Tapology Forums

Why do picks not save?! So frustrating!!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Machine
Machine
  • Predictions:  1,985  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

05.09.2020 | 8:38 PM ET

So many times I have entered my picks and saved them, only to go back to view them and find that they've reset, causing me to have to enter them all again. This evening, for the second time, I didn't go and review them after saving until the card had already begun, and my picks were all gone, even though I'm always super careful about saving, because of this very issue. Using chrome on android 

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,556
  • Post Score: 275

05.09.2020 | 9:00 PM ET

Sorry you are having trouble. We have a lot of people making picks on the website and it doesn't really seem to be a problem that other people encounter.

I suspect your picks are never being entered or saved to begin with, because it's not really possible for them to just reset.

When you click the "Save Picks" button while making your picks, it should bring you to a completely new page where it says "Your Picks Have Been Entered".   If you click the save button and nothing really happens and it doesn't take you to a new page, your picks have NOT been saved.

Can you keep this in mind the next time you try to make picks? If it stays on the same page, it means clicking the save button is not doing anything (and something in your phone's browser might be preventing the button from working).

"I live, I die, I live again."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

05.09.2020 | 9:20 PM ET

I thought I had picks in too but chances are I spaced and didn’t hit save

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Machine
Machine
  • Predictions:  1,985  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

05.09.2020 | 11:33 PM ET

It takes me to the"your picks have been entered" page. Then, from there, when I use the menu button at top right and select view my picks, they will be blank again 
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,556
  • Post Score: 275

05.10.2020 | 10:47 AM ET

Machine that's interesting. In this case, I'd guess that the picks for some reason are not fully selected on the page before you click the "Save" button.

My current theory is that something with the version of your Chrome app on your phone is interfering with your selections when you tap on the fighters/etc.

Can you try the following:
- Make a couple of picks for this Wednesday's upcoming UFC card
- After clicking "Save Picks", next click "View Picks" on the right side of the "Your Picks Have Been Entered" page

- See if the picks you just made are displayed on the page
- If so, everything seems to be working correctly
- If not, please try the same thing with a different browser app or a different device

Feel free to email us using this form, if you want to take this offline and work through the problem via email:

https://www.tapology.com/tickets/new

"I live, I die, I live again."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.10.2020 | 2:43 PM ET

This has happened to me episodically before(on PC) and my guess ( and it's pretty strong hunch) is that it isn't a site issue, it's a latency issue or some kind of packet loss issue. The forum code is stable but networks aren't.

I run a ****load of extensions and they don't seem to interfere with my ability to enter and/or save picks.

* Edited at 05.10.2020, 2:59 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 18 hours, and 28 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family