Topic: UFC 256

UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,994
  • Post Score: 47

08.21.2020 | 7:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 256
  • Saturday 12.12.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 503,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   vs.   Brandon Moreno   Ends in a Draw, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Tony Ferguson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Ronaldo Souza   via KO/TKO, Punches During Scramble   1:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Junior dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Elbow   2:34 Round 2 of 3, 7:34 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Daniel Pineda   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:52 Round 2 of 3, 6:52 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Renato Moicano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gavin Tucker   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tecia Torres   defeats   Sam Hughes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Peter Barrett   via Submission, Heel Hook   3:02 Round 3 of 3, 13:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

Hippie
Hippie

12.04.2020 | 10:47 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.04.2020 | 3:17 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

undisputed Champion have been undefeated this year and that include before they're win the belt in Yan or Legedary Polish Power case. But to be fair, Holloway and Reyes would of won the fights if they ain't champs

"Quack quack quack"

Chessum1995
Chessum1995
  • Predictions:  1,559  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 365

12.06.2020 | 11:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2424th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R2
This fight is a lot closer than the pecentages are suggesting, i agree that Figueiredo should be the favourite in this fight because he is a complete savage! but 88% is boarderline disrespectful of Morenos skills. When you consider that Figueiredo has finished 17 of his 20 wins meaning hes only won by decision 3 times, you could say that yes his finishing ability is crazy talented but also could be seen as slightly concerning in a match up with someone like Moreno who is yet to be finished in his 23 fight MMA pro Carear... Figueiredo has 1 sole loss on his record which was against Formiga and was by way of decision, this shows that Figueiredo is human and can be beat and given that Moreno posses some of the best wrestling attributes in the division this should certainly not be considered a banker by any means given that this was an area that played a big part in Formiga`s victory over Figgy. Moreno Fought Formiga 2 fights ago and picked up a decision victory in a closely contested fight as both have similarities to their game. Figgy Hasnt been really pushed into deep waters in a 5 round fight and given that he has shown that later into fight he has had a tendancy to slow down this could be a very dangerous fight. Moreno has great cardio and a great chin, this along with his wrestling attributes i really do think he has a good shot of grinding out a decision victory here with a wrestling heavy game plan forcing the fight to play out into later rounds in an attempt to soften up Figgy and tire him out. This styalistically could be a very bad match up for Figueiredo but on the flip side he has some nasty submissions, one of which being his guilotine which he locks up mainly during takedowns which moreno for sure could be exposed to with his wrestling approach so their certainly is routes to victory for both guys but given the current form of Figgy you really cannot go against him right now. From a betting point of view however this is a dog or pass fight in my oppinion. The odds are massively in favour of figueiredo and i just dont see much value given the caliber and style of his opponent. Personally i would avoid this and just enjoy the fight for the great contest it is going to be.

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R3
So i may get people completely disagree with me here but i honestly think that tony fergusson wins this fight everytime. i really do like Oliveira, he is great to watch and his standup has improved massively as of late. Oliveira`s best attribue is for sure his submission game but i dont think for even a moment that hes going to catch tony fergusson in a submission, hes way to savvy and skilled in submissions himself to be caught out. i think that both guys will respect eachothers ground game and leave this fight to be contested mainly on the feet which will massively favour fergusson. I cannot deny that Oliveira has made great improvements to his stand up however it is still not on the same level as Fergusson`s, hes got a much bigger variety of arsenal than Oliveira and where he excells is where Oliveira seems to struggle. Oliveira`s best stand up comes when he can strike at range and fight at his pace but has shown in the past that when pressured with high volume and forced to fight on the backfoot he really struggles and gets out classed. Fergusson`s constant pressure and in your face fighting style is a really bad match up for Oliveira and i really think this fight only has one winner. Tony Fergusson by clear Unanimous decision or a TKO finish late in the second or third round.

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Renato Moicano, SUB, R2
Great fight. Fiziev has brilliant kickboxing and if this was solely a kickboxing fight i would say that he would piece up moicano and get the win but their is more to MMA than just kickboxing and i can see Moicano using his great ground game to steal rounds back, Moicano does have great standup and so it really wouldnt be completely one sided on the feet by any means i just think that the close rounds that could sway towards fiziev if it was solely stand up will instead sway towards Moicano as he implements his take downs and submission attempts. Regardless i dont actually see the judges coming into this one as i think Moicano will eventually get the opportunity to get a takedown and use his superior ground game to lock up a submission and im going to say he gets it done in round 2.

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, DEC
Souza is way past it and Kevin Holland is on a tear right now, Holland is great at fighting from range and utilising his height and reach and he has the ability to piece up souza for 3 rounds no problem. Souza`s only route to victory is by using the clinch and his ground game which i think holland will be able to shut down using his reach anyway but should this fight hit the mat it would favour Souza but that is not to say holland will lose if it hits the mat as he does have a decent ground game himself and i think he is skilled enough to defend himself accordingly. If this fight was say 5 years ago then it would be a different story but Souza is without a doubt long over the hill now and this really should be a routine and comfortable decision win for Holland.

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R2
Another great fight here that again would be a lot closer had this been JDS from about 4 years ago. I think this is a pretty straight foward win for Gane here. JDS in o a 3 fight skid beign finished in all of them, Gane is a well rounded beast and only 30 years old which is still very young for Heavyweight and he is already showing huge potential to be a serious problem in this division. He is big is a big, strong kickboxer with ground and submission game aswell which is actually quite unique for the heavyweight division. I am yet to see him really demonstrate the sort of KO power that is expected from Heavyweights though but this could be the fight to do it as JDS has been finished in his last 3 fights and his chin certainly is looking a bit shot as of late. Gane certainly has the potential for a big future at Heavyweight and this could be the perfect big name fight to really catapult him into the top 10 rankings and really be in talk of title contention.

* Edited at 12.06.2020, 1:14 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

12.06.2020 | 1:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 1684th

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Charles Oliveira, SUB, R2
I'm not sure what sort of fight to expect. Overall, I think Tony Ferguson is the better fighter but his style is unpredictable to say the least and sometimes this works for him and sometimes it doesn't but I don't think it will this time as Charles Oliveira is very good on the ground and I've got a sneaky feeling that he'll be able to find a submission. Should be a great fight though!

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R1
Junior dos Santos's best days are far behind him.

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
Mackenzie Dern is a great fighter but I feel that too many people sleep on Virna Jandiroba's talent. Too many people sleep on the women's Strawweight division and WMMA in general and which is a massive shame as you can often get some great fights. For instance, Tecia Torres VS Angela Hill 2 should be another great women's Strawweight fight on this card and the Flyweight fight between Andrea Lee and Gillian Robertson should be another cracking fight!

Lee vs. Robertson
Gillian Robertson, DEC
Andrea Lee hasn't been in the best form recently while Gillian Robertson has. I don't think that Robertson will be able to get a finish here but it should be a fairly comfortable win.

Torres vs. Hill II
Tecia Torres, DEC
Angela Hill always seems to get unlucky with the judges so if this goes the distance, which I think it will, then she's lost.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.06.2020 | 2:15 PM ET

Anyone who put money on Chase Hooper to make his odds rise from -250, to -400, I want to thank you personally to be **** gambler,  and giving me better odds on Peter Barret

* Edited at 12.06.2020, 2:21 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

HiDefff
HiDefff

12.06.2020 | 2:23 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 943rd

I'm just hoping nothing gets cancelled. We could use 14 fights after last nights cancellations 
NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

12.06.2020 | 3:03 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 3082nd

People really think Oliveria is gonna sub Ferguson....hilarious.

It's not gonna happen.
bartek_bytom01
bartek_bytom01
  • Predictions:  36,392  |  76.4%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 142

12.06.2020 | 3:20 PM ET

Gane vs JDS

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 1078th

It's big step forward for Game. From Abrek to JDS but I think that fight with Gane gonna be hard for JDS, Gane can knock him out, he can win by dec.
Hippie
Hippie

12.06.2020 | 3:36 PM ET

Hippie
Hippie

12.06.2020 | 4:47 PM ET

****!

******* Tony Ferguson vs. Charles Oliveira is a crazy matchup!!
Pulling for Tony but anything could happen!!!
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.06.2020 | 5:43 PM ET

Unpopular oppion but I think Figurado  sleeps Mighty Mouse right now and I think Moreno wins a decsion agaist Mighty Mouse. Think Hes getting a bit old tbh and I think the Flyweight have been improving Rapidly. 

* Edited at 12.06.2020, 5:44 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hippie
Hippie

12.06.2020 | 6:12 PM ET

I don’t think Figueiredo is going to run over Moreno so easy, imo! 
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,779  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

12.06.2020 | 6:53 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

i agree with hippie. i think its going to be very close hard fought battle. and the deeper it goes the more it favors moreno.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

12.06.2020 | 6:55 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3469th

Objective Unpopular Truth: Everybody just thinks the flyweight division has improved because MM measuring stick isn’t there anymore. MM will always be top 5 “p4p all time” and it’s hilarious that he gets discredited for making everyone else look like they suck.

MM even now UDs Figueredo and likely even subs him in the championship rounds.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.06.2020 | 6:57 PM ET

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.06.2020 | 6:59 PM ET

Wanna know what’s more impressive than starching Joseph Benevidez in the first round in 2020? Doing it in 2013 when he was a prime contender coming off of a KO over the last person to beat Figgy.

im uh kick
im uh kick
  • Predictions:  338  |  49.4%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 232

12.06.2020 | 7:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1988th

Holland vs. Souza
Ronaldo Souza, DEC
홀랜드가 현재까지 맞붙었던 상대중에 가장강할것으로 예상됩니다 소우자가 이긴다봐요

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

12.06.2020 | 8:02 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1330th

Who you guys got?

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,779  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

12.06.2020 | 8:44 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 1873rd

oliveira, technically better everywhere.

*** is up with that pic?

* Edited at 12.06.2020, 8:46 PM ET *

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.06.2020 | 8:59 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2100th

Charles Oliviera is not going to beat Tony Ferguson.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 22 hours, and 26 minutes from now.

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case