Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. Korean Zombie

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,803
  • Post Score: 47

07.29.2020 | 2:44 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 10.17.2020 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. Korean Zombie
  • Also Known As: UFC Fight Island 6
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Fight Island
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: John Gooden, Daniel Cormier, Dan Hardy
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Brian Ortega   defeats   Chan Sung Jung   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Katlyn Cerminara   via KO/TKO, Hook to the Body   4:55 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jimmy Crute   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
James Krause   defeats   Claudio Silva   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Thomas Almeida   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Guram Kutateladze   defeats   Mateusz Gamrot   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gillian Robertson   defeats   Poliana Botelho   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jun Yong Park   defeats   John Phillips   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Fares Ziam   defeats   Jamie Mullarkey   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maxim Grishin   defeats   Gadzhimurad Antigulov   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:58 Round 2 of 3, 9:58 Total Bout Page
Said Nurmagomedov   defeats   Mark Striegl   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground and Pound   0:51 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 7

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

10.15.2020 | 2:18 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1653rd

Andrade could get picked apart, but Katlyn does not have any power in her punches. If Andrade can get close enough, she will have the only KO advantage in the fight of two strikers. The only problem is she does not know how to set up her strikes, she windmills. That's where Katlyn can dance around and pepper her with punches, but I expect a close decision, and I'm leaning towards Andrade because of her pressure and I believe she'll land the more damaging strikes, and possibly even a slam.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,535
  • Post Score: 262

10.15.2020 | 3:04 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

My biggest fear of that fight is the judges being mentally handicapped and scoring volume over damage. Andrade should of beaten Rose because she **** Rose up but because Rose threw more jab Rose won. I’m more ok with that one because at lest Rose have power in her Jabs. Chook fights like she doing point karate and Andrade is gonna **** her up even if she get outstruck with 50 more jabs. If Chook win this fight prepare for a rant of how retarted the judges are

"Quack quack quack"

Erison
Erison
  • Predictions:  1,677  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  4,896
  • Post Score: 227

10.15.2020 | 4:19 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2141st

I can't ignore 8 inches in height, 6 in reach, up a weight class. Chookagian is going to be much much bigger than Andrade. And the one thing Chookagian does is use straight punches to keep people away. And she looked great, better than ever, in her last fight.
phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,740  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 304

10.15.2020 | 6:05 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1133rd

andrade fought her first like 7 fights in the ufc at 135 and she was slamming most of them like they were children. went straight down to 115, skipped 125 all together. shes used to fighting bigger opponents, i'll say she walks through chooks pitter pat punches and slams her down hard.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

10.15.2020 | 6:45 PM ET

anyone who think Chook will beat Andrade, Chook ******* sucks and Andrade good, She literaly didn't land one strike to the head in like 12 minute vs Val. And I get that it Shevshiko, But still, Any good women straweight will beat any women flyweight because any division that chook and eye is on top should be put out back and be put out of it misery. Andrade Ain't lossing to this scub and u have a donkey brain if you think that, 

And people say that Chook is gonna win with her height alone, Valitina is about half way in size and reach between Andrade and Chook and Chook landed no punchs to the head

Edit: I think it retated that they didn't make either Calvilo vs Andrade, Val vs Andrade or Calvilio vs Val because they are the only 3 good female fighter in the division

http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/05cceae674c81b86

* Edited at 10.15.2020, 10:54 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,103  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,250
  • Post Score: 190

10.15.2020 | 7:42 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 1395th

not sure of that, I remember Andrade at 135 and she was not that good + she start slow. It could be very simillar to her last fight with Namajunas (or Andrade could KO Chookagian 1st round) will see...

"Never go down without a fight"

ClutchHornet
ClutchHornet
  • Predictions:  314  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 188

10.15.2020 | 8:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 262nd

Ortega vs. Jung
Chan Sung Jung, DEC
dont bet

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
pass.

Silva vs. Krause
James Krause, DEC
krause beats 2nd or 3rd.

Gamrot vs. Kutateladze
Mateusz Gamrot, DEC
gamrot by decision

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R3
for 225 im not feeling it

Park vs. Phillips
Jun Yong Park, DEC
park straight up

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
not a great price.

