Topic: Tyson vs. Jones Jr

Tyson vs. Jones Jr

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,824
  • Post Score: 47

07.26.2020 | 12:26 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Tyson vs. Jones Jr
  • Saturday 11.28.2020 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: FITE
  • Promotion: Legends Only League
  • Venue: Staples Center
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • TV Announcers: Mauro Ranallo, Israel Adesanya, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mario Lopez
  • Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jim Gray
  • Matchmaker: Patrick Sullivan, Michael Parente
  • Boxing Bouts: 6
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Roy Jones Jr  vs.  Mike Tyson Ends in a Draw   8 Rounds, 16:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Jake Paul  defeats  Nate Robinson via KO/TKO   1:35 Round 2 of 6, 4:35 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Badou Jack  defeats  Blake McKernan via Decision, Unanimous   8 Rounds, 24:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Jamaine Ortiz  defeats  Sulaiman Segawa via KO/TKO, Body Shot   3:00 Round 7/10, 21:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Joe Cusumano  defeats  Gregory Corbin via KO/TKO   3:00 Round 6 of 8, 18:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Edward Vazquez  defeats  Irvin Gonzalez via Decision, Split   8 Rounds, 24:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

2020.07.26 12:26 AM ET

bout announced

Roy Jones Jr vs. Mike Tyson
Matti_Juhani
Matti_Juhani
  • Predictions:  1,784  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  295
  • Post Score: 267

07.31.2020 | 7:27 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 252nd

Firtht!

"Life is always better after a big poo."

PunchyMcPuncherton
PunchyMcPuncherton
  • Predictions:  443  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 367

08.01.2020 | 10:54 AM ET

im looking forward to this silliness. 

"“Every man must believe in something; I believe I’ll have another drink.”"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

08.01.2020 | 1:05 PM ET

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Geezer
Geezer
  • Predictions:  4,991  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 343

08.02.2020 | 3:51 AM ET

Definitely hoping on a good stream for this. Curious too see if Tyson has that early KO power, and if not how far his gas tank goes. Just wouldn't buy it, that's for sure
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

08.02.2020 | 8:15 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 215th

Jones Jr vs. Tyson
Roy Jones Jr, TKO, R3
Predicting slow painfull elimination, by the faster fitter fighter.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,212  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,308
  • Post Score: 285

08.04.2020 | 6:01 AM ET

I hope this amounts to nothing more than a competitive sparring match

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 61st

I usually like to a see a really exiting war between two great boxers but this fight should never have been made. 20-25 years ago this would've been a great fight to watch but not now. It's too late. This isn't two of the current best heavyweights in the world fighting, it's two boxing legends who are both in their 50's and are at a much higher risk of getting hurt. There's still plenty of skill left in both of them, I've no doubt about that but I feel that this isn't the way to use those skills. If they want to stay in the fight game then they should use their knowledge and experience to train young fighters or do some punditry work. That would be the best way for them to carry on in boxing.

I don't care who wins. I just hope that they take it fairly easy and nobody gets hurt. 

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

2020.08.10 10:17 AM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, September 12 at 8:00pm ET to Saturday, November 28 at 8:00pm ET
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,754  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,108
  • Post Score: 300

08.10.2020 | 10:22 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   12th Place

Ma, I feel dirty for even adding this to the schedule!! 2 of my heroes going at it as a pair of 55 year olds is not something I want to see.
I only included it because it made such headlines and no doubt a lot of people are interested, for whatever reasons. 
Also, ****** Jake Paul fighting Nate ****** Robinson, SMDH!!!!
Anyway fights been postponed already, from end of September til November. Apparently they think they can drum up more PPV buys from suckas!!! I really hope this thing gets cancelled all together and I can be happy watching highlights from their prime rather than watch whatever this will be 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

08.10.2020 | 12:47 PM ET

This ppv is an obvious cash grab and the main event fight is a farce. Nuff said.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

08.10.2020 | 12:49 PM ET

@mikey they actually post pone because they hope covid is over and they can have fans watch live  in the arena which equals gate money concessions money merchandise money. 
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

08.10.2020 | 12:53 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 215th

Being an exhibit are they drug testing?
Tyson is pissing hot no idea what but that ain't natural.

* Edited at 08.10.2020, 5:36 PM ET *

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

08.10.2020 | 12:55 PM ET

I doubt they will cause of the exhibition classification. Imagine Jones and Tyson talking "yeah we'll just spar and make a hundred million"
Then Tyson comes out juiced and knocks him out.
Lol
Mikey1903
Mikey1903

08.10.2020 | 1:11 PM ET

Yeah, it's being postponed because they want to squeeze more money. Whether it's tickets or PPV buys its all money, SUCKAS money!!! 😁💵🤑

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

08.10.2020 | 1:17 PM ET

As for drug testing? I highly doubt it. Yes, Tyson is definitely taking more than the Toad!!!  And Jones Jr.,while I hate to talk about it, he has some shady issues with failing drug tests in his heyday too! Failed a test back in his prime but because of admin errors with the WBA, I think, he never received a ban and kept his titles.

Yeah, they're likely both on TRT.  I don't know what role the Commission are playing in overseeing the event. They can't even decide if its an exhibition, if Knockdown are allowed, apparently no one can win a decision but they aren't allowed to fight for real??? Like *** is this ****?????
Please end up cancelled!! 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.10.2020 | 1:49 PM ET

@Mikey1903

Wait, wait, wait... If no knockdowns (and I'm assuming by extension no knockouts) are allowed and nobody can win a decision then how can either of them win? That would make it impossible for it to be anything other than a draw (or a no contest or DQ but they don't really count as a result). If that's the case, then it's a rigged fight as far as I'm concerned. 

