Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Clark

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,011
  • Post Score: 47

08.18.2020 | 11:14 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 11.28.2020 at 08:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN | Prelims: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Smith vs. Clark
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 15
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • TV Ratings: 1.06M avg. viewers
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Anthony Smith   defeats   Devin Clark   via Submission, Triangle Choke   2:34 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Miguel Baeza   defeats   Takashi Sato   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:28 Round 2 of 3, 9:28 Total Bout Page
Parker Porter   defeats   Josh Parisian   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bill Algeo   defeats   Spike Carlyle   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Norma Dumont   defeats   Ashlee Evans-Smith   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Pearce   defeats   Kai Kamaka III   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:28 Round 2 of 3, 9:28 Total Bout Page
Anderson dos Santos   defeats   Martin Day   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   4:35 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gina Mazany   defeats   Rachael Ostovich   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:10 Round 3 of 3, 14:10 Total Bout Page
Sumudaerji   defeats   Malcolm Gordon   via KO/TKO, Straight Punches   0:44 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Nate Maness   defeats   Luke Sanders   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:29 Round 2 of 3, 7:29 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

11.25.2020 | 2:53 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 971st

Did you just make a D&D reference on an MMA forum? I feel so confused, which website am I on.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,258
  • Post Score: 136

11.25.2020 | 3:55 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 560th

Yeah I did I thought would have to win the lottery for a ko sounded weird.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

11.25.2020 | 4:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 691st

Evans-Smith vs. Dumont
Norma Dumont, DEC
Another great fight!!!!!!!!. Norma lasted 4 minute with Amanda Nunes next title challenger at Women Featheweight. And You know Amanda Nunes is the Goat who gave the earth a gift and smashed the boring Valitina Shevshinko twice and didn't let her touch the Women Battamweight title and make that division boring like she did to Women Flyweight. Ashely Evan Smith lost to on a "3 fight lossing streak" Andrea Lee," Losing record "Moraes and the "Bum who get knock out by Aldanda"Keitlan Viera. Ufc need more hot chicks so this is a set up fight,

Day vs. dos Santos
Martin Day, DEC
Going off memory of 2 fighters I don't really care about, Martin Day is probley the better fighter. Martin Day was in a close fight with Davey Grant, He looked decent, And could of won the decsion if he didn't get slept by a Brutal Left Hook, And the Pinguin Lu fight was a robary. Lot less impress with Dos Santas getting piece up by Eweel. And Can't really rembeber the Nad Narimani fight.But respect to both of these kids because they both tough and have fun fights, Another fight I wouldn't touch with a 20 ft poll betting

Kamaka III vs. Pearce
Jonathan Pearce, DEC
Can't really take anyone who lost to Joe Lauzon in 2019 serrioslly as a fighter.But to be fair to Pearce, It Joe ******* Lauzon still and his offence is still good, Just his Cardio and durabily that is no longer gone. Kamakai III is slightly better pound for pound as he had close fight with Tony Kelly, But Tony Kelly is not that great and I think he's last fight was a bantamweight right. And Pearce Is a lightweight so he has gonna have the size advantage and at +315, Its a ok stab in the dark bet

Maness vs. Sanders
Nate Maness, TKO, R2
Hard fight to pick because I think Sanders Is better then he record says he is. He has power and a good fighter from what I see. I think he win this fight and be 15-1 if he has fight IQ.Because he look really good in the Andre Soccorman, fight before getting slept and the same with the Alcatari fight with the Kneebar. Hard to trust him and I wouldn't touch this fight betting with a 20ft pole, But I rather go on the smarted fighter who becoming the dog

P.s Im being Sarcastic on the Norma pick, Don't card about the fight, so I just made a joke explantion. Just picking Norma because I see Ashley Evans Smith loss

* Edited at 11.25.2020, 4:15 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

eprimer12
eprimer12
  • Predictions:  345  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 231

11.25.2020 | 4:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 2950th

Algeo vs. Carlyle
Spike Carlyle, TKO, R1
GING

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.25.2020 | 4:59 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 255 Points   |   Tied for 1547th

@Free in all seriousness I wouldn't buy it for a number of reasons. Foremostly because it would be too much of a headache to run and there's too many people to deal with. And I'd have to pay Greg to maintain it. And whatever return I'd make wouldn't be worth time invested. No real volume.

It could be a lot better than it is, and that's because like the majority of people running busineses Greg is an excellent builder ( and admin/mod) and not so great at business. Different skills. I have met hundreds of such people in my life. Great at the practical, terrible at the abstract.

I know this because Tap's Alexa rank is god-awful especially considering its age. You can look it up if you don't believe me. Even Sherdog has better ranking and it's a pile of **** compared to this site. If Greg wants this site to experience real growth he needs to bring in better heads which I have no doubt he will never do due to obstinacy and overvaluation of his own abilities.

Probably someone will create a new site modeled from Tap with a better head for business and Tap will kind of become the myspace of whatever sites like this are. That's my best guess, and probably what the future looks like.

* Edited at 11.25.2020, 5:35 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 5 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
eprimer12
eprimer12
  • Predictions:  345  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 231

11.25.2020 | 5:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 2950th

Maness vs. Sanders
Nate Maness, DEC
Nate

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

11.25.2020 | 5:14 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 971st

I do not understand anything you just said @Fish. But if Sherdog gets more visitors than Tapology that is hilariously troubling. Because that website is indeed a literal pile of horse****. I've met ONE person involved in MMA who actually uses it (a recruiter at ATT hilariously enough). Sherdog is like an epileptic dog that ****s the carpet and then smears it all over.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.25.2020 | 5:25 PM ET

It is, yes.

Tap needed an app five years ago. That should be the second  priority. The first is better infrastructure to handle increased traffic.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, 5 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.25.2020 | 5:44 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 2031st

@fish just for the record. 

How many mma websites have you created, managed, maintained and then upgraded and profited from?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,678  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

11.25.2020 | 5:58 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 2785th

I like some of the stats Sherdog tracks, but man that is an awful 2009-ass webpage. Probably hosted by GoDaddy.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

11.25.2020 | 6:03 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 691st

Im so exited to watch Curtis Blaydes bounce Derrick Lewis head of the Canvous like a baskerball and watch the same fans who praise Valintina last fight for being a complete fight with lot of action and not competive at all ***** about this fight being Lay and Pray.

P.s Most likely opption, But Derrick can catch him at lest  25% of the time just to kept it clear

* Edited at 11.25.2020, 6:18 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hippie
Hippie

11.25.2020 | 7:11 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 180 Points   |   Tied for 2430th

@ Free 😎

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

11.25.2020 | 7:54 PM ET

@Free absolutely none. Not one. None at all. And God willing, I will never have to.

And that means absolutely nothing whatsoever. More importantly. why would I bother? I can get a better return from one trade than Greg makes in six months of busting his arse running this site god knows how many hours per day. I bet on people who do the stuff. I don't do the stuff. It's not my job to do the stuff. It's my job to evaluate the probability of success, in the market, of people who do stuff. And I'm very good at it.

I'm glad there are Gregs in the world because if there were only people like me in it nothing would ever get created, built or done. We are a sort of  disease, really. We contribute almost nothing in any meaningful way to commerce in general ( apart from capital, I suppose which has some role in the creation of stuff) and profit more from the work of others who do without having really...done, anything. I am...how can I put this; totally unnecessary...essentially useless, whereas Greg is essential. Necessary. If people like Greg are ships, people like me are the barnacles on their hulls.

If you really want to know, it makes no difference to me whether this site stays on its current plateau or not. It's fine the way it is, and I have enjoyed being here. It is a VERY good site. If I were going to continue to participate here after this year, and nothing ever changed I would still consider it a great site. It is not as entertaining as it once was, because the more recent clientele signups are mostly dull. boring. non-creative dittoheads. But it's still better than anything else going.

I will reiterate; Greg is an excellent builder, moderator, and admin, but he is not a good businessman. He either does not know where to go next, or is happy with the status quo.  That is true of most people who are good at building. That's why they hire other people to take care of such things for them, and that's what Greg needs to do if he wants to expand his business. Maybe he doesn't, and that's fine too. I don't know where he's at in life. If he's happy with things that's all that matters. Not everything is about wealth. At this point I could probably never work an honest day again fairly comfortably but I'm still going back to study next year, because it isn't about money. You have to invest in yourself, too.

Hippie
Hippie

11.25.2020 | 8:21 PM ET

Are u drinking @ Fish?  That’s good **** mate! No reason to leave, u can still do what u do best & I think that is writing & still drop in!!  Maybe write a script, book, **** anything!  U got skills man!

****, is the site closing shop?  I hope not!

No not everything is about money but u do need money to get by in this ****** world!
U should always keep learning, never stop that..

Any who Happy Thanksgiving early (if ur into that ****)

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.25.2020 | 8:27 PM ET

@hippie happy Thanksgiving buddy.!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.25.2020 | 8:30 PM ET

@fish seriously? Four paragraphs? I'll save that post for tomorrow with my coffee. 

This is me sometimes listening reading your posts  

******* know-it-all Australian.

* Edited at 11.25.2020, 8:31 PM ET *

Hippie
Hippie

11.25.2020 | 8:33 PM ET

^

Haha @ Free 😆
Thx mate u2!!
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

11.25.2020 | 8:33 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 309th

I always preferred this site to others because of the smaller community, meaning members are more meaningful and you get a good crowd in live threads. It was very busy forum at one time, especially when there were very thoughtful members who put a lot of work into creating fantasy leagues, etc. 

You don't see that on Sherdog, Tapology is a small knit community where you actually have pro fighters or amateur who post a long side fans, that should show you something about the quality of this web site. Gregory has always done an excellent job, he is a fair and just man. 

Basically, I don't think this site would be the same if it were like Sherdog in size. It's nice and quiet here.

Kind of a random post but in reply to making the site bigger in size. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

11.25.2020 | 8:34 PM ET

@hippie mazany is the new miesha tate. 
She trains with "THE" James Krause.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

11.25.2020 | 8:34 PM ET

Predictions: 1 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 2923rd

@ImperatorFishrat

I seriously hope you're wrong about this site becoming obsolete but it's true that all sites need to move with the times but the important thing is to do so without ruining the things that made it great in the first place. I've left a few sites that were once good but then had a drastic change to "update" or "modernise" it and it ended up ruining the site. However, this site has managed the last decade or so very well under @Gregory's management and I trust that he knows what's best for it.

Good luck with whatever you do in the future and we'd all love to see you pop back now and then even if it is just to remind us how ******** we are! The forums will become a lot quieter, that's for sure.

I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center