Tapology Forums

A WISE MAN ONCE TOLD ME THAT ...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,098  |  72.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

07.18.2020 | 6:40 AM ET

...the difference between doing good and doing bad was, that if you do bad you deserve bad but also that you do have a chance to learn how to better and get to be good. 
But if you're good you deserve good and that you feel gratitude and learn about it's beauty.

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Responses Page 5

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

10.13.2020 | 4:30 PM ET

What about the massive levels of suicide amongst the whale community. Do they just love the beach so much that they just beach themselves for ever?
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.13.2020 | 4:33 PM ET

don't act all superior to us land dwellers. Ok you ******* shark! How many unsuspecting swimmers became a snack for the reggae shark on the munchies? 100? 1000? 10 000?!!!
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

10.13.2020 | 5:15 PM ET

Whale breeding rates are down massively. You'd probably kill yourself too if you had a **** the size of a Yacht and still couldn't get laid.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, and 12 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2020 | 2:28 AM ET

Gato escaldado del agua fría huye
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, and 12 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

10.23.2020 | 12:14 PM ET

⬆️Translation⬆️

Burning cat, give cold water to him.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2020 | 7:52 PM ET

"From cold water runs the scalded cat'.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

10.23.2020 | 8:06 PM ET

@Freemoneyforall
@ImperatorFishrat

Yeah, if you two could just stop setting random stray cats on fire, that would be great!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2020 | 8:08 PM ET

lol it doesn't mean the cat was set on fire, it means it had a pot of boiling water thrown on it.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.23.2020 | 8:22 PM ET

@ImperatorFishrat

Well if you could stop throwing boiling water over random stray cats, that would also be great!

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2020 | 8:26 PM ET

Can't promise that I'm afraid mate.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

10.23.2020 | 8:31 PM ET

@ImperatorFishrat

Maybe this will help change your mind lol? Surely you wouldn't hurt this cute little kitty could you? 

This cat isn't mine by the way, I just stole it

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.23.2020 | 8:36 PM ET

Yeah see all I'm seeing is a mid-range stole.
Rombu
Rombu

10.24.2020 | 3:01 AM ET

monney got a match? lets put this thing on fiaaaar

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Hippie
Hippie

10.24.2020 | 10:42 AM ET

👍🏼

Rombu
Rombu

10.28.2020 | 12:31 PM ET

... the way to a woman's heart it through her stomach 

Rombu
Rombu

10.28.2020 | 12:40 PM ET

...a buen hambre no hay pan duro

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.29.2020 | 6:51 AM ET

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind the slime of a new bureaucracy"--Franz Kafka.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.29.2020 | 7:20 AM ET

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. It is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts.  By mind, so is the world made.

As a fletcher makes straight his arrow, a wise man makes straight his trembling and unsteady thought, which is difficult to guard, difficult to hold back. As a fish taken from his watery home and thrown on the dry ground, our thought trembles all over in order to escape the dominion of Mara, the Tempter.

It is good to tame the mind, which is difficult to hold in and flighty, rushing wherever it listeth. A tamed mind brings happiness. 

If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him, as the wheel follows the foot of the ox that draws the carriage.

All that we are is the result of what we have thought, it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.

He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me! in those who harbor such thoughts hatred will never cease.

He abused me, he beat me, he defeated me, he robbed me! in those who do not harbor such thoughts hatred will cease.

For hatred does not cease by hatred at any time. This, is an old rule.

Whatever a hater may do to a hater, or an enemy to an enemy, a wrongly-directed mind will do us greater mischief. Not a mother, not a father will do so much, nor any other relative. A well-directed mind will do us greater service.

The world does not know that we must all come to an end here. But those who know it, their quarrels cease at once.  Before long, alas! this body will lie on the earth, despised, without understanding, like a useless log. Not in  any village, nor the mountains, nor the forests, nor seas, has ever been known a place where death did not overcome the mortal.

They who imagine truth in untruth, and see untruth in truth, never arrive at truth, but follow vain desires.

They who know truth in truth, and untruth in untruth, arrive at truth, and follow true desires.

As rain breaks through an ill-thatched house, passion will break through an unreflecting mind.

As rain does not break through a well- thatched house, passion will not break through a well-reflecting mind.

The evil-doer mourns in this world, and he mourns in the next.  He mourns and suffers when he sees the evil of his own work.

The virtuous man delights in this world, and he delights in the next. He delights in both. He delights and rejoices, when he sees the purity of his own work.

The evil-doer suffers in this world, and he suffers in the next. He suffers in both. He suffers when he thinks of the evil he has done. He suffers more when going on the evil path.

The virtuous man is happy in this world, and he is happy in the next. He is happy in both. He is happy when he thinks of the good he has done. He is still more happy when going on the good path.

The thoughtless man, even if he can recite a large portion of the law, but is not a doer of it, has no share in the priesthood, but is like a cowherd counting the cows of others. 

The follower of the law, even if he can recite only a small portion of the law. but, having forsaken passion and hatred and foolishness, possesses true knowledge and serenity of mind, he, caring for nothing in this world or that to come, has indeed a share in the priesthood.

Long is the night to him who is awake. long is a mile to him who is tired, long is life to the foolish who do not know the true law. 

The fool who knows his foolishness, is wise at least so far. But a fool who thinks himself wise, he is called a fool indeed. If a fool be associated with a wise man even all his life, he will perceive the truth as little as a spoon perceives the taste of soup. 

If an intelligent man be associated for one minute only with a wise man, he will soon perceive the truth, as the tongue perceives the taste of soup.

Fools of little understanding have themselves for their greatest enemies, for they do evil deeds which must bear bitter fruits. That deed is not well done of which a man must repent, and the reward of which he receives crying and with a tearful face.  No, that deed is well done of which a man does not repent, and the reward of which he receives gladly and cheerfully. 

As long as the evil deed done does not bear fruit, the fool thinks it is like honey... but when it ripens, then the fool suffers grief. 

Let a fool month after month eat his food (like an ascetic) with the tip of a blade of Kusa. grass, yet is he not worth the sixteenth particle of those who have well weighed the law. An evil deed, like newly-drawn milk, does not turn (suddenly) but smouldering, like fire covered by ashes, it follows the fool. 

And when the evil deed, after it has become known, brings sorrow to the fool, then it destroys his bright lot. Fate cleaves his head.

Let the fool wish for a false reputation, for precedence among the Bhikshus, for lordship in the convents, for worship among other people ! May both the layman and he who has left the world think that 'this is done by me, may they be subject to me in everything which is to be done or is not to be done'! Thus is the mind of the fool, and his desire and pride increase. 

One is the road that leads to wealth, another the road that leads to Nirvana-- if the Bhikshu, the disciple of Buddha, has learnt this, he will not yearn for honor, he will strive after separation from the world"--From the Dhammapada, a canonical Buddhist text.

* Edited at 10.29.2020, 7:49 AM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.29.2020 | 5:31 PM ET

"Tyrants are always inclined to some shade of virtue, and support Laws before destroying them"--Voltaire.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

10.29.2020 | 5:38 PM ET

The Fisherman

Although I can see him still—
The freckled man who goes
To a gray place on a hill
In gray Connemara clothes
At dawn to cast his flies—
It's long since I began
To call up to the eyes
This wise and simple man.
All day I'd looked in the face
What I had hoped it would be
To write for my own race
And the reality:
The living men that I hate,
The dead man that I loved,
The craven man in his seat,
The insolent unreproved—
And no knave brought to book
Who has won a drunken cheer—
The witty man and his joke
Aimed at the commonest ear,
The clever man who cries
The catch cries of the clown,
The beating down of the wise
And great Art beaten down.

Maybe a twelve-month since
Suddenly I began,
In scorn of this audience,
Imagining a man,
And his sun-freckled face
And gray Connemara cloth,
Climbing up to a place
Where stone is dark with froth,
And the down turn of his wrist
When the flies drop in the stream—
A man who does not exist,
A man who is but a dream;
And cried, “Before I am old
I shall have written him one
Poem maybe as cold
And beautiful as the dawn.”--W,B Yeats.

* Edited at 10.29.2020, 5:38 PM ET *

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’