Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,377
  • Post Score: 47

11.16.2020 | 3:59 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.20.2021 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 19
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Derrick Lewis   defeats   Curtis Blaydes   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   1:26 Round 2 of 5, 6:26 Total Bout Page
Yana Santos   defeats   Ketlen Vieira   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darrick Minner   defeats   Charles Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Daukaus   defeats   Aleksei Oleinik   via KO/TKO, Knees and Punches (standing TKO)   1:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Phil Hawes   defeats   Nassourdine Imavov   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Andrei Arlovski   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:09 Round 2 of 3, 6:09 Total Bout Page
Jared Gordon   defeats   Danny Chavez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
John Castañeda   defeats   Eddie Wineland   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Nate Landwehr   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   0:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Casey O'Neill   defeats   Shana Dobson   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:41 Round 2 of 3, 8:41 Total Bout Page
Aiemann Zahabi   defeats   Drako Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   3:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Jared Vanderaa   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:32 Round 2 of 3, 9:32 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,748  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

02.20.2021 | 11:42 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 320 Points   |   Tied for 1752nd

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Curtis Blaydes, TKO, R4
Razor vs The Black Beast. Gonna be a banger. You don't need an analyst to tell you what these two guys strengths are. Can Lewis stall Blaydes wrestling is the question that needs to be answered, if Blaydes takes him down, will he be able to get back up, over and over again? Blaydes wears on these hoes, grinds them down, exhausts them. This is what a dominant fighter looks like. He does what he does best and doesnt give a **** whether you like it or hate it. Lewis is going to HATE it just like everyone else not named Ngannou has. Blaydes by dominance, shutting off the lights via GnP in the 4th.

Vieira vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
This line is way too wide. I always look at the stats and Ketlen Vieira's are not impressive for a fighter who has compiled a 5-1 record in the UFC which obviously is VERY impressive. When we look deeper though we see that Ketlen absorbs more significant strikes per minute than she lands (3.1 landed, 3.98 absorbed) which is a big red flag. Ketlen has only managed to finish 1 of her 5 UFC wins. When we compare the level of competition that Ketlen and Yana have faced so far in the UFC we see that Yana's opponents have a 1.7 to 1 win ratio while Vieiras opponents have a 1:1 win to loss ratio. Vieira has excellent wrestling and I see why the books think she has a good chance to use her wrestling and top game to grind out a win but what if that doesnt work? What will plan B be for Ketlen. I see Yana winning this fight by decision, winning the clinch work, being the better, quicker distance striker. Please dont bet Vieira in the -200's. Remember last week when you thought a grappler named Vieira was a lock? Don't do it son. Bet Yana by decision, its +350, there's value there.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

02.20.2021 | 11:49 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2997th

@hippie theres no stopping this train. Choo choo

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,148  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

02.20.2021 | 11:54 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3119th

@pie2munch

Thanks man! 
The first time i watched MMA was a-bout 5-6 years ago, with some videos with Fedor, 
but the last year a little more intensively!
"Yeeew, dropping in"! 👍 

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

02.20.2021 | 11:57 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2997th

@tartara speaks of the Russian goat him self Fedor! Love those Russians

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

combatsportsja
combatsportsja
  • Predictions:  452  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 208

02.20.2021 | 12:03 PM ET

Dobson's second appearance will be a Nightmare! Jamaica to the World!

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1800th

"The MORE you SWEAT in TRAINING, the LESS you BLEED in a FIGHT"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,148  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

02.20.2021 | 12:13 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3119th

@Xconchris

Ha ha ha! 
Yes, we have a special relationship / preference with the Russians, especially with Fedor & Alexander Emelianenko
(without misunderstanding)!

https://pin.it/rsam03A

Ha ha ha!
Cheers man!

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

SolarCowboy
SolarCowboy
  • Predictions:  2,046  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  156
  • Post Score: 165

02.20.2021 | 12:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1117th

Vieira vs. Kunitskaya
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
vieira coming off knee injury and missed weight.

"Complicated Human in Search of Simplicity"

Hippie
Hippie

02.20.2021 | 12:29 PM ET

🥊

Predictions: 3 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 195 Points   |   Tied for 3240th

14 of 14 Entered  · Locks about 4 hours from now

* Edited at 02.20.2021, 12:32 PM ET *

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,541  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  861
  • Post Score: 169

02.20.2021 | 12:33 PM ET

@Erison

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 1220th

AGREED

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

ClutchHornet
ClutchHornet
  • Predictions:  314  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 188

02.20.2021 | 12:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1438th

Zahabi vs. Rodriguez
Aiemann Zahabi, DEC
didnt like the drako weigh in. changed pick.

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,748  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

02.20.2021 | 12:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 320 Points   |   Tied for 1752nd

Minner vs. Rosa
Charles Rosa, SUB, R3
There are so many all action fights on this particular card. This is definitely one of them. Derrick Minner is 25-11, 22 ******* wins by submission, 1 by KO, 10 of his 11 losses came by finish (8 sub, 2 ko). He is the definition of a kill or be killed fighter, he has Charles Rosa as his opponent who has compiled a 4-4 UFC record and has lost to some great fighters like Bryce Mitchell, Yair Rodriguez and Shane Burgos. Rosa has fought the higher level of competition over his career and has the striking advantage but that wont matter against Minner. This fight is going to the ground and it is going to be exciting once it gets there. Both of these guys have baller submission games and we get the treat of watching these guys go at it. If Bryce Mitchell couldnt submit Rosa I am going to say Minner wont be able to either. Minner goes all out, just look at his record so if he cant get Rosa out of there early I see Rosa outlasting him, winning the later rounds and either winning a decision or submitting an exhausted Minner in the 3rd. This is gonna be fire!

Oleinik vs. Daukaus
Chris Daukaus, TKO, R2
Another fight that is going to be thrilling for as long as it lasts. FDGTD is something bonkers like -550 right now so nobody thinks this is going to see the judges scorecards. There arent a lot of people who see this fight differently. Either Daukaus keeps it standing and KO's Oleinik or it goes to the ground and Daukaus gets subbed. This is Aleksei's 75th fight and if he wins it will be his 60th MMA pro victory. That is incredible. The old man against the young lion, will it be age before beauty or will the youngsta snatch the victory and bring in a new changing of the guard? By the way I can use everything I said above for the Aspinall/Arlovsky fight so I wont. Daukaus is a black belt so I see him surviving the first grappling exchange with Oleinik, then he gets up and knocks out Oleinik. Not betting it though, Aleksei is just too crafty and the conditioning Aleksei showed in his win over Werdum was impressive. Picking Daukaus by 2nd round KO with little confidence.

Imavov vs. Hawes
Phil Hawes, TKO, R1
I'm really impressed with both of these dudes. Bummer they had to fight each other. Lot's of love for Imavov here and I can see why. He looks refined, his striking is crisp and he moves well for a big man. Hawes is pure power and explosiveness. His wrestling is top notch and he carries scary power. Those two advantages almost always come with one big disadvantage attached though. Bad conditioning. That is the knock on Hawes and it reared its ugly head in the second round of Hawes contender series fight against Miley Cyrus's newest admirer. The question I am trying to have answered is can Imavov survive the initial onslaught of Hawes and drag this fight into deeper waters where he should have the conditioning advantage. That is a big if. A really big, fat if man and because of that I am not going to bet this fight and just sit back and enjoy it because both these guys are really fun to watch. I havent seen enough of Imavov to be confident he can survive the early onslaught and I dont remember being impressed with Imavovs 3rd round gas tank in his UFC debut so I'll pick Hawes by 1st rd TKO.

Arlovski vs. Aspinall
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R2
I'm not betting on this fight. There are way too many questions that need to be answered about Tom Aspinall. What will happen when he fights UFC level competition at Heavyweight? What does his gas tank look like when his opponent doesnt crumble when he lands his first punch. What will happen when he fights a crafty veteran with good fight IQ and solid defense? These questions should get answered tonight and then we will know enough about Aspinall to confidently bet him. For all you Aspinall betters consider the level of competition he has faced so far, what will happen when his opponent doesnt go away right away and then remember the Tanner Boser fight and how many tcikets and parlays got trashed because ya'll musta forgot that Arlovski was fighting for championships when this kid Aspinall was in short pants. I honestly hope Aspinall wins and I'm picking him. He's younger, hits harder and is WAY more exciting. I hope he gets him out of there early but no way I'd bet it. Staying away from this fight altogether.

Gordon vs. Chavez
Danny Chavez, TKO, R2
I'm worried about Jared Gordon. His chin issues are well documented and if he can't get this fight to the ground Chavez is going to beat the **** out of him. Gordon looked really slow in his last fight and him missing weight by 5 pounds is a huge red flag for me coming off the layoff and lackluster performance I really thing Chavez is a safe play to keep this standing and get the KO inside the distance. Gordon needs his wrestling game to be on point and his gas tank has to be top notch in order for him to win this fight and that weight miss tells me quite a bit about his physical fitness coming into this fight. I'm worried about Jared. I think Chavez, who trains with guys like Baeza and Colby will have the TD defense and conditioning to win this one pretty convincingly. Chavez by 2nd round KO.

Klose vs. Pena
Drakkar Klose, DEC
This is a fight I have no action on. This is a step up for Pena, he has struggled to excel against low level competition and Klose is better than the guys he has fought so far. He has a suffocating, controlling style that is difficult to deal with. If Klose gas tank and pressure game are on point tonight I see him winning a fairly easy decision against Pena but Pena has some sneaky grappling that Klose will need to watch out for. Klose has good enough wrestling imo to keep the fight where he is most comfortable and because of that I see him getting the nod by decision here.

Wineland vs. Castañeda
Eddie Wineland, TKO, R2
Someone might look at Eddie Wineland's 29% striking accuracy in the UFC and say, "Man, Eddie couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat!" The stat that they would be missing is Eddie's 8 knockdowns in the UFC and 1.5% knockdown percent which is elite for a bantamweight. Eddie's power, and the much higher level of competition he has faced for over a decade in my opinion gives Eddie the edge here. I bet Wineland by KO at +550.

Erosa vs. Landwehr
Nate Landwehr, TKO, R2
Yet another all action fight on this card! This is going to be so much fun. Neither one of these guys seems to have the capability to be in a boring fight. I see this fight taking place on the feet. Erosa is longer, has great knees up the middle, the same kind that shut Nate's lights out in the Herbert Burns fight. Erosa has been chin checked a few times over his UFC tenure and I can see Nate doing the same thing to him. Nate has fought killers in his M-1 career and he looked great in his last fight against Elkins and I think if Erosa took some of the shots Nate landed against Elkins that it would knock him out. I'm picking Nate my 2nd round KO and I bet him to win by KO at +300. Nate The Train!!! LFG!!!

Dobson vs. O'Neill
Shana Dobson, DEC
Too many questions left to be answered about O'Neill. I'm not touching this fight with a ten foot pole. Dobson by decision? I guess?

Skelly vs. Emmers
Chas Skelly, SUB, R2
I'm not betting this fight, line is too wide. Jamall Emmers can find ways to dig deep and find the worst possible ways to give away fights with piss poor fight IQ. That Chikadze fight made me want to puke. Seriously an all-timer when it comes to the dumbest ******* game plan you could possibly come up with. Decide to stand and bang with a champion kickboxer who has no wresting or grappling and Emmers if I'm not mistaken has a top notch wrestling pedigree. If you bet on fighters with no fight IQ you WILL get rinsed so don't come crying to Vic Vinegar when this dude busts all your parlays by deciding to grapple with a cagey veteran like Skelly because I ******* told you. I'm picking Skelly to win in the second, after winning the entire fight up to that point Emmers ****s the bed by diving for a dumb ass takedown when he didnt have to and Skelly snatches his ass in a submission. Emmers needs to fight smart at least once before I'll ever bet him again.

