Topic: Frampton vs. Traynor

Frampton vs. Traynor

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,927
  • Post Score: 47

07.17.2020 | 11:07 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Frampton vs. Traynor
  • Saturday 08.15.2020 at 03:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Top Rank
  • Ownership: Top Rank, Inc.
  • Co-Promoter: MTK Global, Queensbury Boxing
  • Venue: York Hall
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • Matchmaker: Jason McClory
  • Boxing Bouts: 6
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Carl Frampton  defeats  Darren Traynor via KO/TKO, Body Shot   1:00 Round 7/12, 19:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Mick Conlan  defeats  Sofiane Takoucht via KO/TKO   1:54 Round 10/10, 28:54 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Archie Sharp  defeats  Jeff Ofori via Decision, Points   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Troy Williamson  defeats  Harry Scarff via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Dennis McCann  defeats  Brett Fidoe via KO/TKO, Body Shot   2:06 Round 2 of 6, 5:06 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Paddy Donovan  defeats  Des Newton via KO/TKO   1:31 Round 1 of 6 Bout Page

Responses Page 2

2020.08.15 6:44 PM ET

bout result

Carl Frampton defeats Darren Traynor via KO/TKO at 1:00 of Round 7
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

08.15.2020 | 6:46 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 1 other

Got the finish. But I tell you what, that Carl Frampton vs Jamel Herring, mmmmm, I don't like Carls chances unfortunately 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858
  • Predictions:  2,272  |  77.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,238
  • Post Score: 161

08.15.2020 | 6:46 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 26th with 5 others

Bingo, just as I fortunately predicted... A top patient performance from a World Class Boxer who I personally hopes to go on to Win a 3rd World Championship in a different Weight Class... A tip top Carl Frampton will find a way to beat Jamel Herring, whether by points or a late finish... He still has the tools when at his best... Lets hope he still has the desire... Excellent performance, still has class and power! πŸ€”πŸ‘ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ‘

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.15.2020 | 6:50 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 26th with 5 others

I think Carl this evening used this fight to shake off some rust... He his a master of distance control and he will be far better in a fight for a World Championship Belt.... I rate Herring, but I think Carl at his best beats him by hook or by crook... He will obviously have to find his 'A' Game πŸ€”πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.15.2020 | 6:53 PM ET

Here comes Dennis 'The Menace' McCann... In against a tough, vastly experienced journeryman Brett Fidoe... Can McCann 'Can' Brett to get the finish most don't... Personally, I think he Wins by decision, but it would be a great performance if McCann can get the stoppage!! πŸ€”πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

Wilo
Wilo
  • Predictions:  12,242  |  69.8%
  • Forum Posts:  360
  • Post Score: 250

08.15.2020 | 7:01 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 395 Points   |   Tied for 4th with 1 other

Wow. Brilliant performance
2020.08.15 7:02 PM ET

bout result

Dennis McCann defeats Brett Fidoe via KO/TKO at 2:06 of Round 2
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.15.2020 | 7:03 PM ET

A Super Punch... Just the 2nd Man in over 80 contests that Brett has faced, to be able to finish him. A quality punch and a quality prospect in the making and Dennis 'the menace' McCann at 19 Years old as a very bright future... Very gifted British prospect πŸ€”πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,835  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,117
  • Post Score: 300

08.15.2020 | 7:05 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1st with 1 other

Body Shot has been the shot tonight!!!

Gotta say, I didn't expect McCann to finish Fidoe, he had only been finished 1x in over 70 fights previously, so I expected this to go the distance. Impressive stoppage.

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.15.2020 | 7:12 PM ET

A decent card tonight, put on by Frank Warren and Queensbury Promotions in a beautiful British Boxing Arena, York Hall, Bethnal Green, London... A big up to BT Sport as well put putting on a decent behind closed doors Boxing event... Great to see that York Hall is big enough to accommodate Frank Warren this evening too.... Shame Eddie Hearn couldn't attend tonight to have a word in Frank Warren's shell like about his inter promotional plan πŸ€”πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

Steven Seagalski
Steven Seagalski
  • Predictions:  11,405  |  71.2%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 442

08.15.2020 | 8:00 PM ET

Mikey look at the two bums at the top of the leaderboard.

"Rombu likes his clouds like I like my women.....Thick and White."

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.16.2020 | 9:58 AM ET

Congrats to our fellow Tapology member Drest who finished a very commendable joint 4th place on the leaderboard with LiamWilo for this Frampton Vs Traynor Main Event Fightcard... I have to comment, because I often look at the Top 10 places on the leaderboard for curiosity purposes after the event  has taken place and the fact that Drest picked all 6 Winners is one thing, a thought of the majority of Tapology members to be fair for this particular Professional Boxing fightcard, as there were no surprises and all the favourites got over the line for the Win...But to finish joint 4th, when the predictions were for the favourite to Win by 1st Round KO/TKO in each of the 6 contests is just a remarkable achievement!! Congrats...πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸ₯ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ‘

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.16.2020 | 1:03 PM ET

Felt the need to re-watch the Troy Williamson Vs 'Dirty' Harry Scarff bout from last night's fight card on BT Sport... It was considered a somewhat contentious decision in certain quarters that Williamson won a close UD after the bout... However, after reviewing the fight for a 2nd time, although close, due to Scarff's tactics to press the fight, not give space to Williamson in order to prevent him getting his shots off and basically try to wrestle, out hustle and stick his head on Williamson's chest, I still scored the fight in Williamson's favour 97 - 94, as per one of the Judge's scorecards... For me Williamson won the last 2 close rounds to just edge the contest... I would like to see Williamson face JJ Metcalf, or Steven Donnelly next, unless a rematch with Jack Flatley is warranted now they are both a little further on with their careers. They drew over 8 Rounds previously... Williamson as the skills and a little bit of power to eventually Win a British Title, but he needs 2 - 3 more fights beforehand, to continue his on the job development. A fight with JJ Metcalf would be for Metcalf's Commonwealth Belt, so that appears a natural fight to make, with a Title on the line.... Personally, looking at both fighters, I would fancy Metcalf to beat Williamson, if Metcalf was firing on all cylinders and because of the way Williamson tires past 6, due to his lack of conditioning for a 10 - 12 Round Boxing contest, I think Metcalf could also find a way to Stop Williamson late on... πŸ€”πŸ‘ŠπŸ₯ŠπŸ‘

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, β€˜Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry believes a bare-knuckle fight with Conor McGregor really could happen: β€˜Conor’s a real one’
  • Jits Magazine : Midwest Finishers 18 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills β€˜Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff
  • MMA Mania : Ankalaev In October? β€˜I Want To Fight Sooner’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira's 'deficiency' in particular skill set to Ben Askren's
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s β€˜Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : β€˜This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney