Tapology Forums

Reebok out..... Venum in

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

07.10.2020 | 9:35 AM ET

thats right, the next outfitting company for the UFC isn't Nike, not under armor, its ******* Venum
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/07/reebok-out-venum-in-as-ufc-announces-new-outfitting-partner-for-april-2021

I for one am very excited and think this is hilarious 

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Responses

Hippie
Hippie

07.10.2020 | 10:19 AM ET

^   I agree..  ******* Venum!

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

07.10.2020 | 10:26 AM ET

Reebok is gonna be the shoe sponsor for a min tho 

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

GringoCaliente
GringoCaliente
  • Predictions:  7,310  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 294

07.10.2020 | 2:21 PM ET

Reebok like...

"I'll fight them all. Men, women, children, ******** people it doesn't matter, if you hit me we're gonna fight" - Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennet

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.10.2020 | 4:11 PM ET

Not a good indicator for the health of the UFC. This would have come from Reebok's end. I'd heard their contract was expiring with UFC and they obviously didn't want to renew it. RBK is owned by ADIDAS. It's a  subsidiary.

Venum is a huge step down. It's not even public.

Very weird partnership. It's possible UFC want to acquire it.

* Edited at 07.10.2020, 4:16 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 12 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.10.2020 | 8:15 PM ET

No other way to say it

The Reebok gear sucked! Good riddance!
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

07.10.2020 | 10:19 PM ET

@Fishrat

But daddy Dana said that the uniform deal with Reebok would elevate the UFC and get the fighters more monies through osmosis and shieeeet! :^)

Honestly this what the UFC deserves after how they ****** over every little guy to big name sponsor in the MMA business with the Reebok deal.  They thought they were hot **** and could pull in a name like Nike or Under Armor and attract sponsors like Verizon and other big name advertising partners, but nope. I hope this leads to the UFC pulling their head out of their ass and realize that this uniform **** doesn't work for a sport like MMA, but I won't be shocked if the UFC doesn't learn their lesson.

"..."

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

07.10.2020 | 10:48 PM ET

@GreenHornet

Dana White can't seem to understand that uniforms only work in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, etc.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,256
  • Post Score: 136

07.11.2020 | 12:12 AM ET

Odd indeed but didnt care for rbk either.
Dont they know real athletes wear Nike?

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.11.2020 | 12:54 AM ET

I do agree that the Reebok deal was a *************, and so is the new Venum deal. Fighters should be allowed to make their own sponshorship deals and the promotion shouldstay the **** out of their lives. How the UFC works licensing, sponsorship and merchandising is massively exploitative. .

I think there's probably two reasons they don't allow fighters to organize their own sponsorship:

A) It gives fighters waaaaaaaay too much leverage over the promotion.For example If X fighter was signed by Nike it's quite possible that they would make far more from that endorsement than anything UFC actually pays them. And that would be for the UFC for quite a few reasons, but mostly because it would be in the interests of the fighter to to cater to their sponsor, not the promotion--it would to put it simply remove power from UFC. It would make contract negotiations far more difficult for UFC both in the sense that it would flat out have to offer fighters more skrilla to keep them around as a result of cost/risk benefit ( fighter side) but also because of the providence created by a massively recognizable brand name raising the stock price of the sponsored fighter.

B) The system that exists now is set up to create both UFC and promoters really ******* cheap money and  low-risk speculation.Ultimately, every sponsor is gambling when they decide to endorse any given fighter. It's not really any different than stock trading. Basically, they're buying calls on a human being, and when you're only expected to return 10-15% value in generated equity...well, you can kind of be as bullish as you like, because that's chicken-scratch in real terms, and was especially so given how popular UFC was between 2015-2019, and especially given UFC's virtual total market dominance. Actually, it's a far safer game than trading, because although they might not know which fighter will get massive, they do know it will be a UFC fighter and that they will always be the sponsor of that fighter because they sponsor every UFC fighter. There's actually nothing even close to that in the world of trading, They're wagering **** all to at worst make a very small net loss with the very high probability of making a huge return somewhere else.

They literally had and still do have the market cornered. Probably what got ADS ( I just checked their index and their price didn't even move in any meaningful way as a result of the announcement Reebok cut ties with UFC) soft in the whole thing was the fact that Dana can't really keep his house in order, and no brand wants to to endorse AthleteS who are ******s/on video punching old men in the pub/drunk degenerates getting in to fender benders with pregnant women.

Reebok (well, ADS) can see the writing on the wall. They were clever enough to time the market and had a ******* GREAT position in a bubble, and now that's over and they're getting out right on time IMO, probably without ever getting their 'Theta' comeuppance.

Now UFC is standing around with its **** in its hand tethered to a ****** company that nobody recognizes and employs like 61 ******* people because they can't pull off the same confidence trick twice. It's embarrassing. I think WME paid way, waaaay to much in the UFC acquisition. That was insane. Or maybe it wasn't, I don't know what they do. It probably looked sexy when they bought it, it was selling out every ******* event, there was no union ( still isn't) and they had no competition etc et al. Everybody ****s up occasionally. Buffet bought Kraft which turned out to be an absolute turd of a play.

