Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Magny

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,816
  • Post Score: 47

12.02.2020 | 9:53 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Wednesday 01.20.2021 at 09:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Chiesa vs. Magny
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Island 8
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Etihad Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Daniel Cormier, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 244,000 avg. viewers (199k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 14
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Michael Chiesa   defeats   Neil Magny   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Warlley Alves   defeats   Mounir Lazzez   via KO/TKO, Body Kicks to Ground and Pound   2:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ike Villanueva   defeats   Vinicius Moreira   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   0:39 Round 2 of 3, 5:39 Total Bout Page
Viviane Araujo   defeats   Roxanne Modafferi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Matt Schnell   defeats   Tyson Nam   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Douglas Silva de Andrade   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Omari Akhmedov   defeats   Tom Breese   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   1:41 Round 2 of 3, 6:41 Total Bout Page
Ricky Simón   defeats   Gaetano Pirrello   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:00 Round 2 of 3, 9:00 Total Bout Page
Sumudaerji   defeats   Zarrukh Adashev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dalcha Lungiambula   defeats   Markus Perez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Francisco Figueiredo   defeats   Jerome Rivera   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mike Davis   defeats   Mason Jones   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Umar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Sergey Morozov   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:39 Round 2 of 3, 8:39 Total Bout Page
Manon Fiorot   defeats   Victoria Leonardo   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches (standing TKO)   4:08 Round 2 of 3, 9:08 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,430  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

01.20.2021 | 4:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1137th

Chiesa vs. Magny
Neil Magny, DEC
Volume, volume. volume. and sprinkle some pace on top. Magny by Decision.

Alves vs. Lazzez
Mounir Lazzez, TKO, R1
It's been a loooong time since Alves has shown me anything remotely close to promising or that he's evolved any. He's been outta the cage nearly 15 months, and well he can ask Ponzinibbio what long term layoff can do for your timing and mechanics. And then you return against a high level striker. Smh. Not looking good already. Alves would be wise to take him down, butttt.... Alves is hardly a takedown artist. So it's mainly gonna be on the feet. Alves is gonna get chewed up. And then we all know Alves gasses later in fights. Smh some more. Not looking good for Warlley's return.

Villanueva vs. Moreira
Ike Villanueva, TKO, R1
I will forever remember Moreira as "The guy with the massive donker smack dab in the center of his face"... But in all seriousness. This is one of them fights where "someone's O has got to go" and I mean the O that's in the win column. Loser packs his **** and goes to kick rocks.

Modafferi vs. Araujo
Viviane Araujo, DEC
God she's so ******* weird..........

Akhmedov vs. Breese
Tom Breese, TKO, R3
Tom Breese is my dude. I think he's finally... Finally starting to get the mental health issues that have plagued him badly under control. The anxiety has reeeally put a damper on his career. I get it. I struggle with mental health even still (Bet you woulda never guessed it!) so I get it, but some ppl don't understand, what they don't understand. It's just how it is. But if he can figure a way to stash that **** off to the side, oooooh boy. He can start by calling out Strickland and then Brendan Allen then ruin everyone else's day afterwards. He definitely has the skill and intelligence to be in the top 15. I'm thinking Breese by late round stoppage when Omari starts gassing. Which is what Omari does. He wins the first two rounds, and tries to survive the 3rd to the end... Breese won't let him off the hook that easy.

Mudaerji vs. Adashev
Su Mudaerji, TKO, R2
Okay... Just putting it out there, Idc if someone hasn't been fighting elite, top flight opposition until they got to the UFC or not, If you are a 125lb man, and you have crushed 11 outta 13 foes by KO..... That's impressive.

Lungiambula vs. Perez
Dalcha Lungiambula, TKO, R2
Dalcha finally landing in the weight class he shoulda been and maaaan. Is this dude shredded at 85 or what. Wow. Perez is cut from that wild man block. He ALWAYS ends up in these wild fights. And he can take a shot. But, Dalcha was starching guys up a weight class. I would expect that power and explosiveness to still be a factor. Should be a wild round and a half scrap. Don't blink maybe.

Rivera vs. Figueiredo
Jerome Rivera, DEC
Idk... I think with Rivera's size and reach, also the volume and pace he attacks with, will be tooo much for Figueiredo. He's just not the same savage his brother is. Rivera by Decision is the call.

Davis vs. Jones
Mason Jones, DEC
This is this week's flip-flopper for me. I just keep going back and forth. I decide on Davis, and then I see the ways he can be beat so I switch my pick to Jones. But then I see all the ways he can be beaten and I switch back to Davis. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that both of them are pretty durable and can take a shot, so I'm thinking it goes the distance.

Nurmagomedov vs. Morozov
Umar Nurmagomedov, DEC
Ooookay. Take #4 for Umar at the UFC Debut (I do believe it's his 4th attempt at making his debut). I fully expect Umar to grab a comfy decision win here. But I'm not seeing the complete wipeout that the odds are suggesting. Ok. it could be a wash, but I don't think it'll be complete domination. And Morozov packs a punch for a little ****. And he's gonna have to hope for Umar to make a mistake, in order to drop a bomb on him. I think that's the only way he can pull off a win. After last weekend, I'm a little weary of BIG TIME favorites. But this should be a 30-27 on all scorecards for Umar.

Leonardo vs. Fiorot
Manon Fiorot, DEC
Wow.. I'm proud of you guys for doing your homework on Manon Fiorot. Unless you're just picking whoever the fave is. I spent almost an hour trying to tell my buddy this fight will be NOTHING like the Victoria Leonardo / Chelsea Hackett fight from the Contender Series. From what I see in Fiorot, she's got much much better Takedown D than Hackett had, along with better footwork and maybe more power. Leonardo is gonna have to be a bully and make it dirty if she's gonna attempt to win this fight. Otherwise, Fiorot is gonna run circles around her, picking her apart, and maybe even deliver that kill shot to end the night for Leonardo. I just see way more upside in Fiorot, and the UFC will have someone to throw on cards if they ever plan on having an event in France.

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Gunnar
Gunnar
  • Predictions:  2,576  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 66

01.20.2021 | 5:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 562nd

Akhmedov vs. Breese
Omari Akhmedov, DEC
i can see r1 omari too

Simón vs. Pirrello
Ricky Simón, SUB, R2
Easy fight for Ricky. Gonna break this dude.

prod44
prod44
  • Predictions:  90  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 200

01.20.2021 | 7:30 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 608th

Villanueva vs. Moreira
Vinicius Moreira, DEC
lotta wrestling and boringness

Kevin Randleman
Kevin Randleman
  • Predictions:  301  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  433
  • Post Score: 126

01.20.2021 | 7:49 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1022nd

Chiesa vs. Magny
Michael Chiesa
yes

Alves vs. Lazzez
Mounir Lazzez
yes

Nam vs. Schnell
Tyson Nam, DEC
huh

Murphy vs. Andrade
Lerone Murphy
ouch

Mudaerji vs. Adashev
Su Mudaerji
yes

Davis vs. Jones
Mike Davis
mike

Leonardo vs. Fiorot
Manon Fiorot
where

"UNBREAKABLE"

Gyrro Techkidd
Gyrro Techkidd
  • Predictions:  1,478  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

01.20.2021 | 8:05 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1951st

Leonardo vs. Fiorot
Manon Fiorot
Lesgo!!!

"I am the Red Cyclone!!! -Zangief"

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

01.20.2021 | 8:16 AM ET

Jingoistic New Predictions

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 285th

Rivera vs. Figueiredo
I appoint Francisco Figueiredo at -155. He has a reliable mountain bomb. Figueiredo ought to tweak the masterpiece.

Lungiambula vs. Perez
I go with Dalcha Lungiambula at -145. He has an advanced back mount and a glamorous butterfly sweep and also an excellent knife hand block. Lungiambula isn't about to damage the crowd noise.

Chiesa vs. Magny
I fancy Neil Magny at -145. He has a digital stutter step. Magny shall quarantine the adversary. Done!

Murphy vs. Andrade
I select Lerone Murphy at -310. He has a sassy guillotine. Murphy ought to gargle the underdog.

Akhmedov vs. Breese
I have a crush on Tom Breese at -155. He has a wacky left hand. Breese can overpower the achievement.

Nurmagomedov vs. Morozov
I am sticking with Umar Nurmagomedov at -525. He has a homemade high kick and an illogical diet. Nurmagomedov must wobble the bandit. So say we all!

Villanueva vs. Moreira
I believe in Ike Villanueva at -130. He has a wacky high kick. Villanueva will fight the adversary. Hammertime!

Modafferi vs. Araujo
I crave Viviane Araujo at -325. She has a underrated bolo punch. Araujo will likely highlight the masterpiece. So say we all!

Simón vs. Pirrello
I appoint Ricky Simón at -470. He has a sassy check hook. Simón can unsettle the cake.

Alves vs. Lazzez
I take Mounir Lazzez at -245. He has a sincere five point palm exploding heart technique and a fancy training style. Lazzez will bother the corner man.

Mudaerji vs. Adashev
I prefer Su Mudaerji at -460. He has a fabulous ouchi gaeshi. Mudaerji might bury the ring announcer.

Davis vs. Jones
I select Mike Davis at -160. He has a kosher elevator hook sweep and a natural oshi-dashi. Davis isn't about to quench the cutman.

Nam vs. Schnell
I am sniffing Tyson Nam at -135. He has an automatic powerbomb and a resilient triangle choke. Nam shall impair the dark horse.

Leonardo vs. Fiorot
I select Manon Fiorot at -200. She has a sophisticated right hand and a bodacious demeanor. Fiorot will flaunt the dark horse.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Meers222
Meers222
  • Predictions:  18,206  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,587
  • Post Score: 211

01.20.2021 | 8:34 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2428th

Good morning everyone..............at least I think, still waking up but ready for some fights!

"If it's not a challenge, it isn't fun enough."

Blackbet25
Blackbet25
  • Predictions:  8,814  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,089
  • Post Score: 190

01.20.2021 | 8:49 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 648th

"They don’t want a man like me to have the title cause I’m not a puppet like that fool up there."

Hippie
Hippie

01.20.2021 | 8:54 AM ET

rock N roll

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 318th

Strange hours but I don’t mind it.

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,838  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

01.20.2021 | 8:56 AM ET

@Hippie

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1852nd

Ha, right there with you

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

thebluedash
thebluedash
  • Predictions:  6,671  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  773
  • Post Score: 284

01.20.2021 | 8:57 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 395 Points   |   2322nd Place

Almost time bois, good luck for all yall bets. 

"Don't follow my bets, it's probably wrong."

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

01.20.2021 | 8:58 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1680th

Yeah, Manon Fiorot is being criminally overlooked here, and I'm not saying that because I'm French.

I'm not saying Leonardo can't win, but Fiorot can defend takedowns well, is very aggressive and her striking is pretty decent.
Maybe I'm about to eat my words in a few minutes, but I think she will win this one without to much problems.

Now that I think about it, the UFC signed many French fighters recently (Ciryl Gané, Manon Fiorot, Alain Baudot, Nassourdine Imavov, Farès Ziam...). With Ngannou, Volkan Oezdemir, and Zarah Fairn, now they have a decent french speaking roster if they want to do a card in France.

But it would be even better if they could sign the best current french fighters right now, like Sahladine Parnasse (tremendous young talent, KSW lightweight champion), Morgan Charrière (very popular in France, Cage Warriors featherweight champion), Taylor Lapilus (he had a 3-1 run in the UFC, I don't know why they released him in the first place)...
Can't wait for UFC Paris or UFC Marseille, the Bellator event was a little bit disapointing.

Anyway...

Have a good fight card everyone !

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

Jakey1988
Jakey1988
  • Predictions:  21,071  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,389
  • Post Score: 205

01.20.2021 | 9:00 AM ET

7 am az time

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1785th

Let's gooo !! Nice big fight card ..got my tea, my weed, and my picks ready !

"Lets see some ******* action!"

Jakey1988
Jakey1988
  • Predictions:  21,071  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,389
  • Post Score: 205

01.20.2021 | 9:01 AM ET

Firots last fight was awesome

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 1785th

She uncorked a hell of combination to a tko in uae warriors in November im excited to see her in the ufc

"Lets see some ******* action!"

KO2019
KO2019
  • Predictions:  3,517  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  370
  • Post Score: 198

01.20.2021 | 9:01 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 1368th

let's go, redemption time

"They're All On Steroids Bro!"

2021.01.20 9:04 AM ET

Fighter Announcements

Victoria Leonardo vs. Manon Fiorot
Tapology Community Predictions: 2621  
KO/TKO
Submission
Decision
Leonardo
28%
Fiorot
72%
Meers222
Meers222

01.20.2021 | 9:05 AM ET

Barely awake and on my first cup of coffee but.....Here We Go!

2021.01.20 9:07 AM ET

Round 1 In Progress

Victoria Leonardo vs. Manon Fiorot
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

01.20.2021 | 9:07 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 889th

lets start this!
Good morning everyone

* Edited at 01.20.2021, 9:07 AM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

Hippie
Hippie

01.20.2021 | 9:07 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 318th

I like the skirt looking outfit.  Looks more lady like.
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

01.20.2021 | 9:10 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 14 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 1754th

I really wish they would stop over reacting and going 'OHHHHHHHH' just shut up DCROGAN

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Meers222
Meers222

01.20.2021 | 9:12 AM ET

Well I like everything I see from Fiorot so far. Strong and athletic with some crisp striking and diverse style. Leonardo is tough, which we knew so she's still in it.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career