Topic: Top Heavyweights - 265 lbs.

Cheick Kongo at 24 is ridiculous

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

09.21.2020 | 4:51 AM ET

I get that he's boring and people doesn't like him for his groing shots, but he has an impressive Bellator reccord of 12 wins, only 2 losses (a split decision loss to ex strikeforce champion King Mo Lawal in 2015, and a 2014 decision loss against elite fighter Minakov, plus he avanged his loss to Minakov recently), and one no contest against Bader.
He unbeaten since 2015.

His recent wins over Volkov (number 7 on this list !) in 2015, and Augusto Sakai (number 11) in 2017 are impressive, and should get him a few spots higher on the list.
He also has meaningful wins against former Bellator champion Vitaly Minakov (number 26) in 2019 and ex UFC fighter Timothy Johnson (number 35) in 2018.

Even if you go way back in time, his UFC reccord was really decent.
11 Wins, wich includes décisions against Crocop, Mitrione and Shawn Jordan, as well as the comeback of the century against Pat Barry.
6 losses, to Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir… are Nothing to be ashamed about, and people forget he gave a very tough fight to Cain Velasquez).
He has one draw to Travis Browne because he was deduceted a point for groing shots.

Well, no need to wright his biography but it was just to say his career is really impressive, and I feel he is overlooked because of his non remarkable personality and his not very fun fighting style.
But give this man some respect, he is one of the better heavyweights outside the UFC, and still a top 10 talent at 45 years of age, as his wins over Volkov, Sakai and Minakov can prove.

I will certainly put him before Struve (!?), Maurice Greene, Boser, and maybe Spivak, at number 20.

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

Responses

Jakey1988
Jakey1988
  • Predictions:  21,085  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,389
  • Post Score: 205

03.16.2023 | 1:09 PM ET

Look how the rankings still make no sense 3  years later. How TF is Blaydes the best heavyweight???????

"Lets see some ******* action!"

CooperOsier16
CooperOsier16
  • Predictions:  84  |  47.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

03.28.2023 | 11:01 AM ET

Whats up with the heavyweight rankings????

Why is Francis not at least top 3 and Blaydes is 1? What the hell going on

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • In between bouts, waiting for next fight to begin.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois