Topic: Laura Huizar

Fighters like Laura Huizar make the often overlooked Atomweight division well worth following

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,311
  • Post Score: 285

06.20.2020 | 7:37 PM ET

The Atomweight division is an often overlooked division as talents such as Laura Huizar are often missed by many fight fans. This is a shame because although the fighters in this division may not have as much power as fighters in the higher divisions, it is a division that requires much more tactical skill as the fighters have to try and use their moves and techniques far more wisely. Laura Huizar is a very good example of this as although she doesn't have a lot of professional fights under her belt, she has shown that she is a very clever fighter who uses her skills far more wisely. In my opinion, I believe that she has a much better all round skill set than many fighters in the weight classes above her. This is why she has been recognized in not just the Mexican Women's P4P rankings but also in the Latin American Women's P4P rankings. Again, in order to accomplish this with so few professional fights under her belt is a great testament to her skill. It is fighters like her who make the Atomweight division well worth following. If she can carry on showing the level of skill and commitment that she has so far in her career then she could very easily become on of the most recognizable Atomweight fighters in the world and would hopefully cause more fight fans to take the Atomweight division seriously.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Laura Huizar

Fighter Details

• Name: Laura Huizar
  • Pro MMA Record: 3-4-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 22, 2023 in EXF
  • Weight Class: Strawweight | Last Weigh-In: 105.2 lbs
  • Affiliation: 24 Fight Studio
  • Height: 5'1" (155cm) | Reach: N/A
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: Mexico
  • Fighting out of: Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.21.2020 | 9:49 PM ET

UFC definitely needs a women's atom weight division. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

06.21.2020 | 9:51 PM ET

The last thing UFC needs is another WMMA division. It needs to cut half of what it has already.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 5 days, 12 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 10:01 PM ET

Bullocks! @fish you don't know **** about wmma. The smaller women's divisions are the more high level and competitive divisions fish. Bantam weight has dried up bad over the last couple years and feather weight has been a nightmare and I'd say the ufc definitely doesn't need a lightweight division but it really does need an atom weight division. The 105ers have speed and cardio so u don't get as many **** shows as bantam and featherweight.

P.s. did u apologize to mma fortune teller yet? U ******* paranoid *******!!!!
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.21.2020 | 10:44 PM ET

I know everything I need to know about it, particularly that there is virtually no market for it, and that is because, like all women's sports, it sucks. Not 100% of the time. About 85% of the time.

Even the WMMA fights that people consider good are only good in a sense relative to how **** WMMA typically is. It's the soft bigotry of low expectations; gratitude for when something that is typified by ennui that verges on the suicide-inducing is not exactly that degree of awful is not the same as enjoyment. A man might be grateful a bear ate his pinkie and not his ****, for example.

Your interest in WMMA is not contingent  on the standard of fighting at all, but rather it is a kink; the fetishized interest of a pervert. If the WMMA fights you claim to enjoy were men's fights, you'd condemn them as steaming piles of ****. You like WMMA because it is composed of people with breasts and ******s beating on one another. Not because of the quality of the fights in a broad sense.

* Edited at 06.21.2020, 11:01 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 5 days, 12 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:04 PM ET

@fish you are an ass hat
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.21.2020 | 11:12 PM ET

Probably. But I've never jerked off to an INVICTA event, never hidden in a bush and watched my neighbor's wife get undressed through a pair of binoculars, or bought a pair of used  panties from a vending machine.

* Edited at 06.21.2020, 11:32 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:13 PM ET

Remember that time you said evolution was proven and you cited an experiment about one bacteria turning into another bacteria. Eh? ******* idiot. Guess that clearly proves we evolved from fish another great evolutionary theory. Our ears are left over from gills. ******* idiots. ***? I thought u were smart? Stop spewing hatespeech like the THEORY of evolution immediately. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:14 PM ET

I've totally jerked off to invicta FC event. Wmma in general does that disqualify me from the argument. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:18 PM ET

Miesha tate, Paige Vanzant, Rachel Ostovich.

Those three get me Everytime.

Bea Malecki and Megan Anderson's long ass legs have gotten me a couple times too. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:19 PM ET

Seriously though you perpetuating the myth that evolution is proven rather then a theory is the last time I was pissed off in here.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:21 PM ET

And how can u say there is no market for wmma when there literally is a market for it. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.21.2020 | 11:22 PM ET

I never said Bacteria changed in to another type of bacteria. I cited a study in which bacteria evolved over successive generations to become drastically more efficient at consuming a particular type of food. What you'e doing in your head is Lemarckism, not evolution by natural selection. You simply don't know the difference.

We have many types of antibiotic resistant bacteria that evolved to be just that via the process of evolution by natural selection. We also have weeds which are resistant to poison via the same process. We have human beings in Africa who are resistant to AIDS.

We didn't evolve from Fish. We evolved from an extinct rat-like creature. Fitting, I'd say. As I said originally, there is more evidence for Evolution than there is for Atomic theory and the theory of gravity. But you wouldn't take offense at either of those theories, would you?

* Edited at 06.21.2020, 11:24 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:34 PM ET

Actually I would. 

gravity is also just a theory but much more proven and observable using the scientific method. In the case of gravity they just don't know what the **** it is. 
In the theory of evolution their is no proof of one animal turning into another animal it's never happened in our known history. I was aware of the study u sited and there is another similar one on Finch's turning into different Finch's. Neither of those studies prove evolution any more then the theory of creationism Can prove or disprove gods or aliens don't get me started. 

As far as atomic theory I don't know enough about it but I think the problem their is the incredibly small scale and the weirdness of the quantum realm.

P.s. I'm sorry for calling you an ass hat.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:36 PM ET

@fish maybe u should brush up on the theory your defending cause it says all life on earth evolved from fish/sea creatures
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:39 PM ET

Also fish seriously read Darwin's Theory bro he says one kind will turn into another kind not just species becoming more efficient but one species evolving into another. It's ******* nonsense.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:39 PM ET

Has never been observed will never be observed
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.21.2020 | 11:40 PM ET

It has not happened in your lifetime, or your parent's, or theirs, and so on, because it takes place over hundreds of thousands and millions of years. You are a modern animal living among modern animals. They are evolving, but by the time they have become new species, you will have gone. Recorded History is only around 5000 years. You wouldn't expect there to be written records of change of species.

You'd expect fossils. We have those.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

06.21.2020 | 11:41 PM ET

I have read The Origin of species multiple times. It's written in a way anybody can understand it, free of technical jargon. You should try it.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:48 PM ET

@fish that's a ridiculous argument. They didn't start evolving all at the same time so yes some would have evolved in our lifetime fish and yesterday and tomorrow. Except that evolution is nonsense so no your right nothing has evolved in our lifetime. 

Also how can a fossil of a dead thing be proof of one animal changing into another? 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

06.21.2020 | 11:52 PM ET

@fish I already know that one is a **** read but if I didn't I wouldn't read it anyway based on the recommended fishrat favorite documentary about ******* wood signs. That bare knuckle one was good though so I guess you're 1-1

* Edited at 06.21.2020, 11:52 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | What’s Next For Jamahal Hill, Boxer Anthony Sims Jr. Talks What UFC Gets Right
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen rejects Daniel Cormier's idea of Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler for UFC 165-pound title
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland’s head coach explains what he could’ve done better vs. Dricus du Plessis, previews Paulo Costa bout
  • Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, ‘Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Mania : MMA Fighter Kicks Ring Girl, Gets Jumped By Angry Mob
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry believes a bare-knuckle fight with Conor McGregor really could happen: ‘Conor’s a real one’
  • Jits Magazine : Midwest Finishers 18 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff
  • MMA Mania : Ankalaev In October? ‘I Want To Fight Sooner’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Weidman compares Alex Pereira's 'deficiency' in particular skill set to Ben Askren's
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Clark roasts Aljamain Sterling after Daniel Cormier suggests next BMF title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused