Topic: UFC 255

UFC 255: Figueiredo vs. Perez

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,826
  • Post Score: 47

08.07.2020 | 12:38 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 255
  • Saturday 11.21.2020 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN 2
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 587,000 avg. viewers (ESPN2 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Alex Perez   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:57 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Valentina Shevchenko   defeats   Jennifer Maia   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Tim Means   defeats   Mike Perry   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Katlyn Cerminara   defeats   Cynthia Calvillo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Paul Craig   defeats   Maurício Rua   via KO/TKO, Tapped to Strikes   3:36 Round 2 of 3, 8:36 Total Bout Page
Brandon Moreno   defeats   Brandon Royval   via KO/TKO, Shoulder Injury and Ground and Pound   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Joaquin Buckley   defeats   Jordan Wright   via KO/TKO, Hooks   0:18 Round 2 of 3, 5:18 Total Bout Page
Antonina Shevchenko   defeats   Ariane Lipski   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 2 of 3, 9:33 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Daniel Rodriguez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alan Jouban   defeats   Jared Gooden   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyle Daukaus   defeats   Dustin Stoltzfus   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Sasha Palatnikov   defeats   Louis Cosce   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   2:27 Round 3 of 3, 12:27 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 8

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.17.2020 | 11:09 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 484th

That one is dedicated to you Bruce you demented little monkey!!!
BobSmokey
BobSmokey
  • Predictions:  178  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 227

11.17.2020 | 11:11 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 2878th

What's your thoughts on this scenario. Wei Lei goes up a weight class and fights Valintino Shev for the flyweight belt? 

"Bravery isn't a man who is not scared, but a man whose will is stronger than his fear."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

11.17.2020 | 11:21 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 484th

I imagine there must be a race happening for the first triple champ.
HiDefff
HiDefff

11.17.2020 | 11:32 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1211th

Valentina smokes Weili IMO. But I wouldnt mind watching to see if im wrong
MMAFORTUNETELLER
MMAFORTUNETELLER
  • Predictions:  32  |  56.3%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: -526

11.17.2020 | 12:22 PM ET

FULL CARD PICKS FROM THE TELLER

This user is suspended from posting until 1 month, 5 days, 13 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
FergboyMMA
FergboyMMA
  • Predictions:  803  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  345
  • Post Score: 270

11.17.2020 | 12:33 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2396th

Figueiredo vs. Perez
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R2
EVERYBODY is underestimating Alex Perez in this fight. The guy is a stud. Great D'arce chokes, boxing, submissions, game planning, and leg kicks. He is totally capable of winning here. But Figgy is just too powerful. I think he will get the knockdown and finish with a RNC. But do NOT count Alex out. If Figgy beats Alex, I can't see any other flyweight beating Figueiredo. Maybe DJ.

Shevchenko vs. Maia
Valentina Shevchenko, SUB, R3
Shevchenko is the GOAT, period. So well rounded. Some Jenifer Maia chick isn't going to be able to win. This will be a bloodbath. R3 Valentina throws Jennifer to the mat and armbars her.

Perry vs. Means
Mike Perry, TKO, R1
Mike is overdue for a wild KO for a while. I can see him landing an elbow off the break of the clinch and the lights will go out.

Chookagian vs. Calvillo
Cynthia Calvillo, DEC
Cynthia is going to take Katlyn down and control her for the whole fight, and set herself up to get brutalized by Valentina.

Rua vs. Craig II
Maurício Rua, DEC
Shogun WON that first fight, and he got robbed. For as long as he's been going to war, he is not washed one bit and is still finding momentum. He will mix it up well and win a decision. Paul is crafty on the ground and fun to watch on the feet, so I predict a back and forth battle that Mauricio will get the better of.

Moreno vs. Royval
Brandon Royval, SUB, R2
Probably the most fun fight you can do right now. AMAZING stylistic matchup and title eliminator. Moreno by decision or Roval by submission.

Shevchenko vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, TKO, R2
Antonina just isn't that great. Ariane will come out with a bang.

Dalby vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Easy fight for Daniel. About to go 4 nil in the UFC.

"If you jingle my bells, you will have a white Christmas, "

HiDefff
HiDefff

11.17.2020 | 12:57 PM ET

Teller Tard is back 
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,226  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

11.17.2020 | 1:00 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3227th

@MMAFORTUNETELLER

Good to see you back buddy! You weren't on the UFC threads for the last couple of weeks so I was wondering if you had left. I know you get a lot of **** from the people on here but you're always good fun to have hanging around! I won't buy any of your bets though, I'll make up my own mind on the fights but I'm glad to see you back!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

11.17.2020 | 1:06 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1518th

The teller, ive been praying for your return. I was about to put my mortgage on Maia by KO, what do you think?

