Tapology Forums

What is Next for Hendo and Shogun?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Reeves
Reeves
  • Predictions:  778  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 139

11.19.2011 | 11:51 PM ET

First of all, wow what a fight! I honestly considered Chandler/Alvarez my new FOTY but that only lasted a few hours and now I have my new one. Anyway I am really curious to see whether Henderson chooses to stay at LHW or drop down to MW. He should face the winner of Jones/Machida (Unless Rashad is still next in line) or the winner of Sonnen/Silva II. For Shogun I think he should fight Phil Davis or Rashad Evans if for some reason he ends up getting passed over again.

Most of all though, somewhere down the line I want to see a rematch!

Responses Page 3

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

11.20.2011 | 3:09 AM ET

@nibrack11 haha thanks! Always good to have someone agree with me on here, it's not a common thing trust me lol

"Is reality really realistic?"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

11.20.2011 | 3:09 AM ET

@nibrack, absolutely agree. 

@justyn Arona? If that's true, then awesome, I'd love to see him fight again. I heard he's making tons of money doing something that has to do with grappling in Abu Dhabi. He's either doing tournaments (which is unlikely because I think I would have heard of them) or he's like personally teaching some rich guy. But this could have just been something I read somewhere that isn't true, so Idk. I'd LOVE it if he came back to mma.

"We Are All One"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

11.20.2011 | 3:13 AM ET

@mino ya not to long after the return to Brazil event was annonced i read on some site that he was trying to fight on it and then also something about if not he would be trying to return in 2012.

haha not trying to get anyones hopes up, but i would LOVE to see him come back and fight even if it wasn't in the UFC again.

But you know he has to want some revenge on Rampage powerbombing him uncouncious, espicially considering most people consider that the greatest knock out of all time.

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

11.20.2011 | 3:14 AM ET

@justyn and minotauro11 np to both of you you guys have been making valid points all night. @mino theres no reason you should get voted down because of that but it happens to everybody and @justyn i like the profile pic first time i seen it was today made me laugh so hard and its so true lol.

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

11.20.2011 | 3:20 AM ET

Here's the article where he talks about returning in 2012

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/6/2408239/ricardo-arona-claims-he-turned-down-strikeforce-deal-eyeing-2012

And here is an article where he talks about trying to fight at UFC in Brazil

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2011/3/7/2036965/ricardo-arona-wants-to-fight-at-ufc-rio-in-august

* Edited at 11.20.2011, 3:22 AM ET *

thomnasty
thomnasty
  • Predictions:  169  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 200

11.20.2011 | 8:16 AM ET

shogun rapage II

in japan.

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

11.20.2011 | 8:36 AM ET

Can't believe people are giving Wanderlei high fights on the ladder.  Dana White said he doesn't want to see him getting knocked silly, thats what Johnson and Belfort would both do.  Wanderlei fought smart and defeated a technical fighter.  I don't understand how people can say that he's "back", or "Classic Wanderlei".  Classic Wanderlei was a relentless killer.  This was a more refined, and smart Wanderlei.  His chin is still a big issue.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

FroZeN
FroZeN
  • Predictions:  1,196  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 176

11.20.2011 | 8:52 AM ET

Hendo should, and will most likely get a title shot.  Whatever weight class will be up to him.

It would be awesome to see Shogun fight Rampage, but I doubt that'll happen cause Bonnar called Rampage out. 
Reeves
Reeves
  • Predictions:  778  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  225
  • Post Score: 139

11.21.2011 | 2:47 AM ET

Thanks for all the responses guys. I didn't think about it earlier but I think a Shogun/Rampage rematch next for both of them would work great as well. Anyone ranked lower than Evans, Rampage and Phil Davis shouldn't be considered for Shogun even though he is coming off a "loss" (draw in my opinion but oh well) because he is no doubt a top 3 Light Heavyweight.
TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

11.21.2011 | 3:39 AM ET

Japan card, both

"3HUNNA"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.21.2011 | 8:23 AM ET

I would much rather see a Rampage/Shogun rematch then Rampage/Bonnar on that Japan card. Hendo should probably get the winner of Jones/Machida

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

11.21.2011 | 10:02 AM ET

Shogun/Rampage will happen now that Shogun "LOST" - Rampage asked for the fight and we all know Shogun would love to fight in Japan again too! Hendo stated he wants a title shot next, and i can't blame him for doing so at age 41... Personally i think it'd like to see him fight Rashad next, but there if Jon Jones wins he's notorious for quick turnarounds..... If Hendo does get the next shot without fighting Evans, I have no clue where it leaves Rashad.
***yukken
***yukken
  • Predictions:  168  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 197

11.21.2011 | 10:13 AM ET

I'd prefer Hendo stay at 205.  It would be cool to see Hendo/Silva 2, but he's looked so much better at LHW and there are a lot of fun fights for him there.  I think he deserves a shot at the title after that fight, but if they don't give it to him I could see fights with Rashad, Machida, or a rematch with Rampage all being awesome.  

Speaking of Rampage I'd like to see the rematch with Shogun, too.  Shogun demonstrated beyond a doubt that he's still an elite LHW, and I don't want to see him getting a lesser-tier opponent.  A rubber-match with Machida would be interesting too if Machida loses to Jones.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

MachidaKarate4Life
MachidaKarate4Life
  • Predictions:  120  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  24

11.21.2011 | 10:19 AM ET

Hendo vs. Rashad needs to happen, I know Rashad's been promised the shot for so long but it needs to happen, Feijao would murder Thiago Silva, Shogun already ran through Rampage, and Babalu and Fedor are jjust as good as a win over Tito. Hendo's on a four fight winning streak which includes two top ten Light Heavyweights and the greatest Heavyweight of all time, Rashad's on a three fight winning streak against a guy whose 1-1-1 since 2009 with no relevant wins, Rampage, and Tito.

As for Shogun, let's see Shogun/Rampage II, it'll get him right back in the mix provided he wins.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

11.21.2011 | 10:26 AM ET

Feijao would murder Thiago...  lol wut?

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

11.21.2011 | 10:38 AM ET

I see what he's trying to do Thiago. He's trying to show Hendo's recent record is at least as good as or better than Rashad's but he's obviously jumping to conclusions that we don't agree with. Thiago Silva has 2 losses on his record: the Machida KO and Rashad wrestle**** while Feijao got KOed by Mike Kyle and Hendo and wfed by Mo. I'll take Thiago all day.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761

11.21.2011 | 11:14 AM ET

I'll take a health Thiago Silva as well, but if he fights injured again i can't see him winning. Hopefully Thiago's back is right when he returns next year.
MachidaKarate4Life
MachidaKarate4Life
  • Predictions:  120  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  24

11.21.2011 | 11:17 AM ET

The difference between Evans/Silva and Mo/Feijao is that Feijao actually won, and Feijao has actually won some fights in 2010 and 2011, something Thiago hasn't.

He's a better striker and grappler than Thiago Silva, who is easily the most overrated fighter in MMA today, everyone always defends him by saying he's only lost to Machida and Rashad but  that means nothing to me, I wanna know what has he done to warrant this top ten status people give him, his best win is Keith Jardine which was in 2009 and his last win to date, Jardine has since lost to Ryan Bader, Matt Hamill and Trevor Prangley, that's the only relevant win Thiago has and it was two years ago.

Thiago is a very medicore fighter in reality, and if he starts fighting guys like Rashad and Machida or even Rampage, Shogun, and Davis on a regular basis, you'll see it and because of that Rashad needs to prove he's the top contender and fight Hendo.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

11.21.2011 | 11:24 AM ET

I like the Phil Davis/Shogun idea...But if Davis gets in a striking match with Shogun the hype train might get derailed quickly! I was impressed with Shogun's takedowns against Hendo...I counted 5x Shogun took Hendo down in the fight!

As for Hendo he needs to stay at 205. I've never liked him at 185 even though he's damn good there. I'd love to see Hendo/Rashad for a true #1 contender, but if we don't get it, because Rashad gets his title shot (finally!) There's not really a fight out there for Hendo unless he gets the Jones/Machida loser or the Tito/Nog winner

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

11.21.2011 | 11:24 AM ET

@Machida.. You really don't know what you're talking about. Feijao is in strikeforce, Thiago is in the ufc. You're comparing Feijao's win against Mo to Thiago/Rashad, ***? You're seriously comparing King Mo to Suga Rashad Evans? Evans is the number 2 LHW, Mo isn't top 10. 

Thiago lost a close decision to Rashad in which he almost finished him in the third. He also fought injured that fight as he couldn't train any wrestling leading up to that fight because of his back and he still almost won. I don't think any of us said at any point here that he would beat Machida, Rashad, Shogun or Rampage but Feijao is nowhere near as good as them. And for the record I would pick Thiago to beat Rampage, Shogun too.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : (Video) Max Holloway’s Team Lost Their Minds After UFC 300 KO And So Did Ref Marc Goddard
  • MMA Mania : Garbrandt Hospitalized With Vertigo
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Was UFC 300 The Best MMA Event Ever?
  • Bad Left Hook : Devin Haney shoves Ryan Garcia: ‘Your son’s going to get killed,’ says Haney’s father
  • UFC.com : Featherweight Contenders (#12) Edson Barboza And Lerone Murphy Battle At UFC Apex
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping: Max Holloway ‘Flipped The Script’ At UFC 300, Justin Gaethje ‘Victim Of His Own Success’
  • MMA Mania : Haney Two-Hands Garcia Atop Empire State Building
  • UFC.com : The Journey Doesn't Scare Thiago Moises
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier amazed by UFC champ Alex Pereira's success 'when he can't wrestle'
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Points Out Where Justin Gaethje Went ‘Sideways’ Against Max Holloway At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Joe Rogan calls Max Holloway's UFC 300 finish of Justin Gaethje 'the greatest knockout of all time'
  • Jits Magazine : Jeff Glover Steps In To Face Urijah Faber In Combat Jiu-Jitsu Match
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Cody Garbrandt says bout of vertigo affected him in loss to Deiveson Figueireo at UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Says Alex Pereira Could Be MMA GOAT If He Wins Heavyweight Title, Vouches For ‘Poatan’ vs. Tom Aspinall Fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney shoves Ryan Garcia during heated staredown at Empire State building
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMA Junkie : Cody Garbrandt says he experienced vertigo during UFC 300 loss
  • Middle Easy : Renato Moicano Enlightens Fans With Money Lessons, Agrees To Do TUF Against Paddy Pimblett
  • MMA Mania : Audio: Ref Mic Captures ‘Blessed’ Blast