Topic: UFC 256

UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,994
  • Post Score: 47

08.21.2020 | 7:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 256
  • Saturday 12.12.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 503,000 avg. viewers (ESPN 2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   vs.   Brandon Moreno   Ends in a Draw, Majority   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Oliveira   defeats   Tony Ferguson   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mackenzie Dern   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Ronaldo Souza   via KO/TKO, Punches During Scramble   1:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ciryl Gane   defeats   Junior dos Santos   via KO/TKO, Elbow   2:34 Round 2 of 3, 7:34 Total Bout Page
Cub Swanson   defeats   Daniel Pineda   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   1:52 Round 2 of 3, 6:52 Total Bout Page
Rafael Fiziev   defeats   Renato Moicano   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:05 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gavin Tucker   defeats   Billy Quarantillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tecia Torres   defeats   Sam Hughes   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (eye Injury)   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Chase Hooper   defeats   Peter Barrett   via Submission, Heel Hook   3:02 Round 3 of 3, 13:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

12.09.2020 | 5:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3296th

Hooper vs. Barrett
Peter Barrett, DEC

........No. I'm not gonna back Chase as a heavy favorite when he dropped a very stinky decision to Alex as a MODERATE favorite. I'd be happier with Peter, because at least he gave a decent go against Zalal. I don't know who wins, but if you think Chase is just gonna take Pete down and sub him, you gotta give me an essay after watching his last fight with Alex to prove me otherwise. Good luck.

* Edited at 12.09.2020, 6:02 AM ET *

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

NgannouPunch
NgannouPunch
  • Predictions:  436  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  978
  • Post Score: 224

12.09.2020 | 6:11 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 3082nd

Making decisions based off of a fighters last fight isnt always the move.

Guys that want it work on their game and make improvements....especially after a loss.

Jake Collier last week is a good example. Parker Porky the week before is another example. Sure these are lower level guys but we cant take away from how they bounced back from defeat after looking bad.

This week's example is Tony Ferguson. "Oh Gaethje gave him such a beating...he's old...he's got too much damage..."

I wont be taking Tony's last fight into consideration there were too many factors leading to his loss and he's one of the hungriest and hardest working fighters in MMA.

* Edited at 12.09.2020, 7:49 AM ET *

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

12.09.2020 | 8:26 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 7 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

Torres vs. Hughes
Tecia Torres, DEC
Torres has only lost to champions her whole ufc career with the acceptance of Marina (10-1). I don't see Hughes making her debut defeating The Tiny Tornado

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,141
  • Post Score: 333

12.09.2020 | 9:37 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1330th

Fig by tko 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

magestratu
magestratu
  • Predictions:  253  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 149

12.09.2020 | 11:30 AM ET

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3624th

I`m making this post just out of pure curioisty
Lets just simple analyse the fight between Dern and Jandiroba
First we have derns striking, it is clear from a mile that Dern striking isn`t the best but atleast when she throws a combo of strikes she retreats her fists to her head and no the her chest as jandiroba does ( that in boxing it`s called the begginers mistake.... to throw a jab and then return it to your chest), as I`ve been watching jandirobas last fights beside left jab and right overhand she does not throw anything, so on the striking I might say convinced that Dern is better because of the way she combines the punches, look at the speed between the jab jab hook she throws..... good till now, next chapter is grappling
Many of you would say Derns grappling is not high enough based on the Ribas fight but lets not forgett ribas come from a BJJ/Judo family also having her father as a coach, lets not forget aswell that she is a black belt in both Judo and BJJ, for those of you who have never fought a judo fighter, the difference between judo and bjj fighters is strength, judo fighters have less technique but more strength and bjj fighters have more technique but less strength, alright, one of the reasons why she could pin her to the mat .... also lets not forget that Ribas came for a higher weight class to fight Dern and it could be seen also on their size but also on the extra strenth ribas had to pin down Dern .... we`re good till now also watch the speed of getting into finishing techniques both of them have .... Dern is 1.5 seconds faster into getting in submissions I mean obviously.... she`s adcc/abu dhabi/world bjj champion not once but many times and also gold and silver at the open categorys wich is insane
The only part that makes me doubt my decision it`s the wrestling part wich I have not seen Derns but I have seen Jandirobas, I think Jandiroba is a strong wrestler don`t know about Dern but all of this being said

I have Dern better on striking better on grappling (watch her results in grappling, check wikipedia)
There could be a chapter where Jandiroba could be better and that`s wrestling
But anyways I got 2 out of 3 for Dern
So my decision strategically analyzed based on my experience is
 Dern will win
What`s your opinion, based on analysis and not passion, passion don`t wins money when you gamble .
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,494  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,550
  • Post Score: 236

12.09.2020 | 12:10 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 295 Points   |   Tied for 2034th

Figueiredo vs. Moreno
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R2
I've wanted to see this matchup since Moreno got back in the UFC. I'd say he has the best chance of unseating the champ of anyone in the division right now, and a way better chance than Cody NoChin would've had. That being said, Figueiredo is on a different level and the pick is always him winning inside the distance, regardless of opponent. I think this is going to be a typical Club n' Sub, Fig knocks him down and locks up a choke while he's hurt. Moreno won't tap, he'll go to sleep and add to the highlight reel like a goddamn warrior.

Ferguson vs. Oliveira
Tony Ferguson, TKO, R3
My hands get sweaty just thinking about this fight. I don't see either of these guys finishing each other, but I don't expect a decision, so that leaves injury TKO. Ferguson has a ton of those.

Moicano vs. Fiziev
Rafael Fiziev, DEC
I wouldn't be surprised if Fiziev got the KO, but as far as betting this fight is dog or pass.

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, TKO, R3
Holland has a 9 inch reach advantage and averages twice as many significant strikes

dos Santos vs. Gane
Ciryl Gane, TKO, R1
Rocket this man to the top

Swanson vs. Pineda
Daniel Pineda, SUB, R2
Wow these are great odds, Pineda should be -200 at least.

Dern vs. Jandiroba
Virna Jandiroba, DEC
I think Jandiroba is good enough at BJJ to avoid the sub and control enough of this fight to win. Dern's stand-up looked terrible in that last fight, Markos could have won if she had stayed on the feet.

Torres vs. Hughes
Tecia Torres, DEC
If Hughes wins this fight, it puts her in elite company. Torres only loses to the absolute best of WMMA.

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Sergey Spivak, SUB, R2
I thought Vanderaa was biting off more than he could chew when he made this callout. Let's see.

Hooper vs. Barrett
Chase Hooper, SUB, R1
How much do you think Chase "The Sponge" Hooper has learned from Hall and Sandhagen since moving gyms? I'm going to guess he learned a lot.

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.09.2020 | 2:18 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

@ngagnue I don't think Tony will get a whole lot better because hes 35 and only had 8 months to get better while being a top 20 great of all time so they less to improve, I think it more about matchup and I think Charles doesn't have the style to beat him like Dustin, Justin, Hooker and Maybe Conor 

* Edited at 12.09.2020, 2:59 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

bazik
bazik

12.09.2020 | 3:00 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 3296th

Does anyone believe in Tucker's victory?
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

12.09.2020 | 3:15 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2100th

@Bazik it's a closer fight than the Tap majority of picks indicate but Qurantillo is a bad fight for him. Tucker doesn't have the counter-wrestling or cardio. So unless he wins by hail Mary KO/TKO within the opening minutes he's probably going to be spending the majority of his time on the bottom and will either drop a decision or get subbed late IMO.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 23 hours, and 23 minutes from now.
berxwedan
berxwedan
  • Predictions:  257  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 125

12.09.2020 | 3:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3508th

Spivak vs. Vanderaa
Jared Vanderaa, TKO, R1
Spivak might get hurt by a shot but I don

Hooper vs. Barrett
Chase Hooper, SUB, R1
Barrett dude is slowing down a lot. I see a submission for Hooper easily in the first 2 rounds.

Jspecdriver
Jspecdriver
  • Predictions:  1,911  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 143

12.09.2020 | 4:02 PM ET

UFC 256 winner

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 1643rd

The clear winner is Covid-19, wear a mask wash your ass

"The absolute best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the 2nd best time is right NOW."

FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

12.09.2020 | 8:42 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 2189th

Holland vs. Souza
Kevin Holland, TKO, R2
Can't trust Jacare anymore based off last fight. Guy just looked slow, weak, and too clinch desperate. He's durable however and if this makes it to the mat Jacare will win by submission. But Holland is the fresh blood in the town. He is faster, more vicious, and more hungry. He will win in my eyes.

Torres vs. Hughes
Tecia Torres, DEC
55/45 fight for Torres. Your guess is as good as mine.

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

12.09.2020 | 10:30 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 3548th

How you gonna break your nose a week before the fight Andrea Lee

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

12.09.2020 | 10:31 PM ET

Like both those girls too hope it get rebooked for the January PPV, more eyes for both of them 

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

12.09.2020 | 10:33 PM ET

Also anyone find it funny that Grant got covid and got pulled from his fight with Li Jingliang, not funny like a clown but funny like weird...is he state sponsored or something?

Hippie
Hippie

12.09.2020 | 11:45 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 3246th

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

12.10.2020 | 5:16 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3316th

Tony Ferguson is my favourite fighter because he one of the only all time great that not only scared of taking risk, But does the opposite. I think Tony has to be really shot to loss to Charles Olivera. People forgetting who El Cucey is because they only remember the last fight. MMA fans have the memory of Goldfish with dementia 

* Edited at 12.10.2020, 5:21 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

12.10.2020 | 9:51 AM ET

Call me crazy this week...

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2404th

Four picks I am really comfortable betting this week. Think some of you are going disagree about my co main pick 
https://www.delinquentmma.com/post/ufc-256-figueiredo-vs-moreno-predictions

"Delinquent MMA"

magestratu
magestratu
  • Predictions:  253  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 149

12.10.2020 | 10:02 AM ET

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 3624th

Man... you can`t give betting tips when your percentage win is 57.3 it`s almost like using a flipping coin bot to choose who wins. You just can`t give betting tips, end of the story 
HiDefff
HiDefff

12.10.2020 | 11:22 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 943rd

Did Oliveira just lose a cornerman to Covid? with contact tracing do we lose this fight as well or??????

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’