Topic: UFC 256

UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,996
  • Post Score: 47

08.21.2020 | 7:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 256
  • Saturday 12.12.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 503,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   vs.   Brandon Moreno   Ends in a Draw, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Tony Ferguson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Ronaldo Souza   via KO/TKO, Punches During Scramble   1:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Junior dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Elbow   2:34 Round 2 of 3, 7:34 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Daniel Pineda   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:52 Round 2 of 3, 6:52 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Renato Moicano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gavin Tucker   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tecia Torres   defeats   Sam Hughes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Peter Barrett   via Submission, Heel Hook   3:02 Round 3 of 3, 13:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 9

rotojohn
rotojohn
  • Predictions:  238,249  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 279

12.06.2020 | 9:18 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 1078th

Angela Hill got the Corona fight with Tecia is off
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.06.2020 | 9:24 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2100th

Thank God!
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

12.06.2020 | 9:31 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3548th

^Words right out there of my mouth. One of the many rematches in mma i didn’t know happened and don’t wanna see again

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

2020.12.06 10:06 PM ET

bout status update

Torres vs. Hill II Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

12.06.2020 | 11:12 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1743rd

Seeing Chase Hooper desperately trying to pull guard (and failing to so much as grab a limb) because Bruce Leeroy was piecing him up on the feet was not a pretty sight.

He went from interesting prospect to "is this guy going to be in the UFC next year?" Let's be real, his BJJ is decent, but if he weren't 19 at the time does Dana get all excited about him? Him being a scrawny baby faced child was his main selling point. 
TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

12.06.2020 | 11:56 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 2189th

I trust that ben askren helped his wrestling a fair bit, plus barett isnt the best

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.07.2020 | 12:08 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

Anyone picking Charles Olivera tell me how he can win. Tony has every advantage they're is. Stand Up goes to Tony, Ground Games goes to Tony, Durabilty goes to Tony, Heart Goes to Tony, Cardio Goes to Tony, Don't act like Tony vs Gaeche was one way Trafiic, Tony is one of the best of all time, Charles Olivera has gotten better but he no El Cucuey

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 12:21 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.07.2020 | 12:38 AM ET

Karl Roberson   vs.   Dalcha Lungiambula
Roberson, KO/TKO R2.

I like Roberson and I'm not willing to write him off owing to a loss to Vettori who as I said originally is far better than the great Tapology unwashed gave him credit for. Not against a one-dimensional shaven ape like Dalcha. Who's he beaten? Townsend? By dec?  No.
Roberson ITD.

Dwight Grant   vs.   Jingliang Li
Li, dec.

The problem with Grant is that he's low-output and low-variation. I question his conditioning and his ability to adapt if and when his go-to, which is a long straight slip overhand over and over, doesn't bear fruit. The Leech is a solid fighter. He dropped his last one, but it's not hard to lose to Magny and his only other loss in his last 5 is to another strong wrestler in Mathews, which grant is not. Li has never been stopped by strikes. That could happen here but the odds are it won't.

Cub Swanson   vs.   Daniel Pineda 
Pineda, KO/TKO R2.

I like Cub but he's really ******* up against it here stylistically against Pineda who has more chances of winning this fight by every method and anywhere it goes. I've faded him quite a lot in the twilight of his career but even though I've been correct in doing so with one exception, he's always put on showings far better than I believed he would. But my gut is telling me he's going to get merked here pretty horribly. Pineda is legit. Nobody who does that **** to Herbert Burns is anything less. He has finished his last 5 straight and Cub is 1-6. Writing's on the wall.

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 12:43 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 15 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

12.07.2020 | 12:48 AM ET

@Duck I can't believe anyone is picking Charles over Tony. Sandpaper-wrapped-*****-and Sriarcha-lube ********.
jaushure
jaushure
  • Predictions:  761  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

12.07.2020 | 2:45 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 649th

Seems like Robertson vs Lee fight is off due to Lee injury. She will fight Taila Santos on next event. Anyone knows smth about it?

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 2:47 AM ET *

"Кто «вы-то»?! К кому ты обращаешься? Я один здесь, нахуй! Кто «людьми-то», блядь? Я уже не человек, блядь, я зверь нахуй!"

4444x
4444x
  • Predictions:  764  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 100

12.07.2020 | 6:00 AM ET

UFC 256 Picks

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2450th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
 Moreno, DEC
Figueiredo is big for the Flyweight Division, but he has been known to struggle with weight cuts, and this is with 3 weeks to cut weight again, I either see Figi missing weight or making weight, but looking dead inside,
Moreno is a real challenger, though Figi came into his Perez fight knowing he will fight again, Moreno didn't, Moreno has the skills to bet him, he can mix up the striking and takedowns and MOST IMPORTANTLY, he can go 5 rounds, which Figi can't, even not including the weight cut. Though I do find it hard to bet against the champion, who only needs one shot and pulled a guillotine when Perez had his back, I keep on going back on forward on this one.
Both fighters are very used to suprising me, overall, because of the cut I have it 50/50 . Because if Moreno wants to win he will probably drag Figi into the championship round he could get him, but first, he has to survive rounds 1 and 2, if it gets past 14 minutes, Brandon's chances soar to 68%.
P.S if Brandon wins I want to be the guy who predicted it so I'm saying Moreno, though I am leaning to Figi, or am I, I am stuck. Also,Moreno has NEVER been finished, but the guillotines of the champ, but the weight cut and Moreno's chin and cardio, AAAAGH!

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Ferguson, SUB R2,
This one is close but Charles does not like to be pressured and he has been submitted a couple of times, it is a three round fight which is good for Oliveira though.
55/45 to El Cucuy.

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 6:01 AM ET *

"Yeetus Deletus Ugly Feetus"

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

12.07.2020 | 9:59 AM ET

Covid-19 negative "yaayyy".. *1 day later* Covid-19 positive "awww"

Predictions: 2 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

I'm not even going to waste my energy getting excited for this stacked card, it'll be ruined by Saturday. Just waiting on the breaking news day by day. At this point there should be betting odds on which fighters will contract covid during fight week.

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

2020.12.07 10:11 AM ET

bout status update

Lee vs. Robertson Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

12.07.2020 | 10:37 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R1
Figueiredo is just too swift and too well calculated, I don't see anyone beating him any time soon. Moreno will realize he can't out strike him, go for the takedown, blink once and Figueiredo will have him in a chokehold

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, SUB, R2
Hoping Ferguson's fighting spirit isn't damaged after that gruesome beating

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R1
Poor chinny chin chin. I'm sure JDS is on that list of fighters Dana wants to get rid of, JDS might beat him to the punch

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
If you enjoy bjj you'll enjoy this fight. Will be a lot of tangling and transitioning and both have never been submitted. I think they'll cancel each other out and Jandiroba will win due to her better striking ability

Grant vs. Li
Jingliang Li, TKO, R2
Fireworks

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 10:40 AM ET *

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

THE MMA GURU
THE MMA GURU

12.07.2020 | 11:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 2189th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R1
"GUILLOTINE VIA WALID ISMAIL"

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R3
"TONY FERGUSON WITH HIS CHIN"

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, DEC
"BODY KICKS"

Holland vs. Souza
Ronaldo Souza, SUB, R3
"GOING WITH JACARE SOUZA & IT REALLY HURTS ME TO SAY THAT"

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R1
"KO'D TOO MANY TIMES, HE SEEMS DUMB AS ****"

Swanson vs. Pineda
Cub Swanson, DEC
"HE'S BRAINWASHING ME WITH HIS ROIDS"

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
"WAY MORE EXPERIENCED"

Quarantillo vs. Tucker
Billy Quarantillo, DEC
"PICKS UP THE PACE 2ND & 3RD"

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, TKO, R2
"LATE 2ND OR 3RD"

Roberson vs. Lungiambula
Karl Roberson
"RUDE AWAKENING" (method not mentioned, to busy gasping for breath)

Grant vs. Li
Jingliang Li, DEC
"STILL IN HIS PRIME"

Hooper vs. Barrett
Chase Hooper, SUB, R1
"1ST OR 2ND RD SUB"

"I'M MOVING OUT SOON & I'M NOT EVEN THAT FAT"

nickytheeye
nickytheeye
  • Predictions:  3,899  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 288

12.07.2020 | 11:04 AM ET

Roberson v. Lungiambula

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2169th

Looks like Roberson v. Lungiambula is off the card due to COVID. They're trying to move it to 12/19. 

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 11:13 AM ET *

Hippie
Hippie

12.07.2020 | 11:17 AM ET

****s old news

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

Do two or three C-19 test in a row, flip a coin cause it’s going to be different every time..

Negative positive negative positive 
Positive negative positive negative 
Negative negative positive positive 

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.07.2020 | 11:42 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3469th

I know this isn't technically fighting information but we're already off the rails, as per usual. So I'm going to take this time to offer a bit of an explanation.

1.) Viruses are weird. They have a lot of weird components to them, but the main thing about them is that they are basically organic copy machines (RNA) that use your own body's materials as ink. So once the virus infects you and it gets inside your cell it starts copying away making more and more of itself. Naturally these copies seek to hop to another cell and do the same thing making this infection pattern inside one person grow exponentially. 

2.) Well, if it's not alive really. We can't culture it and measure it. We can't effectively stain it and measure it... so how do we measure whether or not someone has this virus? There are a few ways, but the only cost effective way is to measure how much of this 'copy machine' exists inside a persons cells. Now we're talking a nano-sized particle that grows exponentially. So if you're in the early stages of infection that's less than Jon Jones picograms levels. Almost impossible to detect. But remember what I said earlier about how this thing copies, and then those copies make copies. And those copies-copies make copies... rinse and repeat.

Conlucsion: It is very feasible for someone to be negative for the viral "load" (giggety) simply because they only have a few hundred total copies of the viral-RNA at the moment. Whereas any given SINGLE cell in your body normally rotates about half a million RNA molecules. Then, since the turnover rate of the virus is a few seconds they could very easily test positive mere hours later as the virus "copies"

Disclaimer: this is a very very ****-tier IQ explanation that I thought would be appropriate for the conglomeration of animals on this board.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Hippie
Hippie

12.07.2020 | 11:50 AM ET

Yeppers ^  I know all about it, I just try really hard not to speak of it on Tapology…
Justintodd43
Justintodd43
  • Predictions:  1,597  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 173

12.07.2020 | 12:05 PM ET

Karl vs. Dalcha

Fights off, Karl has COVID. Being moved to the Dec 19th card 

"A boxer is like a lion, the greatest predator on land. But you throw him in the shark tank and he’s just another meal. - Renzo Gracie"

Anthony David 24
Anthony David 24
  • Predictions:  502  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 136

12.07.2020 | 12:13 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 7 Winners, 3 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1428th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R3
"Figueiredo is just too large, too powerful, and has confidence through the roof"

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, DEC
"TONY FERGUSON will put on a emasculate performance with blood and black eyes and have his hand raised in a brawl"

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Renato Moicano, DEC
"very even bout, gonna be a split decision"

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, TKO, R1
"OOOWEEE the Trailblazer is back in the octagon, he's gonna bring his loudmouth and big hits, and is going to retire Souza"

Dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R2
"Hate to say it but JDS has been punched too many times, Gane is a future contender, and is going to make slight work of JDS"

Hooper vs. Barrett
Chase Hooper, SUB, R2
"Fighting a scrub, this man is still too young and has a lot to learn in the cage, but will be able to get his hand raised here"

* Edited at 12.07.2020, 12:14 PM ET *

"Giv'em The Three Piece With the Soda"

Hippie
Hippie

12.07.2020 | 12:17 PM ET

Page 9

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson