Topic: UFC 256

UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,009
  • Post Score: 47

08.21.2020 | 7:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 256
  • Saturday 12.12.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 503,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   vs.   Brandon Moreno   Ends in a Draw, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Tony Ferguson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Ronaldo Souza   via KO/TKO, Punches During Scramble   1:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Junior dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Elbow   2:34 Round 2 of 3, 7:34 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Daniel Pineda   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:52 Round 2 of 3, 6:52 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Renato Moicano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gavin Tucker   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tecia Torres   defeats   Sam Hughes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Peter Barrett   via Submission, Heel Hook   3:02 Round 3 of 3, 13:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 7

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

11.29.2020 | 5:55 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

I’m i retarted that I want to put a little bet on Junior if the line is steep on Gane. I think Gane is really overated and I think he’ll win but I might play the line.

"Quack quack quack"

im uh kick
im uh kick
  • Predictions:  338  |  49.4%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 232

11.29.2020 | 7:47 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1988th

im fiziev fan fiziev win ples
mikesuarez12
mikesuarez12
  • Predictions:  4,939  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 259

11.30.2020 | 12:41 PM ET

Olivera is underrated

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1947th

I'm predicting this to be Olivera's mainstream breakout fight. The guy's 1 finish away from tying Anderson Silva's finish streak record of 8. Nobody is talking about that. 

It's really hard to say who'll have the advantage anywhere. Tony is an ace at BJJ but he's fighting the guy with literally the company record for subs. Olivera also has vastly improved his striking and I don't think cardio will play that much of a factor being it's only 3 rounds. 

Tony is also a bit older and has taken alot of abuse this year with the Geathje fight and the weight cuts. Tony has a ROUGH weight cutt to 155, whereas Olivera used to be a 45er and moved up. 

Definitely the most interesting fight on the card.  

"I've been saying it"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

11.30.2020 | 1:54 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 3469th

@Mikesuarez Maybe the most interesting matchup of the YEAR honestly. This is like fantasy levels of "what could happen?"

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.30.2020 | 2:44 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 2671st

Hey tieoken is that gold name correct are you an editor now?
Tieoken
Tieoken

11.30.2020 | 2:52 PM ET

@Free. Lol, I was annoying @Greg with all of my Nebraska MMA submission requests so he asked me if I wanted to take it over. I'm just a provincial editor for Nebraska data entry. I have no real power lol.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.30.2020 | 3:00 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 2671st

That's cool man. I imagine you might be the only fighter/editor you should formally request to have a gold and blue name.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.30.2020 | 3:08 PM ET

I honesly don't know if he has improve, Im leaning yes but he did fought alot of meh fighter with his best win being   Kevin Lee who always losses and Jim Miller.  But at the same time he look like his skills has Improve. 

* Edited at 11.30.2020, 3:11 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

11.30.2020 | 6:16 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2551st

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R2
This is a great fight either can win, Tony is bigger tougher and has been finished once I know of. Correction he was subbed by some mutant back in 09

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

11.30.2020 | 7:02 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2551st

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, TKO, R1
10 years ago this would be a lock for Jacare, Kevin should have this he woulda beat jack too.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,799  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,187
  • Post Score: 192

12.01.2020 | 8:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2450th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Brandon Moreno, SUB, R3
Quick return for both and my pick is based on the fact that Figuieredo is more affected by the weight cut. Deivison will probably have a reduction in his energy, if the fights get stale it is very likely that Moreno will take control: he has a good jaw, good wrestling and maybe he will achieve a submission in the 3rd or 4th Round.

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, SUB, R2
A high risk fight for Ferguson, Oliveira has improved his striking a lot over the years. Ferguson is known for improvising. I think Tony maybe caught Oliveira with a guillotine or D'Arce choke.

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, DEC
Cigano's best time is over. I won has a reach advantage and has been less hurt compared to a JDS that comes from 3 losses via TKO. Cigano may surprise you with its speed, but it's unlikely.

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Renato Moicano, DEC
A close fight, Moicano has an advantage in the submissions and it would be essential that he close distance and look for takedowns in the first round. Fiziev has spectacular striking and good takedown defense. Possible FOTN.

Holland vs. Souza
Ronaldo Souza, SUB, R2
In the past Brendan Allen finished Holland on the ground. Pick from the heart but Jacaré is a legend, dangerous both on his feet and on the ground as long as he does not show his lack of activity as in the fight I think he can win on his return to the middleweight division.

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Mackenzie Dern, SUB, R1
Dern has a superior BJJ, once on the ground he will probably finish with an armbar or a rear-naked choke.

Grant vs. Li
Jingliang Li, TKO, R2
Jingliang Li has a better chin, his win vs. Zaleski Dos Santos has great merit. No doubt Li will easily finish a noticeably more tired Grant in the second round.

Torres vs. Hill II
Tecia Torres, DEC
4 of the 5 defeats of Tecia have been against the champions of the category. Tecia is short in stature and reach, but has great strength. Clinch control and unanimous decision for Tecia Torres. POTENTIAL SPOILER of the aftermatch: For the third time in a row, Overkill will come out of the octagon annoyed and will speak others on social networks.

Hooper vs. Barrett
Chase Hooper, SUB, R1
Bruce Leeroy showed how green Ben Askren's youngest son still is. but against Barrett they will probably get some takedown and dominance. If it ends in the distance, maybe a potential majority draw.

Quarantillo vs. Tucker
Gavin Tucker, SUB, R3
Tucker improved his fight on his feet a lot, he also has a great ability to take down. It is a very even match up. Quarantillo has had a great year, but I pick Tucker for the upset.

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, SUB, R2
Spivak easily wins using wrestling and submission game. Vanderaa will probably be empty after the first round.

Swanson vs. Pineda
Daniel Pineda, DEC
Pineda's two key wins in PFL were overtuned by Cannabis. His performance vs. Burns was amazing, excellent ground and pound and finished from crucifix position. Swanson doubt that he will be the same after his last injury and so many wars in the past.

Lee vs. Robertson
Andrea Lee, DEC
Andrea Lee can easily win if she uses the same strategy like the fight against Montana De La Rosa. The key is to keep the fight standing, another loss could mean the UFC cut for Lee.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

12.02.2020 | 3:57 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3548th

Moreno should be called  ‘nino asesino’ which is assassin kid in espanish

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

12.02.2020 | 10:06 PM ET

Duck first thought bets idea

I Haven't done any reseach, Just going off memory. Want Taoplogy Feedback. Like or dislike my bets

BIG BETS (4-5) Unit

Renato Moicato @+115- Renato is a way more well rounded guy and he not just gonna kickbox with him like Mark Diakese is, I think he subment him because he good at Jiu Jitsu. Im a little worried he get slept like in the Aldo and Zombie fight.. Also the Stand up will be close because this ain't Muay Thai this is MMA But at + Money I take a risk.I might take the risk on Renato by Sub or 1st round Sub

Virna Jandroba@+140. Think Virna has the fight IQ to not go in Mackenzee Dern guard not like Dum Dum Cipher and Markos. I need to do reseach on her stand up but she has the grapling to stop Mackenzee Dern 1 in 20 takedown percentage

Mid Level Bet (2-3) Unit

Andrea Lee @+150 But im betting the Decsion Prop when it comes out. Think Andra is a better fight only fear is that anyone who can score a takedown beats her. But Gillan ain't Jojo, Murphy or Roxaine and all 3 of those fights were split going of memory and to top female flyweight

Stap in the Dark Bets- Think They lose but 1 Unit

Junior Dos Santos +320. Not impress with Gane, Junior look like Dog **** in his Curtis Blaydes fight, He looked decent in the Rozenstruck one. Think Gane will  be a top 15 guy but never a top 5 guy because he can't knock anyone out. Junior is the Veturun and could outpoint him to the win

Peter Barret +330- Why is the guy who got domunanted in his last fight -400, One rule in Betting Fade conteder series guy because In general they are overated. Don't think Barret good but Hooper ain't that better, Should be pick em in my oppion

* Edited at 12.03.2020, 12:42 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.02.2020 | 10:35 PM ET

I actually like those bets duck. I think JDS is toast though. But as far as dogs go Barret isn’t the worst pick.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.02.2020 | 10:43 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2100th

I don't like any of these TBH. I think the bookies are about right on all of them. I'll kick in my two cents:

Renato Moicano   vs.   Rafael Fiziev 

I don't like Moicano here. The thing about Renato is that he's an EXTREMELY orthodox thai fighter who frames up in very predictable patterns and his footwork telegraphs it. Moicano strikes in MMA like it's a Muay Thai fight. Fiziev is an incredibly elusive fighter, his sense of timing and preemptive striking defense/slips is some really, really high level ****. It's more likely than not to me that he decisions Moicano and a TKO wouldn't shock me because Renato is prone to leaving himself open to big counters and yes, Fiziev has some really quality ones.  Moicano's best path to win is by sub, I agree with you there.

Andrea Lee   vs.   Gillian Robertson 

Duck bro I think you're on drugs for this one. What about anything of Lee's last three performances makes you think Lee is going to be doing anything other than laying on her back with Gillian between her legs for the majority of every round--or won't simply just get subbed? Botelho has better TDD and is generally bigger and stronger than Lee. She's also got power which Lee does not. Lee is the queen of dropping splits and that's because she couldn't knock the dust of a powdered doughnut, backtrots, and generally looks ridiculous and judges don't like her. Honestly a bet on Lee is an AIDS bubo and you and everyone else in the world should stay way from it.

Mackenzie Dern   vs.   Virna Jandiroba

Jandiroba is not a better BJJ practitioner than Dern. Let's just get that out of the way. There are blackbelts, and there are blackbelts. If Jandiroba wants to get into a BJJ pissing contest with Dern she's probably going to get subbed, and that's just how it is. There are many reasons why Dern is overrated but her BJJ chops are as real as ****. Jandiroba is not Ribas. Ribas beat Dern with athleticism, wrestling, speed, and TDD. Jandiroba is not on her level.

I'm not saying she can't keep this standing and take a dec, but the odds on her are about right IMO.

* Edited at 12.02.2020, 10:52 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 8 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

12.03.2020 | 7:50 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 3082nd

I like Dern and I've won a lot of money on her lately but this fight is a pick em. Neither one has great standup and both have excellent ground game.

Let's take a look at some of Dern's wins.

Amanda Cooper-Doesnt belong in UFC and gets subbed by everyone.

Hannah Cifers-Dana White: "Hey, Hannah...wanna catch this L? We've got 12 G's to help you get your opponent an easy dub." Hannah-"Ok, uncle Dana!"

Hannah also rocked Dern on the feet then went for a takedown and got subbed...poor little country girl has no fight IQ but the heart of a lion.

Amanda Markos-Has been trading wins and losses in the UFC ever since she came to the promotion. Well...that finally got snapped as she has lost 2 in a row.

Again..I like Dern but all we've seen is her go to the mat and submit these low level chicks and she's finally facing someone who's just as competent with the grappling and submission chops. I'm for sure gonna take a dog stab at Virna as I've also won a lot of money picking her. Dern has looked bad on the feet and although Virna may not get the sub..she can for sure avoid the subs and grind out a decision. I like the experience and I like that the books are gifting us with dog money on a Brazilian in what could be a BJJ showdown.

Tieoken
Tieoken

12.03.2020 | 8:50 AM ET

I'll say it for the millionth time, her "combat" BJJ is good -- no more no less. If you put here in a SUB only (no point wins) NoGi match I'm sure she'd actually rate pretty much well-above average. If you put her in that same situation where the person on top can punch her in the face, she's just a bit above average. Just watch the Ribas fight. And Ribas isn't even that great on the ground.

HiDefff
HiDefff

12.03.2020 | 9:09 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 943rd

Dern fell down trying to throw a kick she cannot throw and Markos like a complete ****** dove into her guard. I wouldnt give Dern any credit or much at all there. Im gonna let the Amanda Markos thing slide tho since you made great points 
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

12.03.2020 | 2:51 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 2450th

To me Dern-Jandiroba is 50-50. I may bet on jandiroba simply because the ods are not close

"Never go down without a fight"

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

12.04.2020 | 12:55 AM ET

@HiDEff @Hyrm

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 3082nd

Right on...Randa Markos not Amanda. 

Glad someone appreciates my points.

Hyrm-Exactly man. It's 50/50 may as well take a shot on what the books have deemed the underdog.

* Edited at 12.04.2020, 1:06 AM ET *

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags
  • UFC.com : Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Why Timing Is Everything For Matheus Nicolau
  • MMA Junkie : Tatsuro Taira fills UFC 302 opening, fights Joshua Van
  • MMAFighting.com : Ronda Rousey blasts Joe Rogan, MMA media for turning on her: ‘They’re a bunch of assh*les’
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Preview
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny