Tapology Forums

Nunes is not the female goat

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

06.03.2020 | 12:26 PM ET

This should bring in some hate. But i dont believe Amanda Nunes is the female goat. I honestly think she has a very good chance of loosing Saturday to Felicia Spencer.

Nunes is a massive favorite -600 to beat Spencer in the main event. Nunes best wins were by quick stoppages with her heavy hands in the 1st round. Much like the best wins of Tyron Woodleys career. Then she tends to gas and has struggled with grapplers in the past like Cat Zingano. Spencer has shown he took the very best punches from Cyborg,did not get hurt and had great Cardio. Plus her coming from a grappling background, and the cage being much smaller, she has alot of advantages to make a huge upset Saturday.

Also i think Nunes robbed Shevchenko in the rematch.  Out of the majo.r. 20 mma media websites scoring the fight. It was a even 9-9. Split with 2 scoring it a draw. From what i remember most mma fans thought it was too close to score with a slight majority thinking Valentina Shevchenko pulled out the win. And If Valentina had won, she would have avenged all looses in her career carmouche/nunes and we would be discussing her as the best female of all time right now.

The Cyborg victory i chaulk up to carelessly reckless fighting on both fighters and Cyborg thinking she was invincible Because she basically has neverm lost a mma fight Her entire career excluding her very 1st pro fight. If there was a rematch i honestly believe Cyborg would win and fight much more cautious being the much better technicall striker and overall better fighter. But due to Politics and backstage UFC drama therematchh never would have happened. Cyborg being very outspoken against the organization, difficult to control, asking for lots of money and generally being a pain in the ass ended any chance of a rematch anytime soon.

When we look at a goat, we look at overall skill, size and level of competition. Unfortunately Amanda Nunes is the best fighter in a very shallow weight class, compared to 115 where the best talent and overall skill is at. Not her fault but being the best at the shallow weight class is not as impressive as a more deep weight class and strength of competition. Its like Kayla Harrison being the greatest 155 female fighter of all time. While true, it would be unfair statement to say shes the greatest of all time.

Ronda Rousey had a insane -1250 odds to beat Holly Holm in their match and i felt she could not take Holm down and Holm was gonna beat her up standing. So this huge upset is not impossible as some might think. Felicia Spencer might get beaten to a bloody pulp Saturday but she might pull off the gigantic upset. Either was i dont think in 10 years Amanda Nunes will be the 🐐

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Responses Page 2

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.07.2020 | 12:29 AM ET

Nunes has finished every other 135 and 145 women's champ in UFC history in the first round. If that's not GOAT material what the hell is?

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.07.2020 | 12:52 AM ET

Nunez is the goat of Manley ****s!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

06.07.2020 | 12:53 AM ET

P.s. if you took Spencer you are officially banned from tapology until next week. See u punk ***********ers then.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

06.07.2020 | 1:06 AM ET

Well.....****

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’