Topic: Culcay vs. Baraou

Culcay vs. Baraou

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,815
  • Post Score: 47

07.04.2020 | 9:48 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Culcay vs. Baraou
  • Friday 08.28.2020 at 02:30 PM ET
  • Promotion: Agon Sports Events
  • Co-Promoter: Sauerland
  • Venue: Havelstudios
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • Boxing Bouts: 6
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   Jack Culcay  defeats  Abass Baraou via Decision, Split   12 Rounds, 36:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Vincent Feigenbutz  defeats  Jama Saidi via Decision, Unanimous   12 Rounds, 36:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Vincenzo Gualtieri  vs.  Thomas Piccirillo Ends in a Draw, Majority   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Haro Matevosyan  defeats  Joel Julio via Decision, Unanimous   10 Rounds, 30:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Fabian Thiemke  defeats  Gennadi Stserbin via Decision, Unanimous   6 Rounds, 18:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   William Scull  defeats  Mathias Eklund via KO/TKO   1:15 Round 4 of 8, 10:15 Total Bout Page

Responses

2020.07.04 9:50 AM ET

bout announced

Jack Culcay vs. Abass Baraou
2020.07.06 6:02 PM ET

bout announced

Vincenzo Gualtieri vs. Thomas Piccirillo
2020.07.15 2:34 PM ET

bout announced

Jama Saidi vs. Vincent Feigenbutz
2020.07.15 2:35 PM ET

bout announced

Christian Arvelo Segura vs. Adam Amkhadov
2020.07.15 7:10 PM ET

bout announced

Haro Matevosyan vs. Joel Julio
2020.07.15 7:11 PM ET

bout announced

Fabian Thiemke vs. Gennadi Stserbin
2020.08.05 9:34 AM ET

bout announced

William Scull vs. Mathias Eklund
2020.08.27 2:31 PM ET

event start time updated

From Friday, August 28 at 2:00pm ET to Friday, August 28 at 2:30pm ET
2020.08.27 2:31 PM ET

event picks deadline updated

Fantasy picks now lock at Friday, August 28 at 2:00pm ET
C4po
C4po
  • Predictions:  125  |  74.4%
  • Forum Posts:  136
  • Post Score: 102

08.28.2020 | 9:26 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 71st

Scull vs. Eklund
William Scull, DEC
1filip.barak@gmail.com

This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 1 week, 5 days, 12 hours, and 15 minutes from now.
2020.08.28 2:29 PM ET

bout result

William Scull defeats Mathias Eklund via KO/TKO at 1:15 of Round 4
2020.08.28 3:01 PM ET

bout result

Haro Matevosyan defeats Joel Julio via 10 Round Decision
2020.08.28 3:01 PM ET

bout result

Fabian Thiemke defeats Gennadi Stserbin via 6 Round Decision
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858
  • Predictions:  2,272  |  77.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,238
  • Post Score: 161

08.28.2020 | 3:56 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 8th with 4 others

I expect a decent distance fight to occur in the bout for the German Middleweight Title between Vincenzo Gualtieri and Thomas Piccirillo tonight in Berlin... Piccirillo is as hard as they come, with a good work rate, stiff Jab and come forward attitude, with straight rights over the top.... However, Gualtieri is more experienced, with double the amount of Professional fights to his advantage... He his physically bigger, slightly stronger and more inventive with his shot selection, but I doubt he his powerful enough to put Piccirillo away, so it should go the 10 Rounds... Personally, I think Gualtieri will retain the German Middleweight Title in a very close points decision 🤔🥊👊👍

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! 🥊👊👍"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.28.2020 | 4:02 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 2 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 8th with 4 others

Thinking about the Gualtieri Vs Piccirillo fight... I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a draw, as the two fighters are both on a similar level with regards to Boxing ability, it will just depend if the Challenger, Piccirillo wants it more than the Champion, Gualtieri... The footage I have seen of Piccirillo shows him to be a really strong, determined, physically fit Middleweight and his dimensions are well suited to the Middleweight Division... 🤔🥊👊👍

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! 🥊👊👍"

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.28.2020 | 4:12 PM ET

Interested to see how Vincent Feigenbutz fairs in his fight against Jama Saidi in their Middleweight International IBF Championship tussel tonight... Feigenbutz has been fighting at Super Middleweight these past few years, with plenty of Wins inside the distance... He definitely carries power, considerable strength, combined with workrate and will be physically bigger than Saidi, who I have to be honest, don't know too much about... His last fight was an unfortunate schooling at the hands of IBF Super Middleweight Champion, Caleb Plant, which didn't surprise me one bit, but for Feigenbutz to get the opportunity as a Mandatory Challenger with that particular organisation at the age of 23/24, just shows how much Feigenbutz has put into his Professional Boxing Career... With 31 Professional Wins and 28 inside the distance, if he has made the weight well, I expect Feigenbutz to get the victory and possibly pick up a late Stoppage against an apparently fit, slick, tricky, awkward fighter in Jama Saidi.... I just think Feigenbutz's experience and physical strengths will just be too much on the night. His power for a young Boxer has always impressed me for the Super Middleweight Division 🤔🥊👊👍

2020.08.28 4:28 PM ET

bout result

Vincenzo Gualtieri vs. Thomas Piccirillo ends in a Draw

weigh-in result

Vincenzo Gualtieri: 156.0 lbs (70.8 kgs)

weigh-in result

Thomas Piccirillo: 158.0 lbs (71.7 kgs)
2020.08.28 5:11 PM ET

bout result

Vincent Feigenbutz defeats Jama Saidi via 12 Round Decision

weigh-in result

Jama Saidi: 157.0 lbs (71.2 kgs)

weigh-in result

Vincent Feigenbutz: 158.0 lbs (71.7 kgs)
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.28.2020 | 5:29 PM ET

In the last hour I have just found out that Abass Baraou is a fighter with English Boxing Trainer, Adam Booth, the former Trainer of David Haye and current Trainer to the likes of Josh Kelly and Irish Featherweight, Mick Conlan... Apparently he his very decent... In my opinion, he will have to be something special, having only had 9 Professional Boxing contests thus far, to beat a fighter like Jack Culcay, with the amount of experience and level of opposition and standard that Culcay has fought at, only losing to the best in the World within his weight division... The fight is in Berlin, Culcay is promoted by the Event Promoter's, Agon Sports and for me, this is fight I feel Culcay will take on points... If Not, Abass Baraou will have definitely impressed and will surely have a very bright future in Professional Boxing in front of him... Culcay is definitely a fringe World Level operator within the Super Welterweight Division... 🤔🥊👊👍

2020.08.28 6:25 PM ET

bout result

Jack Culcay defeats Abass Baraou via 12 Round Decision

weigh-in result

Jack Culcay: 153.0 lbs (69.4 kgs)

weigh-in result

Abass Baraou: 153.0 lbs (69.4 kgs)
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.28.2020 | 6:39 PM ET

Well... After reading an article published in the last hour, or so on Boxing Scene's Website, Vincent Feigenbutz got a deserved victory in his opponent's backyard and with it an Inter-Continental IBF Belt at Middleweight... I'm sure Jama Saidi, with his tricky, awkward, clever Boxing style made it uncomfortable at times for Feigenbutz, but this was a fight that Vincent should have Won, on paper at least and needed to Win, to ensure that he would be considered a relevant fighter over the next year... Within their last couple of fights, both guys had lost... Saidi lost a close points decision, at his former fighting weight of Super Welterweight against Main Eventer on the same Fightcard this evening, Jack Culcay and Feigenbutz was schooled and finished within the distance by a terrific World Class Super Middleweight, in the form of Caleb Plant, in the USA earlier this year... The difference in the quality level of these two opponents to the fighters fighting this evening is a number of levels, with Caleb Plant being top draw and Jack Culcay being  decent Fringe World level Contender, 2 Divisions lower than what Vincent has previously fought at.... I thought Vincent would potentially force a late, Round 9 - 11 (predicted Round 9 on this Site, Stoppage of Saidi), but from reading the Report on Boxing Scene, Saidi sounds like he is a tough, durable fighters, along with being a decent Boxer, with moderate power at Middleweight... Vincent Feigenbutz, at 24 Years Old, with 32 Wins as a Professional Boxer continues to fly the German Flag 🇩🇪 and he always tries to achieve the Stoppage, so is generally in exciting, action packed fights 🤔🥊👊👍

JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858

08.28.2020 | 6:49 PM ET

It would apparently appear that I was correct with my earlier assessment of Jack Culcay winning a close, competitive points decision against the promising prospect, Abass Baraou in tonight's Main Event in Berlin, Germany... Rumour has it though, that it was in fact a split points decision to Culcay, who was the Home fighter and Abass put on quite the performance against a very good, World level operator, in a fight that if staged by a different Promoter, like Sauerland in a different part of the world, including in Germany, Abass would have taken a UD Points decision, even though it was a competitive affair... Subsequently, that sounds unfortunate for Abass the fighter and his team, which apparently include British Boxing Trainer, Adam Booth, but Booth has always been excellent at getting the best out of his skilled Boxers, including getting them to handle defeat in a gracious and uncompromising way, so hopefully if this, was indeed the case, Abass will get a direct rematch, or another promising opportunity and it does sound like Abass is quite the talent, just like a number of British prospects that are currently in Adam Booth's stable of Fighters... Will definitely try to watch some footage of Abass and good luck to both Boxer's and their next move in Professional Boxing... 🤔🥊👊👊👍

2020.08.30 12:36 PM ET

bout status update

Segura vs. Amkhadov Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  48,754  |  73.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,106
  • Post Score: 300

08.30.2020 | 1:15 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 6 Winners, 3 Perfect, 250 Points   |   30th Place

By the way Jay, Abass Barou won that fight!!!! It was close but he definitely should have got the win

Just another example of German boxing judges being the absolute worst in the world!!!!!
Sounds strange saying Culcay got the home cooking being that he's born in Ecuador. But he has fought and been based out of Germany for his entire career and as you pointed out he was the promotions fighter! I call ********!!!!  Young Thiemke was lucky too, the referee kept taking points from his opponent massively helping him out as he gassed out hard after a couple rounds and was hanging on.
Also!!!! Piccirillo should've been given the win. He actually beat an Agon fighter last time so he was never going to get a 2nd win.
Again, German judges SUCK!!!!!! 

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video