Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Vettori

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,992
  • Post Score: 47

08.21.2020 | 7:10 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 12.05.2020 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Vettori
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 16
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 658,000 avg. viewers (498k ESPN prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 8
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Marvin Vettori   defeats   Jack Hermansson   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jamahal Hill   defeats   Ovince St. Preux   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   3:37 Round 2 of 3, 8:37 Total Bout Page
Gabriel Benítez   defeats   Justin Jaynes   via KO/TKO, Knee to the Body   4:06 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Roman Dolidze   defeats   John Allan   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jordan Leavitt   defeats   Matt Wiman   via KO/TKO, Slam   0:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Louis Smolka   defeats   Jose Alberto Quiñonez   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:15 Round 2 of 3, 7:15 Total Bout Page
Ilia Topuria   defeats   Damon Jackson   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jake Collier   defeats   Gian Villante   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 10

HiDefff
HiDefff

12.02.2020 | 12:24 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 2129th

Also why in the last 60 days have you not placed a bet on Cappertek. Or Betmmatips so you can be third party tracked. All of it is pretty shady to say the least. Where was that Carlyle bet tracked at? besides a tapology forum 
Chessum1995
Chessum1995
  • Predictions:  1,559  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 365

12.02.2020 | 12:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 87th

Hermansson vs. Vettori
Marvin Vettori, SUB, R2
Judging by the percentages I honestly think that Marvin Vettori is being massively overlooked here.... Jack Hermansson is a decent fighter who has had some impressive wins, he did also get embarrased by Jared Cannonier which granted isnt by any means a bad person to lose to. I just think Hermansson relys heavily on his ground and submission game which is not going to be as dominating as it has been against some people when hes fighting Marvin Vettori. Vettori is very strong and has great wrestling, better than Hermansson IMO and i think that is going to show massively in this fight. Hermanssons standup has been hyped up as of late mainly down to his performance against Souza where he pieced him up for 5 rounds which i agree is an impressive win however Souza is way past it and was never even heavily known for his stand up striking game anyway, sure he has power and has knockouts on his record but he is for sure known for his jiu jitsu and submission game. Vettori has arguably been the closest to beating the current Middleweight champ Adesanya when they fought dropping a split decision that a lot of people think he should have won. He just looks better and better every fight and i am well on board the hype train. I think Hermansson comes out the gate hot as always, peppers a few shots at verttori and then shoots for the take down, get out strengthed and ends up on the bottom, vettori softens him up with ground and pound for the round and ultimately gets a Sub in the second after taking him back down early after a few exchanges on the feet. Vettori Submission Round 2

St. Preux vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, DEC
This is a tough fight for Hill and by far his biggest name to date. OSP is not the same fighter he once was in his prime but he did remind us all how dangerous he can be when he KO`d Menifield last time out... Jamahal Hill is tall and rangey much like OSP so St Preux wont have his usual advantages there. i think this fight will be close but ultimately i think that youth prevails here and Jamahal Hill gets the decision from the judges. Hill Decision

Santos vs. De La Rosa
Taila Santos, DEC
BORING... going solely on record here. dont have much interest in womens MMA unless it is top tier... which this certainly is not. Taila Santos must have something about her having a record of 16-1 but then again her one loss is to Mara Borella who is nowhere near title contention so maybe her record is padded out... nevertheless its hard to back against a 16-1 record so ill go with her. Taila Santos Decision

Dolidze vs. Allan
Roman Dolidze, SUB, R1
Roman Dolidze has looked decent in his fights, hes still green only having 7 pro fights but hes won them all with both KO`s and Submissions which is always impressive and shows he isnt just one dimentional, he hasnt been properly tested yet by tough competition and i dont think that changes here. I dont think that John Allan is going to cause any problems for Dolidze here, i think he gets the job done pretty quickly. Dolidze Submission round 1

Villante vs. Collier
Gian Villante, DEC
My God.... what a sh*t fight.... seriously this is utter garbage. Jake Collier could not look any less like an MMA fighter, he looks like the sort of bloke that ends his saturday night out at 9:30pm because he wants to be first in line for his donner meat and chips. Gian Villante was for sure winning his last fight but he exerted so much energy chasing the finish and ultimately not getting it done that he actually ended up having to tap out due to exhaustion.... sure he was in a scalf hold but come on, he was on top and it really didnt look that bad....he literally submitted himself by being to fat and gassed. Because of that he is so untrustworthy and if it was anyone else then i would predict against him but as he is fighting MMA`s answer to peter griffin i can just sway his way on the experience factor alone... Villante is way past it and is clinging on to being a UFC fighter by the skin of his teeth and in reality should probably be cut.... i think that is why hes been giving this fight, just to get him back in the win column. If it wasnt for the pandemic and lack of talent during this time then i think he would be long gone now. As for Jake Collier.... he is may aswell get the boot aswell, he is definitely not UFC calibre. Villante Decision

Jackson vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, SUB, R1
Damon Jackson has an impressive win on his record from his debut again Mirsad Bektic but if you watched that fight you will know that he won that fight because Bektic got way to ****y and confident because to be fair he was absolutely mauling Jackson... the fight was extremely one sided, bektic`s dominance became his own demise because he literally stopped taking his opponent seious and ended up paying for it getting caught in a submision which is Jacksons speciality. Unfortunately for Damon Jackson, Topuria is incredible with his submision and ground game, which means where Jackson usually has he best chance of victory will instead be his best chance of defeat in the fight and i see him being taught that there are levels to this game very fast. Topuria Submission Round 1

Benítez vs. Jaynes
Gabriel Benítez, DEC
Gabriel Benitez`s last 2 fights have been tough opponents in Sodiq Yusuff and Omar Morales. Jason knight is a big win on Gabriel Benitez`s record albeit nearly 3 years ago but i just feel hes faced the better competition, Justin Jaynes seems to be very dangerouos in round 1 but after that significalantly drops down in the 2nd and 3rd round, i think Gabriel picks up a decision win here, but there is also every chance that he sleeps Benitez in the first. Im siding with Benitez in this one though. Benitez Decision

Smolka vs. Quiñonez
Louis Smolka, TKO, R2
Really dont care who wins this one, both bums that will never make it to even top 15 so complete irrelevant fight really... closer than the percentages have it but i do slightly sway in favour of Louis Smolka, i think he catches Jose and finishes with some ground and pound for a tko stoppage in round 2. Smolka KO/TKO Round 2

* Edited at 12.02.2020, 12:40 PM ET *

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

12.02.2020 | 12:32 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 889th

Haha the MisfortuneTeller is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Just play all his picks here and we can see his ****** % whether he likes it or not. Misfortuneteller for Mod

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

MisfortuneTeller
MisfortuneTeller
  • Predictions:  43  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 745

12.02.2020 | 12:57 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1161st

@HiDeff. Morality is for the weak. Do you think Genghis Khan felt guilty when he was conquering dynasties from the back of his horse. Your sweet tears and empty wallets will be in my museum in 1,000 years when .5% of the entire world population carries my genes and every ESPN ad break begins and ends with a clip of me jumping guillotine as a memento of posterity to my greatness #Thetellertellertellerteller #Dustinlearneditfromme

* Edited at 12.02.2020, 12:59 PM ET *

"I bet $20,000 on Tim Means to beat Kevin Holland."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.02.2020 | 2:50 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 357th

@ngagnnu Vettori will improve because he's 26, But not to the level of Ortega. But he has 3 month imbetween fights while Ortega had 2 years off. I said many time before the Ortega  fight, That is was retaded thinking a 28 year old was not gonna improve alot in 2 years and I made good money on the fight as Ortega was +180 in his last fight

"Quack quack quack"

bazik
bazik

12.02.2020 | 3:06 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 2457th

shut up ******* fortune teller
ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,328  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  280
  • Post Score: 242

12.02.2020 | 4:04 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2944th

"Morality is for the weak"? How the **** is the Fortune Teller a real person?

* Edited at 12.02.2020, 4:14 PM ET *

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

12.02.2020 | 4:09 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 713th

Jackson vs. Topuria
Ilia Topuria, DEC
beat yousuf

Villante vs. Collier
Gian Villante, DEC
collier less ufc expericance, collier loses is wacko moments

HiDefff
HiDefff

12.02.2020 | 4:14 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 230 Points   |   Tied for 2129th

hahaha typical attitude of a "I did 1 grappling match, so I'm a badass" Turd 
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

12.02.2020 | 4:40 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1297th

You guys do realize there is @mmafortuneteller the ****** with the ugly wife with a abomination of a elephant nose and @misfortuneteller who is just trolling everyone and writing all those comments. I am pretty sure by how hes talking its @freemoneyforall.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.02.2020 | 5:39 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 87th

@Xcon the teller is a neanderthal but I don't think we should trash his wife. There has to be rules. It's not her fault her man is an utter pillock. I think girls with big noses are sexy. They can put them everywhere.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 1 hour, and 46 minutes from now.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

12.02.2020 | 5:43 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 1297th

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  186
  • Post Score: 44

12.02.2020 | 5:52 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 713th

Wiman vs. Leavitt
Jordan Leavitt, SUB, R1
wiman lost over half his fights

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,850  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,128
  • Post Score: 180

12.02.2020 | 6:10 PM ET

@Phillip53

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 965th

Devils Rejects soooooo good

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Cageside_Chole
Cageside_Chole
  • Predictions:  1,027  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 261

12.02.2020 | 6:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 2457th

Hermansson vs. Vettori
Jack Hermansson, SUB, R4
Both fighters are good on the ground but think this fight will be decided on cardio. In that case, Hermansson wins by a late submission. It's a great fight and easily the fight of the night.

St. Preux vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, DEC
St. Preux is a great fighter but he's a bit over the hill (pun intended).

Santos vs. De La Rosa
Taila Santos, DEC
De La Rosa is a much better fighter than a lot of people are giving her credit for and may even win this if she's on form. I still think that Santos will win but I can't see her finishing this fight.

Benítez vs. Jaynes
Justin Jaynes, TKO, R2
Jaynes has got power and I'm very surprised that the bookies have him as the underdog at +165.

Dolidze vs. Allan
Roman Dolidze, TKO, R1
Bang! Bang! Goodnight! NEXT!

Evloev vs. Landwehr
Nate Landwehr, DEC
I was expecting Landwehr to be the underdog as Evloev is a very promising fighter but I've got a feeling that the massively underrated Landwehr might be a bit of a potential banana skin.

Smolka vs. Quiñonez
Louis Smolka, DEC
Close enough for the fight to go to the scorecards but it should still be fairly comfortable for Smolka.

Wiman vs. Leavitt
Jordan Leavitt, SUB, R2
This should be a routine victory for Leavitt.

Flick vs. Durden
Jimmy Flick, SUB, R1
Flick has a far superior ground game to Durden and I can see that being the main factor in this fight.

Jackson vs. Topuria
Damon Jackson, DEC
I'm obviously not qualified to be a bookie as I disagree with Jackson being the underdog at +180. This will be a close fight and I'm certain it will go the distance but Jackson looked very good against Bektić and I feel that while this is a step up in competition for him, it's a step that he will be able to make without any difficulty.

Villante vs. Collier
Gian Villante, DEC
This is without a doubt the weakest fight on the card but as for my prediction, I'm afraid that I can see this being a slog fest that grinds to a decision.

"We fall but we get up because the ground is no place for a champion - Dustin Poirier"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.02.2020 | 6:40 PM ET

If this post get 20 like the duck will shut up

"Quack quack quack"

Swallerballs
Swallerballs
  • Predictions:  222  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 271

12.03.2020 | 1:42 AM ET

Something about Vetorri being a favorite that just seems off to me. 
rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

12.03.2020 | 2:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1161st

Hermansson vs. Vettori
Jack Hermansson, SUB, R2
50/50 fight.....maybe Vettori KO Rd 3, Maybe Hermansson earns the submission.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.03.2020 | 3:29 AM ET

Anyone think a punt on Matt Wiman is retarted. Contender series guys are generally overrated and big parley buster, Is Jordan legit?

"Quack quack quack"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.03.2020 | 5:25 AM ET

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2247th

Wiman is shot to hell, I wouldn't pick him against anybody in the UFC.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Page 10

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2