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

11.17.2020 | 1:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2519th

Perry vs. Means
Tim Means, TKO, R2
Mike Perry having no corner is not good, he was getting rawdog by Mickey Gall for the 1st and 2nd round on the feet, Tim Means is a guy who seems to always loses but he miles ahead of the only guy who go knock out by Diego Sanchez since Chuck Liddell lost his chin. Mike Perry also has overated finishing ability, the last time he finish someone, was the same night as the first Tripple G Vs Canelo fight,

Chookagian vs. Calvillo
Cynthia Calvillo, DEC
I’m a really big fan of Cynthia, for kicking Jessica Eyes ass for 5 round, I think I was one of the few who really enjoy Jessica Eye no longer being number 1 contender. Think Kaitlin is not good and the +200 is a good line because Calvilo is a good fighter in a division of cans, BTW she finish that Bum Maia in the first round , the ******s at the ranking really ****** her over, and now they give Valintina another free win over an can , she beat number 1 in the ranking and she she be 2 beside Andrade and Valintina,

Buckley vs. Wright
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R1
Buckly was on his way to a unimous decsion vs Impa before he did the Best Ko in UFC history and I think Jordan Wright is worst then Impa , So I think this is an give me for Buckly to get an easy Ko because Wright Chiny And worst case a 30 27 decsion

Shevchenko vs. Lipski
Antonina Shevchenko, DEC
I’m 99% sure Lipski is a muoy Thai fighter, and I think if Lipski doesn’t touch her legs, she pretty live for a win with her better standup, But she also Brazzilan and if Chookagain can 30 25 her with her wresling , Lipski could probley win as she did knee bar someone last fight

Edit: just look at Tapology rankings, why you morons rank her at 6th. She is the 3rd best fighter if you know what you are watching, I’m ******* piss off with that Blunder because we have to see Valintina fight another can instead of the rightful number one contender, 

* Edited at 11.17.2020, 2:58 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

jscott022
jscott022
  • Predictions:  1,669  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 300

11.17.2020 | 2:51 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 221st

yes
HiDefff
HiDefff

11.17.2020 | 3:45 PM ET

IDK Duck that old man at the bar looked like a clear TKO to me. Early stoppage in my opinion but I've saw worse. 
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  12,763  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,178
  • Post Score: 192

11.17.2020 | 5:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2376th

Figueiredo vs. Perez
Deiveson Figueiredo, SUB, R2
The Champion is very hittable, but his opponent a bit more. Figueiredo knock down Perez and submit in the Second Round

Shevchenko vs. Maia
Valentina Shevchenko, TKO, R3
Valentina has a huge advantage on takedowns. Ground & Pound finish in the 3rd Round.

Perry vs. Means
Mike Perry, TKO, R2
Means was dropped by Oliveira, Price and Rodriguez in the Pass. It is true that not having a corner beyond your girlfriend or friends is a stupid decision for Perry, but whether it is Sabah Homasi from late replacement, Belal Muhammad or Matt Brown, Tim Means' strategy has always been the same. in the back and forth I see Perry with a certain advantage.

Rua vs. Craig II
Paul Craig, SUB, R2
Shogun is legend, but Craig was robbed by the judges in the first fight. No way for Shogun to survive the 3 rounds against Craig.

Moreno vs. Royval
Brandon Moreno, DEC
Close Fight, but Moreno has looked good since his return to the UFC. Experience will be a key factor in the fight.

Buckley vs. Wright
Jordan Wright, TKO, R2
Yeah one of the most spectacular knockouts in UFC history. But let's remember: Holland completely demolished Buckley and the second round before the incredible Spinning Kick was a clear 10-9 for Impa. Wright has some advantage coming down the weight class. I'm just saying that it's too early to get on the bagon ...

Shevchenko vs. Lipski
Ariane Lipski, DEC
Antonina has a lot of experience in Muay Thai but so far she has not shown anything within the UFC. Lipski is a KSW former champion, with an advantage on the ground.

Dalby vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, TKO, R1
Dalby will end up demolished as in his last fight. Only this time it won't be a surprise.

