Topic: UFC 254

Time for the Eagle to soar!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

theredpilljar
theredpilljar

10.23.2020 | 1:37 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 585 Points   |   Tied for 1124th

Nurmagomedov vs. Gaethje
Khabib Nurmagomedov, SUB, R4
After the passing of his father, Khabib has never been more focused. He remains connect to his father by fulfilling his last wish, and that was for him to retire 30-0 undefeated. This means more than life itself to Khabib because it was his fathers last wish. You will see the best version of the Eagle till date and even though Gaethje is a stud, and a hard working humble guy, he will be taken to a place where no UFC fighter has ever been, and that is into the iron grip of Khabib, squeezing his life, for the sake of his fathers name and legacy. His legacy and success is his fathers, and he will not allow himself to tarnish his fathers name with a loss.

Whittaker vs. Cannonier
Jared Cannonier, TKO, R2
Whittaker is a stud, cmon! He went 10x Rnds with the Soldier of God, Romero. But also for this reason I think he's gonna loose this fight because you don't walk the same after 10x rnds of Romero throwing sledge hammers to your head. I think Whittaker's chin is worn a bit - Till dropped him as well - and Cannonier has some real power. He is super humble (Whittaker is humble as well), and he looked real impressive his last fight. I am gonna go with the Killa Gorilla to catch the Reaper and teach him the true meaning of his name.

Volkov vs. Harris
Alexander Volkov, TKO R3
Harris could easily sell/punch his big ticket by getting that 1st Rnd TKO but can you really put your money on that 1st Rnd? I don't like the odds, so I am playing it safe with the better and more experienced fighter in Volkov. Also he has only been Ko'ed like x2 in 39 fights and one of them was from the Black beast so no shame in that. Harris has a suspect gas tank and when he gets tired those punches are not gonna be feeling good.

Hawes vs. Malkoun
Phil Hawes, DEC
Hawes looked also good in weigh-ins and Malkoun looked like he shouldn't even be there, but I heard he trains with Whittaker, so I say he makes it to the bell and gets some valuable UFC exp.

Murphy vs. Shakirova
Liliya Shakirova, DEC
Murphy looked good in weigh-ins and shes fighting somebody making her UFC debut. Why is this even on PPV? I dunno. Anyhow can't pick the new comer, even though she can reportedly pick up girls and slam em.

Ankalaev vs. Cutelaba II
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R3
I really wanna pick the Hulk by 1st Rnd Torso Rip, but becasue I want to get this right I am leaving all emotions aside and I think Cutelaba is gonna get tired and Ankalaev will put him away.

Struve vs. Tuivasa
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Bam Bam has gas for about 1 Rnd and Struve has a chin for about 1/2 a Rnd so after doing the math Bam Bam gets a TKO half-way through the first Rnd.

Kenney vs. Wood
Casey Kenney, DEC
Two hot guys making head way in the UFC, coming together for a battle of the Bantams. Kenney just looked so good last fight that I think he will be able to beat Wood, who is also super-game.

Oliveira vs. Rakhmonov
Alex Oliveira, DEC
Cowboy looked good last fight. I mean damn good. Can't pick against what I last saw. The hot prospect in Rakhmonov is making his debut but man does cowboy have a mean attitude and he is also tough as nails, not to mention how crafty he is when hes in the octagon.

Jung vs. Alvey
Da Un Jung, TKO, R3
Its a hard match up when old school vets go against up coming talent. The young guns usually have the athletic advantage and there's no worse feeling then being tired in a MMA fight. I see Jung out-pacing Sam all day long, wearing on him, and eventually taking him out.

Jojua vs. Maverick
Miranda Maverick, SUB, R2
I haven't seen tape on Maverick myself but what Ive heard is that she is a beast. So we have a beauty and the beast match up, and I think the beast in Maverick is gonna be too much for Jojua to handle.

Alvarez vs. Yakovlev
Joel Alvarez, SUB, R2
Alvarez has got some nasty chokes in his arsenal and I see him catching Yakovlev in one of them.
UFC 254
  • Saturday 10.24.2020 at 02:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Fight Island
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 675,000 | TV Ratings: 343,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Khabib Nurmagomedov   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via Submission, Triangle Choke   1:34 Round 2 of 5, 6:34 Total Bout Page
Robert Whittaker   defeats   Jared Cannonier   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Walt Harris   via KO/TKO, Kick to the Solar Plexus   1:15 Round 2 of 3, 6:15 Total Bout Page
Phil Hawes   defeats   Jacob Malkoun   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lauren Murphy   defeats   Liliya Shakirova   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:31 Round 2 of 3, 8:31 Total Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Ion Cutelaba   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:19 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tai Tuivasa   defeats   Stefan Struve   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Casey Kenney   defeats   Nathaniel Wood   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Shavkat Rakhmonov   defeats   Alex Oliveira   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Da Un Jung   vs.   Sam Alvey   Ends in a Draw, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Miranda Maverick   defeats   Liana Jojua   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (cut)   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joel Alvarez   defeats   Alexander Yakovlev   via Submission, Armbar   3:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff
  • MMA Mania : Ankalaev In October? ‘I Want To Fight Sooner’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira's 'deficiency' in particular skill set to Ben Askren's
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard