Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

Let's talk BWs; rankings and matchmaking

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  13,712  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  7,635
  • Post Score: 130

05.28.2020 | 8:09 PM ET

For me, this is currently the most interesting weight class. The top 8 in the tap consensus rankings along with Aldo and Edgar (not eligible yet) clearly form the top tier with Cruz, Faber, and Dodson being a nice buffer zone between the top ranked fighters and everyone else. 

I get Marlon being #1 even though I thought Aldo won their fight and both Yan & Sandhagen are unbeaten in the UFC but what I don't get is how Sterling is ranked so high. He lost to Assuncao, and his biggest wins are over Munhoz, who also lost to Assuncao although in his promotional debut, and Rivera, who also holds a win over Munhoz. I don't think Raphael losing his rematch to Marlon and then a decision to Sandhagen signal a decline in his skills as much as just facing better competition than any of those 3. Taking all this into account, my rankings:

So I would've rather seen:

Sandhagen vs. Yan for the vacant title 

Marlon vs. Garbrandt 

Jose vs. Sterling 

Assuncao vs. Rivera 

Munhoz vs. Edgar 

Dodson vs. either Cruz or Faber.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Responses

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  11,853  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,373
  • Post Score: 224

05.29.2020 | 11:31 AM ET

I would of put

Marlon vs Yan for the title

Sterling vs Sandhagen for the title eliminator

Aldo vs Rivera
Munhoz vs Edgar - already booked
Kape vs Dodson...Interested in how newly signed Kape does in the UFC
Assuncao vs Garbrandt - already booked
Faber vs Barcelos
Cruz vs Font

Wannabeexpert
Wannabeexpert
  • Predictions:  816  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 267

05.29.2020 | 11:51 AM ET

I have Yan vs. Sterling

For me the titlematch that should be booked for the vacant title is Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling. 

Title eliminator as mainevent on a fight night is Marlon Moraes vs. Jose Aldo cause i want to see that fight over 5 rounds. 

Cory Sandhagen vs. Cody Garbrandt
Munhoz vs. Edgar

And for february 2021 i want TJ Garbrandt vs. Urijah Faber, this is the only fight i NEED. I know it wont be that great and TJ shoudl win it rather easy but i still need it. 
pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  11,853  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,373
  • Post Score: 224

05.29.2020 | 12:00 PM ET

The problem with Sandhagen vs Garbrandt is that Garbrandt has 3 straight losses while Sandhagen has 7 straight wins. Although its a cool fight, right now doesn't fit.

I agree, I forgot about Dillashaw, Faber vs TJ is a good matchup

Marlon vs Aldo in a 5 rounder works too
NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  1,925  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  749
  • Post Score: 228

05.29.2020 | 1:02 PM ET

Even tho chito is coming off a loss I’d like to see him fight Rivera to see where they both stand in the division, I think Jimmie is on the way out

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Wannabeexpert
Wannabeexpert
  • Predictions:  816  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 267

06.12.2020 | 3:16 AM ET

Yeah Sandhagen vs. Garbrandt was strange

I reread what i wrote and does not now what i was thinking really there, probably thought it was a fun fight and left it there. 

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Twitter reacts to Max Holloway's masterclass win over Calvin Kattar at UFC on ABC 1
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ABC 1 results: Carlos Condit outworks Matt Brown en route to unanimous win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Island 7 results: Carlos Condit wins unanimous decision in grueling back-and-forth battle with Matt Brown
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown full fight video highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Twitter reacts to Carlos Condit's win over Matt Brown to close contract at UFC on ABC 1
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Island 7 live blog: Max Holloway vs. Calvin Kattar
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ABC 1 results: Li Jingliang knocks out Santiago Ponzinibbio in first
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Island 7 video: Li Jingliang gives Santiago Ponzinibbio rude welcome back with vicious first-round knockout
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Island 7 live blog: Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ABC 1 video: Alessio Di Chirico flips script, knocks out Joaquin Buckley with head kick
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Island 7 video: Alessio Di Chirico delivers devastating head kick to knock out viral sensation Joaquin Buckley
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Khabib Nurmagomedov open to return after UFC 257, nothing definitive
  • MMA Weekly : Khabib Nurmagomedov leaves door open for UFC return
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White announces that Khabib Nurmagomedov could return if UFC 257 lightweights, Charles Oliveira ‘can do something special’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Fight Island 7 video: Punahele Soriano returns from year off and finishes Dusko Todorovic in stunning fashion
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Punahele Soriano rocks Dusko Todorovic, gets UFC on ABC era started with a bang
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ABC 1 heavyweights Carlos Felipe, Justin Tafa swing for the fences in all-out brawl
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Volkanovski expected to defend featherweight title against Brian Ortega at UFC 260
  • UFC.com : Overeem vs Volkov To Headline Feb 6 Fight Night
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ABC 1 play-by-play and live results