Tapology Forums

Yo Greg Is This Legal Under Tap Law? 2 Old School Ideas For The New Ones.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Call Me Sean Wick
Call Me Sean Wick
  • Predictions:  239  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 260

06.22.2020 | 10:22 AM ET

I remember back in the day we used to have competitions for cash prizes on here. They slowly disappeared along with the competitions period. Yeah most of you guys here came along after. I think the forums kinda died down after these competitions went away. So I have an idea, hear me out everyone.

Would I be able to run a competition using the fantasy part of the site? Of course I could. I'm thinking of doing this though...for example.

16 man league. 
$15 buy-in covering 8-10 UFC events. 
1st place gets $150/2nd $50/ 3rd $25/4th $10/5th $5 (something like that) 
I'll run it, or if someone more trustworthy (Gregory) could handle the cash. I'd use paypal but I dont know if I'd be allowed to do it. If not ill just do it anyway right under your nose. Haha. Just playing. Or not.

I think this could spice things up a little bit and maybe get some more activity going on here. Also as a side note and my second idea...

Yooo.  Lets get the ******* BLC started back up fools. Its time. Its definitely time. Lets get the site jumping again and some friendly competition going on other than a spot on a leaderboard.

" There is no God. There's just you and me, and how we treat one another during our brief time under the stars. " - - ImperatorFishrat--

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

06.22.2020 | 10:27 AM ET

Formally Tapology / the website cannot support you in betting on any games or handling any cash for you. You'd need to do that on your own without us, and make your own decisions on whether or not you felt you were complying with the applicable laws where you live.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Call Me Sean Wick
Call Me Sean Wick

06.22.2020 | 10:30 AM ET

Is it betting though? Technically?

" There is no God. There's just you and me, and how we treat one another during our brief time under the stars. " - - ImperatorFishrat--

Gregory
Gregory

06.22.2020 | 10:31 AM ET

See my prior response. You need to figure it out for yourself. We cannot offer you any guidance, advice, or support.

* Edited at 06.22.2020, 10:32 AM ET *

Call Me Sean Wick
Call Me Sean Wick

06.22.2020 | 10:49 AM ET

Got ya. What ever happened to the cash prize competitions anyway?

Gregory
Gregory

06.22.2020 | 11:52 AM ET

Back in like 2012 to 2015 or so, we were having a hard time growing the website and getting enough people using it.  We did the seasonal cash prizes to see if they would help bring in new users.  We thought maybe if there was a $500 prize for each UFC season, maybe that would drive a lot of new website membership. But we didn't think they were really working that well for that purpose, so we phased them out.  Our traffic is way, way higher than back then too, which is good.

Call Me Sean Wick
Call Me Sean Wick

06.22.2020 | 5:25 PM ET

Higher shmigher. 

Lets bring one back for old times sake and see how well it works out now, for old times sake.

I actually first found this site in 2012? Early 13? I don't remember exactly but I do know that I brought a nice chunk of people over here just based off of those alone. I mean at least 15-20 people. Real people. Im sure close to 75-100 e-peeps.  Even the weekend competitions gave me that little "umph" I feel is missing now. I guess everybody got tired of losing to the time traveling bot with auto-fight-correct abilities, but no...not me.

Call Me Sean Wick
Call Me Sean Wick

06.22.2020 | 5:30 PM ET

But honestly congrats man. Tapology is pretty much a given now as the go to for MMA info. Past, present or future. 

Jesus though, I can't believe I've been here for almost an entire decade. I remember watching McGregor beat Brimage (FS1 UFC debut) with everyone else on here. Good times.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’