Topic: UFC 259

UFC 259: Błachowicz vs. Adesanya

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,946
  • Post Score: 47

11.13.2020 | 3:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 259
  • Saturday 03.06.2021 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 800,000 | TV Ratings:
  • MMA Bouts: 15
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jan Błachowicz   defeats   Israel Adesanya   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Nunes   defeats   Megan Anderson   via Submission, Inverted Triangle-armbar   2:03 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Petr Yan   via Disqualificaton, Illegal Knee   4:29 Round 4 of 5, 19:29 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Drew Dober   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke From Half Guard   1:37 Round 3 of 3, 11:37 Total Bout Page
Aleksandar Rakić   defeats   Thiago Santos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dominick Cruz   defeats   Casey Kenney   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyler Phillips   defeats   Yadong Song   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Askar Askarov   defeats   Joseph Benavidez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kai Kara-France   defeats   Rogério Bontorin   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tim Elliott   defeats   Jordan Espinosa   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kennedy Nzechukwu   defeats   Carlos Ulberg   via KO/TKO, Hooks   3:19 Round 2 of 3, 8:19 Total Bout Page
Sean Brady   defeats   Jake Matthews   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   3:28 Round 3 of 3, 13:28 Total Bout Page
Amanda Lemos   defeats   Livinha Souza   via KO/TKO, Power Jab to Ground and Pound   3:39 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Uros Medic   defeats   Aalon Cruz   via KO/TKO, Flying Knee to Ground and Pound   1:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Trevin Jones   defeats   Mario Bautista   via KO/TKO, Lead Uppercut to Ground and Pound   0:40 Round 2 of 3, 5:40 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 10

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,627  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

03.02.2021 | 7:32 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 344th

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

Tjl0106
Tjl0106
  • Predictions:  9,627  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  870
  • Post Score: 169

03.02.2021 | 7:33 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 344th

Yeah I picked Cruz to beat Medic. Problem?

"I kind of try to focus on the moment, in the present. That’s humility. That’s being humble. That’s not setting no expectation. That’s going out there, enjoying the game, competing at a high level.” - Giannis Antetokounmpo"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,849  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

03.02.2021 | 7:42 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 15 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 3845th

@Tjl0106 Ha ha ha

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

03.02.2021 | 7:56 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2627th

@Tjl0106

I've also picked Cruz to beat Medic. My reasoning is that I feel that Cruz has fought better people than Medic did before entering the UFC. Medic looked great on DWCS but then so did Cruz. Sure, Cruz lost his UFC debut to Spike Carlyle but I recon he'd have learnt from that experience. He's learnt the hard way that the UFC is a completely different league to the regionals and DWCS and I think he'd have improved his game accordingly. Sometimes it takes a hard slap to the face to improve a fighter (or several hard elbows in Cruz's case) and I think he's gonna come back stronger. It's certainly not impossible for Medic to win and it should be fairly competitive but I feel more comfortable picking the more experienced fighter. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

03.02.2021 | 8:57 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1688th

IDK, losing in under 2 minutes to some dumb ginger conspiracy theorist who wasn't UFC level doesn't increase my confidence in the guy.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

03.02.2021 | 9:19 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 1016th

Błachowicz vs. Adesanya
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R4
Jan can win this fight the same way Chael Sonnen won 99% of his first fight with Anderson Silva. Will he do it? Or will he get goaded into a striking battle with Izzy, if he does then this could be a really ****** night for Jan, because he's just so slow compared to Israel. Mid and long range he losses this fight 99% of the time barring a punchers chance. But if he bites down on the mouthpiece, tucks that chin, and walks izzy down he can corner him against that cage and win this fight. I'm picking Yan because I dislike Israel's attitude despite having mad respect for his skills, I understand that it's more likely for Israel to wear the Pole down and finish him. But you can't help but want the better man to win. Oh well, I've lost a lot of heart picks won't cry over one more.

Nunes vs. Anderson
Amanda Nunes, TKO, R4
Megan doesn't like getting hit and despite the fact that I think Nunes is a bit overhyped she does hit hard and come forward like a lioness. I don't think Megan has the skilled, but a sharp right as Amanda comes in could see the belt change hands and I wouldn't be surprised. Nunes is a bit reckless as times, almost like she thinks she's invincible.

Yan vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, SUB, R1
Bruh, Aljo is hard as **** to train for. Dude uses some of the most unorthodox transitions and techniques I've ever seen. Aljo has suspect defense, I'm not gonna lie and pretend like he wins this fight everywhere, but I think he has better tools than Yan overall.

Makhachev vs. Dober
Drew Dober, DEC
Nebraska MMA all day. But it's mostly a pipe dream.

Santos vs. Rakić
Thiago Santos, TKO, R1
Hard fight to predict, it just comes down to Santos's mindset I believe. The odds should favor Rakic, because if that absolutely demoralizing loss to Glover took the fire out of Santos then he's gonna be in for a bad night. But I think he's surrounded by a good environment, and since he has a win over Jan, he believes that he can still be champion. Excited to see the outcome here.

Cruz vs. Kenney
Dominick Cruz, DEC
That footwork is something else. I think Casey is a great fighter, top 10 for sure. But will he be able to track Dom around that Octagon? Maybe Dom is slower now and maybe the octagon size will make a difference, but I'm thinking those won't be the deciding factors. I think the path to victory for Casey is to pressure forward and end combinations with vicious leg kicks. But he's not really known for that, he goes to the body well but I haven't seen a lot of leg kick output from him. Fingers crossed for Dom, after this fight I would love to see him fight Jose Aldo on a win or Sean O'Malley on a loss.

Phillips vs. Song
Kyler Phillips, SUB, R2
Song Yadong is a good fighter despite losing to Stamann and Vera. Not mad at those losses since they are some of the strongest gatekeepers in the division and arguably they could still be contenders soon. But I think Phillips has the wrestling and submission chops to chase Song down and snatch his neck.

Benavidez vs. Askarov
Askar Askarov, DEC
Look, you just don't recover from losing your soul 3 times. He got murdered in that octagon, the man is a legend and one of the best uncrowned fighters of all time, but he died on international television. You don't come back from that. And if he does I'll probably cry and curse at myself for doubting him.

Elliott vs. Espinosa
Tim Elliott, SUB, R2
Come on now, Elliott has that funky style man and he's been putting in a lot of quality work with Krause. I think he's refocused and doubled down on his carreer. Vegas is a distracting place for fighters despite having some great gyms there, if you have a bad mindset it can take you outta the game. I think the midwest has honed Elliott just enough to keep that wild-man scrambler under control.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Grogers70426
Grogers70426
  • Predictions:  1,310  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 178

03.02.2021 | 10:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 63rd

Błachowicz vs. Adesanya
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R2
The next double champ KO in the 2nd

Nunes vs. Anderson
Amanda Nunes, TKO, R2
The Queen will destroy the featherweight division

Yan vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, SUB, R2
And new...gonna choke out Yan in either 1st or 2nd but I chose the 2nd

Makhachev vs. Dober
Islam Makhachev, SUB, R2
Makhachev sub 2nd or either decision

Santos vs. Rakić
Thiago Santos, TKO, R2
Hopefully Santos can bounce back after loss to Glover and put away Rakić

Cruz vs. Kenney
Dominick Cruz, DEC
Tough choice but going with Cruz by decision

Phillips vs. Song
Yadong Song, TKO, R2
Song by KO/TKO in the 2nd

Benavidez vs. Askarov
Askar Askarov, DEC
Askarov 29-28 x2 30-27

Kara-France vs. Bontorin
Kai Kara-France, TKO, R2
Kara-France 2nd round KO/TKO

Elliott vs. Espinosa
Tim Elliott, SUB, R1
Elliott sub 1st

Ulberg vs. Nzechukwu
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R2
Nzechukwu KO/TKO 2nd

Brady vs. Matthews
Sean Brady, DEC
Brady decision

Souza vs. Lemos
Livinha Souza, DEC
Souza decision

Medic vs. Cruz
Uros Medic, TKO, R3
Medic KO/TKO 3rd

Jones vs. Bautista
Trevin Jones, TKO, R2
Jones KO/TKO 2nd

"Keep on keeping on"

ryanwilson10k
ryanwilson10k
  • Predictions:  30  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 156

03.03.2021 | 2:07 AM ET

For the Casual MMA Fans

For the people who bring up "Yan has fought nobody" you are shot. First of all everybody in the UFC is good and there is no such thing as an easy path to the title. Outside of the UFC, Yan destroyed Matheus Mattos, who would be top 15/top 10 in the UFC, and also fought an outstanding wrestler in Magomed Magomedov for 10 full rounds. Magomed is a Khabib-like wrestler currently in Bellator right now and if he was in the UFC he would be Top 3 no doubt. Better wrestler than Sterling by a decent margin. And if you actually watch the second fight Magomed had a hard time taking down Yan, while Petr landed some takedowns of his own. Yan has very underrated wrestling and once you see that Aljo can't get him down you will realize it. And for his fights in the UFC; he is the only person to KO Ishihara, made Douglas Andrade quit on the stool(who just fought a very competitive fight with Lerone Murphy that everyone is so high on), dropped Rivera twice, wrecked Faber and beat the piss out of Aldo. So for the people who say that you don't know what your talking about. It's not his fault the UFC matched him up against these guys cuz I guarantee he wouldn't say no to any fighter at 135, nor is he scared of anyone especially someone that is from Long Island lol. This man was born and raise in the depths of Siberia.

* Edited at 03.03.2021, 2:10 AM ET *

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,541
  • Post Score: 262

03.03.2021 | 3:19 AM ET

For Ryan Wilson

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 605 Points   |   Tied for 978th

1st off anyone who uses the word Casual is a toxic fan and I don't value there oppien, Because it make it sound like a you tube comment section . Yan only beat old fighter and  Nobodys. I find it kinda ******** that Yan is champ right now and not Aljoman. Yan belt is made from paper because Beating old men Aldo in close fight compare to beating guy who will Owend the current champ in Sandhagen  in under a minute doesn’t . But battamweight title picture have alway been retarted

* Edited at 03.03.2021, 4:10 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

rapidaveo
rapidaveo
  • Predictions:  39  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  95
  • Post Score: 143

03.03.2021 | 4:58 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4740th

@Tieoken how can you write that Song lost 2 fights. After all, you wrote earlier that there is no corruption in the UFC
Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

03.03.2021 | 9:38 AM ET

Predictions: 11 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 1016th

@Rapid, I'm trying to understand your comment. You're implying that my admission that I believe Song should have lost his last two fights indicates that I de facto accept that there is corruption in the UFC? 

Firstly, I absolutely believe there is corruption in the UFC in a sense. Mostly in matchmaking, but also in pay and incentives and other intangibles. I'm not sure where I ever said there was zero corruption, if you can point out to me where I said that I'll slap the **** out of myself.

Secondly, bad judging does not constitute corruption. I'm balls deep in the MMA world and you know who most judges are? Boxing judges, or people with 0 MMA experience who get a judges card to base their criteria off of. It's stupidly easy to get certified by a local athletic commission. Most judges are incompetent and/or ******** people with some generic form of sports background. Fortunately Nevada has some of the better judges in the US, so more or less they get it right. But yeah I definitely think the judges botched those two score cards in favor of Song's striking output because they don't understand how to value wrestling/grappling.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22
  • Predictions:  1,972  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 149

03.03.2021 | 9:39 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2386th

Błachowicz vs. Adesanya
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R3
i see izzy having suscess early then relaxing for just that split moment that jans lands that bomb he's been looking for. i dont think the fight makes it to the 4th round.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,136
  • Post Score: 333

03.03.2021 | 9:43 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 1020th

@tioken. 100% agree

* Edited at 03.03.2021, 9:43 AM ET *

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

dirtyreg22
dirtyreg22
  • Predictions:  1,972  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 149

03.03.2021 | 11:42 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 2386th

Brady vs. Matthews
Jake Matthews, DEC
i'll take a stab with the underdog simply off of level of competiton he has fought compared to brady's level of competition he's fought.

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

03.03.2021 | 12:00 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 9 Winners, 2 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 2827th

I want to see this main event fight finishing by submission

* Edited at 03.03.2021, 12:00 PM ET *

"****."

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

03.03.2021 | 12:00 PM ET

Prediction comments

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 2739th

Took a delinquent approach this week because every broadcaster/reporter will be talking about the three title fights. 
Only one of the picks is on the main card, rest are prelims. 

https://www.delinquentmma.com/post/ufc-259-b%C5%82achowicz-vs-adesanya-fight-predictions

"Delinquent MMA"

Hippie
Hippie

03.03.2021 | 2:22 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 3 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 2294th

ZoomerBet
ZoomerBet
  • Predictions:  2,962  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,135
  • Post Score: 269

03.03.2021 | 2:41 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 15 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 3187th

Phillips vs. Song
Yadong Song
Song wins another controversial SD

Brady vs. Matthews
Sean Brady, DEC
Love seeing all the talent coming out of Philly recently

"Excuse me guys, I want to say something. I want to stay humble, but I have to talk because you guys talk too much"

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

03.03.2021 | 3:11 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 15 Winners, 5 Perfect, 780 Points   |   24th Place

259 FACE THE PAIN dropping within 15 mins... keep an eye out

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

03.03.2021 | 3:18 PM ET

BOUT BETS UFC 259 PICKS Pezzie's Picks

Predictions: 10 of 15 Winners, 4 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 475th

"never tell me the odds."

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new bout between ranked fighters for McGregor vs. Chandler card
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White's Contender Series, Season 8 in the works with dates mapped out
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — How Do We Rate UFC Vegas 91?
  • MMA Mania : Usman: Dunking Dana ‘10-7’d The Media’ At UFC 300