Topic: UFC 259

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,944
  • Post Score: 47

11.13.2020 | 3:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 259
  • Saturday 03.06.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 800,000 | TV Ratings:
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jan Błachowicz   defeats   Israel Adesanya   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Nunes   defeats   Megan Anderson   via Submission, Inverted Triangle-armbar   2:03 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Petr Yan   via Disqualificaton, Illegal Knee   4:29 Round 4 of 5, 19:29 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Drew Dober   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke From Half Guard   1:37 Round 3 of 3, 11:37 Total Bout Page
Aleksandar Rakić   defeats   Thiago Santos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dominick Cruz   defeats   Casey Kenney   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Yadong Song   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Askar Askarov   defeats   Joseph Benavidez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kai Kara-France   defeats   Rogério Bontorin   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tim Elliott   defeats   Jordan Espinosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kennedy Nzechukwu   defeats   Carlos Ulberg   via KO/TKO, Hooks   3:19 Round 2 of 3, 8:19 Total Bout Page
Sean Brady   defeats   Jake Matthews   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:28 Round 3 of 3, 13:28 Total Bout Page
Amanda Lemos   defeats   Livinha Souza   via KO/TKO, Power Jab to Ground and Pound   3:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Uros Medic   defeats   Aalon Cruz   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee to Ground and Pound   1:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Trevin Jones   defeats   Mario Bautista   via KO/TKO, Lead Uppercut to Ground and Pound   0:40 Round 2 of 3, 5:40 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,798  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,186
  • Post Score: 192

03.05.2021 | 3:08 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 6 Perfect, 750 Points   |   Tied for 54th

Nunes vs. Anderson
Amanda Nunes, SUB, R1
Despite the height advantage I think this will be another highlight like the finishes to Tate, Holm, Rousey and Cris Cyborg (all former UFC champions). Play by Play would be like this: Nunes drops Anderson, then continues with G&P, get the back, Nunes closes a rear-naked choke and Megan Anderson taps. Everything in the first half of the first round.

Yan vs. Sterling
Petr Yan, TKO, R2
After watching the Petr Yan vs. Magomed Magomedov and analyzing the statistics of the Russian in UFC I can conclude that he manages a decent knockdown defense and when Magomedov managed to knock him down he never exposed his neck and Magomedov was in greater danger from an armbar or triangle choke. While the champion's path was easier than the challenger's, Yan handles excellent boxing and Sterling's jaw is considerably questionable. A good Team Serra strategy would be for Sterling to wear Yan down for the first few rounds, then try to grab his back and look for a Standing rear-naked choke. But I think the champion manages great striking and great KO power and those will be the keys to his first successful defense.

Santos vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, DEC
Marreta is unpredictable and manages a good explosiveness, however Rakic always has a great game plan for each fight: leg kicks, displacement and looking for the takedown can be the keys for the Austrian. I don't think Santos has that much of a KO chance, Glover Texeira was able to survive the first and third round scares (and it should be remembered that Glover was brutally Knocked Out by Rumble Johnson and Alexander Gustafsson. Thiago Santos is emotional (which can be both positive but also negative), Rakic is characterized by Fight IQ and sticking to the plan. I think Rakic can even get a KO in the second half of the fight, but he is more likely to take it by decision.

Cruz vs. Kenney
Dominick Cruz, DEC
Cruz is hands down one of the best MMA fighters ever, Solo has been beaten as a promising young rookie by King of the Cage and WEC superstar Urijah Faber (sweeping and creating the bases of the 135 and 145 lbs divisions ), defeated by Cody Garbrandt who made the performance of his life (being also the fighter with the fastest hands and the strongest puncher at that time at 135 lbs) and defeated by Cejudo who was in his best moment. Kenney has good shot volume, but that doesn't work on Cruz, the former champion is very elusive. Dominick Cruz has excellent footwork and takedown defense. Casey Kenney has his weapons, but Dominick Cruz is able to counter each one of them.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Hippie
Hippie

03.05.2021 | 6:24 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2294th

1 more day..  YES!!

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22
  • Predictions:  1,972  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 149

03.05.2021 | 6:58 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2386th

Cruz vs. Kenney
Dominick Cruz, DEC
stick and move cruz. i feel a upset brewing plus dont see cruz losing 3 in a row.

