party. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

03.13.2021 | 9:41 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 262nd

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier