Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,989
  • Post Score: 47

10.02.2020 | 3:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.19.2020 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 17
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 413,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Stephen Thompson   defeats   Geoff Neal   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
José Aldo   defeats   Marlon Vera   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Khaos Williams   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rob Font   defeats   Marlon Moraes   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Marcin Tybura   defeats   Greg Hardy   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:31 Round 2 of 3, 9:31 Total Bout Page
Anthony Pettis   defeats   Alex Morono   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pannie Kianzad   defeats   Sijara Eubanks   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deron Winn   defeats   Antônio Arroyo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Taila Santos   defeats   Gillian Robertson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tafon Nchukwi   defeats   Jamie Pickett   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jimmy Flick   defeats   Cody Durden   via Submission, Flying Triangle Choke   3:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Christos Giagos   defeats   Carlton Minus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 7

SirVarelaBJJ
SirVarelaBJJ
  • Predictions:  3,430  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 116

12.14.2020 | 1:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 511th

Winn vs. Arroyo
Antônio Arroyo, SUB, R2
Just cut some weight, main... *** are you doing?

"It was a beautiful day to die" - Michael Bisping

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.14.2020 | 2:23 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2613th

Khamzat it not fighting on this event, I thought he was fighting Leon on January 20th,

"Quack quack quack"

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

12.14.2020 | 2:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1309th

Thompson vs. Neal
Geoff Neal, TKO, R2
The only time Thompson struggles is against southpaws, and Neal is one of the best there is. I hope he gets a title shot soon

Pereira vs. Williams
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
This fight has all the makings of an insane brawl, but so did Williams' last two fights and we saw how that went. I'm betting on more of the same, Pereira gets blasted while thinking about some cool **** to do.

Moraes vs. Font
Rob Font, DEC
I understand people picking Moraes but I think Font wins this. He's never been KO'd, he's bigger than Moraes, and he's more active with strikes and takedown attempts.

Tybura vs. Hardy
Marcin Tybura, DEC
I really hope with his experience, Tybura can turn this into a grinding slog that saps the KO power from Hardy. I want hardy to lose many boring fights and get cut because nobody likes him and the fan base never grows.

Robertson vs. Santos
Gillian Robertson, TKO, R2
I lost a good chunk of change when santos beat mccann so this is a hopeful, spiteful pick haha

Pettis vs. Morono
Anthony Pettis, DEC
Another hard one to call. I think Pettis gets it done with volume and accuracy, and he's only the second southpaw Morono has ever faced.

Muhammad vs. Lima
Belal Muhammad, DEC
I can't stand Belal, such an annoying *********. But he has the advantage in this fight everywhere except height and reach.

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
If I had to guess, I'd say this is the closest fight on the card. I expect a split decision with everyone shrugging

Roberson vs. Lungiambula
Dalcha Lungiambula, TKO, R1
Glad to see Lungiambula moving down to 185, 5'8" is not tall enough for LHW. This dude is a machine and I expect either a knockdown to GnP or a straight judo slam KO

Nchukwi vs. Pickett
Tafon Nchukwi, TKO, R2
What happens when Nchukwi can't get the KO? Does he gas out? We might find out eventually but I don't think this is it.

Glenn vs. Minus
Rick Glenn, DEC
experience

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

magestratu
magestratu
  • Predictions:  253  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 149

12.14.2020 | 3:01 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 3155th

Someone please explain why do you think Marcin Tybura will win, but explain with particular and specific details of the attributes that can defeat his oponent in this match Greg Hardy, I will have to ask to reply to only those who can explain based on logic and arguments and not on passion or who you want to win

Because if you ask me this is a clear win for Greg Hardy if you ask me why I think that I will explain otherwise I won`t I just want your opionions because I see the comunity goes 57 % on Marcin, ***

* Edited at 12.14.2020, 3:03 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550

12.14.2020 | 3:17 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1309th

@magestratu nobody owes you a god damn thing, quit talking like they do. Hardy is going to lose this fight because his mediocre, basic boxing isn't going to land on an experienced fighter like Tybura, and he's going to gas out while Tybura rides him on the fence for the first half of the fight. Tybura takes over late and outpoints him. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

magestratu
magestratu

12.14.2020 | 4:00 PM ET

For me it is important to see how you see it, the opinion of the comunity matters for my bets, so pro betters what do you think ?
JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

12.14.2020 | 5:26 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 135th

Thompson vs. Neal
Stephen Thompson, DEC
I have the impression the UFC tried to punish Thompson for not accepting the Chimaev fight... Fighting on the co-main under Chimaev-Edwards was a big insult, (more appropriate matchups would have been Edwards-Thompson in the main, then Neal-Chimaev in the co-main), and Neal is a very tough fight but with no name recognition, it's high risk low reward for Thompson... Well at least now that Edwards got COVID, he's the main event. Hope the last fight of the year is a fun one to watch, but win or lose Thompson almost always delivers !

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

HiDefff
HiDefff

12.14.2020 | 5:27 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1468th

Half of the community is picking with their heart and unwilling to forgive Hardy for his past. those same people slobber Conor's knob like its their second job. Theres a solid % of people who pick against Hardy every single fight because to them its somehow immoral to root for someone who made a mistake they don't deem forgivable. 9/10 times you'll find those same people with a bible verse tatted on them somewhere.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.14.2020 | 5:42 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2613th

@hideff  I think Hardy is not a top fighter like Mike Tyson or Conor so people care about his action. Remberber Mike Tyson Rapped a girl in the 90s. 2pac Rapped a chick and had to write one of his albums in prison. No one care if you touch children if you can Moonwalk and  made the Thriller and Bad album. It sad but true. Talent is more importand then the crime you do

* Edited at 12.14.2020, 5:48 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546

12.14.2020 | 5:51 PM ET

Marcin Tybura   vs.   Greg Hardy  

First up let me just say I'm not a fan of Tybura. Always talking about he knows ' the secret' to winning against so and so. Frankly the only secret I can believe the fat **** is privy to is the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices. He should have enough to at least decision Hardy though who is genuinely terribad however. Only people Hardy can get through are his girlfriends and fat drunks.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 3 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
HiDefff
HiDefff

12.14.2020 | 5:56 PM ET

@duck not sure if you watch football but in 2013 Hardy was at the top of the game. Pro bowler and second team all pro. He was great at what he did and was still condemned. but to your point I do think for some weird reason most people see **** charges not nearly as bad as hitting a woman. like if Tyson or Conor face **** charges the general consensus would be "oh that ***** just wants money" but if she said she got hit by them they're now the scum of the earth.
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,779  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

12.14.2020 | 6:15 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 419th

i dont believe tyson ****d givens, imo that was a complete and total set up.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.14.2020 | 6:18 PM ET

@Phil maybe maybe not. We'll never know. The forensic report was consistent with ****. I can definitely see how a superstar Boxer wouldn't take no for an answer.

Tyson's defense was basically that he had a huge **** but..well, babies come out of there. And **** has shown me things.

* Edited at 12.14.2020, 6:21 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 3 hours, and 6 minutes from now.
HiDefff
HiDefff

12.14.2020 | 6:53 PM ET

what about the Desiree Washington ordeal 
phillip53
phillip53

12.14.2020 | 7:18 PM ET

come on, she goes to his room at like 1am in a skimpy clothes and temps him into it and then tries to make him stop? this is even worse than the robin givens case. extortion attempt straight up.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.14.2020 | 7:24 PM ET

Well yeah, I mean she knew what she was there for. But it's still **** if at any point she said no and he kept plowing her. Thems be the rules.
BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

12.14.2020 | 7:29 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1468th

Thompson vs. Neal
Stephen Thompson, DEC
experience will win this fight, pettis pulled a bunny out of a hat, other loses high level af. wonderboy with decision

Aldo vs. Vera
José Aldo, DEC
aldo by experience

Pereira vs. Williams
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
people from detroit can fight , perriera gon do a trick n get koed

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,257
  • Post Score: 136

12.14.2020 | 7:29 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 2974th

Point is there are a lot of *******s in combat sports, I won't defend any of them you hurt women you are pathetic end of story.
I think hardy will get lucky and clock ty, he has had 2 or 3 early stoppages already so expect another.
And some brainless fanboy will rave how great his striking is and how good he looked in tights etc.
I hate early stops, my biggest pet peeve with Herbal Dean.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

phillip53
phillip53

12.14.2020 | 7:36 PM ET

maybe thats the rules in todays sjw world but not in 1991. 

magestratu
magestratu

12.14.2020 | 7:55 PM ET

HiDeff, Imperator and Josh I thank you for your analysis

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Islam Makhachev not excited by potential Max Holloway matchup – not yet, at least
  • MMA Mania : Full PFL Uncasville Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler official with 7 fights booked so far
  • MMA Mania : Bull-Riding Cerrone ‘Rushed Into Surgery’
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara gets replacement opponent for Combate Global debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Caio Borralho questions why Paulo Costa can’t fix ‘basic’ mistake that led Robert Whittaker loss
  • MMA Mania : How, When To Buy Tickets For UFC 303