Souza vs. Lemos
Amanda Lemos, DEC
souza lost to a 4 ft 11 girl two fights ago. gie me lemos here

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.05.2021 | 7:22 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2627th

Anyone else kinda nervous about the weigh ins? I just hope everybody made weight but I've got a bad feeling we might lose a couple of fights. It's a great card and there isn't a bad fight to lose so any cancelled fight would be a shame. 

* Edited at 03.05.2021, 7:22 AM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

GodCandy
GodCandy
  • Predictions:  70,253  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 232

03.05.2021 | 8:05 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 3176th

@Stephen Terry i worry about losing a bout anytime  cause it just sucks regardless of the bout in my opinion cause even a bad fight on paper can deliver at times.

"Making mistakes and learning from them is the only way too truly improve"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.05.2021 | 8:15 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2627th

@GodCandy

That's the great thing about MMA is that any fight could be great and with this card especially, it looks like we've got 15 great fights. I'm sure some of them will be either better or worse than expected as there always is with any card but if all of these fights live up to their potential then we will have 15 amazing fights and I'd hate to see any of these go. We just have to hope they've all made weight. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

GodCandy
GodCandy
  • Predictions:  70,253  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 232

03.05.2021 | 8:19 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 3176th

Agreed

"Making mistakes and learning from them is the only way too truly improve"

VAIG FORT
VAIG FORT
  • Predictions:  115  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 200

03.05.2021 | 8:58 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 1 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 3165th

"Com Aneu ? Foorts !!! Vaig Fooort !!!"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,849  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

03.05.2021 | 9:20 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3845th

I have a strange concern that Antesanya
may not be able to gain weight!

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,136
  • Post Score: 333

03.05.2021 | 9:29 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 1020th

60% of tap taking Petr Yan. I really thought this would be much higher. I Think Yan is gonna KO Sterling and make him look silly. We shall see!

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

SOMEONE
SOMEONE
  • Predictions:  31,720  |  68.5%
  • Forum Posts:  348
  • Post Score: 155

03.05.2021 | 9:46 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 2349th

Petr Yan via Violet Backed Starling 3R
Petr Yan is a Junkyard Dog

SAShort
SAShort
  • Predictions:  3,921  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 249

03.05.2021 | 10:43 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 3091st

@NgannouPunch

I can see how it comes off as hating on Sandhagen but I'm not sure if you read my entire post where I gave Sandhagen his props. Now it's entirely okay imo to dislike a fighter in the event he beats one of your favorites. I see you're a Ngannou fan right? What if Miocic wrestles him down and puts on a very effective yet boring lay n pray style of a fight. I'm sure your Fandom of Ngannou would make you dislike Miocic a little bit.  

I might add that Sandhagen's Knockout of Edgar was fantastic and likely to be in the running of KOTY.

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

03.05.2021 | 10:48 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 2212th

@SOMEONE

Peter Yan ::walks out to "Another One Bites the Dust::

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

03.05.2021 | 10:51 AM ET

PREDICTIONS

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3540th

BAUTISTA  K2
Just don't see Jones having the skill to win this one

MEDIC  K1
Would love to see the Contender winners (Ulberg, Medic) get a W in their first UFC bouts, so stoked when a debut ends this way.  Both have the ability to shine in debut, hoping they will both have a brilliant night.

LEMOS  D
LET ME JUST SAY THIS:  I have a bad habit of making some picks based on choosing AGAINST a fighter I personally don't like, or think is overrated.  I am trying to work on this,  It is not going well as you can see,

MATTHEWS  K3
Not a popular opinion I know.  Jake has the power to do what I am pretty confident he will ultimately do.

ULBERG  K1
SEE:  MEDIC

ELLIOT S2
Tim has a maddening habit of eluding the win.  I'm giving Krause credit for having worked on this problem.

BORNTORIN S1
Likely to change this to Kai in last round or DEC

BENAVIDES  D
GONNA SCREAM AND LOSE MY MIND WHEN HIS HAND GETS RAISED!!!!
I So want to see him get a belt before he retires. He's a very good man and truly works his ass off to stay fightready in body and mindset.  Haters gonna hate but I'm all love for Joe.