Jouban vs. Gooden
Alan Jouban, TKO, R1
Versace Model wins by First Round Demolition

Daukaus vs. Stoltzfus
Kyle Daukaus, SUB, R2
close fight on paper, but Daukaus has faced tougher competition

Cosce vs. Palatnikov
Louis Cosce, TKO, R2
I remember. Hardly anyone gave a penny for the Cosce brothers on that episode of DWCS. Despite the height difference, Cosce must win by TKO.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

Hippie
Hippie

11.17.2020 | 10:58 PM ET

if any1 watches these I dunno

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 384th

AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

11.17.2020 | 11:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 3411th

Shevchenko vs. Maia
Valentina Shevchenko, TKO, R3
Let's not kid ourselves here. Valentina is going to punish Maia. I am a little curious to see how Shevchenko looks after being injured. I say that means Maia last to the 3rd round, maybe. It Bullet with the win by TKO.

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

Tap867
Tap867
  • Predictions:  3,133  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  560
  • Post Score: 211

11.18.2020 | 5:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2222nd

Cosce vs. Palatnikov
Louis Cosce, TKO, R1
Welp, I don't like the fact that Sasha's losses happen to come by KO... That's pretty bad against a guy who hasn't even entered round 2 yet....... So I'll roll with Louis.

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights. - Ronnie Coleman"

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

11.18.2020 | 12:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1830th

Perry vs. Means
Tim Means, DEC
Means looked good in his last fight. I think he can use his grit and length to outpunch Perry.

Chookagian vs. Calvillo
Cynthia Calvillo, TKO, R2
Chookagian is a trash can. Calvillo more talented and gonna ear Katlyn just like Andrade did.

Buckley vs. Wright
Joaquin Buckley, TKO, R2
Top fight. very evenly matched...can the hyped Buckley outdue the long Wright? I think Buckley takes his power to dominate the newcomer Wright. Really looking forward to this scrap.

Dalby vs. Rodriguez
Daniel Rodriguez, DEC
Another great fight because DROD is so fun to watch. Big DROD fan, and he will outpoint Dalby if he doesn't finish him first.

Jouban vs. Gooden
Jared Gooden, TKO, R3
OK fight. I never saw Gooden or Jouban fight but I think Gooden will use that black explosiveness to KO the older Jouban.

Daukaus vs. Stoltzfus
Kyle Daukaus, TKO, R2
Cool fight between evenly matched dudes. Daukus sounds confident and I think he has the tools to outdue Stoltzfus. Stoltz sounds like a complete ***** from one interview I heard with him.

Cosce vs. Palatnikov
Louis Cosce, SUB, R2
Cosce bros seem like absolute monsters. Everyones got Louis taking this one. Louis bros seem like the real deal and I did watch their Contender Series fights. Cosce fa'sho gonna win.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

11.18.2020 | 4:21 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 384th

Katlyn Chookagian   vs.   Cynthia Calvillo 

I hate Katlyn Chookagian. Her ability as a progenitor of fights that are as equally boring as they are annoying is unsurpassed in combat sports. Watching Chookagian fight is like reading a trigonometry textbook whilst someone sings 'I saw the sign' by Ace of of Base to you out of key and pokes you in the ear canal with a turd.

That said, I think as a bet she's very good value here as such a big dog. Cavillo is not Andrade, people. There's will be no body shot KO here and ugly Cindy does not have the strength or the wrestling ability generally to dump Chookagian. It's very possible--in fact it may be likely--- that this fight consists of Cavillo failing to hit TD's while running around the octagon getting hit with useless **** that wouldn't rattle a set of wind chimes en route to a decision loss.

Chookagian dec.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 2 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.18.2020 | 5:59 PM ET

Another *****ing and moaning rant

You know what really piss me off how the UFC doesn't proment the best division in the UFC and instead proment the boring Fat heavyweight and even proment the scrubs who Valintina fights better. no one know who Alex Perez is and I seen a few called him Alex Sanchez, I think its a shame because he a really good fighter who pretty live to beat Figurado But no one know who he is because he always early on the prelims. Figurado is a badass who is also a hair stylis, A sushi chief and owns his own Buffalo, But the UFC promonent him as a ******* and everyone hated him and I was so happy when he kick Benavedez ass the secound time because guess what he headbutted Benavedez even tho, Benavedez runs heads first. And he can never be popular or the division grow if all the contender fights are on the prelim and they do the same thing for Rovyal and Moreno the secound best fight on the card beside the Main event in my oppion, It a shame that the UFC doesn't like flyweight because it 100% the best UFC division because name one ufc division that doesn't have boring fights 

"Quack quack quack"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.18.2020 | 6:00 PM ET

How can you not love this guy

* Edited at 11.18.2020, 6:01 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Ádám Borics vs. Enrique Barzola - Round 1 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Enrique Barzola 13% Ádám Borics 87%
  • Enrique "El Fuerte" Barzola (20-7-2) Lima Region, PE is the #58th Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • Ádám "The Kid" Borics (18-2-0) FL, US is the #49th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois