Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Oleinik

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,783
  • Post Score: 47

06.14.2020 | 6:03 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 08.08.2020 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Oleinik
  • Also Known As: UFC Vegas 6
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC APEX
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Paul Felder
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Derrick Lewis   defeats   Aleksei Oleinik   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground and Pound   0:21 Round 2 of 5, 5:21 Total Bout Page
Chris Weidman   defeats   Omari Akhmedov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Darren Stewart   defeats   Maki Pitolo   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   3:41 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Yana Santos   defeats   Julija Stoliarenko   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Beneil Dariush   defeats   Scott Holtzman   via KO/TKO, Spinning Backfist   4:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tim Means   defeats   Laureano Staropoli   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Joaquin Buckley   via KO/TKO, Right Cross   0:32 Round 3 of 3, 10:32 Total Bout Page
Nasrat Haqparast   defeats   Alex Munoz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Andrew Sanchez   defeats   Wellington Turman   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground and Pound   4:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gavin Tucker   defeats   Justin Jaynes   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:43 Round 3 of 3, 11:43 Total Bout Page
Youssef Zalal   defeats   Peter Barrett   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Irwin Rivera   defeats   Ali AlQaisi   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

Villeitor
Villeitor
  • Predictions:  4,584  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 100

08.02.2020 | 12:57 PM ET

D. Lewis vs A. Oleynik

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 2238th

OLEYNIK SUB.3
En cuanto se gasee Lewis y va a ser muy pronto es pan comido para el Gran OLEYNIK. Oleinik lo llevara al suelo y será el fin de Lewis. Lewis será destruido por el mejor

"El CHARLY ES UN BORINOT"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

08.02.2020 | 3:33 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 1301st

Lewis vs. Oleinik
Alexey Oleinik, SUB, R1
Don't look at me like that. I'm not saying that Lewis isn't gonna knock him out, I'm just saying I've seen Lewis fall down in like 70% of his fights in the first round because he swings like a mad man. Now new skinny Lewis, he probably KOs Oleinik like 7 out of 10. But, no way does Lewis survive on the ground if it happens.

Weidman vs. Akhmedov
Omari Akhmedov, TKO, R2
It's really hard to break glass with a pillow. But at this point Weidman's chin is more like chalk, so I'll say Omari gets it down with a shot to takedown and finishing with some G&P.

Stewart vs. Pitolo
Darren Stewart, TKO, R3
I have no idea where the Maki from last fight came from. I know Charles Byrd isn't good, but honestly Maki actually looked decent. That doesn't erase my history with him though, I've seen him sh*t the bed so many times on the regional scene that I have no faith in him. I mean Dakota Cochrane taking him to literal school was hard to watch, granted DC is probably one of the best unsigned welterweights, but still. Darren is a hard hitter and I've watched Pitolo quit and get bulled by bigger guys in the cage a lot, so I'll say he fades until he has enough and gets finished by the real Middleweight in Stewart.

Kunitskaya vs. Stoliarenko
Yana Kunitskaya, DEC
Everyone knows that Jiu Jitsu is deadly in the lighter weight classes, so all of WMMA. But I think Yana's TD defence is better than Julija's TD %, I'll go out on a limb and say a split decision to Yana.

Dariush vs. Holtzman
Beneil Dariush, SUB, R1
Benny boy gonna come through on this one. Power is the last thing to go, but Scott doesn't have the combo's to piece Benny up the way it takes to disrupt and finish him a'la Edson Barboza. Also, Scott is way too willing to visit the ground for a predominant striker, and Benny will capitalize on that. The MMA lab is a way better gym than Kings MMA at the moment, but Kings has been pumping out fighters on these recent cards unlike the Lab. All of this along with a 60% TD defence from Scott makes me see Benny as a lock.

Means vs. Staropoli
Tim Means, DEC
Big Dirty Bird Tim Means win this one via war IMO. He's a crafty vet who is tough unless you have that weird X factor like Niko Price. I just don't see him at the point in his career where he's ready to let these young guys through without a fight. He's got better stats against way better competition. Staropoli got into the UFC fighting 6-5, 1-0, 1-1, 0-1, 1-0. I would also like to take this time for you casuals to inform you that Means isn't 29-12, he's 31-10 and everyone who watched those fights knows it. 30-26 Means, maybe a finish in 2 or 3.

Haqparast vs. Munoz
Alex Munoz, DEC
Have a hard time sleeping? Struggle no more, watch Alex Munoz hold down Nasrat Haqparast for 15 minutes. Cause if you can't keep Marcin Held (40% TD Acc rate) off of your legs then you can't keep Munoz off of you. Hopefully he's really worked on it, cause if he can stuff 2-3 TD then he'll knock Munoz out VICIOUSLY.

Sanchez vs. Turman
Andrew Sanchez, DEC
Here you have two decent strikers with above average wrestling. They both follow the exact same playbook more or less: Strike, if I'm losing striking then go for takedowns and control the mat game. The weird thing is Sanchez has fought the much stronger roster and done pretty well, so I'll trust him to edge this fight out 29-28. Not very confident.

Jaynes vs. Tucker
Justin Jaynes, TKO, R1
Can the mad lad do it again? I'll bet a unit that he can. At 36 and with only a 33% takedown rate against pretty average fighters makes me hopeful that Jaynes can keep his tenure in the UFC fun. Also that absolute mauling by Glenn has embittered Tucker to me.

Zalal vs. Barrett
Youssef Zalal, SUB, R2
Will it be a submission or TKO? Flip a coin. The weird thing is the Pete can actually crack, he's just not that great everywhere else. I think Zalal wins the exchanges in round 1 and starts strong in Round 2, gets cracked by Slippery Pete and decides to close the distance and lands a sub.

Al Qaisi vs. Rivera
Irwin Rivera, DEC
Hi, I'd like to start this by saying that I dislike Giga Chikadze immensely. Nobody has deserved a win more than Irwin Rivera, he brought that fight against a much bigger striker and stood up and went hard as a mother. I'm expecting a fun fight here.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,535
  • Post Score: 262

08.02.2020 | 5:07 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1006th

Aleski Olynic defeat Derrick Lewis
This fight is such a unknown fight and might switch to Lewis because he grapling defence is strength and i remberber in his last fight agest Blagoy Ivonov he put him in kimura and Lewis just stood up and it was so funny in my oppion. Derrick Lewis might knock him out but Derrick Lewis ain't Ngagnu the last guy he knock out in the first round was Gonzanga in 2016 and the secound round was Travis Brown in the secound. Olynic is one of the best grappler and I think having 10+ minute to work he get the sub at some point.

Omari Akhmendov def Chris Weidman
Suprise the Oddmaker made this fight correct because i was expected another +200 for Weidman. If that was the case I probley put Weidman as dog as U can't ***** about his loss to Reyes, Jacure, Rockhold, Romero and Gegord. Weidman also win round fighting them before getting KO but  all of the knockout have been brutal, Omeri would loss to the fight Weidman fought but I think Omeri gonna knock him out. Weidman a loser and Omeri a winner and winner usualy win and loser loss so i lean Omeri 

"Quack quack quack"

Matti_Juhani
Matti_Juhani
  • Predictions:  1,784  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  295
  • Post Score: 267

08.02.2020 | 5:36 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 2591st

@Damien was it a kimura or americana?

"Life is always better after a big poo."

Reign_From_Discord
Reign_From_Discord
  • Predictions:  68  |  45.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 157

08.02.2020 | 7:25 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 2467th

Zalal vs. Barrett
Peter Barrett, DEC
Peter's hungry, in his physical prime. Zalal's a talented, exciting striker but I expect him to get worked here.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

08.02.2020 | 9:52 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 2 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 2871st

Weidman vs. Akhmedov
Omari Akhmedov, TKO, R1
I worry weidman has hit that point that some of my all time favs have. I think he gets knocked out again.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Coreythegod
Coreythegod
  • Predictions:  570  |  53.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

08.03.2020 | 6:55 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1886th

I think peopl are wrong about the weidman fight , I believe his chin is gone but I think he gets the win here , Uni decision, akhmedov hasn’t knocked no one out in 7 years. I don’t think it changes Saturday look for weidman to spoil some parlays.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

08.03.2020 | 8:15 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2102nd

@Corey i am with you, Yea he has suffered some terrible knockouts lately, but they were all from absolute killer competition, and he was winning most of the fights until the lights went out. I think he gets the win Saturday

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

madyllainy
madyllainy
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 400

08.03.2020 | 10:52 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2276th

Lewis vs. Oleinik
Alexey Oleinik, SUB, R1
It's either this or Derrick Lewis by 'just stand up'.

2020.08.03 4:22 PM ET

bout announced

Kevin Holland vs. Joaquin Buckley at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,535
  • Post Score: 262

08.03.2020 | 4:52 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 525 Points   |   Tied for 1006th

This is honesly a really good card and one of the better free card in my oppion. It weird that they put the only bad fight with Yana Kunitskya on the Main card . Wikipedia also has Giga vs Caceres and that fight is also awesome and Kassem vs Granger Boo and knowing Sean Shelby fight  ordering that **** co main because WMMA is the most entertaning Sarcasm

* Edited at 08.03.2020, 4:57 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,251  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

08.03.2020 | 5:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2443rd

Kunitskaya vs. Stoliarenko
Julija Stoliarenko
Is yana foxy? I dont see it, I'm going with lithuania.

Dariush vs. Holtzman
Beneil Dariush, TKO, R2
Beni Ko younger more experienced better competition.

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

JohnVolcan
JohnVolcan
  • Predictions:  5,334  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  624
  • Post Score: 235

08.04.2020 | 2:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 244th

Lewis vs. Oleinik
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R1
Heavyweight chaos. I don't know. Octagone will crumble under those weird legends. Lewis by Ezechiel choke or Oleinik by spinning back fist. Fun fight.

"Check my ART here if you want : https://www.instagram.com/john.volcan/"

Wilo
Wilo
  • Predictions:  12,196  |  69.8%
  • Forum Posts:  360
  • Post Score: 250

08.04.2020 | 4:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2417th

Weidman vs. Akhmedov
Omari Akhmedov, TKO, R2
Weidman can definitely win this and is a favourable matchup for him considering omari is smaller and doesn’t posses much KO power. However, Its very difficult to trust his chin anymore and the amount of damage he has taken over the years. I think Akhmedov is able to keep the fight standing and land a shot to put away a finished weidman. Omari by TKO

JackChase
JackChase
  • Predictions:  3,491  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: 209

08.05.2020 | 12:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2127th

Lewis vs. Oleinik
Alexey Oleinik, SUB, R2
depends on if Lewis comes out the gate active or not

Weidman vs. Akhmedov
Chris Weidman, DEC
don't bet on weidman fights

Jaynes vs. Tucker
Justin Jaynes, TKO, R2
tucker gets pushed back to easily and if Jaynes fought like he did vs Camacho he wins

Zalal vs. Barrett
Youssef Zalal, TKO, R2
Zalal is the favorite for a reason

Al Qaisi vs. Rivera
Ali Al Qaisi, SUB, R1
Irwin is wild and reckless while Al Qaisi picks his takedowns really well and has shown good submissions albeit vs lesser competition.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

08.05.2020 | 12:35 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2102nd

#freefishrat

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

AnthillIss
AnthillIss

08.05.2020 | 4:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 2491st

Zalal vs. Barrett
Youssef Zalal, DEC
5% barrett ***

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

08.05.2020 | 8:50 AM ET

Lewis fight/ Oleneik Win

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 575 Points   |   Tied for 566th

@Taylor335

Ok bud ..I got to say this.. I agree  here..I agree Oleneik for the win...  that while NEVER being that huge a fan of Lewis to begin with... I'll give him his props..hes suddenly looked like a different fighter his last couple fights... In fact ..someone I could actually get behind if continues...I dont know ..hes changed... hes mixed things in.. Its like hes not afraid of his conditioning now... Oleneik really relys on his personal strength..I dont think even with technique its going to do him so much favor tho against a guy like Lewis... But I do think Olenik if he doesnt get stupid, and keeps this one on the ground can utilize his weight and drag a win out of this one... 

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

StreamFan68
StreamFan68

08.05.2020 | 8:54 AM ET

Weidmens chin

@LiamWilo

I guess thats one way of describing Weidmen and his chin... Guys actually been a very inactive fighter comparatively speaking... so " ware on his chin"  as opposed to Chris has a succeptable chin is a debate many could have...Sorry just never bought into Chris and the schtik Dana created behind him...He had a couple great moments no doubt... But Chris has had FAR more bad performances than he ever has good ones IMO.... 

Im just not sure Chris's chin is due to "so much ware" ya know... Been wrong before tho...

StreamFan68
StreamFan68

08.05.2020 | 9:00 AM ET

Lewis or Oleinik

@JackChase

That scenario you mention on Lewis and Olenik... That REALLY is what it comes down to isnt it? My thoughts exactly... and if Lewis IF does come out right off can connect... which lets face it.. Olenik isnt hard to hit..LOL 

HiDefff
HiDefff

08.05.2020 | 11:39 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 2390th

Saw a stat on twitter " Oleinik landed more significant strikes in round 1 against Werdum (54) than Lewis has ever landed in a UFC total"  that threw me off a bit. 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS
  • UFC.com : UFC 300: Pereira Vs. Hill: The Numbers Behind The Record-Breaking Success
  • Middle Easy : Ilia Topuria Unimpressed by Max Holloway’s Viral UFC 300 KO, Demands to Fight for the BMF Title
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chandler: 'Beatdown of biblical proportions' will retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville official for June at KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Mania : Usman: ‘Legit Eye Pokes’ Helped Holloway ‘Alter The Outcome’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 adds Joe Pyfer vs. Marc-Andre Barriault to International Fight Week lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Ilia Topuria wants Max Holloway at The Sphere, but only if ‘BMF’ title is on the line: ‘I will be the first one to take his lights out’