PHILLIPS S3
Not sure but this is the way I'm leaning thus far.

CRUZ D
"There's No Such Thing As Ring Rust"
So elusive.  Jab and move, counterpunch and circle.  Repeat.  Experience and technique for the W.

RAKIC K3
My assumption here is that Rakic will reduce Santos' leg to toast and catch him with a punch late.

DOBER K2
Based on what Dober CAN do, although I'm hesitant that he WILL.  I'm leaning his way due to the power he packs, and I think he will unleash to his benefit,

YAN K5
Does Yan have more power, precision and technique?  It may be by a thin margin, but I vote yes.

NUNES  S2
On a given day, any great champion can be beat.  I just don't see Anderson being that person.

ADESANYA D
Did I say something about my bad habit?  Someone earlier said it's hard to choose Israel because he's so hard to like, and I agree.  If he can use his speed for a full 5 rounds, he may tire and frustrate Blachkovic.
I said MAY.  Israel could easily get clipped early by overplaying his stylebending. 

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

03.05.2021 | 10:53 AM ET

p.s.

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 3540th

What's the over/under on how many fights we'll lose due to weight or health issues?

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

SOMEONE
SOMEONE

03.05.2021 | 10:57 AM ET

@stuthehistoryguy

Walk out song?

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,383  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

03.05.2021 | 11:00 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 2212th

@SOMEONE

You said he was a Junkyard

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

SOMEONE
SOMEONE

03.05.2021 | 11:11 AM ET

@stuthehistoryguy

HA ha ha, nice 👍!

"Actually i heard this sentence in 
(WEIGTHING IN podcast, 
'he's fighting like a junkyard dog' and i used it)!"

PunkU
PunkU
  • Predictions:  152  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

03.05.2021 | 11:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 0 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 2147th

Błachowicz vs. Adesanya
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R2
Polska Power

Anthony David 24
Anthony David 24
  • Predictions:  502  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 136

03.05.2021 | 12:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2094th

Błachowicz vs. Adesanya
Isreal Adesanya, TKO, R4
The GynoBender is going to out strike "POLISH POWER" and land lethal leg kicks just as he did against Costa, Don't be surprised if this fight gets called even earlier than round four. I believe is is about to prove himself as the best fighter in the world right now, Pending a fight against Jon Jones

Nunes vs. Anderson
Amanda Nunes, KO, R4
Nunes Is going to knock The lights out of this slenderman looking ass chick, and is going to once again have her hand raised at the end of the fight

Yan vs. Sterling
Petr Yan, DEC
Yan will get the better of the striking until Aljo gets finished in this fight. but who knows if Aljo can push the pace is later rounds and keep to the wrestling. Going to be a Kickass Fight forsure.

Makhachev vs. Dober
Islam Makhachev, SUB, R2

Makhachev is going to look to dominate Dober on the ground who by any means is no easy night out, but Islam will keep Russia and AKA on his back as Khabib's retirement awaits.

Santos vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, DEC
Rakic is Better on the ground and I feel as if his striking might be superior too.

Cruz vs. Kenney
Dominick Cruz, DEC
The Dominator is back and ready to lay down a fookin beating, GOODNIGHT KENNEY!

* Edited at 03.05.2021, 12:56 PM ET *

"Giv'em The Three Piece With the Soda"

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 in the works with dates mapped out
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — How Do We Rate UFC Vegas 91?
  • MMA Mania : Usman: Dunking Dana ‘10-7’d The Media’ At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : Iranian MMA Fighter Attacked By Russian Crowd For Kicking Ring Girl, Hitting Opponent With Cheap Shots After Losing
  • Bad Left Hook : Tim Tszyu vs Vergil Ortiz Jr planned for Crawford-Madrimov undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Macy Chiasson added to UFC 303 for International Fight Week
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch famous Hollywood artist grade best and worst of MMA posters
  • UFC.com : The Flyweight Title Picture Comes Into Focus For The Next Month
  • MMA Junkie : Video: MMA fighter DQ'd after projectile vomiting blue liquid in the cage