As I said earlier in this thread, this fight shouldn't be happening anyway. If they want to stay in the fight game then they should do it by training young fighters or by doing punditry work. Evander Holyfield has done some great punditry work, they should take a leaf out of his book.

* Edited at 08.10.2020, 1:50 PM ET *

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

08.10.2020 | 1:57 PM ET

I've heard the head of the California commission, Andy something(I forget), come out and say that the referee will be under instruction to not let the boxers get carried away and try to hurt each other!!!
Then you hear Tyson and Jones saying it's kill or be killed!!!
Whole thing is a GIANT **** show mate!!!
I have no idea what to expect if it actually does happen. Actually, I do, I expect to be sad!!! 

Mikey1903
Mikey1903

08.10.2020 | 1:59 PM ET

And yeah, I have heard it said that no one can win by decision!
The Knockdown thing is just from the commission guy saying that the referee is under instruction to not let them go too hard! 

Heinrich2
Heinrich2
  • Predictions:  1,427  |  75.4%
  • Forum Posts:  472
  • Post Score: 107

08.10.2020 | 2:56 PM ET

No Contest

@Stephen Terry
>Wait, wait, wait... If no knockdowns (and I'm assuming by extension no knockouts) are allowed and nobody can win a decision then how can either of them win? That would make it impossible for it to be anything other than a draw (or a no contest or DQ but they don't really count as a result). If that's the case, then it's a rigged fight as far as I'm concerned. 

It is not real fight, it is an exhibition fight. That's why there are no judges. If there would be judges it would have a competitive character and it would not been seen as exhibition bout anymore. 

So the result is of course 'No Contest', as there is no contest. Only an exhibition. 

CA State Athletic Commission is doing that as they try counter critic for them licensing this 'bout'. Hence the CA State Athletic Commission is making a point that it is not competitive bout by not having this exhibition scored by judges.

It is two old, former world class boxers showing some punches, head movements etc.. and lots people paying to watch it. 

https://www.boxingscene.com/csac-andy-foster-we-t-mislead-public-mike-tyson-vs-roy-jones-jr-real-fight--150428

* Edited at 08.10.2020, 2:57 PM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.10.2020 | 3:27 PM ET

@Heinrich2

I know this is just an exhibition circus fight designed to make money but if no one can win then it's just a training session as far as I'm concerned. If the fight goes ahead then I certainly don't want to see either of them getting knocked out or hurt and I could understand it if it was a no knockdown fight or a "body shots only" fight but in that case, I would like to see some judges because if there's no chance of one of them winning, even if it's just the for the pride of winning, then there's no point to this. Neither Tyson or Jones Jr. have anything to prove by doing this. They don't need to fight and frankly, they shouldn't. The organisers of this should be ashamed of themselves.

* Edited at 08.10.2020, 3:30 PM ET *

Heinrich2
Heinrich2
  • Predictions:  1,427  |  75.4%
  • Forum Posts:  472
  • Post Score: 107

08.10.2020 | 3:46 PM ET

@Stephen Terry

>I know this is just an exhibition circus fight designed to make money but if no one can win then it's just a training session as far as I'm concerned. 

Of course it. The Head of CA State Athletic Commission names it precisely like that.

>We can’t mislead the public as to this is some kind of real fight. 
>“It’s an exhibition. They can exhibit their boxing skills, but I don’t want them using their best efforts to hurt each other. They’re going to spar hard, but they shouldn’t be going for a knockout. This isn’t a record-book type of fight.
>t's going to look like a boxing match. Exhibitions like this happen sometimes. They can move around and make some money. 

https://www.boxingscene.com/csac-andy-foster-we-t-mislead-public-mike-tyson-vs-roy-jones-jr-real-fight--150428

It was never anything different. I don't know why this show event is listed here.
If they the CA State Commission would have sanctioned it with judges, it would have a competitive character and the Head of the CA State Commission would be in lots of trouble why is was sanctioning such a bout. Thus there are no judges and there can't be a contest for non-contest show event.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

08.10.2020 | 4:00 PM ET

@Heinrich2

I agree that it shouldn't be listed on this site for predictions as Tapology doesn't allow you to predict a draw. Whenever a fight you've predicted ends in a draw it doesn't get counted as either a correct or incorrect prediction, it just doesn't get counted as anything. Therefore, putting predictions in for a fight that can't be won is just a waste of time. The best we can hope for is that this ends up getting cancelled or some real fights are put on the undercard otherwise the leaderboard for this event would just have everyone tied on 0 points.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return
  • MMA Mania : UFC Trumps Boxing, Named MVP Of Combat Sports
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Weighs in on Herb Dean Controversy at UFC 300, Would ‘Love’ His Next Fight to Be Against Sean Strickland
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302's Sean Strickland on Paulo Costa: 'I'm going to make that dirty Brazilian bleed'
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell moves to 175, Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo
  • Bad Left Hook : David Morrell Jr moves to 175, Edgar Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul responds to Ronda Rousey criticism: ‘I don’t think she’s a hater’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I see it being an early night’: Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to last the distance
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal proud to see fans bring Miami heat on Nate Diaz: 'He definitely felt it'
  • Middle Easy : Frustrated Ketlen Vieira Believes She is More ‘Deserving’ of a UFC Title Fight Than Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Reveals Plans For McGregor’s ‘Hurt Leg’
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter eats head kick after failing to exploit grounded fighter rule