Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,365
  • Post Score: 47

11.16.2020 | 3:59 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 02.20.2021 at 05:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Lewis
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 19
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Derrick Lewis   defeats   Curtis Blaydes   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   1:26 Round 2 of 5, 6:26 Total Bout Page
Yana Santos   defeats   Ketlen Vieira   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darrick Minner   defeats   Charles Rosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Daukaus   defeats   Aleksei Oleinik   via KO/TKO, Knees and Punches (standing TKO)   1:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Phil Hawes   defeats   Nassourdine Imavov   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tom Aspinall   defeats   Andrei Arlovski   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:09 Round 2 of 3, 6:09 Total Bout Page
Jared Gordon   defeats   Danny Chavez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
John Castañeda   defeats   Eddie Wineland   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Julian Erosa   defeats   Nate Landwehr   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee   0:56 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Casey O'Neill   defeats   Shana Dobson   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:41 Round 2 of 3, 8:41 Total Bout Page
Aiemann Zahabi   defeats   Drako Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   3:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Serghei Spivac   defeats   Jared Vanderaa   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:32 Round 2 of 3, 9:32 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 11

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,270  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 315

02.19.2021 | 5:10 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1117th

I agree with Xconchris. If you know there's no way you're making weight, just scratch.

Alves walks around at 190. A fit man cutting 20% of his body weight is not something any doctor would recommend. The fight was a tragedy waiting to happen, and I'm glad it's off. Still 14 bouts - not bad.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,065  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,091
  • Post Score: 334

02.19.2021 | 6:22 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2997th

Since the Ukrainian is after me with dummy accounts and downvotes and thinks i care i might as well have fun. Man there sure isnt alot of Russian Fighters on this card! Those Russians really kick ass, such a strong country with rich heritage, nothing like those Brave young Russian fighters, Crimea a river.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Hippie
Hippie

02.19.2021 | 6:24 PM ET

^

Predictions: 3 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 195 Points   |   Tied for 3240th

Haha @ Xcon
Xconchris
Xconchris

02.19.2021 | 6:28 PM ET

@Hippie i can do this for years. I will make a folder of new profile pictures and talk Russian MMA all the time.

Cageside_Chole
Cageside_Chole
  • Predictions:  1,027  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 261

02.19.2021 | 6:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2265th

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Curtis Blaydes, TKO, R4
I think Blaydes will be made to work for the win here. Lewis has a good chin and is at the same sort of level as Blaydes as far as I'm concerned but I don't know if he will survive the later rounds. If it were only over 3 rounds then I might be tempted to pick Lewis for a decision but I don't know if he can put up with Blaydes's power for 5 rounds. He won't make it easy for Blaydes and it should be much closer than a lot of people are expecting it to be. FOTN

Vieira vs. Kunitskaya
Ketlen Vieira, SUB, R3
Vieira weighed in heavier so I think she will use that to her advantage and submit Kunitskaya after wearing her down over 3 rounds

Minner vs. Rosa
Charles Rosa, SUB, R2
It will be close but sooner or later Minner will make a mistake that Rosa will be able to capitalise on and get a submission. I think that is most likely to happen in the 2nd round if Minner starts to relax a little bit and give Rosa the opportunity

Oleinik vs. Daukaus
Chris Daukaus, TKO, R1
Oleinik's most obvious path to victory here is by a submission but Daukaus is good enough to defend any takedown attempts that Oleinik might try and counter them by striking. Oleinik will find himself out of his depth here

Imavov vs. Hawes
Phil Hawes, DEC
This is a toss a coin fight in my view and I think that Hawes will be able to use his power to keep Imavov in check but won't be able to checkmate him. I can see Imavov being on the back foot for most of the fight but having good moments himself and he may win one of the rounds but Hawes will be a bit too much for him here

Arlovski vs. Aspinall
Andrei Arlovski, DEC
Arlovski is going to shock us again and I refuse to be shocked so I'm siding with the old man!

Gordon vs. Chavez
Danny Chavez, TKO, R2
It's an even fight but in this situation, I can't ignore the fact that Chavez is on a 4 fight win streak with 3 of them being KO's

Klose vs. Pena
Drakkar Klose, DEC
This will be Klose!

Wineland vs. Castañeda
Eddie Wineland, DEC
If Wineland were a few years younger then I'm sure he'd get a finish here but Castañeda will be a bit too energetic for him however I wasn't too impressed with Castañeda on his UFC debut so I don't think he can win against someone like Wineland and I'm not sure he's good enough to be in the UFC at all. Because of those reasons, I feel compelled to pick Wineland for a decision here

Erosa vs. Landwehr
Nate Landwehr, TKO, R2
I see this fight as two completely different fighting styles colliding and I think the winner will be determined by who can adapt to their opponent's game plan more effectively and I think that Landwehr will be able to survive Erosa's grappling and find a KO. I think it will be a similar fight to the Oleinik v Daukaus fight with the striker beating the grappler

Dobson vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
Extremely one-sided unanimous decision win for O'Neill here. I expect her to control every single second of this fight

Skelly vs. Emmers
Chas Skelly, SUB, R1
If Skelly gets off to a good start then I can see him finishing Emmers early. The more the fight goes on, the more likely it becomes that Emmers will win a decision but I think Skelly will use his energy effectively at the start of the fight to find an early submission

Zahabi vs. Rodriguez
Drako Rodriguez, DEC
Rodriguez looked good on Dana White's Contender Series but the UFC is a different ball game. This will be a challenge for him but Zahabi seems to be becoming a sort of gatekeeper to test prospects against and I think Rodriguez will pass this test

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, SUB, R2
Vanderaa will make it out of round 1 but he would've used up most of his energy doing so. I'd expect Spivak to capitalise on this in the round 2

"We fall but we get up because the ground is no place for a champion - Dustin Poirier"

Xconchris
Xconchris

02.19.2021 | 6:35 PM ET

Lets talk about Yana Kunitskaya from Murmansk, Russia. What a absolute warrior. How many women do you know that would take their debut fight against Cyborg when Cyborg was dominating WMMA and everyone was terrified of her. Well, this strong RUSSIAN women took the challenge. This Russian Female, who was also the Invicta world champion took that challenge head on. Even thou she lost, she showed the true RUSSIAN spirit and fought bravely against the scariest women in the world at that point. If that doesnt show you how strong these RUSSIAN women are, then i dont know what to tell you. RUSSIA.

Mmcguigan901
Mmcguigan901
  • Predictions:  1,844  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 550

02.19.2021 | 6:39 PM ET

Sometimes the favourite is a favourite for a reason

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 2664th

We all know Curtis is a pretty big favourite heading into this bout with his wrestling repertoire, people will always try and discount the favourite for the mere reason they are the favourite, and that is fair enough, Lewis has some of the hardest hitting hands the UFC has ever seen. It isn't out of the question that Lewis sneaks a puncher's chance in this contest, but in my opinion it is outside of the realm of *likelihood*. Curtis knows the only thing he has to worry about is that right hand which makes the fight infinitely more easier to strategize for. Curtis knows if he can neutralise that overwhelming threat, he controls the fight, which begs the question how? The answer may not be as simple as you think, in that, the immediate takedowns at the start of the rounds will accomplish the goal. We've seen how well Lewis does with grapplers and wrestlers - Oleinik, Gonzaga, Ivanov (whom is a sambo world champion) etc. He tends to easily get up from guard. So is Curtis best to go for an immediate takedown? If Curtis can switch up the striking, teeps, leg kicks, elbows, just provide a different dimension initially to the fight and give Derrick something else to worry about not only will it allow takedowns later in the round to come easier but it'll drain Derrick even more and with the history of cardio he has, that could be bad news for him. Clinch work will be quintessential to Curtis' game as well, keeping Derrick against the cage with little strikes that may not do a lot of damage but drain him mentally knowing the fight is in Curtis' hands, to go a step further if we look at the Overeem fight if Curtis can land some big shots against the cage he may not even need to take it to the ground. Curtis is also a guy who knocked JDS out standing up, his striking shouldn't go under appreciated. Personally, I think Curtis wins this fight anywhere. 

"A prolix rhetorician inebriated by the exuberance of his own verbosity"

Xconchris
Xconchris

02.19.2021 | 6:51 PM ET

@Mmcguigan901 I agree. I even finding myself looking for reasons for someone to loose, even stretching what is possible to fit my prediction. For example, i know X fighter should win but i keep looking for reasons that Y fighter to pull off the upset. I think its sometimes from watching to long and trying to challenge myself and not seek the simplest explanation why a fighter would win.

Especially the Russian Fighters.

* Edited at 02.19.2021, 6:51 PM ET *

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

02.19.2021 | 8:03 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 978th

Jared caught Covid in December and spent the end of the year eating junk food and drinking rum. 

* Edited at 02.19.2021, 8:04 PM ET *

NanaHulaHoop
NanaHulaHoop
  • Predictions:  273  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

02.19.2021 | 8:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 117th

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R5
Lewis cause he has a tattoo

Vieira vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
Because she had red lipstick

Oleinik vs. Daukaus
Aleksei Oleinik, SUB, R1
Because he looks like Daddy (edit: lol 6 year olds)

Wineland vs. Castañeda
John Castañeda, SUB, R1
Because he looks like Benjamin (benjimonkey)

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,656  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

02.19.2021 | 8:15 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2997th

Bet that ticket Nana. You'll be rich.
stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,270  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 315

02.19.2021 | 8:28 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1117th

@Xconchris, what do you think about https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/64137-alyona-rassohyna ? Looks sharp to me.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

thebluedash
thebluedash
  • Predictions:  6,610  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  769
  • Post Score: 283

02.19.2021 | 9:02 PM ET

Who let Ariel Helwani weigh in?

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 332nd

"Don't follow my bets, it's probably wrong."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  40,875  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,250
  • Post Score: 283

02.19.2021 | 9:03 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 625th

@thebluedash

Haven't you heard? He's gonna be fighting Joe Rogan!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,605  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,397
  • Post Score: 305

02.19.2021 | 9:32 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 2798th

i would love to see sellout rogan smash that bug.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

OakPoacher
OakPoacher

02.19.2021 | 10:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 2279th

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R3
Black Beast is gonna win by hammerfist!

Killbot2000
Killbot2000
  • Predictions:  239  |  79.5%
  • Forum Posts:  38
  • Post Score: 158

02.19.2021 | 11:41 PM ET

This weeks bets at PredictionsUFC.com

Predictions: 2 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3443rd

This weeks bets at PredictionsUFC.com

We've always been hesitant when our model spits out a decision bet for a five round fight. Historically though, in two years of data, underdog bets predicting a decision in championship level fights have made good money. Think Jones v Smith (6.25 odds), Usman v Woodley (2.20), Poirier v Holloway (3.00), Hermansson v Souza (5.75), Cerone v Iaquinta (2.62), Jones v Santos (4.1).
Some of our underdog bets this week:

Blaydes v Lewis to go to decision, 3.50 odds
Neither have a recent first round finish. Quite a few decisions between them in their last 8 fights. We predict a far higher chance of a decision than the bookies suggest with odds of 3.50. Definitely worth a bet.

Erosa v Landwehr to go to a decision, 2.15 odds
Only one first round finish for Erosa, none recent for Landwehr. Plenty of decisions between them. Our model predicts an 84% chance of a decision. Worth a bet if you can find odds over 1.38.

Zahabi v Rodrigues to finish, 2.40 odds
We think this line is very undervalued. A steal at 2.60 odds. Well worth an investment here.

Last week
A modest 4 unit gain.

"Bet like an economist"

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,435  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

02.20.2021 | 12:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 3525th

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Curtis Blaydes, TKO, R3
Blaydes grinds it out until he starts to land elbows and gets a stoppage in the back half of the 3rd round

Minner vs. Rosa
Charles Rosa, SUB, R2
Rosa is the better fighter a decision win is most likely but I will give him a decent chance to get a sub. Either way I think he is the pick

Erosa vs. Landwehr
Nate Landwehr, TKO, R3
Landwehr pressure leads to a late TKO. Erosa will get his chin cracked in this fight.

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, SUB, R2
HWT's in a small cage anything can happen but I see this one going to Sergey by sub.

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,119  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

02.20.2021 | 1:00 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3119th

Curtis Blaydes via Nice Haircut    

* Edited at 02.20.2021, 1:29 AM ET *

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,095  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

02.20.2021 | 6:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1703rd

Blaydes vs. Lewis
Curtis Blaydes, SUB, R3
I see Blaydes on his grind. Lewis better make use with his stand-up wisely.

Vieira vs. Kunitskaya
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
I feel like Yana is a bit undervalued. But then again, how she fights could be why.

Minner vs. Rosa
Charles Rosa, SUB, R2
I see Minner going hard like chicken dinner, fail, gas out and tap to Rosa. Like he's done in the rest of his fights.

Oleinik vs. Daukaus
Chris Daukaus, TKO, R1
Oooooh, Oleinik better be careful. Then again, there were spots before that make quick work of him. Oh well.

Imavov vs. Hawes
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
I was going back and forth a bit, but Imavov appears to have a slight shot. But man, Hawes is dangerous round 1.

Arlovski vs. Aspinall
Tom Aspinall, TKO, R1
Eh, I think this one could hurt Andrei a bit.

Gordon vs. Chavez
Danny Chavez, TKO, R2
Chavez is looking great here. But Gordon is a dog also. Hard one to call. The botched cut could go in Chavez's favor.

Klose vs. Pena
Drakkar Klose, DEC
Pena has appeared to slowly show his true potiencial, and it worries me. If Klose still has the fire in him, he gets this done easily.

Wineland vs. Castañeda
Eddie Wineland, DEC
Lovin Eddie here. Sometimes, them older vets just have a shot.

Erosa vs. Landwehr
Nate Landwehr, TKO, R3
What a wild ride. But Erosa's durability could be key here.

Dobson vs. O'Neill
Casey O'Neill, DEC
Cloooooose fight. But I don't think Dobson is making a new run here. Time for a new star, I guess.

Skelly vs. Emmers
Chas Skelly, DEC
Hmm.... A scrapper, or wrestler turned MMA artist? I'll go with the guy who doesn't have fight IQ problems.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family