Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,954
  • Post Score: 47

10.02.2020 | 3:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.19.2020 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 17
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • TV Ratings: 413,000 avg. viewers (ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Stephen Thompson   defeats   Geoff Neal   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
José Aldo   defeats   Marlon Vera   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michel Pereira   defeats   Khaos Williams   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rob Font   defeats   Marlon Moraes   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Marcin Tybura   defeats   Greg Hardy   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:31 Round 2 of 3, 9:31 Total Bout Page
Anthony Pettis   defeats   Alex Morono   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Pannie Kianzad   defeats   Sijara Eubanks   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deron Winn   defeats   Antônio Arroyo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Taila Santos   defeats   Gillian Robertson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tafon Nchukwi   defeats   Jamie Pickett   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jimmy Flick   defeats   Cody Durden   via Submission, Flying Triangle Choke   3:18 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Christos Giagos   defeats   Carlton Minus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 14

ASwaim3
ASwaim3
  • Predictions:  137  |  50.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 182

12.19.2020 | 1:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1309th

Thompson vs. Neal
Geoff Neal, TKO, R2
Feel weirdly confident for a pick 'em. Wonderboy has been dropped in 4 of his last 6 fights, and Neal may have the best combo of power/volume/efficiency as a striker at welterweight.

Aldo vs. Vera
Marlon Vera, DEC
Aldo has been weirdly hesitent since moving to bantamweight. I think Vera outpoints him moving forward and being willing to get hit. O'Malley would be a -175 fav here...not sure why Vera is the dog.

Pereira vs. Williams
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
Lethal power against circus clown. I'm going to bet on the mistake.

Moraes vs. Font
Rob Font, DEC
Faded Moraes his entire tenure in UFC. Dude is wildly inaccurate and punches himself tired. If Font's health stays in order, think he handily takes a meh decision fight.

Tybura vs. Hardy
Greg Hardy, TKO, R1
I guess, as a fantasy player, I'm voting for fantasy relevance in this fight. There is the possibility Tybura wins with ugly top control, but Hardy is so much faster and more athletic, and has done better than expected getting back to his feet when taken down. Round 1 smesh.

Pettis vs. Morono
Anthony Pettis, TKO, R1
This is so weird...I can't find anyone confidently straight picking the -230 favorite? I know Pettis has looked bad against Cowboy/Tony, but Morono hasn't beaten UFC level competition in a while.

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
Their striking efficiency is about even on the feet. Pannie won't be able to tap Eubanks all fight like she did Bethe with the reach advantage. Sarj has that really nasty combo of smaller height/larger reach that finds weird angle, plus is the way better grappler.

Winn vs. Arroyo
Deron Winn, DEC
People are selling Deron Winn stock before we've even seen him with the right matchup in UFC. He's had to box three times and has honestly done okay given the circumstances. This time, Arroyo has been taken down at least twice in each fight and could have Winn planting him on his butt for 15 minutes.

Robertson vs. Santos
Taila Santos, DEC
Robertson is so bad on the feet. She got tattooed by Casey to a point where she had to shoot for empty takedowns. Santos is not only stronger in defensive wrestling but also way better as a striker. Neither of these guys have beaten anybody, so anything is possible.

Nchukwi vs. Pickett
Tafon Nchukwi, TKO, R1
Where did he find 20 pounds to cut? WHERE? Unless his speed is much worse than before, this will be quick.

Flick vs. Durden
Jimmy Flick, SUB, R2
Easily the best BJJ we've seen on the Contender Series. Think Durden gives him exactly the fight he wants too. Close quarters. Don't trust Durden to not make a mistake in 15 minutes. Flick should be ranked after this as a flyweight Ryan Hall.

Minus vs. Giagos
Christos Giagos, DEC
I weirdly kind of liked Minus against Glenn on size? Now, Giagos steps in here and assuming his shape is fine, there's just different levels to this game. Minus hasn't been exposed to anything close to what Giagos has routinely seen in UFC to this point. Don't know if he can finish the durable Alaskan, but I like him.

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

12.19.2020 | 1:57 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1557th

VicVinegar
VicVinegar
  • Predictions:  1,786  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  96
  • Post Score: 252

12.19.2020 | 1:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1936th

Thompson vs. Neal
Stephen Thompson, TKO, R4
As a whole this card is going to be very difficult to pick, so many close fights. This is a big step up in competition for Neal. Its the old guard vs. the young buck. Neal's recent health scare has me leaning towards Wonderboy here. Both of these guys have fantastic striking defense but Thompson is by far the most polished striker Neal has faced to date. I doubt grappling factors into this bout at all. I think Wonderboy gets it done ITD in the championship rounds by KO.

Aldo vs. Vera
José Aldo, DEC
Aldo doesnt appear to be going anywhere. He took a horrific beating against Yan last time out but I still think he gets the job done here. He's better on the feet than Vera and his TD defense is still legit so I doubt Vera can get his grappling going if Aldo is outworking him on the feet. Aldo wont break like O'Malley did. Aldo by unanimous decision.

Pereira vs. Williams
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
This should be all action. Cant wait to see this one. Not betting this one at all so I can just sit back ad enjoy. Pereira makes too many mistakes in my opinion to last 3 rounds with Khaos and that insane power of his. Pereira finds ways to lose and thats a bad recipe against a guy like Khaos. I think Khaos finds his chin and sleeps him.

Moraes vs. Font
Marlon Moraes, DEC
I think Moraes finds a way to pull this one out. He is the kind of fighter Font has lost to in the past. I think Moraes wins the early rounds and probably wins a decision here. Both these guys are great on the feet, going to be fun to watch.

Tybura vs. Hardy
Marcin Tybura, SUB, R1
This one is so hard to pick. The key to this fight is if Hardy can defend Tybura's takedowns. If Hardy keeps it standing he probably wins, if Tybura gets it to the mat he will most likely drown Hardy who doesnt have close to the kind of grappling pedigree Tybura brings to the table. I think Tybura finds the TD and gets his first UFC submission win. Tybura +550 by submission is something I am taking a shot on.

Pettis vs. Morono
Anthony Pettis, DEC
This is too big of a step up for Morono IMO. I'm definitely not betting this one because its hard to trust Pettis at this point in his career. I dont hate Morono at plus money, especially +190, however, I can't come to the conclusion that Morono can win a striking battle with Pettis even if he outworks him. I'm taking Pettis by close decision here with very little confidence.

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
Striker vs Grappler. Kianzad has shown great TD defense thus far in the UFC and it will surely get tested against Eubanks. Eubanks conditioning has shown to be much better recently so maybe she can implement the wrestling heavy gameplan necessary to grind Kianzad down. I think Eubanks gets it done by decision.

Winn vs. Arroyo
Antônio Arroyo, TKO, R3
Arroyo is probably my most confident pick on this card. He's better everywhere, much bigger, hits WAY harder and has the better conditioning by a mile. Winn not having to cut weight could be a sneaky advantage for him this time around though but I highly doubt Winn will be able to lay and pray against someone the size and strength of Arroyo. I think Arroyo breaks him.

Robertson vs. Santos
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R2
Another very close striker vs grappler contest. Which Santos shows up this time? The killer that destroyed Molly McCann or the shell of a fighter that lost to Borella? The same Robertson shows up for every fight. Gillian is a savage and she sells out for her wrestling and grappling. If Santos doesnt bring her A game like she did against McCann Robertson will drown her for sure. Even if she does she might not be able to swim in the deep end with Robertson. I'm taking Gillian by 2nd round sub. The bet I'm making though is the FDGTD at +110. If Santos can stop Robertsons TD's she definitely is live for a KO.

Nchukwi vs. Pickett
Tafon Nchukwi, TKO, R3
This Nchukwi dude is scary. Now he's coming down a weight class. Pickett is tough as nails though so Nchukwi probably wont just walk right through him and you cant ignore the MMA experience advantage Pickett has over Tafon. We will see if Pickett can use his wrestling to nullify Tafons striking, however, if he cant its hard to picture any other result than an eventual Nchukwi KO.

Flick vs. Durden
Cody Durden, TKO, R1
I'm betting FDGTD on this fight. Flick by sub or Durden by KO. I keep going back and forth on who wins this fight, if Durden's TD defense is legit he will KO the brick. I tend to favor the wrestler in wrestler vs grappler matchups so I will go with Durden here by KO with very little confidence. FDGTD is the safe bet here.

Minus vs. Giagos
Christos Giagos, DEC
Even on 3 days notice I have to pick the spartan here. I just dont see anything special at all about Minus. Not touching this one with a ten foot pole because of the short notice for Giagos though.

"I fell in love with the box" Renato Moicano

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

12.19.2020 | 2:26 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2279th

Thompson vs. Neal
Geoff Neal, TKO, R2
I'm a fan of Thompson, as an athlete and a person, but I might be a bigger Geoff Neal fan. It's simple, my memory is ******* garbage to begin with, but even still... Thompson hasn't shown me anything recently to prove he deserves that number 5 next to his name. He beat Luque over a year ago, and before that, he got Superman punched from hell by Pettis, and lost a striking match with Till, and if I can remember, that was a straight striking match. Nobody even attempted a takedown. A "world class" striker, shouldn't lose a striking battle. And to make matters worse, while making you feel old at the same time, Wonderboy hasn't finished a fight since he finished Johnny Hendricks in February 2016. All but 5 years ago. And on top of it, Thompson will be 38 in February. And Thompson is delusional if he thinks Neal will abandon his striking. You kidding me. Neal's gonna look to disconnect you from your senses buddy. It just doesn't look good for Thompson.

Aldo vs. Vera
José Aldo, DEC
Man. Could this be the end of another legendary Brazilian in the UFC? Even if he wins, it wouldn't surprise me especially with all the year end cuts. I mean, it's almost disrespectful, but whatta ya do with a guy like Jose Aldo? Most likely not gonna fight for a title again, and you aren't gonna want him to derail all your highly touted prospects, And it's expensive to keep a guy of Aldo's stature on the roster, so whatta ya do? A cut wouldn't surprise me. I just wish we got to witness the devastating effects of Aldo leg kicks one more time. Never understood why he abandoned the best leg kicks in the game.

Pereira vs. Williams
Khaos Williams, TKO, R1
My buddy dubbed this the fight between "A powerful crazy person vs. A crazy powerful person" and that pretty much sums it up. I don't understand odds sometimes. I really woulda thought Khaos would be the fave here. ESPECIALLY when you look at his recent results. His last 3 finishes, he's dusted each one in under 30 seconds. That's ok when you think regional scene, but no... He's dusted Morono & Razak Alhassan back to back with heavy ******* shots. And he's gonna test Pereira's chin often and early... And Williams looks to be in the best shape of his career.

Moraes vs. Font
Marlon Moraes, DEC
Even tho Moraes is one of my favorite Bantamweights and I argued left and right that he shoulda been in the UFC years and years ago, I'll still tell you that Moraes is riding a 3 fight losing streak. Because he did lose that fight to Aldo. Even if he was awarded the win. So Marlon is probably feeling the desperation a little bit, and if he isn't, then he should. Font is a good fighter. I still think he's a little under-appreciated and underrated. I always felt like he didn't get the credit or recognition that he deserved. He'll get it if he can beat a desperate Moraes. We'll see how that goes. But I think Marlon has the edge everywhere except for the Size/Length and Boxing department, everywhere else tho, Marlon should have the advantage. Marlon by Decision is the decision. I think Font will be to hard to put away, unless he gets submitted.

Tybura vs. Hardy
Greg Hardy, TKO, R2
I just dont know.... How far will Hardy go. The Volkov fight, yeah I thought that was a stretch, and it was. He gets another step-up opponent, can he continue climbing the ladder, I just don't know.

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
Sijara Eubanks, DEC
This is a good one if you wanted to use MMA Math.... Kianzad lost to Julia Avila while Eubanks beat Avila. While Bethe Correira beat Eubanks, but Kianzad beat Correira. So what does that equate to..... A draw I guess.

Winn vs. Arroyo
Antônio Arroyo, DEC
I thought a 185lb Deron Winn was funny. Let's tack an extra 10lbs on that 5'6" frame.. While Winn is 9 inches shorter, he's only 3.5 inches shorter in the range department.

Nchukwi vs. Pickett
Tafon Nchukwi, TKO, R1
The upside on Nchukwi is staggering. I know when I saw this kid KO William Knight, I was shocked and even did a double take when presented with the fact he only had 2 pro fights before that. Yikes..... Scary scary man. What the **** is in the water in Cameroon?

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

12.19.2020 | 2:45 PM ET

Pink Predictions

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2355th

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Joke
Joke
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

12.19.2020 | 2:47 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 222nd

Flick vs. Durden
Jimmy Flick, SUB, R1
Kip

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

12.19.2020 | 3:02 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 832nd

Moraes vs. Font
Marlon Moraes, DEC
Gonna be real interesting to see Font in this spot. Hopefully Moraes doesn't aim for the leg. lol But

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
Pannie Kianzad, DEC
Pannnnnehhhhh! With Sijara struggling to make weight, again, Pannie has a shot. Just don't know if her wrestling can help pull this off.

Robertson vs. Santos
Taila Santos, DEC
Sheesh. Gonna give this one to Santos. I think Gillian moving gyms is more harm than good.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.19.2020 | 3:03 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2613th

Random question. could someone like Deron Winns reach be miss leading because most of it be in his huge Torso and not his arms.  even if it is the 9 inch height advantage is the most important

* Edited at 12.19.2020, 3:08 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

12.19.2020 | 3:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 832nd

Winn vs. Arroyo
Antônio Arroyo, DEC
Ehhhhhh. Arroyo. Wouldn't be surprized if he dropped a decision to winn tho. He's a little engine that could.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

Jinoman
Jinoman
  • Predictions:  894  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 206

12.19.2020 | 3:13 PM ET

Let`s fight

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 419th

fancypreston
fancypreston
  • Predictions:  2,340  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 120

12.19.2020 | 3:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2589th

Pettis vs. Morono
Anthony Pettis, SUB, R2
Let me make this simple. Anthony Pettis best days are behind him. However, he doesn't need to have a best day to beat Alex Moreno. Let me take this a step further. Pettis wants a war everytime he steps inside the octagon and I see Moreno as a fighter who is "OK" with winning by decision. Tonight Pettis will be the aggressor and that will in return send Moreno reeling and playing into the hands of Pettis.

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
Sijara Eubanks, TKO, R2
Sijara Eubanks has her hands full in this fight. Eubanks is backed by the Mark Henry Boxing/NCMMA and will look to take it to Kianzad on the feet. Pannie Kianzad fights out of the Arte Suave Copenhagen Association and is looking to string together her third win in a row inside the UFC octagon. Kianzad is used to going the distance and Eubanks will look to close this out before it can reach the judges scorecards. I smell redemption! Eubanks has had a bumpy ride in the UFC but tonight she gets Kianzad at the perfect time.

Winn vs. Arroyo
Antônio Arroyo, TKO, R1
I am confused at why this fight is on the card. Arroyo stands at 6'3" tall. Winn is only 5'6" tall. That is a stark difference between these two men. Winn looking to avoid his third loss will have a David vs. Goliath scenario to fight through first. Winn fights out of the American Kickboxing Academy so he will have to move well to avoid taking too much damage. Arroyo fights out of the Marajo Brothers Team and will be looking to stay grounded until he can finish this one. I believe Arroyo wins handily and that's not a knock on Deron Winn because he is talented in his own right.

Robertson vs. Santos
Taila Santos, DEC
The UFC wants Santos to be a star so bad. Santos will try to make her five-inch reach advantage work for her tonight. Gillian Robertson is a real savage and will not go away easily. However, Robertson's striking worries me. I believe Santos will keep Robertson at bay and get her to play her game. I do believe Robertson has the better camp behind her at American Top Team but that is more of an outlier in this scenario.

Nchukwi vs. Pickett
Jamie Pickett, TKO, R2
Something doesn't feel right here. Nchuwki has cut a lot of weight for this bout. Pickett normally walks around at 185lbs. We will truly see what Nchuwki is made of tonight. Pickett is an explosive fighter, that said in an interview he almost gave it up. What I like about Pickett is he has great fundamentals. Good wrestling, smart boxing, and he delivers a wallop. Nchuwki only has four fights on his MMA record and you probably don't know any of them. Pickett has overcome losses and his story is shaping up to be one of epic proportions. Nchuwki will do everything he can to finish this fight early to avoid the fatigue of cutting weight. However, anytime someone cuts this much weight I can't pick them to win. I believe Pickett gets his hand raised tonight. What a payout for bettors that will be.

Flick vs. Durden
Jimmy Flick, SUB, R2
This fight is a pick'em to me. Flick has incredibly sound submission skills and fights out of Thunderkick Fitness. Durden will look to get Flick out of there early. Durden has the more notable GYM behind him with American Top Team Atlanta. However Durden's wrestling will lead him into Flicks trap of setting him up in a submission. Flick has talked about knocking Durden out but I see that as a mind game. Flick does have a three-inch reach advantage. Flick knows what he excels at and where he is most comfortable.

Minus vs. Giagos
Christos Giagos, SUB, R3
Clutch took a beating in his last fight against "Semi The Jedi". Minus cut down from 170lbs to 159lbs and I expect that to show in this fight. Giagos took Drakkar Klose to a decision in his last bout. Both these fighters are hungry to avenge those losses. Giagos does have the better GYM behind him in Black House MMA. I believe that along with Giagos experience will pay dividends tonight equaling a victory.

"Live it how you lead it!"

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,574  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,523
  • Post Score: 60

12.19.2020 | 3:16 PM ET

Resilient New Predictions

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 4 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2183rd

Aldo vs. Vera
I love José Aldo at -150. He has a maniacal mounted elbow drop. Aldo should victimize the opposing forces.

Flick vs. Durden
I appoint Jimmy Flick at -155. He has a nasty diet and a passionate fight IQ. Flick won't clinch the masterpiece.

Pettis vs. Morono
I elect Anthony Pettis at -230. He has a jarring touch of death. Pettis will likely nationalize the TV audience.

Kianzad vs. Eubanks
I am sticking with Sijara Eubanks at -165. She has a trendy demeanor. Eubanks will likely guess the ring announcer. Clearly!

Winn vs. Arroyo
I prefer Antônio Arroyo at -165. He has a captivating clinch and a bodacious finger lock. Arroyo could ravage the opposing forces.

Minus vs. Giagos
I am enamored with Christos Giagos at -325. He has a glamorous kimura. Giagos should fuel the masterpiece.

Nchukwi vs. Pickett
I go with Tafon Nchukwi at -350. He has a bonkers ground and pound. Nchukwi will likely claw the unthinkable.

Moraes vs. Font
I go for Marlon Moraes at -160. He has a final high kick and an advanced diet and also a twisted heart stomp. Moraes ought to choke the canvas.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,256
  • Post Score: 136

12.19.2020 | 3:31 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 2974th

Duck assuming deron knew how to fight, which he hasn't shown being shorter with long arms or wide torso can be good.
For a flabby hobbit wrestler I see it giving him the takedown advantage and a slight defensive advantage from punches.
Sadly it makes him an easier target for kicks and knees so expect a bloody ko and firing of mini dc.
Random question is anyone actually expecting pet to win and betting on it? :> !@#$%

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

fancypreston
fancypreston
  • Predictions:  2,340  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 120

12.19.2020 | 3:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2589th

Thompson vs. Neal
Geoff Neal, TKO, R3
Hardest fight to pick right here. I am a fan of both fighters skill sets and associations they represent. However, I have not bought stock in “Wonderboy” being the next big thing. Many of you have so pick wisely. Geoff Neal is heavy handed with a skill set that is underrated. Both fighters will be out to score a memorable finish. I believe Geoff Neal has more power and will in turn do more damage and come out victorious.

Aldo vs. Vera
Marlon Vera, DEC
Jose Aldo is back and ready to go to war with “Chito”. People are throwing salt on Vera and I believe that will empower him more than hurt him. You can never underestimate Jose Aldo but Vera is coming into his prime at the right time.

Pereira vs. Williams
Michel Pereira, SUB, R2
Khaos has been on a tear so I expect the sharps to hammer him at +100 odds. However, Michael Pereira is the more technical all-around fighter. Hard to go against a guy nicknamed “Khaos the Ox Fighter” so I will.

Moraes vs. Font
Marlon Moraes, TKO, R2
WARNING: I am highly-biased toward Moraes. Marlon Moraes is a walking highlight-reel. Tonight he will look to add to his collection against a formidable opponent in Rob Font. I don’t see this fight lasting long but I do see it being exhilarating.

Tybura vs. Hardy
Greg Hardy, TKO, R1
I can’t believe I am saying it but Vegas is right on the money! Joe Rogan and the other media types may not like Hardy but he is developing right before our eyes. Tybura has a slow pace and has won his last three fights by unimpressive decisions. Greg Hardy may not have great cardio but Tybura doesn’t have the best chin either.

"Live it how you lead it!"

SAShort
SAShort
  • Predictions:  3,921  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  108
  • Post Score: 249

12.19.2020 | 3:56 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1135th

Thompson UD
Aldo UD
K. Williams R1 Tko
Font R2 Tko
Hardy R1 Tko
Pettis R2 Sub
Eubanks UD
Arroyo R2 Sub
Robertson UD
Nchukwi R1 Tko
Flick R2 Sub
Giagos UD

I like Moraes but I'm totally expecting Font for the upset of the Night
TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

12.19.2020 | 3:59 PM ET

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

12.19.2020 | 4:00 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 590 Points   |   164th Place

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

12.19.2020 | 4:01 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1557th

Lets do this!!!!!
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.19.2020 | 4:05 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2613th

I wouldn't be suprise If minus wins this one because even tho I think Minus might not be UFC level and Giagos shouldn't be ranked, but hes clearly UFC level. But being on like 2 day notice and Giaggos is pretty big so it might not be great

"Quack quack quack"

2020.12.19 4:08 PM ET

Fighter Announcements

Carlton Minus vs. Christos Giagos
Tapology Community Predictions: 2536  
KO/TKO
Submission
Decision
Minus
14%
Giagos
86%
TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

12.19.2020 | 4:08 PM ET

only think i remember about giagos fights is when he was finished by Du Bronx and slammed by Drakkar

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Page 14

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?