Sean O'malley worked out that Reebok had generated over 1M in T-shirt sales off his name alone, and he took two fifths of **** all of that, It was something like 3K when the dust settled. The line that DC and Dana  feed people about 'Oh, it looks cleaner' is obvious horse **** and that should be clear to everyone. If it's about optics and congeniality, what's to stop the company simply limiting the amount of sponsors a fighter can rep but letting them choose what those are?

Anyway, the whole system is greasy and I'm for the Ali Act for MMA. Allowing UFC to set IR parameters almost absolutely is like allowing rats to guard the granary, and as long as it's the only viable show in town, that's going to be the status quo, and fighters are going to take it up the bracket.

* Edited at 07.11.2020, 1:27 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 4 days, 12 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

07.11.2020 | 2:56 AM ET

@Fishrat

The way to fix this is not to get the US Federal Government into this.  They will **** it up even worse.

"..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.11.2020 | 3:29 AM ET

lol I love you man, I really do--and believe me, I hate the Government as much as anybody. But it's the Ali Act or a Union, which would just be a kangaroo court. An unions are just cesspools of corruption.

Competition,completion, completion! It's how we get great ****.

Unrelated, but have you been following the Ghislaine Maxwell debacle? Turns out that ***** was literally a power moderator on Reddit....millions of Karma, and has multiple posts defending Pedo activity on the site. Looks like Reddit brass knew, and had some kind of relationship with her.
tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,278  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

07.11.2020 | 9:12 AM ET

@GreenHornet

If the UFC would stop trying to be "mainstream" and quit pandering to the casuals who think it should be WWE, that would be a good start.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.11.2020 | 9:53 AM ET

A long long time ago

Dana seen (I forget who) wearing his fight gear covered in so many sponsors that dana said quote 
"He looks like a NASCAR" in reality the ******* cash register bell started going off in his head when he realized how much sponsor ship money he wasn't gettin
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.11.2020 | 9:54 AM ET

Fighters use to make hundreds of thousands of extra income on that! 

Dana white is a ******* criminal.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.11.2020 | 9:56 AM ET

I don't even like O'Malley but **** bro three grand off one ******* million? 

Nike and white should go to prison.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

07.11.2020 | 5:50 PM ET

100 percent let them have their sponsors back I miss the old seedy condom shack stickers lmao.
**** dana he should get zero of sponsorship he is the vp or whatever these days.
If you believe the extra "income" line i dont that smuck rory hollered that for years.
Where is he bumfightleage casue they pay more?
They need to learn how to barter contracts better and ***** less ruins the aura for me.
Seriously I'm the baddest ***********er rararraraar..boohoo dana stole my loli pop boohoo.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

07.11.2020 | 6:01 PM ET

@Joshjeffords

Who doesn't miss seeing sponsors like Extenze and Condom Depot on the fight shorts?

"..."

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

07.13.2020 | 6:36 PM ET

Make u think, How little Money Rebok paid for the UFC that Venom could buy it over them. It such a ****** bussness plan because now u have to pay the fighter more then the little money the sponsorship money is. And Geogard and Rory left because of it

But know Dana, Dana wanted it so he could **** the fighter, Raw dog like Till did to Perry bird

* Edited at 07.13.2020, 6:38 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords

07.14.2020 | 2:30 PM ET

Ooooh hold the press the Venum deal could be a good omen!
When Machida front kick kod HOF Randy Couture he was wearing Venum and had it on his banner.
Also Steven Seagalski was in his corner so likely illegal Chinese medicinal herbs too.
The kind you can see what others cant and do what other cant..

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

08.05.2020 | 6:13 PM ET

Any new news on this Chernobyl level disaster or is everything being kept mum on purpose?

"..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Says He Is Likely To Earn ‘$30-50 Million’ From Devin Haney Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘My son got down on you’: Bill Haney and Floyd Mayweather get into heated argument online
  • MMAFighting.com : Ilia Topuria on Sean O’Malley superfight: ‘If he defends the belt, that’s going to be the biggest fight in UFC history’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 pre-event facts: Karine Silva looks to continue historic octagon start
  • Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Parking Lot Incident With ‘Crazy Lady’, Says She Texted Dana White About Possibly Going To Jail
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry targets fights with Jake Paul and 'fat b*tch' Darren Till if successful at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • Jits Magazine : Star-Studded Lineup Confirmed For UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler criticizes Arman Tsarukyan turning down UFC 302 title fight, Tsrukyan unloads back
  • MMA Mania : UFC 304 Official For July 27 In Manchester
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 commentary team, broadcast plans set: New trio calls action from cageside for first time
  • MMAFighting.com : The 2024 MMA Draft: Which 35 fighters are the best building blocks for MMA promotions?
  • MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway
  • MMA Junkie : UFC returns to Manchester for UFC 304 on July 27
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Mania : Barber Was Ready To ‘Lay This Lady Out’ In Viral Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King