Zahabi vs. Rodriguez
Drako Rodriguez, DEC
Zahabi has shown jack squat so far in the UFC. Drako missed weight by 5 pounds in his debut UFC performance. I'm not betting this fight. These guys are both bums and they should both get cut. Who misses weight by 5 pounds in their first fight? Turrible. I hope Drako wins though because at least he has upside and he goes for it instead of Zahabi's slow, plodding, defensive style. Drako by decision, get your **** together Drako, your in the big leagues now.

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, TKO, R3
Great way to start out the card! I'm a big fan of Spivac. I think he could be a great UFC heavyweight for a long time. Vanderaa is an intriguing prospect. I went back and forth on this fight. I clearly favor Spivac's crisp, straight punches and striking ability over Vanderaas. Vanderaa has a scary top game and has a good BJJ pedigree but Spivac is certainly no slouch on the ground and Spivac survived 3 rounds with Tybura and if Marcin couldnt get him out of there I'm thinking Spivac is a safe pick to win either by late GnP or by decision. I'm going with the polar bear but find it very interesting that after his contender series win Vanderaa specifically called out Spivac, maybe he knows something I don't.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

Miami_EJ
Miami_EJ
  • Predictions:  768  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  56
  • Post Score: 184

02.20.2021 | 12:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 566th

Gordon vs. Chavez
Jared Gordon, TKO, R1
Always wins at 145 and didnt even try to make weight this time, 30% isnt enough punishment for this.

Klose vs. Pena
Luis Pena, DEC
How could you not bet on violent bob ross?

Wineland vs. Castañeda
John Castañeda, DEC
50-50 really.

ShankMasterFlex
ShankMasterFlex
  • Predictions:  3,216  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 208

02.20.2021 | 1:09 PM ET

How could you not bet on Peña?

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1536th

Knowledge of him, and his opponent? 

😁

Watch Peña starch Klose now haha

"This will teach those filthy bastards who's lovable!" - Bender

JackChase
JackChase
  • Predictions:  3,389  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 211

02.20.2021 | 1:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1947th

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Curtis Blaydes, DEC
Blayds is winning 99 times out of 100

Oleinik vs. Daukaus
Aleksei Oleinik, SUB, R1
Oleinik smash

Imavov vs. Hawes
Phil Hawes, TKO, R1
either a first one KO or a decision where both gas

Klose vs. Pena
Luis Pena, DEC
Want Pena but Klose is probably going to win

Skelly vs. Emmers
Jamall Emmers
Like Skelly picking Emmers

Zahabi vs. Rodriguez
Aiemann Zahabi, DEC
not a confident pick

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, SUB, R1
spivak should win but Vanderaa can clip him especially with the weight difference making it harder for Spivak to control Vandeera on the ground

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,638  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  147
  • Post Score: 4

02.20.2021 | 1:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 1582nd

Klose vs. Pena
Drakkar Klose, DEC
Split

ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,257  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  275
  • Post Score: 242

02.20.2021 | 1:43 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1649th

After a week of being stuck inside because nature was an *******, Tonight is something I can look forward to. Hopefully it doesn't suck because a winter storm and a bad ufc card would be pretty ******

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

andreypa
andreypa
  • Predictions:  3,043  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,134
  • Post Score: 82

02.20.2021 | 2:31 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 251st

* Edited at 02.20.2021, 2:32 PM ET *

BurnCard33
BurnCard33
  • Predictions:  12  |  50.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

02.20.2021 | 2:37 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Derrick Lewis
Power will prevail

Jinoman
Jinoman
  • Predictions:  894  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 206

02.20.2021 | 2:48 PM ET

Go GO GOO

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 978th

SolarCowboy
SolarCowboy
  • Predictions:  2,046  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  156
  • Post Score: 165

02.20.2021 | 2:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, DEC
spivak by Ko is +600

"Complicated Human in Search of Simplicity"

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’