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,389  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5,968
  • Post Score: 172

10.15.2020 | 11:49 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1639th

MMA Fortuneteller with the mighty 18w-14L's hahahahahaha

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

milfhunter69
milfhunter69
  • Predictions:  696  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  539
  • Post Score: 138

10.16.2020 | 12:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 175 Points   |   Tied for 2838th

Ortega vs. Jung
Chan Sung Jung, SUB, R1
Ortega is gonna pay for what he did. Runnin his mouth and slapping translators, KZ all the way

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Jéssica Andrade, SUB, R2
Short people rule

Bukauskas vs. Crute
Modestas Bukauskas, TKO, R1
More back of the head elbows. Nothing to see here folks

Silva vs. Krause
Claudio Silva, SUB, R1
Choke his a$$

Gamrot vs. Kutateladze
Mateusz Gamrot, DEC
Boring

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, DEC
Grind that a$$

Park vs. Phillips
John Phillips, TKO, R1
I call it first 30 sec tko

Ziam vs. Mullarkey
Jamie Mullarkey, TKO, R3
Lots of takedowns, ez tko 3

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Gadzhimurad Antigulov, SUB, R1
Better Russian

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Mark Striegl, SUB, R1
Ez. Asian power

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.16.2020 | 2:40 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 21st with 4 others

Brian Ortega   vs.   Chan Sung Jung

I think KTZ's defensive grappling is underrated. He's never been subbed. Brian hasn't fought in two years and in his last fight he got the living **** smacked out of him. I don't think this hits the mat, which means Brian, who rarely ever throws kicks, is going to find himself in a boxing match. And he's going to lose. TKZ KO/TKOR3.

Gadzhimurad Antigulov   vs.   Maxim Grishin 

I don't like picking the turd that is Grishin, but I'll not be picking Gamzi "4:10 of cardio" Antigulov in 2020, thankyou ladies and gentleman. Really he's probably only still around thanks to COVID and the need for warm bodies. Basically if he doesn't win by sub or KO/TKO within the first he's getting subbed or KO/TKO'ed. I'll take Grishin by whatever.

Thomas Almeida   vs.   Jonathan Martinez  

Very few outcomes would surprise me here. Martinez is a piebeast who blew the scales into orbit very recently but Almeida is going to have some serious ring rust due to his layoff, and it remains to be seen how he looks after surgery. He also is a bit slow to find a groove. I lean Martinez, dec.

Edit: Martinez as the Dog is very good value

Said Nurmagomedov   vs.   Mark Striegl  

Talk about a tough debut. Streigl can fight, is a very good prospect and there's absolutely no way he should be -400. Regardless I can't pick him here against baby Nurmy, who I've always thought is more than slightly overrated. You know what? I think streigl at those odds, considering he's a  sambo champion, is abso-*******-lutely worth a bet and is definitely far and away the best value dog on the card. I don't see a finish in either man's future, but there is a very respectable chance he dominates top position and wins a split or UD.

* Edited at 10.16.2020, 2:55 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 7 hours, and 38 minutes from now.
kaiguy99
kaiguy99
  • Predictions:  366  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 223

10.16.2020 | 3:17 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 1964th

Ortega vs. Jung
Chan Sung Jung, TKO, R4
KTZ is a finishing machine and Ortega doesn't like to go the distance either. Still tough to tell if the fight will end by stoppage or decision because Ortega is so damn tough!

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
Chookagian will use her distance and footwork to pick her apart. I love watching Andrade fight, but moving up a weight class at 5'1" is scary. She did it early in her career with mixed success.

Bukauskas vs. Crute
Jimmy Crute, SUB, R2
Would not be surprised at all if Bukauskas gets the underdog KO. Safe bet is Crute though. Can't believe he is still only 24 years old

Silva vs. Krause
Claudio Silva, DEC
Very surprised Silva is such an underdog. He's beat higher quality fighters, he's essential undefeated (one DQ), and hes a submission wizard. Krause is strong on the ground too, so I think it will be a decision win for Silva.

Almeida vs. Martinez
Jonathan Martinez, TKO, R2
Almeida is a fan favorite but Martinez has improved so much recently. Slick finish in his last fight too. Doubt he will make weight tho... which will give him an advantage

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R2
Big step up for Botelho! I see this fight going similar to her fight against Calvillo.

Park vs. Phillips
Jun Yong Park, DEC
John Phillips needs to be cut. The little korean is very undersized but has held his own! Phillips is an easy decision win for anyone. Park doesnt have a ton of power so I dont see a knockout happening

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Maxim Grishin, TKO, R1
Antigulov has such a strange fight style. Fearless, but dumb af. I want to think he will change but definitely not worth betting on

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

10.16.2020 | 9:50 AM ET

Underdogs?

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2141st

The gambling addict in me looks at a lot of these huge dogs (Kutaladze, Antigulov, Bukaukas) and knows that they have finishing ability. But like, when I watch the fights where they lose they just look so bad I talk myself out of the dog bets. So I have only two bets on this whole card. Almeida and TKZ-ITD. We’ll see if I can stay this well behaved for another 24+ hours.

Edit: Add Striegl to that list too. He’s probably the best dog bet rn...

* Edited at 10.16.2020, 9:52 AM ET *

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Hippie
Hippie

10.16.2020 | 10:41 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 714th

Ortega looking good with the new Breaking Bad hair cut!
Hippie
Hippie

10.16.2020 | 11:35 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 714th

Hell yeah!

* Edited at 10.16.2020, 12:39 PM ET *

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.16.2020 | 11:43 AM ET

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

10.16.2020 | 12:08 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 944th

**** Brian Ortega

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

10.16.2020 | 12:14 PM ET

He had a choice

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  29,444  |  80.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,545
  • Post Score: 236

10.16.2020 | 2:38 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 1653rd

Zombie is looking buff as hell, Ortega looks like ****

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

10.16.2020 | 4:26 PM ET

I might be in the minority, but unless fight does evil crime like **** , murder or stealing the Krabby patty secret formula etc. I don’t really care how they act. This is fighting, not some ethic contest. I like Ortega because he fun to watch in the cage. I hate Usman because he boring

* Edited at 10.16.2020, 5:00 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

10.16.2020 | 4:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 1289th

Ortega vs. Jung
Chan Sung Jung, DEC
hard to say what kinda changes we'll see from ortega after 2 years away and that has me skeptical of his ability to participate in a firefight.

Andrade vs. Chookagian
Katlyn Chookagian, DEC
this will be my spicy pick of the night. i'll say chookagian is better suited to the weightclass and is able to manage the distance when striking.

Bukauskas vs. Crute
Jimmy Crute, SUB, R2
alright yeah i'll go with consensus here. i feel like crute could win this standing, but will ultimately try to bring the fight where modestas is less comfortable.

Silva vs. Krause
Claudio Silva, DEC
one of the few underdogs i liked going into this since krause had just been wrestled around a bit, but feeling more and more like he's gonna find a way to sting claudio. gonna stick with my guy though.

Gamrot vs. Kutateladze
Mateusz Gamrot, TKO, R2
i'm sure everyone beat me to it but "welcome to gamrot". undefeated and beat norman parke twice so i gotta believe he's ready to perform in the big show. no idea about guram, but puncher's chance?

Robertson vs. Botelho
Gillian Robertson, SUB, R2
botelho might sting gillian once or twice, but ultimately i think she'll let herself get too close and get wrapped up.

Park vs. Phillips
Jun Yong Park, DEC
i'll just hope this is fun. but no expectations on jun and phillips i expect the worst from.

Ziam vs. Mullarkey
Fares Ziam, DEC
maybe i'm just way off on this one, but it seems fairly even. mullarkey has fought good names like ridell and volk, but he has only really beaten middling competition. so i'll go with the slight underdog. don madge is decent so i won't count ziam out yet.

Antigulov vs. Grishin
Maxim Grishin, TKO, R2
antigulov's gas tank is always suspect and i think he's gonna have a hard time finishing maxim early.

Nurmagomedov vs. Striegl
Said Nurmagomedov, DEC
why is the ufc so hard on the filipinos? striegel is one of the few filipino prospects that seems promising and they throw him to said as a bounceback? that's messed up. i'm hoping to be wrong here.

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Ilia Ultimatum: Defend ‘BMF’ Belt Or I Rematch Volks!
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine