Tapology Forums

Devil's Advocate: Why Colby Covington Should Be Your Favorite MMA Fighter

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

andy88
andy88
  • Predictions:  81  |  48.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 86

09.21.2020 | 1:38 PM ET

I sat alone in my "man-cave" Saturday night, with a cold drink and a sizzling steak in my big comfy-chair, ready for what was a pay-per-view level card on ESPN+. I watched the press conferences, heard the interviews, I could feel the tension in the air for the main event of the evening. Colby Covington hadn't fought since losing his interim welterweight championship to Kamaru Usman, the undisputed champion.

Tryon Woodley hadn't fought since a dis-spirited loss to #1 contender Gilbert Burns. What would've been the money matchup three years ago was finally coming together on ESPN's premium streaming service. As late as it is, this matchup had stakes to it in the welterweight title picture.

No disrespect to "Cowboy" Cerrone and Niko Price, but all eyes were on the last fight of the evening. Would Covington suffocate Woodley, or would The Chosen One finally unleash his hands?

As a new writer, my views aren't exactly out for the world to see yet. However, I do not want to use this platform to push any sort of agenda, in the MMA world or the political world. These following are simply observations and opinions.

To read the full article, check it out here.

Responses

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

09.21.2020 | 4:49 PM ET

You had me at cold drink and hot steaks!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

09.25.2020 | 6:37 PM ET

This did nothing to sway the reader to accept Colby as their new favorite fighter, it just laid out what happened after his fight then it's basically just "you should respect someone for their hard work". Okay, cool I guess.

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

09.25.2020 | 9:17 PM ET

Lol

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’