Tapology Forums

Most Overated Fighter

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,540
  • Post Score: 262

08.06.2020 | 1:21 AM ET

I want to make this thread because Tapology has been boring lately and I want to have a bit of fun- In my oppion the most overrated fighter is Zabit. Zabit is clearly top ten as he can win 2 round and he clearly really technical and durable, Don't like how hes Harmless and bad cardio having both is bad combo- Conor has bad cardio but he can knock out anyone bellow 155, Zabit will loss to Volk, Zombie, Ortega, Katter, Yair , Max, Emmet and that only off my head. Only good wins are Katter who got robbed because Katter did more damage in the 2nd and MMA is not point karate and Stephens and everyone beat Stephins, People forget he made a Bocknick look like a good fighter 

This thread ain't about Zabit BTW , Talk about fighter you think are overated

* Edited at 08.06.2020, 1:22 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

08.06.2020 | 1:27 AM ET

Dominik Reyes. Guy loses to Jon Jones and people think that he beat him and would beat him again if they rematched 

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

08.06.2020 | 1:28 AM ET

And Wheelie Zhang

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,255
  • Post Score: 136

08.06.2020 | 2:44 AM ET

Dom rey did win but bit overrated.
Gsp most all time cain v at heavy and kabib current.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,102  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

08.06.2020 | 3:12 AM ET

Yair doesn't even believe he can beat Zabit. He's backed out of like 3 fights against him if you count the time they cut him for not wanting to fight him. And you should rewatch the Kattar fight, Zabit dominated the first 2 rounds and won them pretty clearly. It wasn't a tough fight to score. Bochniak didn't do anything he got schooled all 3 rounds he convinced everyone he did something because he stuck his tongue out and never landed anything significant. Even the last 10 seconds of the fight he lost, which is where everyone thinks he did something.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,006  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

08.06.2020 | 3:13 AM ET

@josh Idk man it's hard to say someone who's 28-0 in mma is overrated, no one in the sport has ever done that and he's done it with almost half his career in the UFC. He's still got a lot of contenders to beat because it's LW but at this point i feel like the hype is justified
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

08.06.2020 | 3:54 AM ET

Touche in the immortal words of yves edwards.
"Give me a million $ and ill **** him up"

Nirvanaguy007
Nirvanaguy007
  • Predictions:  22,925  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,064
  • Post Score: 234

08.06.2020 | 5:07 AM ET

Tyron Woodley

"how bout u go an **** off my page then u peice of **** u think we need a stupid ****witt like u telling us about looking good who the **** are u take your worthless advice and get the **** out of here"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

08.06.2020 | 11:07 AM ET

Right now it's Sean O'Malley for me

Stop pushing that afro freak pot head on me

It's not the Sugar show, you aren't carrying the card. Be humble. 

* Edited at 08.06.2020, 11:08 AM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

08.06.2020 | 12:34 PM ET

Yep yep

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

08.06.2020 | 1:01 PM ET

@josh did Dom Reyes win? Jon is still listed as the LHW champ, did he like miss weight?

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

08.06.2020 | 1:33 PM ET

Haha well possession is 9/10ths the law so he must be lmao.

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

08.06.2020 | 2:29 PM ET

Omalley very much overated, like Northcutt was...

Gustafson was overated for so long, surfing on a eyepoke win on Texeira and a close lost to Jones.

Fedor, you wont like it but he crush can for so long that people think he was elite. He never was!

About the Diaz brother nothing need to be said here...

Then there come Benavidez! More title shoot then anyone and never win. Was ranked 2nd for so long and was limit top 5. Theres a win again Cejudo but rewatch and you will understand!

ho then I forgot, Hyung Kim & Safiedine! Those guys were ranked top 10 but they were never good enought to beat a top 20 in the UFC!

* Edited at 08.06.2020, 2:30 PM ET *

"Never go down without a fight"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

08.06.2020 | 3:53 PM ET

@shake U probley right, I don't really re-watch fight and if I do it older ones so i just go off memory but going off memory i rembeber him landing the harder shot in the 2nd and 3rd but sometime I score fight like a ******

"Quack quack quack"

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.06.2020 | 4:06 PM ET

I think this Zabit - Cardio thing is so over blown. You go fight 2 weeks after Staph clearing up and tell me how your cardio is lol. Aside from Kattar what other fight did he show bad cardio? I think its fair to say hes a coaster. so when hes up 2 rounds in a 3 round fight hes going to coast out the third. sure whatever. But one bad showing after having a staph infection and you're labeled with bad cardio. Yet Kevin lee loses fight after fight and people want to blame the Staph and say if he didnt have that he would have been better. Give him another chance lol make it make sense. 
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

08.06.2020 | 4:07 PM ET

Few more unpopular one that no one said yet

Valintina Shevshinko- Who has she beat Joanna and Holm and no one else worth mentiniong, rate Weili title reign over Shevs already because she beat Andrade and Joanna and not Eye and Chook and next she fight girl who lost to chook, Name a champ who has ****ter opponent to fight 

Clean Jon Jones- Roided Jon Jones is the Goat in my oppion, But clean one suck ass and probley should of lost to Santos and Reyes and should of finish Smith and OSP if he so good. Jones ain't fighting at heavyweight Btw without help by Chemstry or he getting his asskick by Francis, DC ,Stipe and Alistair 

Cyrul Gane- This one is a maybe because Im pretty impress with his techniqe ,but don't like how he has no power at heavyweight and I think he subs won't work on anyone decent so he spend 2 much time in the octogon

Mackenzie Dern- Don't rate her at all , Takedown suck ass and strciking suck also, She beat Cifer because Cifer has no fight IQ and she was whooping her ass before that,The other chick she sub she was a flyweight fighting a strwaweight because fatass miss weight by ten pound and got most of her takedown stuff by Yoder,

* Edited at 08.06.2020, 4:11 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

08.06.2020 | 4:15 PM ET

Post USADA Barao, Roussey & Silva also suck...

"Never go down without a fight"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,778
  • Post Score: 273

08.06.2020 | 5:59 PM ET

Valentina is at a problem where she has lost both fights to Nunes, although close. I do feel she's in a weight class with no one to even challenge her. Nunes fight could make sense, but I don't see it happening.

Her skills are easily among the best as far as women's MMA goes, and she easily dispatches of her opponents. I wouldn't say she's overrated, just in a weak division and she is much better then every other woman.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

08.06.2020 | 9:12 PM ET

@flying I agree she really good just hard to gaige with how good she is because she not fighting people good, I have an idea make Calvilio vs Maia fight and in the meantime give Shev , Andrade , even tho she lose to Rose last fight, It was close and people resecpt Andrade enough to give her a chance, Or wait a year for Weili

Cody is another overated fighter in my oppion, Good agest harmless fight like Cruz and Assunsho, but his ****** defence cost him agest anyone good with power and the clown at the ranking making him 3 at battamweight is gonna get him KO'D again

* Edited at 08.06.2020, 9:15 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

08.07.2020 | 3:17 PM ET

I got Valentina winning that second fight with nunes

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

08.07.2020 | 4:46 PM ET

Jones lets not forget his genius fight IQ still often fails to finish and tooooo much worship.
Corey Aderson very overrated now in bellator.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Video: MMA fighter DQ'd after projectile vomiting blue liquid in the cage
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Explains Why Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Should Be A 165-Pound Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Matchroom wins Ennis vs Crowley purse bid, targets July in Philadelphia
  • MMA Junkie : Why Michael Chandler believes he could 'absolutely outclass' Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Fight Motion! UFC Slows Down Its ‘300’ Highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Bad Left Hook : Lopez vs Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Opens Up About Doubting Himself After Being Inactive For Too Long, Reveals Gameplan Against Conor McGregor
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Who should Max Holloway fight next after spectacular UFC 300 knockout?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Derek Anderson shares graphic injury photo after alleged hit-and-run, out of Cedric Doumbe fight
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | What’s Next For Jamahal Hill, Boxer Anthony Sims Jr. Talks What UFC Gets Right
  • MMAFighting.com : Derek Anderson out of Cedric Doumbe fight after suffering gruesome foot injury
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen rejects Daniel Cormier's idea of Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler for UFC 165-pound title
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland’s head coach explains what he could’ve done better vs. Dricus du Plessis, previews Paulo Costa bout
  • Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, ‘Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Mania : MMA Fighter Kicks Ring Girl, Gets Jumped By Angry Mob
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 1
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way