Tapology Forums

Neil Magny appears to have accepted the Chimaev fight.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.14.2020 | 9:37 PM ET

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 16 hours, and 6 minutes from now.

Responses

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,158  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,140
  • Post Score: 138

10.14.2020 | 11:51 PM ET

Hmm is neil gonna ragdoll this hype train or get flatlined.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.15.2020 | 12:05 AM ET

Good question. Magny is no joke and has looked great lately.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 6 days, 16 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,351  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  5,879
  • Post Score: 172

10.15.2020 | 12:47 AM ET

Going with Neil here. I'm not on board with the Chimaev hype train at all.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.15.2020 | 1:07 AM ET

My instinct says Chimaev. I think he's too scrambly for Neil to do what he did Lawler. Wouldn't surprise me to see Magny on the bottom eating shots either.

Excellent test for Chimaev regardless. If he blows though Magny like everybody else I'm going to assume he's the future champ.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,728  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,479
  • Post Score: 262

10.15.2020 | 1:08 AM ET

I think Khamzat is very good and I think the Magny fight is actully a fight that make sense because Edwards and Wonderboy are to high ranked to fight an Unranked guy because Chimiev fought Cans so he could be not as good, So Magny a good test because hes a good fight and a good gatekeeper. but I do  think Borz gonna do mankind a favour and beat Snoozmen because he literly 10-7 a round vs  can 1 and knock out can 3 in 17 secound standing. 

I still think they be value on Magny because he be like +500 while he should be +200

* Edited at 10.15.2020, 1:10 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

NoChin
NoChin
  • Predictions:  1,821  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 227

10.15.2020 | 8:22 AM ET

Should be a great fight. I have been a big fan of Magny for quite a while now. I really like the presssure that he fights with and think he will not only be able to eat most of what Chimaev can throw, but will also be able to avoid a lot of the positions where he can get beat.

If Chimaev gets him down and has his legs locked up it will obviously be brutal to see Magny try and maneuver out but he may not necessarily need to. I am sure Chimaev has excellent conditioning, but you have to imagine that Magny will look better and better as the rounds go on. Surviving is not going to look pretty, but I think it is something that Magny can certainly do. Then rounds 3/4/5 he could take over.

I am taking Magny even though I am a huge fan of Chimaev as well. At 170 I do not think we are going to see Chimaev knock out guys like he is able to at 185. The line is going to be at worst +250 but we can probably get up to +400 on Magny near close, which is the best value you’ll ever see on a guy. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago BernabĂŠu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’